Skip to content

The Wide Receivers

The Browns Board
57 26 2.5k
  • sammy watkins will NOT be our #1 pick which means he won't be there at our 2nd pick (in the first round).

    there will be a lot of heads exploding between now and next april.

    too bad WE (as fans) can't have a voice on talent evaluation. god knows we couldn't do a worse job.

    @miktoxic said:

    there will be a lot of heads exploding between now and next april.

    Is that a weed joke? 😉

  • who cares if they smoke? bill clinton and george bush can be president doing coke but people can smoke a little weed? People should worry about their own lives and not other people's

    @hurricane said:

    who cares if they smoke? bill clinton and george bush can be president doing coke but people can smoke a little weed? People should worry about their own lives and not other people's

    And you are a fucking tool asshole. These are highly paid professional athletes dumb ass. They are paid to perform, not smoke fucking weed you fucking dipshit buttfucking piece of dog shit.

  • @hurricane said:

    who cares if they smoke? bill clinton and george bush can be president doing coke but people can smoke a little weed? People should worry about their own lives and not other people's

    And you are a fucking tool asshole. These are highly paid professional athletes dumb ass. They are paid to perform, not smoke fucking weed you fucking dipshit buttfucking piece of dog shit.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    And you are a fucking tool asshole. These are highly paid professional athletes dumb ass. They are paid to perform, not smoke fucking weed you fucking dipshit buttfucking piece of dog shit.

    funny shit DHBF!

    yeah it's legal in a couple of states, most you have to have a medical reason but we all know how easy that script is to get.

    like everyone else here is trying to say (and not in an anti-weed type of way) is if you get hired at a job that says it's illegal for you to use certain substances then it's a reason for being fired, fined or placed in rehab.

    do you think fedex truck drivers in colorado are allowed to go puffing a big fatty down the highway?

    weed should be legalized and taxed just like cigs and booze and everything else bad for ya, it'll come maybe a decade from now. if they do the countries' debt would go out the window overnight with every puff taken and exhaled.

    the real deal is canada. they are so progressive they make us look like their stepchild. just overruled the ban on prostitution. there'll be a lot of toothless hoes back to work.

  • I don't personally see anything wrong with smokin some ganja. But I don't make the laws or the rules. I'm sure WHEN its legalized the NFL will also legalize it. The only person it could hurt is themselves because its certainly not enhancing anyone's performance.

  • I said it before. I'm SHOCKED an NFL Wr. is smoking weed SHOCKED I SAY

    @browns149 said:

    I said it before. I'm SHOCKED an NFL Wr. is smoking weed SHOCKED I SAY

    I am far from shocked he is smoking weed. I am shocked he is fucking stupid enough to post a pic of it. I would fire him for straight up stupidity.

  • Wow, Bess has really been a disappointment and I did NOT see that coming. I thought it was a genius addition, one of the most dependable slots receivers in the NFL, a human chain mover. Now he leads the entire league in drops (14) and just put up an Instagram smoking weed. Also heard a family problem (he's from a tough part of Oakland) has been on his mind all year.

    I have a feeling the Browns still believe in Greg Little. I seriously do. He works his ass off, keeps his nose clean, and flashes that YAC ability. I could see him playing more slot next year. I'm also beginning to wonder if the guy who gets cut is Bess. He turns 29 next year and he just seems to be a mess. He'd really have to turn it around.

    The Browns need to add a WR at the top of the pile, maybe as high as our second first round pick and no later than our early round 2 pick. In a deep WR draft, you'll find someone really good early in round 2, especially when you already have a #1. The Browns have some artillery to make that ever-popular move to the 33rd pick overnight and I could seem them targeting a specific WR there.

    I thought we got the dick discussion out of the way in the foreskin thread...

    @shep said:

    I have a feeling the Browns still believe in Greg Little. I seriously do. He works his ass off, keeps his nose clean, and flashes that YAC ability. I could see him playing more slot next year. I'm also beginning to wonder if the guy who gets cut is Bess. He turns 29 next year and he just seems to be a mess. He'd really have to turn it around.

    The Browns need to add a WR at the top of the pile, maybe as high as our second first round pick and no later than our early round 2 pick. In a deep WR draft, you'll find someone really good early in round 2, especially when you already have a #1. The Browns have some artillery to make that ever-popular move to the 33rd pick overnight and I could seem them targeting a specific WR there.

    You know where I stand on drafting a WR... 🙂

    Totally agree on Little... He's a tantalizing physical specimen and he flashes production. Makes some ridiculous catches and then drops an easy one... or three...

    I'm also looking forward to Benji's return next year. Durability is a big question, but when used for more than streaks he was effective. Plus there's his PR capability...

    @lbc-mike said:

    here is a list of free agents for next year.

    http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=WR&Year=2014

    Two names jumped out at me:

    UFA - Golden Tate - Could be that I've caught his two good games for the 'Hawks this year, but he looks like what we hoped for in Bess... but younger and with more speed.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TateGo00.htm

    RFA - Dane Sanzenbacher - If he goes unsigned, then I'd sure invite him to camp. Just a quick, fearless hands guy... I prolly just have a soft spot in my head for him, but I like the kid.

  • Browns won't draft Sammy Watkins because he'd go in our QB slot. It just won't happen. This brass won't put the cart ahead of the horse like the last one did.

    I could see Bortles and Marquise Lee, someone like that. We're not looking for an "all star" receiver (we have our top two in Gordon and Cameron). We're looking for a better third option than we have right now. And 2nd round (or third) is where you get that guy.

    Kenny Stills, New Orleans, was a 5th rounder and he's playing really well. Then again, good quarterbacks make their GMs look like geniuses drafting WRs. Stills would NOT be doing that for the Browns.

    We can't sign a serious f/a receiver until our QB situation is settled and a pretty damn high level. We have to draft them.

    @shep said:

    Browns won't draft Sammy Watkins because he'd go in our QB slot. It just won't happen. This brass won't put the cart ahead of the horse like the last one did.

    I could see Bortles and Marquise Lee, someone like that. We're not looking for an "all star" receiver (we have our top two in Gordon and Cameron). We're looking for a better third option than we have right now. And 2nd round (or third) is where you get that guy.

    Kenny Stills, New Orleans, was a 5th rounder and he's playing really well. Then again, good quarterbacks make their GMs look like geniuses drafting WRs. Stills would NOT be doing that for the Browns.

    We can't sign a serious f/a receiver until our QB situation is settled and a pretty damn high level. We have to draft them.

    I want a quarterback as well, of course. The thing is that it's December. The draft landscape will totally change in the next few months. What if the browns don't like any of the qbs available with 1a? Does Lombardi throw his back out on a weeden-esque reach? Do they go BPA? Do they trade up? I certainly don't know what they will or should do. I just don't like the "WE MUST DRAFT POSITION X WITH PICK Y" mentality. Most people expect Hoyer to start next season anyway, we can afford to let the draft come to us...

  • @shep said:

    Browns won't draft Sammy Watkins because he'd go in our QB slot. It just won't happen. This brass won't put the cart ahead of the horse like the last one did.

    I could see Bortles and Marquise Lee, someone like that. We're not looking for an "all star" receiver (we have our top two in Gordon and Cameron). We're looking for a better third option than we have right now. And 2nd round (or third) is where you get that guy.

    Kenny Stills, New Orleans, was a 5th rounder and he's playing really well. Then again, good quarterbacks make their GMs look like geniuses drafting WRs. Stills would NOT be doing that for the Browns.

    We can't sign a serious f/a receiver until our QB situation is settled and a pretty damn high level. We have to draft them.

    I want a quarterback as well, of course. The thing is that it's December. The draft landscape will totally change in the next few months. What if the browns don't like any of the qbs available with 1a? Does Lombardi throw his back out on a weeden-esque reach? Do they go BPA? Do they trade up? I certainly don't know what they will or should do. I just don't like the "WE MUST DRAFT POSITION X WITH PICK Y" mentality. Most people expect Hoyer to start next season anyway, we can afford to let the draft come to us...

    @roycerolls said:

    we can afford to let the draft come to us...

    you mean to lombardi and banner of course.

    i doubt 'us' will make the same picks as 'us' would want or they could do it right.

    my money is on black.

  • Browns won't draft Sammy Watkins because he'd go in our QB slot. It just won't happen. This brass won't put the cart ahead of the horse like the last one did.

    I could see Bortles and Marquise Lee, someone like that. We're not looking for an "all star" receiver (we have our top two in Gordon and Cameron). We're looking for a better third option than we have right now. And 2nd round (or third) is where you get that guy.

    Kenny Stills, New Orleans, was a 5th rounder and he's playing really well. Then again, good quarterbacks make their GMs look like geniuses drafting WRs. Stills would NOT be doing that for the Browns.

    We can't sign a serious f/a receiver until our QB situation is settled and a pretty damn high level. We have to draft them.

    @shep said:

    Browns won't draft Sammy Watkins because he'd go in our QB slot. It just won't happen. This brass won't put the cart ahead of the horse like the last one did.

    I could see Bortles and Marquise Lee, someone like that. We're not looking for an "all star" receiver (we have our top two in Gordon and Cameron). We're looking for a better third option than we have right now. And 2nd round (or third) is where you get that guy.

    Kenny Stills, New Orleans, was a 5th rounder and he's playing really well. Then again, good quarterbacks make their GMs look like geniuses drafting WRs. Stills would NOT be doing that for the Browns.

    We can't sign a serious f/a receiver until our QB situation is settled and a pretty damn high level. We have to draft them.

    Ah Sheppie, go look at the standings- right now we draft sixth or so, and of the teams ahead of us- four out of the five will likely be in the qb market. So the Browns will have to get extremely lucky, or give up the Ranch to move up. That's worked out extremely well for the Deaskins giving up three firsts and a second to land RG III and a three win season. The Rams thank them profusely for the top five pick.

    Not only that- there isn't a Luck, or even an RG III in this draft by all accounts. (Except by the rose colored qb fanatics). I'd rather take McCarron (or someone similar) at 1b than throw away multiple picks on the third best available qb.

  • I agrre with Hoorta...This is "NOT" the year to give up picks to move up for a QB...it would guarantee futility in this town...

  • This is the yr to move back.

  • This is the yr to move back.

    @cdl15 said:

    This is the yr to move back.

    This is the one thing you said that makes sense IMO.

    Everything else is complaining that Edwin baker isn't a pro bowler.

  • You don't go fishing with the #4-6 overall... you don't "take a chance" at that level.

    I do not understand folks saying a WR of Watkins stature would not help our QB. How many times have the words "we have WRs that cannot separate" been posted here this season?

    Put Sammy with Gordo and let the separatin' begin...

  • he's probably already been told he won't be coming back.

  • This is in like three different threads already.

  • And it happened like a week ago. He's inactive because he's on the non football injury list.