Skip to content

Will Tanney play in the final game?

The Browns Board
25 12 1.2k
  • Zombo said:

    He has won one game. Try the kid.

    Zombo

    OK, Campbell had a crappy game against the Jets, no doubt about it. I suppose he was on the field when the D did their now classic ned of half, end of game fold.

    @browns149 said:

    Nothing says "we give up" like playing the way they did against the Jets

    Over at halftime- should have taken a nap.

    @hoorta said:

    OK, Campbell had a crappy game against the Jets, no doubt about it. I suppose he was on the field when the D did their now classic ned of half, end of game fold.

    Over at halftime- should have taken a nap.

    No, the defense is horrible. I'm just saying that unless the Browns plan on keeping Camps for next year, then it wouldn't hurt to look at Tanney. At least make him the backup this week, I don't ever want to see Weeden again.

    Zombo

  • @hoorta said:

    OK, Campbell had a crappy game against the Jets, no doubt about it. I suppose he was on the field when the D did their now classic ned of half, end of game fold.

    Over at halftime- should have taken a nap.

    No, the defense is horrible. I'm just saying that unless the Browns plan on keeping Camps for next year, then it wouldn't hurt to look at Tanney. At least make him the backup this week, I don't ever want to see Weeden again.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    No, the defense is horrible. I'm just saying that unless the Browns plan on keeping Camps for next year, then it wouldn't hurt to look at Tanney. At least make him the backup this week, I don't ever want to see Weeden again.

    Zombo

    That'd be something.

    Weeden coming in to throw a game ending flip 6 against Pittsburgh. Idk if I'd ever be able to watch another game.

  • I agree, let's see what Tanney's got. Campbell basically admitted his head is not in the right place ever since the loss to NE, so I think we may as well see if Tanney is someone who can inject a little life into the team for the last game of the season. If the win, great. If they lose, so what?

    I'd still bring Campbell back next year, but only as a third-string backup and mentor for a drafted QB, with Hoyer as the starting QB.

  • I agree, let's see what Tanney's got. Campbell basically admitted his head is not in the right place ever since the loss to NE, so I think we may as well see if Tanney is someone who can inject a little life into the team for the last game of the season. If the win, great. If they lose, so what?

    I'd still bring Campbell back next year, but only as a third-string backup and mentor for a drafted QB, with Hoyer as the starting QB.

    @osiris said:

    I agree, let's see what Tanney's got. Campbell basically admitted his head is not in the right place ever since the loss to NE, so I think we may as well see if Tanney is someone who can inject a little life into the team for the last game of the season. If the win, great. If they lose, so what?

    I'd still bring Campbell back next year, but only as a third-string backup and mentor for a drafted QB, with Hoyer as the starting QB.

    Yea, Campbell really is a 3rd string guy. That is what he was supposed to be this year. #3 behind Weeden and Hoyer. But with Weeden's suckage being so eminent, and Hoyer getting hurt he was propelled to a position he never should of or was meant to be in: The Browns starting QB.

    Next year, yes, I suspect they will keep Hoyer....draft a QB.....and why not have Campbell at #3 where he belonged in the first place......

    unless you think they may keep BW3 and ditch Campbell instead?

    What is the contract situations of Weeden and Campbell. I think they are both under contract.....not that that matters in the NFL.

  • I sure as hell hope he doesn't what if he has a decent game? then spend the entire off season with every idiot talking about him like he's the next Tony Romo.

  • @osiris said:

    I agree, let's see what Tanney's got. Campbell basically admitted his head is not in the right place ever since the loss to NE, so I think we may as well see if Tanney is someone who can inject a little life into the team for the last game of the season. If the win, great. If they lose, so what?

    I'd still bring Campbell back next year, but only as a third-string backup and mentor for a drafted QB, with Hoyer as the starting QB.

    Yea, Campbell really is a 3rd string guy. That is what he was supposed to be this year. #3 behind Weeden and Hoyer. But with Weeden's suckage being so eminent, and Hoyer getting hurt he was propelled to a position he never should of or was meant to be in: The Browns starting QB.

    Next year, yes, I suspect they will keep Hoyer....draft a QB.....and why not have Campbell at #3 where he belonged in the first place......

    unless you think they may keep BW3 and ditch Campbell instead?

    What is the contract situations of Weeden and Campbell. I think they are both under contract.....not that that matters in the NFL.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, Campbell really is a 3rd string guy. That is what he was supposed to be this year. #3 behind Weeden and Hoyer. But with Weeden's suckage being so eminent, and Hoyer getting hurt he was propelled to a position he never should of or was meant to be in: The Browns starting QB.

    Next year, yes, I suspect they will keep Hoyer....draft a QB.....and why not have Campbell at #3 where he belonged in the first place......

    unless you think they may keep BW3 and ditch Campbell instead?

    What is the contract situations of Weeden and Campbell. I think they are both under contract.....not that that matters in the NFL.

    No way they keep Weeden. He is gone 100% guaranteed. JC I think has a fifty-fifty chance. I know some talk about the Browns picking up Cutler or trading for Cousins, and I don't want that to happen but the way all the QBs in college are going back for another year, that is becoming a more realistic possibility.

  • @osiris said:

    I agree, let's see what Tanney's got. Campbell basically admitted his head is not in the right place ever since the loss to NE, so I think we may as well see if Tanney is someone who can inject a little life into the team for the last game of the season. If the win, great. If they lose, so what?

    I'd still bring Campbell back next year, but only as a third-string backup and mentor for a drafted QB, with Hoyer as the starting QB.

    Yea, Campbell really is a 3rd string guy. That is what he was supposed to be this year. #3 behind Weeden and Hoyer. But with Weeden's suckage being so eminent, and Hoyer getting hurt he was propelled to a position he never should of or was meant to be in: The Browns starting QB.

    Next year, yes, I suspect they will keep Hoyer....draft a QB.....and why not have Campbell at #3 where he belonged in the first place......

    unless you think they may keep BW3 and ditch Campbell instead?

    What is the contract situations of Weeden and Campbell. I think they are both under contract.....not that that matters in the NFL.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, Campbell really is a 3rd string guy. That is what he was supposed to be this year. #3 behind Weeden and Hoyer. But with Weeden's suckage being so eminent, and Hoyer getting hurt he was propelled to a position he never should of or was meant to be in: The Browns starting QB.

    Next year, yes, I suspect they will keep Hoyer....draft a QB.....and why not have Campbell at #3 where he belonged in the first place......

    unless you think they may keep BW3 and ditch Campbell instead?

    What is the contract situations of Weeden and Campbell. I think they are both under contract.....not that that matters in the NFL.

    Campbell #3??? I seem to remember a whole leap frog thing when they started Hoyer over Campbell in Week #3.

    I think Campbell is Hoyer's back up to start the season with our new prospect in the #3 slot.

    Following is from http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden :

    7/24/2012: Signed a four-year, $8.083 million contract. The deal included a $4.318 million signing bonus. Weeden's first three base salaries are fully guaranteed, as is $920,000 of his fourth-year salary. 2013: $757,436, 2014: $1,124,872, 2015: $1,492,308, 2016: Free Agent

    So we're stuck for another $2MM in guarateed money. Pay the man and send him packing...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea, Campbell really is a 3rd string guy. That is what he was supposed to be this year. #3 behind Weeden and Hoyer. But with Weeden's suckage being so eminent, and Hoyer getting hurt he was propelled to a position he never should of or was meant to be in: The Browns starting QB.

    Next year, yes, I suspect they will keep Hoyer....draft a QB.....and why not have Campbell at #3 where he belonged in the first place......

    unless you think they may keep BW3 and ditch Campbell instead?

    What is the contract situations of Weeden and Campbell. I think they are both under contract.....not that that matters in the NFL.

    Campbell #3??? I seem to remember a whole leap frog thing when they started Hoyer over Campbell in Week #3.

    I think Campbell is Hoyer's back up to start the season with our new prospect in the #3 slot.

    Following is from http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden :

    7/24/2012: Signed a four-year, $8.083 million contract. The deal included a $4.318 million signing bonus. Weeden's first three base salaries are fully guaranteed, as is $920,000 of his fourth-year salary. 2013: $757,436, 2014: $1,124,872, 2015: $1,492,308, 2016: Free Agent

    So we're stuck for another $2MM in guarateed money. Pay the man and send him packing...

    @tour2ma said:

    Campbell #3??? I seem to remember a whole leap frog thing when they started Hoyer over Campbell in Week #3.

    I think Campbell is Hoyer's back up to start the season with our new prospect in the #3 slot.

    Following is from http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden :

    7/24/2012: Signed a four-year, $8.083 million contract. The deal included a $4.318 million signing bonus. Weeden's first three base salaries are fully guaranteed, as is $920,000 of his fourth-year salary. 2013: $757,436, 2014: $1,124,872, 2015: $1,492,308, 2016: Free Agent

    So we're stuck for another $2MM in guarateed money. Pay the man and send him packing...
    the horrible part is, he's a sunken investment. Were paying him whether he's on the team or not next year. Itll be a battle for the number 3 spot between him and Campbell. Unless we get anything in return from a team desperate for a backup, he'll be on the roster at least through final cuts.
  • The weeden pick was horrible. Thanks Walrus

  • The weeden pick was horrible. Thanks Walrus

    @lbc-mike said:

    The weeden pick was horrible. Thanks Walrus

    You are like a day late and a dollar short with your contribution there sport.

  • thanks gipp lol