Skip to content

The Browns are in The Land of Oz

The Browns Board
11 6 627
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #1

    I was watching yesterday's came and it suddenly came to me why I was having a deja vu experience....and what the Browns remind me of:

    They are living in the Land of OZ.

    More specifically, they are the embodiment of the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and the Lion:

    They play like they have no Brains.

    They play like they have no Heart.

    They play like they have no Courage.

    Of course, this emcompasses the entire team...not just the players.

    The problem is that the guys that have been brought here to correct things....Banner/Lombardi may very well be as phony as the Wizard of Oz himself. They may be just men behind a curtain blowing smoke up all our asses and spewing meaningless flame. This offseason will determine if this FO is just a clattering collection of colliginous junk or not.

    In another year I expect we will learn if Chudzinski is a good witch....who can direct this team to learn how to click its ruby slippers and take them home to the playoffs.....or if he is a bad witch that just melts at the slightest opposition.

    Right now, this year, he is definitely the wicked witch of the East. A house certainly fell on this team this year. By next year we will learn if he is also the Wicked Witch of the West, whose tenure as coach of this team should be liquidated.

    Sorry, I know that we should be patient and give these guys time. But by next year if Banner/Lombardi/Chud don't get on the yellow brick road that leads this team to the Emerald City, then I think it may be time to call in the Flying Monkeys and carry them away.

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #2

    It seems to me more like groundhog day.

    groundhogday.png

  • F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I agree with you. I want stability in coaching as much as the next guy but at some point you have to get results or be pushed out of the way. It's a good nucleus of guys (both coaches and players) without a talented quarterback and with a series of upgrades needed at certain positions. I like the playbook, occasionally question the empty backfield on 3rd or 4th and one, but it wouldn't take much to move this team to .500, so all I have to say to the front-office and coaches, is get off your asses and make it happen. Don't go into next year with questions at key positions and millions of dollars of cap space - take away any excuse for failure. Resign players, have a great draft, find your QB, another starting wide-out, and running game, and upgrade in other areas (guard, inside linebacker, etc.) as needed.

    QB is essential and I would take a three pronged approach. Hoyer, 1st choice in the draft, and a free agent. That free agent could be Campbell, but I would hope it could be someone with more upside potential. Hoyer could be QB2 and the draft pick QB3 for now if we can find a great free agent. And, yes, I would over-pay if I had to.

    I would look for at least two more Free Agent signings or trade (an interior linebacker is a must). One of my lower draft choices would be a big bruising running back to complement our faster, smaller group. O-line needs more help. Time to see Gilkey out there.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Frenchie, you are taking the fun out of this by providing us with dry analysis of the Browns issues. Not that there is anything bad or wrong with your analysis, its just that you didn't use any entertaining movie metaphors to make your point.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #5

    flying-monkeys.jpg

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I guess that makes us all munchkins???

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #7

    The Land of Confusion may be apropos:

  • The Land of Confusion may be apropos:

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @slowburn said:

    The Land of Confusion may be apropos:

    A good Phil Collins song kinder crapped up by some metal act? Your intentions were fine...just your choice was questionable 😛

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #9

    can't do phil Collins. his video creeps me out

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Strange subject to begin with.

  • Strange subject to begin with.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Strange subject to begin with.

    So, What's your point, Mr. Potter?