Skip to content

Where the Browns draft from

The Browns Board
57 20 2.0k
  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I'd love to get clowney and mosley. I think that's highly unlikely tho.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I did another run today and here is what I came up with:

    1A Teddy Twatwater QB Louisville

    1B David Yankey OG Stanford

    2. Louchez Purefoiy CB Florida

    3A. Carlos Hyde RB Ohio St.

    3B. Max Bullough ILB Michigan St.

    4. AJ Johnson ILB Tennesee

    5.A Arthur Lynch TE Georgia

    5B. Mike Davis WR Texas

    6. James Wilder Jr. RB FSU

    7. Jeff Matthews QB Cornell

    I doubled up on this team's biggest weaknesses: 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 ILBs, plus filled in needs at OG/CB/TE/WR

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    #4 overall... it's a lock. Not fair that Jacksonville beat us, but will pick before us...

  • #4 overall... it's a lock. Not fair that Jacksonville beat us, but will pick before us...

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @thenew23 said:

    #4 overall... it's a lock. Not fair that Jacksonville beat us, but will pick before us...

    you would think head-to-head would be the 1st tie breaker. But that's the NFL for ya

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #27

    i would trade down. there isn't a GREAT QB until maybe bortles and he shouldn't go before #10.

    but being me as usual i say we drop down to pick the #1 CB in the draft.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #28

    no trading down. no QB pick in the 1st round

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    don't trade down and get 5 guys that can start NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't really care at what position, we need players that play at almost ALL positions

  • don't trade down and get 5 guys that can start NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't really care at what position, we need players that play at almost ALL positions

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @browns149 said:

    don't trade down and get 5 guys that can start NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't really care at what position, we need players that play at almost ALL positions

    ?????????????????????

    so trade down and get 5 guys that can't play?

    uh...................

  • @browns149 said:

    don't trade down and get 5 guys that can start NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't really care at what position, we need players that play at almost ALL positions

    ?????????????????????

    so trade down and get 5 guys that can't play?

    uh...................

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @miktoxic said:

    ?????????????????????

    so trade down and get 5 guys that can't play?

    uh...................

    No. pick all the picks we have, and get 5 starters. Preferably a starting CB, ILB, G, RB, and QB. They have 10 picks, 5 starters would be a great draft. And 5 guys that contribute.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    The top 5 has mostly become OTs, DTs, pass-rushers, or QBs. Since we don't need a OT or DT that bad, and we blew our wad last year on pass-rushers, I guess we almost have to draft a QB or trade down. Well... there have been some great WRs drafted in the top 5, but not sure if there's one of those guys this year...

    If we could trade down to 9 or 10 and pick up another 2, that would make 4 picks in the top 50 in a very talented draft...

    Anyway, here comes 4+ months of debating and speculating... erg

  • @miktoxic said:

    ?????????????????????

    so trade down and get 5 guys that can't play?

    uh...................

    No. pick all the picks we have, and get 5 starters. Preferably a starting CB, ILB, G, RB, and QB. They have 10 picks, 5 starters would be a great draft. And 5 guys that contribute.

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @browns149 said:

    No. pick all the picks we have, and get 5 starters. Preferably a starting CB, ILB, G, RB, and QB. They have 10 picks, 5 starters would be a great draft. And 5 guys that contribute.

    I might replace FS and WR for CB and RB... meaning my instant reaction is that we need the most help as follows (in order): QB, WR, ILB, FS, G. I would follow that with CB and RB. I think getting a tall and talented CB is important, but more of a luxury. We really need guys to replace Gipson and Robertson/Jackson (not sure which has been worse) to shore up an otherwise pretty solid D. Also, finding a RB shouldn't be as hard as we make it look. I like maybe Lewis/Baker/Ogby and add a FB, or draft a guy in the 4th or later...

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Gipson has been okay.

  • Gipson has been okay.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @lbc-mike said:

    Gipson has been okay.

    He has been better at Safety then Skrine has been at CB

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #36

    44416420.jpg

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @mld-woody said:

    44416420.jpg

    you are 13 aren't you?

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @mld-woody said:

    44416420.jpg

    It would be MUCH MUCH better then drafting all wolverines



  • R1



    DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY

    SOUTH CAROLINA




    R1



    ILB C.J. MOSLEY

    ALABAMA




    R2



    OT ANTONIO RICHARDSON *Move schwartz to G, with backup tackle duty*

    TENNESSEE




    R3



    WR BRANDON COLEMAN

    RUTGERS




    R3



    CB E.J. GAINES

    MISSOURI




    R4



    QB AARON MURRAY

    GEORGIA




    R4



    CB JAYLEN WATKINS

    FLORIDA




    R5



    RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS

    OREGON




    R6



    RB SILAS REDD

    USC




    R7



    TE COLT LYERLA

    OREGON




    I wish took Hyde or Wilder Jr. earlier instead of CB Gaines or Watkins

    SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @browns616 said:

    R1

    DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY

    SOUTH CAROLINA

    R1

    ILB C.J. MOSLEY

    ALABAMA

    R2

    OT ANTONIO RICHARDSON *Move schwartz to G, with backup tackle duty*

    TENNESSEE

    R3

    WR BRANDON COLEMAN

    RUTGERS

    R3

    CB E.J. GAINES

    MISSOURI

    R4

    QB AARON MURRAY

    GEORGIA

    R4

    CB JAYLEN WATKINS

    FLORIDA

    R5

    RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS

    OREGON

    R6

    RB SILAS REDD

    USC

    R7

    TE COLT LYERLA

    OREGON

    I wish took Hyde or Wilder Jr. earlier instead of CB Gaines or Watkins

    You're an idiot. Thats the worse draft for this team Ive seen yet.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #40

    lol.

  • @mld-woody said:

    44416420.jpg

    you are 13 aren't you?

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @miktoxic said:

    you are 13 aren't you?

    woody's here to preach his pro-gay agenda and anti religious veiws.
  • @miktoxic said:

    you are 13 aren't you?

    woody's here to preach his pro-gay agenda and anti religious veiws.
    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @erie-dawg said:

    woody's here to preach his pro-gay agenda and anti religious veiws.

    That must offend you as a closet homosexual. You bring up "gay" completely unprovoked more than anyone else on here. I can only assume you like dudes.

    As for the religion thing, yeah, I'm not a big fan. I think we would be better off without it