Ward and Mack
-
I definetly will not understand if they let Ward walk. Who in the hell are you going to get to replace him? Byrd? Not a chance. As you said, it should be top priority to sign both. If it's one or the other, I see us losing Mack. Just hope it's not both
-
The reason they could let Ward walk is because of his coverage abilities and it wont be hard to find someone better at that aspect of the position. Hes like another LB in the secondary, if our front seven are where we need em to be then we don't need a LB at safety.
-
Mack would cost too much, I'd be fine with letting him walk. He can be replaced with a more affordable FA or draft that is just as good.
Ward I'd prefer over.
Keeping both would be nice but I think we would only be able to keep 1.
Joe Haden and Ward are great friends. Heard an interview Haden say he is talking to TJ to try to get him to stay.
-
If I had to choose only 1 of them, I would keep Mack. He's a Pro-Bowl center, but the cost is going to be a lot.
Ward is not good at covering ANYBODY. He never wraps up on tackles, He always goes for the big hit and he misses too many times. This was his best year, which isn't saying much, and of course it was his contract year.
-
If I had to choose only 1 of them, I would keep Mack. He's a Pro-Bowl center, but the cost is going to be a lot.
Ward is not good at covering ANYBODY. He never wraps up on tackles, He always goes for the big hit and he misses too many times. This was his best year, which isn't saying much, and of course it was his contract year.
maybe a lot comparatively speaking but I think we can get it done for 5-6 mill a year.If I had to choose only 1 of them, I would keep Mack. He's a Pro-Bowl center, but the cost is going to be a lot.
Ward is not good at covering ANYBODY. He never wraps up on tackles, He always goes for the big hit and he misses too many times. This was his best year, which isn't saying much, and of course it was his contract year.
-
Ward is going to demand big money, probably top dollar for his position.. knowing what we know about Banner I just don't see him paying it.
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
maybe a lot comparatively speaking but I think we can get it done for 5-6 mill a year.
I think it will be more like 7 million
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
maybe a lot comparatively speaking but I think we can get it done for 5-6 mill a year.
I think it will be more like 7 million
I believe that's what the highest paid center makes (Mangold)I think it will be more like 7 million
-
We aren't paying anybody and we have some of the most money available to spend. There should be NO problem in signing every major contributor the Browns have had the past 10 years and still be way under the salary cap. There is NO excuse not to bring back the little talent that we do have. It's really up to the FO, do they think that they will continue to fill the stadium trotting out these fucking backups year after year? If that's the case I won't be going anymore. Browns need to quit being cheap and keep our guys. You build from the draft but you aint building shit if you let the talent walk after their rookie contract. Especially players like Mack and Ward...
-
Don't forget that we can franchise one. I think we keep Ward but let Mack go. He seems to be full of himself and to be honest, is overrated. He can't run block to Save his life and is an ok pass blocker.
-
We aren't paying anybody and we have some of the most money available to spend. There should be NO problem in signing every major contributor the Browns have had the past 10 years and still be way under the salary cap. There is NO excuse not to bring back the little talent that we do have. It's really up to the FO, do they think that they will continue to fill the stadium trotting out these fucking backups year after year? If that's the case I won't be going anymore. Browns need to quit being cheap and keep our guys. You build from the draft but you aint building shit if you let the talent walk after their rookie contract. Especially players like Mack and Ward...
We aren't paying anybody and we have some of the most money available to spend. There should be NO problem in signing every major contributor the Browns have had the past 10 years and still be way under the salary cap. There is NO excuse not to bring back the little talent that we do have. It's really up to the FO, do they think that they will continue to fill the stadium trotting out these fucking backups year after year? If that's the case I won't be going anymore. Browns need to quit being cheap and keep our guys. You build from the draft but you aint building shit if you let the talent walk after their rookie contract. Especially players like Mack and Ward...
Hey, we agree.
The Browns are way under the cap- we only have 5 guys making big money- Thomas, Haden, Jackson, Kruger, and Bryant. They can afford both easily, we don't have a Peyton Manning qb salary to worry about- yet. -
We aren't paying anybody and we have some of the most money available to spend. There should be NO problem in signing every major contributor the Browns have had the past 10 years and still be way under the salary cap. There is NO excuse not to bring back the little talent that we do have. It's really up to the FO, do they think that they will continue to fill the stadium trotting out these fucking backups year after year? If that's the case I won't be going anymore. Browns need to quit being cheap and keep our guys. You build from the draft but you aint building shit if you let the talent walk after their rookie contract. Especially players like Mack and Ward...
Hey, we agree.
The Browns are way under the cap- we only have 5 guys making big money- Thomas, Haden, Jackson, Kruger, and Bryant. They can afford both easily, we don't have a Peyton Manning qb salary to worry about- yet.Hey, we agree.
The Browns are way under the cap- we only have 5 guys making big money- Thomas, Haden, Jackson, Kruger, and Bryant. They can afford both easily, we don't have a Peyton Manning qb salary to worry about- yet.I read an article by Grossi that he sounds pretty certain Banner won't bring DQ back, I will give it its own thread.
Zombo
-
Hey, we agree.
The Browns are way under the cap- we only have 5 guys making big money- Thomas, Haden, Jackson, Kruger, and Bryant. They can afford both easily, we don't have a Peyton Manning qb salary to worry about- yet.I read an article by Grossi that he sounds pretty certain Banner won't bring DQ back, I will give it its own thread.
Zombo
-
Zombo said:
I read an article by Grossi that he sounds pretty certain Banner won't bring DQ back, I will give it its own thread.
Zombo
That wouldn't upset a lot of people. DQ makes a lot of tackles, but he's hardly an elite LB.
-
Who does DQ have on both sides for support? Mingo, Groves (hurt), Freddy (overated) Kruger? He might have better run stoppage if the other guys don't get. Wasn't he good at the run stop a few years ago? Granted he is what 31 now, we need a couple of solid guys at the LB positions and a better game scheme. I still think DQ is good and worth a re-done contract.
-
I like DQ for his leadership and he is pretty good. More importantly if we draft an MLB to replace Robertson DQ is exactly the kind of guy I want taking the new guy under his wing.
-
I believe we'd be best off returning both players. Mack is going to want a contract similar to Eric Wood's, whereas Ward's contract should be more team-friendly.
On Mack-
http://factoryofsadness.sportsblog.com/post/238554/the_secret_world_of_alex.html
On Ward-
-
fuck mack, keep ward no matter what.
and as far as DQ is concerned, whoever brings up the fact of continuity within a franchise should look at him as our only true veteran captain on defense. sometimes that's worth keeping around.
dickheads.
clappy new year!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login