Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Curry Interview

Curry Interview

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
4 Posts 4 Posters 671 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • D'Qwimbley D
    • 180 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    D D'Qwimbley wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I'm sure Alo has already posted this somewhere, but I didnt see it and thought it deserved its own thread.

    Aaron Curry Interview

    January 30, 2009

    Most casual football fans still don't realize just how good of a player and pro prospect Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry is but that will all change in the coming months. Not only is Curry widely regarded to be the top senior prospect available for the 2009 NFL Draft but most view him as a legitimate Top 5 overall pick. It's not an exaggeration to say that Curry is as good of a linebacker prospect as we've seen in recent years, which is pretty impressive because that puts him in the same company with guys like Patrick Willis and DeMarcus Ware. A versatile 'backer who is capable of playing outside or inside in either a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme, Curry is going to be one of the most coveted players in this entire draft on April 25th. Aaron recently took some time out of his busy pre-draft training schedule to answer some questions in this interview with Draft Countdown's Scott Wright.

    Scott Wright: What is your accurate height, weight and forty time?

    Aaron Curry: 6'3 | 250 lbs. | 4.5

    Scott Wright: How seriously did you consider going pro after your junior season? What kind of feedback did you get from the NFL’s Underclassmen Advisory Panel last year?

    Aaron Curry: I was very close to entering the NFL draft as a junior, but due to the bonds I built with my teammates and coaches I decided to stay. I received a 3rd round grade but I wanted to max out my college campaign and get better. I did not receive any specific feedback, just a third round grade.

    Scott Wright: Most scouts feel you are capable of playing inside or outside in either a 4-3 or 3-4 defensive scheme. What are your thoughts on that and where do you think you’d be most comfortable?

    Aaron Curry: No matter where I am placed in a system I will maximize my potential and continue to make big plays. My college coach Brad Lambert did a very good job of structuring me into an overall linebacker. Coach Lambert made sure I was able to take on and shed blocks like an inside 3-4 linebacker and also taught me to be very strong at the point of attack as a Sam in the 4-3. Coach Lambert also made sure I was able to make big plays in the pass game also. He really made me a student of the game.

    Scott Wright: What would you say is your greatest strength as a football player and what area do you need to work on?

    Aaron Curry: My greatest strength is my ability to take on and shed blocks to remain free in traffic. I believe I need to work on my level of aggression.

    I sometimes play too aggressive.

    Scott Wright: What current NFL linebacker do you most admire and who do you think you compare favorably to?

    Aaron Curry: The NFL is equipped with a lot of great linebackers. I've always seen myself as a mixture of Ray Lewis and Derrick Brooks.

    Scott Wright: What is your greatest football moment to date?

    Aaron Curry: My greatest football moment to date would be the Clemson game from this season. That was a big game with a national spotlight and I feel like I really separated myself from the rest of the talent on the field with my big hits in the open field.

    Scott Wright: Who is the best opposing player you faced during your college career?

    Aaron Curry: Matt Ryan was the best player I have ever faced. I felt like he was in a league of his own. It was like playing against an NFL quarterback.

    Scott Wright: When did you realize that you had a future in football beyond college?

    Aaron Curry: I did not realize until Coach Lambert pulled me in his office one day and we had a heart to heart. He assured me that as long as I continued to show up and work every day like I do then my dream to play in the NFL would soon come true.

    Scott Wright: Is there one younger player at Wake Forest that you see developing into a star, either at the college or pro level?

    Aaron Curry: I really think that Brandon Ghee will be one of the premier players in the 2010 NFL Draft. Brandon has an elite blend of size and speed and is also very coachable.

    Scott Wright: Who was your favorite college or pro team growing up?

    Aaron Curry: The UNC Tar Heels were my favorite team growing up in college and I have been a Carolina Panthers fan ever since the franchise was established.

    Scott Wright: Did you have a favorite player?

    Aaron Curry: My favorite players are Willie Parker, Julius Peppers, and Anquan Boldin.

    Scott Wright: What current pro are you looking forward to going up against in the NFL?

    Aaron Curry: I can't wait for my opportunity to go against Willie Parker & Anquan Boldin.

    Scott Wright: When you get your first NFL paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?

    Aaron Curry: The first thing I will purchase is a brand new house and car for my mom.

    Scott Wright: What do you plan to do once your playing career is over?

    Aaron Curry: Coach Lambert has always told me that I would be more than welcome to come coach with him. So once my professional football career is over I am going to jump right into coaching college football.

    Scott Wright: What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod?

    Aaron Curry: A lot of people look at me crazy when they hear that I am listening to the soundtrack from my favorite movie "300".

    Scott Wright: Do you have any goals in mind when it comes to the NFL Draft?

    Aaron Curry: My goal is to be selected in the Top 5.

    Scott Wright: Thanks for the time, I really appreciate it!

    http://www.draftcountdown.com/interviews/A...Aaron-Curry.php

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Aloysius ?
      • Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
      #2
      Scott Wright: What would you say is your greatest strength as a football player and what area do you need to work on?

      Aaron Curry: My greatest strength is my ability to take on and shed blocks to remain free in traffic.

      This is part of what makes him a great 3-4 ILB prospect.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Gips GipsG
        • 3k Posts
        • 34 Reputation
        GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
        #3

        You really cant help but to like that kid...he is loaded with potential.

        We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • NewEraDawg NewEraDawgN
          • 645 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I hope he gets the opportunity to tackle Willie Parker a whole lot . Sounds like a great kid .

          NewEraDawg
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          Theme
          • System
          • Light
          • Dark
          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Forums
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Donate