Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. The Value of this Board & the People Behind It....

The Value of this Board & the People Behind It....

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
38 Posts 33 Posters 3.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 11k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I just wanted to thank Atenears for doing what he's done over the years to have this kind of setup for us. There is NO other board that parallels what this message board has evolved into. There's a FREAKIN Tavern, there's a FREAKIN fantasy football league or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5, there's a Tailgate forum, there's a College Football Pick em, a Pro Pickem, Political Moshpit, Cavs Board, Tribe Board, Fantasy Baseball and even Fantasy Basketball, you name it - Skippy's got it covered. There's even an adorable WOOF WOOF Fantasy Football writeup weekly by the masterful artist we call Kathy. If you like stylin - you can choose from the yellow faces smilin. If you want an avatar that expresses who you are - someone like Zombo can slap up a Monopoly Get out of Jail Free card below his screen name to remind us what a Roadtrip weekend can turn into when it's punctuated at the Sunday Tailgate.

    Years ago, we started on the AOL Board (CBSSportsline.whatever). It had all these limp wristed rules and some girl with an AOL badge that went Barney Fyfe on steroids with it. I've never seen so many adults getting timeouts in all my life. We had ALOT of really fun characters on there that were absolutely hilarious and even better - they knew their stuff about football and the Browns so we had many good threads to feast on. Many are STILL here today blending with alot of awesome newcomers. I feel like I've known Riff forever - dude is hilarious. I got 7 minute abs laughing hysterically when he busted and Air Supplied Loverboy for fantasizing about DA. It was like a flashback to Atenears finding out Topjock was a Male Cheerleader for Kentucky back in the day.

    As you can imagine the AOL thing sunk and it eventually led to Atenears starting this board up. I've always felt the REASON his board beats all others is he NEVER has had to be Barney Fyfe on steroids in Cyberspace. If we get a deutsch bag that just wants to be a nightmare for everyone - I've seen Atenears go Roadhouse Bouncer. In fact, when he hated Tim Couch - he was checking IDs for University of Kentucky or born and raised in Kentucky and if you had either - you got tossed like a salad. To this day, I don't know HOW Bermeck made it through but I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm GLAD he did. I think our volunteer MODERATORS do a very good job of making this place fun and all I can really say to that is thank you for doing what seems like a thankless job. Just like referees and umpires though, when you DON'T notice them going overboard on intervention - they're kicking tail for we the fans.

    This board has ALWAYS been a saving grace for me. When we lose or we underachieve - it's a WONDERFUL place to vent. That said, I'd gladly welcome a season of high 5s for a refreshing change (last year had it's moments during 10-6). When it's offseason and time to upgrade the team - it's a wonderful place to dream and brainstorm with everyone wishing the same thing. When I want to PRETEND I know what the Hell I'm talking about OR I want to ruffle an entertaining character's feathers - I enjoy what I see. I'm one that ALWAYS overappreciates wins and/or OVERBELLYACHES when we lose. I ALMOST thought Dumb Ass turned the corner but my alarm clock woke me up 6 days later. The solution? Winning cures EVERYTHING even the next work week. I still can't get the FUN of the 80s out of my head but DADBLASTIT - that's a lifetime ago so I'm getting Impatient. So where else can I go to vent and get better feedback than I do here? There isn't another board that can compete with the quality Atenears has setup for us behind the scenes. Best of all, I enjoy the quality of fan we have here whether we're debating, bellyaching, offseason dreaming or high 5ing.

    When you really think about it - the message board was instrumental in bringing so many fans from this board together to meet up at Tailgates and/or Roadtrips. Roach and his cooking counterpart (If this is wrong please correct me Don or Sperk) are largely responsible for the Tailgate success on Sundays.

    In conclusion, when you come to this message board just be yourself. If you have a take - RUN IT! Don't worry about popular opinion - if you want that there's a million other boards that only want politically correct, plastic smiles and public nice-nice. icon_twisted.gif

    - Tom F.

    I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
    1 Reply Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • DTBH DTBHD
      • 657 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I'll tell you this. My dedication to the Browns has gotten stronger since I signed up in the first month of the 2006 season. I used to think I was a diehard fan, and I was, but not the way I am now. To follow the Browns literally every day right down to the inner workings of the front office is not something an average fan does. Going to training camp multiple times. Following them EVERY DAY in freaking May and June. This board has turned me into a Browns fan monster, and we're ALL like that. No one lives or dies their team like we all do.

      Plus, this place is a one-stop shop for all important news regarding the Browns and the entire NFL. If only we could get Aloysius, WPBDawgfan and Heck to post more often. Those guys know a shitload.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • samoth S
        • 592 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        S samoth wrote on last edited by
        #3

        agreed, love the new layout.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 9k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I agree....I am glad I stumbled in to this place.

          I like the board...may take a few days to get to know all the do-dads, but that isn't any problem.

          Thanks

          If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • acidhead acidheadA
            • 53 Posts
            • 3 Reputation
            acidheadA acidhead wrote on last edited by
            #5

            me likey

            Get these squirrels off of me
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • listercat listercatL
              • 588 Posts
              • 6 Reputation
              listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I concur; this board is special place without question

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • roach R One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 1k Posts
                • 80 Reputation
                R roach wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Tom, you had me at "I just want to thank Atenears"

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • BrownsFan17 BrownsFan17B
                  • 242 Posts
                  • 1 Reputation
                  BrownsFan17B BrownsFan17 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I tried many other Browns sites before this one. It is definitely the best and it's because of everyone here.

                  <!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->I can't help but think that we are destined to go to the playoffs this year!!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Furnier FurnierF
                    • 544 Posts
                    • 33 Reputation
                    FurnierF Furnier wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Well said Tom. This is the best Browns Board on the net. It has that "smokey tavern" feel to it that no other Browns board has ever had.

                    The group here is the best there is.

                    One problem though. It smells like new carpet in here. Somebody hurry up and spill a beer.

                    Doug

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • listercat listercatL
                      • 588 Posts
                      • 6 Reputation
                      listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Somebody hurry up and spill a beer

                      Done and done

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 6k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        \ said:

                        Somebody hurry up and spill a beer

                        Done and done

                        I'm sure there will be plenty of spilled beer during the game. And quite possibly a thrown beer when "bad DA" shows up again today.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • listercat listercatL
                          • 588 Posts
                          • 6 Reputation
                          listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Without question man; I am certain bad DA will maintain his stellar QB rating

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Gips GipsG
                            • 3k Posts
                            • 34 Reputation
                            GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            This is the best board around imho its the folks that run this service for us as well as the folks that visit on this board a great beyond diehard browns site! icon_e_smile.gif

                            We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • HowieDawg HowieDawgH
                              • 664 Posts
                              • 59 Reputation
                              HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              This board keeps me so informed over here across the pond where I have no access to mainstream information, I thank you all genuinely for this. The fact that you welcome out of towners (and country-ers) to tailgates and all is amazing, thank you.

                              Howie.

                              Tailgate loving, Steelers hating, Trans-Atlantic Browns fan. Annually disappointed since '88. Annually optimistic since '88. GO BROWNS!
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • DestinFunk DestinFunkD
                                • 291 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                DestinFunkD DestinFunk wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                As a former AOler who followed the crew here when Stan popped it up i can honestly say this is the place to get the info and friendship..hell even the cheesy trailerfilled pukesburgh fans come here because we are so bad azz....btw i have a new improved name i added the destin to my funk.

                                This board is like friggen cheers...come on everyone sing a long...

                                ...i wanna go where everbody knows your name.....

                                I have been drinking irish whicky all day...in florida...where the browns WON!...i passed on going to the game.

                                ~Silence is boring!
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • WVBrownsfan WVBrownsfanW
                                  • 219 Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  WVBrownsfanW WVBrownsfan wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  \ said:

                                  One problem though. It smells like new carpet in here. Somebody hurry up and spill a beer.

                                  Doug

                                  I already threw up and passed out in the bathroom. icon_redface.gif

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Anonymous ?
                                    • Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    ? Anonymous wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    I love this board, the people are great, well most of them anyways. icon_mrgreen.gif

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Orangenotbrown O
                                      • 60 Posts
                                      • 0 Reputation
                                      O Orangenotbrown wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Also:

                                      NEW BOARD= BROWNS WIN

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • TheBestPlayersPlay T
                                        • 131 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        T TheBestPlayersPlay wrote on last edited by
                                        #19
                                        icon_mrgreen.gif Hey all, I also wanted to give my thanks. I used to post in the "official" forums back in the day, and to from time to time still. However the moderators pissed me off one too many times and it was then, at the beginning of this season, that I found these forums. I never registered before now, because most of what I was thinking had already been posted, but I look forward to adding my 2 cents in the future. I am sure there are MANY out there in cyberland who never sign up but enjoy the football talk none the less. So THANKS! And GO BROWNS!
                                        "Authority is not the truth, truth is the authority." http://www.barkinghard.com/forums
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • buster busterB Reacting Well Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 154 Posts
                                          • 15 Reputation
                                          busterB buster wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          It takes ALOT of work and dedication to get a board up and running......and to become successful. I think Stan has achieved that! Great work and thank you!

                                          ______________________________ #1 Dad 30-40 Something chat- click here
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate