Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Candidates

Candidates

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
69 Posts 30 Posters 5.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
    • 57k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #1

    Here is a list of people I am hearing that may be candidates for the Browns HC job:

    Josh McDaniel current HC of the Pats/former HC of the Broncos

    Bill O'Brien current HC of Penn St./former OC of the Pats

    (the problem here is that these guys are Belichick tree guys with connections to Lombardi....but are not these potential Mangini/Romeo clones....i.e. bad HCs?)

    Ken Whisenhunt......a name I am intrigued with.

    Ray Horton.....in house pro forma interview only to comply with Rooney rule.

    Others that you have heard of?

    cdl15C 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The GipperT The Gipper

      Here is a list of people I am hearing that may be candidates for the Browns HC job:

      Josh McDaniel current HC of the Pats/former HC of the Broncos

      Bill O'Brien current HC of Penn St./former OC of the Pats

      (the problem here is that these guys are Belichick tree guys with connections to Lombardi....but are not these potential Mangini/Romeo clones....i.e. bad HCs?)

      Ken Whisenhunt......a name I am intrigued with.

      Ray Horton.....in house pro forma interview only to comply with Rooney rule.

      Others that you have heard of?

      cdl15 cdl15C Very Popular
      • 2k Posts
      • 112 Reputation
      cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @the-gipper said:

      Here is a list of people I am hearing that may be candidates for the Browns HC job:

      Josh McDaniel current HC of the Pats/former HC of the Broncos

      Bill O'Brien current HC of Penn St./former OC of the Pats

      (the problem here is that these guys are Belichick tree guys with connections to Lombardi....but are not these potential Mangini/Romeo clones....i.e. bad HCs?)

      Ken Whisenhunt......a name I am intrigued with.

      Ray Horton.....in house pro forma interview only to comply with Rooney rule.

      Others that you have heard of?

      This list sucks. Glad chud got ten million to get fired.

      Shanahan, lovie, and Horton should be list.

      "We are Americans. We don't quit doing something because it's wrong. We just keep doing the wrong thing till it turns out right." Browns maybe the most American Football team ever.
      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • CLEVELandMILIDH C
        • 2k Posts
        • 52 Reputation
        C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Gary Kubiak

        1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU 3rd Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State4th Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma5th Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State6th Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • cdl15C cdl15

          @the-gipper said:

          Here is a list of people I am hearing that may be candidates for the Browns HC job:

          Josh McDaniel current HC of the Pats/former HC of the Broncos

          Bill O'Brien current HC of Penn St./former OC of the Pats

          (the problem here is that these guys are Belichick tree guys with connections to Lombardi....but are not these potential Mangini/Romeo clones....i.e. bad HCs?)

          Ken Whisenhunt......a name I am intrigued with.

          Ray Horton.....in house pro forma interview only to comply with Rooney rule.

          Others that you have heard of?

          This list sucks. Glad chud got ten million to get fired.

          Shanahan, lovie, and Horton should be list.

          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @cdl15 said:

          This list sucks. Glad chud got ten million to get fired.

          Shanahan, lovie, and Horton should be list.

          I don't care much for your list either.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • gftChris gftChrisG
            • 13k Posts
            • 428 Reputation
            gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I just don't get how Horton can be on that list. He didn't get the job last year, and he's in a much worse position this, coming of a worse season. If they didn't think he was good enough last year, what has he done this year to enhance his credentials? The only success I can think of is getting Skrine to stop giving away so many penalties - experience will do that for you - and converting Sheard to OLB. Basically everything else has been unacceptable.

            OsirisO The GipperT BrownB499B 3 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • gftChrisG gftChris

              I just don't get how Horton can be on that list. He didn't get the job last year, and he's in a much worse position this, coming of a worse season. If they didn't think he was good enough last year, what has he done this year to enhance his credentials? The only success I can think of is getting Skrine to stop giving away so many penalties - experience will do that for you - and converting Sheard to OLB. Basically everything else has been unacceptable.

              Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 2k Posts
              • 125 Reputation
              OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @gftchris said:

              I just don't get how Horton can be on that list. He didn't get the job last year, and he's in a much worse position this, coming of a worse season. If they didn't think he was good enough last year, what has he done this year to enhance his credentials? The only success I can think of is getting Skrine to stop giving away so many penalties - experience will do that for you - and converting Sheard to OLB. Basically everything else has been unacceptable.

              He is on the list only to satisfy the rules that a minority candidate be interviewed.

              "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • gftChrisG gftChris

                I just don't get how Horton can be on that list. He didn't get the job last year, and he's in a much worse position this, coming of a worse season. If they didn't think he was good enough last year, what has he done this year to enhance his credentials? The only success I can think of is getting Skrine to stop giving away so many penalties - experience will do that for you - and converting Sheard to OLB. Basically everything else has been unacceptable.

                The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                • 57k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @gftchris said:

                I just don't get how Horton can be on that list. He didn't get the job last year, and he's in a much worse position this, coming of a worse season. If they didn't think he was good enough last year, what has he done this year to enhance his credentials? The only success I can think of is getting Skrine to stop giving away so many penalties - experience will do that for you - and converting Sheard to OLB. Basically everything else has been unacceptable.

                I only put him on the list because of the Rooney Rule which requires that minorities be interviewed for HC jobs. Anyone that is interviewed is a candidate.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • gftChrisG gftChris

                  I just don't get how Horton can be on that list. He didn't get the job last year, and he's in a much worse position this, coming of a worse season. If they didn't think he was good enough last year, what has he done this year to enhance his credentials? The only success I can think of is getting Skrine to stop giving away so many penalties - experience will do that for you - and converting Sheard to OLB. Basically everything else has been unacceptable.

                  BrownB499 BrownB499B
                  • 571 Posts
                  • 32 Reputation
                  BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @gftchris said:

                  I just don't get how Horton can be on that list. He didn't get the job last year, and he's in a much worse position this, coming of a worse season. If they didn't think he was good enough last year, what has he done this year to enhance his credentials? The only success I can think of is getting Skrine to stop giving away so many penalties - experience will do that for you - and converting Sheard to OLB. Basically everything else has been unacceptable.

                  Not a fan of Hortons but I think in the end it's an easy spin by the FO

                  First of all Horton interviewed very well last year..It was Chuds persistence that he was the right guy that swayed Has/Ban

                  Locally we saw a lot of interviews by Horton during the course of the season..I found that odd that the DC would see as much

                  press as your HC

                  I can see this dysfunctional FO turn to Horton after getting turned down by any credible candidates

                  Blah,blah,blah Ray was the one constant during the course of the season...blah blah,blah Ray related well to the players...

                  blah,blah,blah decisions were made above Ray that caused the melt downs late in games( aka let's blame Chud for everything that went wrong this season!!!)

                  nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                    • 57k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Shanahan and Frazier shitcanned. But those are not names I care for.

                    How about these names:

                    Jack Del Rio

                    Lovie Smith

                    Raheem Morris

                    Jimbo Elliot?

                    Gary Pinkel?

                    Jim Tressel?

                    Tony Dungy

                    Bill Cowher

                    John Gruden

                    Brian Billick

                    Herm Edwards

                    Steve Mariucci

                    Mike Sherman

                    Rob Ryan

                    Jim Caldwell

                    Garry Kubiak

                    Todd Haley

                    Sparano

                    Marty Morningwheg

                    Mike Nolan

                    Mike Singletary.

                    Yea, some retreads.....but retreads have had some success at a second gig: Belichick, Pete Carroll, John Fox, Jeff Fisher, Andy Reid, Shanahan, Coughlin, etc.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • BrownB499B BrownB499

                      @gftchris said:

                      I just don't get how Horton can be on that list. He didn't get the job last year, and he's in a much worse position this, coming of a worse season. If they didn't think he was good enough last year, what has he done this year to enhance his credentials? The only success I can think of is getting Skrine to stop giving away so many penalties - experience will do that for you - and converting Sheard to OLB. Basically everything else has been unacceptable.

                      Not a fan of Hortons but I think in the end it's an easy spin by the FO

                      First of all Horton interviewed very well last year..It was Chuds persistence that he was the right guy that swayed Has/Ban

                      Locally we saw a lot of interviews by Horton during the course of the season..I found that odd that the DC would see as much

                      press as your HC

                      I can see this dysfunctional FO turn to Horton after getting turned down by any credible candidates

                      Blah,blah,blah Ray was the one constant during the course of the season...blah blah,blah Ray related well to the players...

                      blah,blah,blah decisions were made above Ray that caused the melt downs late in games( aka let's blame Chud for everything that went wrong this season!!!)

                      nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                      • 14k Posts
                      • 5k Reputation
                      nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @brownb499 said:

                      Not a fan of Hortons but I think in the end it's an easy spin by the FO

                      First of all Horton interviewed very well last year..It was Chuds persistence that he was the right guy that swayed Has/Ban

                      Locally we saw a lot of interviews by Horton during the course of the season..I found that odd that the DC would see as much

                      press as your HC

                      I can see this dysfunctional FO turn to Horton after getting turned down by any credible candidates

                      Blah,blah,blah Ray was the one constant during the course of the season...blah blah,blah Ray related well to the players...

                      blah,blah,blah decisions were made above Ray that caused the melt downs late in games( aka let's blame Chud for everything that went wrong this season!!!)

                      great we can have Marvin Lewis , Pt Deaux!

                      Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Erie Dawg Erie DawgE
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 74 Reputation
                        Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Its being reported the browns are in love with the bronco's OC Adam Gase.

                        BrownB499B C Town's SoldierC 2 Replies Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • gftChris gftChrisG
                          • 13k Posts
                          • 428 Reputation
                          gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          OK, as long as he's only there for the rooney rule. I thought this was a genuine list of who we might want as the new HC.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • cuwoohio C One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 528 Posts
                            • 24 Reputation
                            C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            No hot college candidates this year?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Zombo Z
                              • 8k Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I have a Real Estate connection in Cleveland that told me that Bill Cowher just bought a house in Strongsville.

                              Zombo

                              bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Z Zombo

                                I have a Real Estate connection in Cleveland that told me that Bill Cowher just bought a house in Strongsville.

                                Zombo

                                bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 9k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Zombo said:

                                I have a Real Estate connection in Cleveland that told me that Bill Cowher just bought a house in Strongsville.

                                Zombo

                                How many does he own there now?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • ReginaBrownsFan R
                                  • 122 Posts
                                  • 1 Reputation
                                  R ReginaBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Great more ex Patriot coordinators. Excuse me for not being enthused about that given our history with Patriot coordinators. I just don't want another head coaching search where we hire a Pat Shurmur without even talking to a Jim Harbaugh.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                    • 30k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Agree on ex-Pat Coord's... long string of busts there. There must be an obscure Beli-Brown Assistant that is still not a raging success.

                                    Why do I have a feeling that our FO is going to end up being accused of tampering???

                                    O'Brian is all but certainly the new Texans Coach.

                                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • tampadawgs tampadawgsT
                                      • 891 Posts
                                      • 80 Reputation
                                      tampadawgsT tampadawgs wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Ken Whisenhunt.....

                                      Should be our coach, Last yr this is the guy I wanted the Browns to get!!!! I will be the first to say I was not a fan of Chud at all when he was hired. I could care less he got fired

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • cdl15 cdl15C Very Popular
                                        • 2k Posts
                                        • 112 Reputation
                                        cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Thank God!!! Haslem says noone on last year's canadite list will be brought in.

                                        "We are Americans. We don't quit doing something because it's wrong. We just keep doing the wrong thing till it turns out right." Browns maybe the most American Football team ever.
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 6k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          How about David Shaw from Stanford?

                                          Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate