Skip to content

Candidates

The Browns Board
69 30 5.1k
  • @erie-dawg said:

    Its being reported the browns are in love with the bronco's OC Adam Gase.

    So Banner doesn't even interview McCoy who revamped the Broncos offense from Orton to Tebow...mid season

    Then revamped from Tebow to Manning...But they like the guy whose only claim to fame is he stayed out of Peyton Mannings way?

    @brownb499 said:

    So Banner doesn't even interview McCoy who revamped the Broncos offense from Orton to Tebow...mid season

    Then revamped from Tebow to Manning...But they like the guy whose only claim to fame is he stayed out of Peyton Mannings way?

    Sounds more like "let's get the coach whose offense leads every statistical category"

    The only problem with that is it should read "Peyton Manning's offense leads every statistical category."

    I'd be seriously flabbergasted if we get the McD or Gase.

  • @erie-dawg said:

    Its being reported the browns are in love with the bronco's OC Adam Gase.

    So Banner doesn't even interview McCoy who revamped the Broncos offense from Orton to Tebow...mid season

    Then revamped from Tebow to Manning...But they like the guy whose only claim to fame is he stayed out of Peyton Mannings way?

    @brownb499 said:

    So Banner doesn't even interview McCoy who revamped the Broncos offense from Orton to Tebow...mid season

    Then revamped from Tebow to Manning...But they like the guy whose only claim to fame is he stayed out of Peyton Mannings way?

    Actually he was hand picked by manning to be the OC. I am intrigued by the latest rumor of Dan Quinn the DC of the seahawks.
  • until they get a good QB, this is what your seasons are going to look like. Look at how well you guys played with a half way decent QB in Hoyer. I know you guys are great fans and deserve better but you can bring back fucking Paul Brown and he couldn't win with those garbage QB's. You can't keep firing coaches like this and expect to ever start winning.

    How many games do you think Cleveland wins with Ben at QB this year. I know one thing, Chud would be possibly up for C.O.Y and you guys would be talking about beating CIN this weekend rather than talking about Josh fucking Mcdaniels or the draft. I honestly think Cleveland has a better team than Pittsburgh other than the QB position and maybe running back.

    Hopefully Cleveland gets a franchise QB and starts to play like you guys deserve to see football be played. I hate the Browns as much as you guys hate the Steelers. I never break balls because I grew up in Youngstown liking Pittsburgh when they sucked and got teased by the Browns faithful a lot and know how it feels. Hope for that franchise Qb and everything will change.

  • Yup, Hoyer gave this team two free victories. That's what happens when you actually have a competent QB starting for you. Weeden and Campbell shouldn't even have been on the team. These poor coaches never stood a chance

  • Yup, Hoyer gave this team two free victories. That's what happens when you actually have a competent QB starting for you. Weeden and Campbell shouldn't even have been on the team. These poor coaches never stood a chance

    @rooster-dick said:

    Yup, Hoyer gave this team two free victories. That's what happens when you actually have a competent QB starting for you. Weeden and Campbell shouldn't even have been on the team. These poor coaches never stood a chance

    Ohh boo whoooo. Hoyer is 2 or 3 bad starts from getting thrown to the curb also.I put about as much faith on hoyer as I did DA or Colt. Seriously another hometown homer. So sick of he's the "hometown boy". We are 0 for 10 with the hometown boy shit

  • until they get a good QB, this is what your seasons are going to look like. Look at how well you guys played with a half way decent QB in Hoyer. I know you guys are great fans and deserve better but you can bring back fucking Paul Brown and he couldn't win with those garbage QB's. You can't keep firing coaches like this and expect to ever start winning.

    How many games do you think Cleveland wins with Ben at QB this year. I know one thing, Chud would be possibly up for C.O.Y and you guys would be talking about beating CIN this weekend rather than talking about Josh fucking Mcdaniels or the draft. I honestly think Cleveland has a better team than Pittsburgh other than the QB position and maybe running back.

    Hopefully Cleveland gets a franchise QB and starts to play like you guys deserve to see football be played. I hate the Browns as much as you guys hate the Steelers. I never break balls because I grew up in Youngstown liking Pittsburgh when they sucked and got teased by the Browns faithful a lot and know how it feels. Hope for that franchise Qb and everything will change.

    @stlcrtn01 said:

    How many games do you think Cleveland wins with Ben at QB this year.

    More then eight. What a fucking embarrassment you guys are.

    Franchise QB and you just shit out 8-8 seasons.

    Zombo

  • A huge embarrassment Z. That is my point, as I said earlier I think Cleveland is better than Pittsburgh except for QB and RB. Cleveland with Ben wins 9-11 games this year easily. But changing coaches like this is more of an embarrassment.

    The Browns are now the old Steelers of the 1930's -60's. Imagine if Noll was fired after 1969. Not saying Chud will be the next Noll but who the fuck knows. I was embarrassed this year and last by the Steelers play but I never stopped watching or wearing my Steelers shirts even when you guys were 3-2 and Pit was 0-4. The begining of this year reminded me of the late 80's with the shit talking starting early and often but I just smiled and said how can I complain.

    I thought maybe Haslam might have learned something with his time with the Steelers but obviously he didn't. As a Steelers fan I applaud the stupid move by your owner to fire a guy who was really going to give it everything he had to turn his hometown team around. Sunday before the game I was listening to the Steelers pre-game show. Tunch ILkin was talking about how he was very impressed with Chud and thought he was going to turn the Browns franchise around and that he only needed to be given some time. I did not know at the time what he was talking about but later on figured it out when he got fired.

  • This coaching change looks much worse from the outside than it does from inside. I wish I would have said it out loud, but I was not impressed when we hired Chud but I fell for the "hometown boy" approach and chose to back him up. Really, he was a terrible coach and we can do better. This was not a "knee-jerk," "same 'ol Browns" kind of move... it was the right decision... It was clear he was outcoached in almost every game...

  • Bowles and McDaniels and others lining up to interview. So much for nobody wanting the job!

    C'mon. 6 Pro Bowlers if you include Ward, ten draft picks including two first rounders, and more cap space than anybody else? Somebody's gonna look like a genius Coach of the Year in 2014. Just watch.

    Get the quarterback and the rest is just piling on.

  • I hope you are right Shep. I just hope we won't be disappointed next fall

  • Lets get a QB & a RB that we can put some mileage on !

  • If Cleveland drafts a RB before the 4th round, I'm going to throw a screaming fit. Not because they couldn't use one....

  • What about all the talk of getting TATE in FA?

  • if we pick up tate and stick with baker and lewis i would be okay with not getting a running back in the draft. MJD is gonna test FA this year.

  • I'm in for that. I like Tate. I think that the Texas O-line contributed a lot to his success, and he's probably not going to look as good again as he has in the past, but I'd be happy if the Browns picked him up.

    MJDs injury stuff is such a headache that I'm not even sure he's worth it. Maybe he is, but... ugh. Seems like more than the Browns should want to deal with.

  • WTF ?

    CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports that the Cleveland Browns are very interested in interviewing Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and Vanderbilt coach James Franklin for their head coaching vacancy, according to league sources, and are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as defensive coordinator.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24394382/nfl-coaching-rumor-roundup-lovie-smith-to-interview-with-lions

    Has anyone else heard anything about this?

    I haven't even heard anything about Horton leaving yet, and here it says we're hiring a new DC and don't even had a HC yet - not to mention they said the HC would choose his own staff.

  • I like Schwartz as a DC, but hiring an assistant before a HC would be the typical browns.

    I think Gus malzahn is a long shot, but of the names he's my favorite despite no NFL experience.

  • I like Schwartz as a DC, but hiring an assistant before a HC would be the typical browns.

    I think Gus malzahn is a long shot, but of the names he's my favorite despite no NFL experience.

    @bbedward said:

    I like Schwartz as a DC, but hiring an assistant before a HC would be the typical browns.

    I think Gus malzahn is a long shot, but of the names he's my favorite despite no NFL experience.

    Yep me too. He is an offensive genius AND has experience turning around losing teams. I say tell him he can write his oen check, make him highest paid coach Haslam has the money to do it.

  • Browns are in seattle today doing an interview with their coordinator per la confora tweeter.

  • Dan Quinn