Candidates
-
This coaching change looks much worse from the outside than it does from inside. I wish I would have said it out loud, but I was not impressed when we hired Chud but I fell for the "hometown boy" approach and chose to back him up. Really, he was a terrible coach and we can do better. This was not a "knee-jerk," "same 'ol Browns" kind of move... it was the right decision... It was clear he was outcoached in almost every game...
-
Bowles and McDaniels and others lining up to interview. So much for nobody wanting the job!
C'mon. 6 Pro Bowlers if you include Ward, ten draft picks including two first rounders, and more cap space than anybody else? Somebody's gonna look like a genius Coach of the Year in 2014. Just watch.
Get the quarterback and the rest is just piling on.
-
I hope you are right Shep. I just hope we won't be disappointed next fall
-
If Cleveland drafts a RB before the 4th round, I'm going to throw a screaming fit. Not because they couldn't use one....
-
What about all the talk of getting TATE in FA?
-
if we pick up tate and stick with baker and lewis i would be okay with not getting a running back in the draft. MJD is gonna test FA this year.
-
I'm in for that. I like Tate. I think that the Texas O-line contributed a lot to his success, and he's probably not going to look as good again as he has in the past, but I'd be happy if the Browns picked him up.
MJDs injury stuff is such a headache that I'm not even sure he's worth it. Maybe he is, but... ugh. Seems like more than the Browns should want to deal with.
-
WTF ?
CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports that the Cleveland Browns are very interested in interviewing Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and Vanderbilt coach James Franklin for their head coaching vacancy, according to league sources, and are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as defensive coordinator.
Has anyone else heard anything about this?
I haven't even heard anything about Horton leaving yet, and here it says we're hiring a new DC and don't even had a HC yet - not to mention they said the HC would choose his own staff.
-
I like Schwartz as a DC, but hiring an assistant before a HC would be the typical browns.
I think Gus malzahn is a long shot, but of the names he's my favorite despite no NFL experience.
-
I like Schwartz as a DC, but hiring an assistant before a HC would be the typical browns.
I think Gus malzahn is a long shot, but of the names he's my favorite despite no NFL experience.
I like Schwartz as a DC, but hiring an assistant before a HC would be the typical browns.
I think Gus malzahn is a long shot, but of the names he's my favorite despite no NFL experience.
Yep me too. He is an offensive genius AND has experience turning around losing teams. I say tell him he can write his oen check, make him highest paid coach Haslam has the money to do it.
-
Browns are in seattle today doing an interview with their coordinator per la confora tweeter.
-
Dan Quinn
-
The Cleveland Browns are reportedly looking at Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn or Vanderbilt’s James Franklin to replace Rob Chudzinski, who was fired earlier this week after the team finished 4-12.
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported Tuesday that the Browns are “very interested” in naming one of them to lead the team next season.
Cleveland is also expected to make former Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz, who was fired this week after a 7-9 record this season, the team’s defensive coordinator for 2014. The Browns’ current defensive coordinator, Ray Horton, has been given permission by the team to explore other options.
Schwartz, Malzahn, Franklin and Josh McDaniels — the Patriots offensive coordinator and another candidate to replace Chudzinski – are all represented by agent Jimmy Sexton, who has strong ties to the Browns organization.
Cleveland has interviews scheduled with several candidates for the head coaching vacancy but are doing “arduous legwork on Malzahn and Franklin,” according to La Canfora, and are “very intrigued by them,” with some sources saying that Malzahn is the the most likely to land the job in Cleveland.
-
Let's get a couch that will stick more than 3 fucking years. don't care if they end up sucking. Just three fucking years. at least give us that.
-
So does mean that Norv is staying?
-
Let's get a couch that will stick more than 3 fucking years. don't care if they end up sucking. Just three fucking years. at least give us that.
-
LOL.
-
Schwartz, Malzahn, Franklin and Josh McDaniels — the Patriots offensive coordinator and another candidate to replace Chudzinski – are all represented by agent Jimmy Sexton, who has strong ties to the Browns organization.
Oh goodie, we are bringing back the Mike Holmgren "just bring in guys with the same agent" method.
Zombo
-
Its like a McDonalds happy meal maybe we get a prize gift!!!

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login