Skip to content

Coach Chud Fired

The Browns Board
398 68 11.2k
  • "Fireing"? Oh, please God, tell me you were born and raised in Western PA.

    Zombo

  • @neo said:

    There is no light at either end of the tunnel for us right now. It is a dark day in Browns Country right now. Especially when the best players like Thomas, Ward, and Jackson were backing Chud. And I just saw an acticle on Ward saying that Chud's future whould help make his decision come FA time.

    Ward can leave with chud we need a safety that can wrap and tackle not whiff half the time.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Ward can leave with chud we need a safety that can wrap and tackle not whiff half the time.

    I agree. see ya ward

  • Well, I may be in the minority on this wrist cutting thread, but I am excited to see what is next. 4-12 is 4-12. You are what your record says you are. I'm not jumping in front of the next train like some of you.

    @d-bone said:

    Well, I may be in the minority on this wrist cutting thread, but I am excited to see what is next. 4-12 is 4-12. You are what your record says you are. I'm not jumping in front of the next train like some of you.

    Next man up. I didn't want Chud gone, but he is so lets move on

  • @neo said:

    There is no light at either end of the tunnel for us right now. It is a dark day in Browns Country right now. Especially when the best players like Thomas, Ward, and Jackson were backing Chud. And I just saw an acticle on Ward saying that Chud's future whould help make his decision come FA time.

    Ward can leave with chud we need a safety that can wrap and tackle not whiff half the time.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Ward can leave with chud we need a safety that can wrap and tackle not whiff half the time.

    omg seriously dude? ward is one of the best safeties in the NFL. If we had someone ready to step in there than fine, but we don't. Ward is one of the best run stopping safeties in the NFL. He's one of the league's best players. If he was playing on a better team he'd be getting way more cred.

  • pghbigkev said:

    Tomlin hasn't had one losing season in his 7 season as Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    The Browns have had 6 losing seasons during the same 7 year period.

    he was lucky to not have that streak broken this year, that is if you consider an 8-8 season a "winning" season. Sorry thats a losing season in my book. Oldest defense in the NFL will be one year older next season.

    @topdawg31 said:

    he was lucky to not have that streak broken this year, that is if you consider an 8-8 season a "winning" season. Sorry thats a losing season in my book. Oldest defense in the NFL will be one year older next season.

    No, they will be younger and hopefully with few smart offseason moves, better. But we shall see.

  • "Fireing"? Oh, please God, tell me you were born and raised in Western PA.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    "Fireing"? Oh, please God, tell me you were born and raised in Western PA.

    Zombo

    LMAO

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Omg dude, Phillip Rivers throwing to Gordon? Are you serious? We won 4 games while having the worst qb that ever played the game starting the majority of the season. With Rivers as the qb we would have won the division. What we would have done in the playoffs is another matter, but the AFC North this year was there for the picking....with Phillip Rivers as our qb healthy all season we would have won it hands down. You have to know that. We split with the Ravens and Bengals with our mediocre talent at qb....with an elite qb like Rivers we would have won the division in what was an obvious down year.

    what makes you think our offense would have outscored our defense? I will give you the Rivers to Gordon argument but our def blew every lead they had this year.

    @topdawg31 said:

    what makes you think our offense would have outscored our defense? I will give you the Rivers to Gordon argument but our def blew every lead they had this year.

    If you're giving me the Rivers to Gordon argument, than you're pretty much giving me at least another 4 wins. At 8-8 we might have been contending for the division. I was so upset that this year was the North's rebuilding year but we couldn't capitalize on it cause we were in our own rebuild....now we've just pushed the ball further down road. Unbeleivable. The Steelers and Ravens will be at the top of the AFC again by the time we get this ship in order. Yet again...yet fucking again. I could just hop around outside naked yelling incoherent shit to make the neighbors call the cops. I'm practically pacing at this news. If I don't hear by wednesday that they had a ringer like Cowher on deck before they made this decision.....I don't know what I'm gonna do. If we're begging read option college hacks to come coach us this offseason.....I just don't know if I can take it.

  • pghbigkev said:

    Tomlin hasn't had one losing season in his 7 season as Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    The Browns have had 6 losing seasons during the same 7 year period.

    he was lucky to not have that streak broken this year, that is if you consider an 8-8 season a "winning" season. Sorry thats a losing season in my book. Oldest defense in the NFL will be one year older next season.

    @topdawg31 said:

    he was lucky to not have that streak broken this year, that is if you consider an 8-8 season a "winning" season. Sorry thats a losing season in my book. Oldest defense in the NFL will be one year older next season.

    His team had something to play for in week 17, I wish we had that.

  • no mention of the coordinators yet?

  • no mention of the coordinators yet?

    @lbc-mike said:

    no mention of the coordinators yet?

    8am meeting tomorrow for them

  • i wonder if they are going to sleep well tonight

  • @topdawg31 said:

    Ward can leave with chud we need a safety that can wrap and tackle not whiff half the time.

    omg seriously dude? ward is one of the best safeties in the NFL. If we had someone ready to step in there than fine, but we don't. Ward is one of the best run stopping safeties in the NFL. He's one of the league's best players. If he was playing on a better team he'd be getting way more cred.

    @clevfan4life said:

    omg seriously dude? ward is one of the best safeties in the NFL. If we had someone ready to step in there than fine, but we don't. Ward is one of the best run stopping safeties in the NFL. He's one of the league's best players. If he was playing on a better team he'd be getting way more cred.

    hes not even top ten take the goggles off dude

  • Ward and Mack can walk

  • ward had an ok year, but then again he was playing for a contract. He is no where near the top 3 Safeties though

  • Tony Grossi will have new inside information on the firing of #Browns HC Rob Chudzinski posted on http://espncleveland.com at 6 am.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    omg seriously dude? ward is one of the best safeties in the NFL. If we had someone ready to step in there than fine, but we don't. Ward is one of the best run stopping safeties in the NFL. He's one of the league's best players. If he was playing on a better team he'd be getting way more cred.

    hes not even top ten take the goggles off dude

    @topdawg31 said:

    hes not even top ten take the goggles off dude

    He's top 10. Keeping him should be a priority.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    he was lucky to not have that streak broken this year, that is if you consider an 8-8 season a "winning" season. Sorry thats a losing season in my book. Oldest defense in the NFL will be one year older next season.

    His team had something to play for in week 17, I wish we had that.

    @bbedward said:

    His team had something to play for in week 17, I wish we had that.

    only because they played us twice

  • @topdawg31 said:

    hes not even top ten take the goggles off dude

    He's top 10. Keeping him should be a priority.

    @bbedward said:

    He's top 10. Keeping him should be a priority.

    show me where he is top ten I cant find it and I looked up the top ten. He was not on the list sorry but it's your opinion and not fact.

  • Ward and Mack can walk

    @lbc-mike said:

    Ward and Mack will walk

    fixed

  • @neo said:

    There is no light at either end of the tunnel for us right now. It is a dark day in Browns Country right now. Especially when the best players like Thomas, Ward, and Jackson were backing Chud. And I just saw an acticle on Ward saying that Chud's future whould help make his decision come FA time.

    Ward can leave with chud we need a safety that can wrap and tackle not whiff half the time.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Ward can leave with chud we need a safety that can wrap and tackle not whiff half the time.

    Ok. So what about Thomas? He said he would back Chud. And what about how Gordon feels about this? Seems he has worked his ass off and has really stepped up, how do we know Chud didn't play a part in that? Surely Haden isn't happy about this either. What about DQ, our defensive captain who we probably can't replace, at least not right away.