Skip to content

Coach Chud Fired

The Browns Board
398 68 11.2k
  • Jimmy was asked from a reporter. "Jimmy can you assure the fans that you don't have the 3 stooges running this organization"..........LMAO

    @d-bone said:

    Jimmy was asked from a reporter. "Jimmy can you assure the fans that you don't have the 3 stooges running this organization"..........LMAO

    I loved hearing that! Good! I'm glad the media is holding his feet to the fire! They as well as the fans should!

  • @d-bone said:

    My best friend got married a few years out of high school to a girl who he knew for less than a year. They were divorced less then 2 years later. That was in 1990. He has now been married to his 2nd wife for 20 years and has 2 grown kids. It can happen. You're a Browns fan.............What else do you have but hope?

    True, but....Let's make it a little more analogous to our situation.

    What if your buddy had been married 10 times since 1990? The same number of HC the Browns have had in that time frame, including 96-98, none lasting for more than 4 years, most gone in 2-3.

    Are you confident the soon to be 11th will be the one?

    @cbus-brownie said:

    True, but....Let's make it a little more analogous to our situation.

    What if your buddy had been married 10 times since 1990? The same number of HC the Browns have had in that time frame, including 96-98, none lasting for more than 4 years, most gone in 2-3.

    Are you confident the soon to be 11th will be the one?

    I'm like a CB, I have a short memory

  • The problems at QB cannot be overlooked. He was thrown in a bad situation. Shurmur was terrible and Walrus didnt care at all, and chud was left that mess. Was he the long term solution? I doubt it.

    I am a litte undecided on this firing. In one way I think he deserved another year, in another way, realistically, the improvements would have probably been little to nothing and it is best to cut the cord than waste time. Maybe they have a guy they REALLY like and wanted to make the move. Maybe there was some backroom conflicts we aren't being told.

    I am having a hard time deciphiring if the FO are a bunch of clueless egomaniacs or really concerned with winning and filling up the seats.

  • Problems at qb??? Chud had one of the best qb play seasons this year. And he still garbage

  • Problems at qb??? Chud had one of the best qb play seasons this year. And he still garbage

    @cdl15 said:

    Problems at qb??? Chud had one of the best qb play seasons this year. And he still garbage

    Was the QB play great or can Gordon just actually catch?

    I am not seeing how you can argue switching QBs so often wouldnt have an effect.

  • Obviously, I agree with Hurricane that the Browns have serious QB problems. Here's my thing, though: If you know you don't have a viable option at QB, you don't insist on switching to a completely QB-dependent offense and then cry, "Well, you can't blame ME! I didn't have a QB!" when it doesn't work out.

    Both the FO and Chud are to blame for this. Chud is to blame because the only way he was going to be successful (if we believe him) is if he got a wonderful QB to run the offense he wanted to run. The FO is to blame for putting him in that position when they knew he wasn't going to get that opportunity.

  • Problems at qb??? Chud had one of the best qb play seasons this year. And he still garbage

    @cdl15 said:

    Problems at qb??? Chud had one of the best qb play seasons this year. And he still garbage

    Which QB would that be?

  • He got fired for his stupidity. Trying to get cute going for 4@5s. Going for two in situations where it calls for one. And both cost them football games. Unacceptable even for the Cleveland browns. Like I said he's a hometown guy so he should be picking garbage up not coaching a yeam

  • @cdl15 said:

    Problems at qb??? Chud had one of the best qb play seasons this year. And he still garbage

    Which QB would that be?

    @gftchris said:

    Which QB would that be?

    Three Qbs combined:

    4372 yrds passing

    26tds to 20 Ints

    75.7 Qbr

    And Weeden Seriosly killed these numbers

    Hell DA was a Probowler with those numbers.

  • Typical Cleveland stumble and fumble. The franchise that is a laughing stock of America. Ward and Mack are counting the days when they can play for a WINNER!!!and Haden can't be far behind. The Browns get bottom tiered free agents that they have to pay All Pro money to, now they will need to top Cudzinski's 4/ $13 millon contract to attract a 2nd tier coach. Only players and coaches that are desperate or get handed a BOAT load of money would ever think of coming to Cleveland

  • I'll take a 2nd tier coach to the garbage we just threw out.

  • I'll take a 2nd tier coach to the garbage we just threw out.

    @cdl15 said:

    I'll take a 2nd tier coach to the garbage we just threw out.

    Chudzinski WAS a 2nd tier candidate. A top candidate would have got a 2nd year. 13 million for him? Jimmie will have to make the next HC with any talent a partner

    Maybe Gruden or that ex Squeeler coach might want to own the browns?? NAAAAAAA

  • cdl15,

    Anderson put up those numbers in more than 100 fewer attempts. The 2007 Browns also ran the ball more often and for a much greater number of yards. So, yeah, even if you're playing worse, you can put up similar passing totals by just throwing the ball more and running less.

    ...You won't win as many games, though.

  • I'll take a 2nd tier coach to the garbage we just threw out.

    @cdl15 said:

    I'll take a 2nd tier coach to the garbage we just threw out.

    I would take 3 Steelers fans to take your place on this board than have to read the dumb shit you make us read.

    You were one of the many that wanted a fresh qb brought in after hoyer went down early in the season, Flynn and the other retread shit bags. So don't say you were not one of the "he's better than what we have now" guys clamoring for a new qb every week. Then turn it all on Chud. Fuck you dude.

    Name a coach that could have one with the turd qb's we fielded this year. Even dick breath Joe Banner wouldn't answer this question. He said other teams had success with a similar situation.. Who?

    Add that we had to rely on guy's named fozzy Whitaker and willis McGhee to run the ball.

    The guy did all that he could with what he had. This front office fucked us hard this year.

    If your going to preach shit start owning up to it.

  • Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whose fault was it that Chud had to rely on McGahee and Whitaker to run the ball?

  • McGahee and Whittaker had about as much production as 3rd overall pick Trent Richardson had.

  • Mark O,

    Did they? The stats from 2012 and 2013 don't seem to reflect that.

    Besides, I wasn't claiming that Richardson was great. I'm just saying that a person can't really claim that Chud isn't at least partially responsible for the RBs he ended up with.

  • Chud wasn't here in 2012 so what happened during that season isn't really relevant is it?

    In 2013:

    Richardson rushed for 458 yards...2.9 ypc average for the season.

    McGahee 377 yards 2.7 ypc average

    Fozzie Bear 79 yards 2.8 average

    377 and 79 = 457 yards and basically a 2.75 ypc average. I'd say that makes them pretty damn equal.

    Doesn't change the fact that we had a piss poor running game for the entire 2013 season, only thing these stats show is just how average and replaceable Richardson really was.

  • @cdl15 said:

    I'll take a 2nd tier coach to the garbage we just threw out.

    I would take 3 Steelers fans to take your place on this board than have to read the dumb shit you make us read.

    You were one of the many that wanted a fresh qb brought in after hoyer went down early in the season, Flynn and the other retread shit bags. So don't say you were not one of the "he's better than what we have now" guys clamoring for a new qb every week. Then turn it all on Chud. Fuck you dude.

    Name a coach that could have one with the turd qb's we fielded this year. Even dick breath Joe Banner wouldn't answer this question. He said other teams had success with a similar situation.. Who?

    Add that we had to rely on guy's named fozzy Whitaker and willis McGhee to run the ball.

    The guy did all that he could with what he had. This front office fucked us hard this year.

    If your going to preach shit start owning up to it.

    @erie-dawg said:

    I would take 3 Steelers fans to take your place on this board than have to read the dumb shit you make us read.

    ^^This. Maybe we can go to a Pgh board and ask some of them to come here so they can impart their wisdom on us as to how a franchise stays relevant year after year after year through Stability at the coaching staff. I'd take 10 steelers fans here right now over some of these dumbasses that can't see 2014 is already over.

  • I'll take a 2nd tier coach to the garbage we just threw out.

    @cdl15 said:

    I'll take a 2nd tier coach to the garbage we just threw out.

    You'll get a 4th tier now and you'll like it. You're gonna suck so much dick next year it's not even funny. We'll be lucky if our HC next year was some guy running out gatorade to the players on a playoff team. Hopefully he'll impart his vast knowledge and experience regarding player hydration, 10 wins for sure.