Coach Chud Fired
-
I'll take a 2nd tier coach to the garbage we just threw out.
Chudzinski WAS a 2nd tier candidate. A top candidate would have got a 2nd year. 13 million for him? Jimmie will have to make the next HC with any talent a partner
Maybe Gruden or that ex Squeeler coach might want to own the browns?? NAAAAAAA
-
cdl15,
Anderson put up those numbers in more than 100 fewer attempts. The 2007 Browns also ran the ball more often and for a much greater number of yards. So, yeah, even if you're playing worse, you can put up similar passing totals by just throwing the ball more and running less.
...You won't win as many games, though.
-
I would take 3 Steelers fans to take your place on this board than have to read the dumb shit you make us read.I'll take a 2nd tier coach to the garbage we just threw out.
You were one of the many that wanted a fresh qb brought in after hoyer went down early in the season, Flynn and the other retread shit bags. So don't say you were not one of the "he's better than what we have now" guys clamoring for a new qb every week. Then turn it all on Chud. Fuck you dude.
Name a coach that could have one with the turd qb's we fielded this year. Even dick breath Joe Banner wouldn't answer this question. He said other teams had success with a similar situation.. Who?
Add that we had to rely on guy's named fozzy Whitaker and willis McGhee to run the ball.
The guy did all that he could with what he had. This front office fucked us hard this year.
If your going to preach shit start owning up to it.
-
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whose fault was it that Chud had to rely on McGahee and Whitaker to run the ball?
-
Mark O,
Did they? The stats from 2012 and 2013 don't seem to reflect that.
Besides, I wasn't claiming that Richardson was great. I'm just saying that a person can't really claim that Chud isn't at least partially responsible for the RBs he ended up with.
-
Chud wasn't here in 2012 so what happened during that season isn't really relevant is it?
In 2013:
Richardson rushed for 458 yards...2.9 ypc average for the season.
McGahee 377 yards 2.7 ypc average
Fozzie Bear 79 yards 2.8 average
377 and 79 = 457 yards and basically a 2.75 ypc average. I'd say that makes them pretty damn equal.
Doesn't change the fact that we had a piss poor running game for the entire 2013 season, only thing these stats show is just how average and replaceable Richardson really was.
-
I would take 3 Steelers fans to take your place on this board than have to read the dumb shit you make us read.I'll take a 2nd tier coach to the garbage we just threw out.
You were one of the many that wanted a fresh qb brought in after hoyer went down early in the season, Flynn and the other retread shit bags. So don't say you were not one of the "he's better than what we have now" guys clamoring for a new qb every week. Then turn it all on Chud. Fuck you dude.
Name a coach that could have one with the turd qb's we fielded this year. Even dick breath Joe Banner wouldn't answer this question. He said other teams had success with a similar situation.. Who?
Add that we had to rely on guy's named fozzy Whitaker and willis McGhee to run the ball.
The guy did all that he could with what he had. This front office fucked us hard this year.
If your going to preach shit start owning up to it.
I would take 3 Steelers fans to take your place on this board than have to read the dumb shit you make us read.
^^This. Maybe we can go to a Pgh board and ask some of them to come here so they can impart their wisdom on us as to how a franchise stays relevant year after year after year through Stability at the coaching staff. I'd take 10 steelers fans here right now over some of these dumbasses that can't see 2014 is already over.
-
I'll take a 2nd tier coach to the garbage we just threw out.
You'll get a 4th tier now and you'll like it. You're gonna suck so much dick next year it's not even funny. We'll be lucky if our HC next year was some guy running out gatorade to the players on a playoff team. Hopefully he'll impart his vast knowledge and experience regarding player hydration, 10 wins for sure.
-
Mark,
I don't really understand what you're arguing here. I agree that the rushing game was piss poor in 2013 no matter who the running back was. And Chud was the coach of that team. Also, if you're going to use YPC (which every critic of Richardson loves to do), let's use the YPC under similar circumstances (i.e. with the same team). Richardson averaged 3.4 yards per carry with Cleveland this year.
Again, I'm not even arguing in favor of Richardson. I'm saying that a person can't claim that Chud was a VICTIM of having McGahee and Whitaker at RB this year. He (along with the rest of the staff) blamed Richardson for the Browns rushing woes and made the decision to cut him. It didn't help, though. The solution may not have been Richardson, but the problem wasn't either. And Chud wasn't a victim of being saddled with McGahee and Whitaker, he CHOSE to go with them.
-
Mark,
I don't really understand what you're arguing here. I agree that the rushing game was piss poor in 2013 no matter who the running back was. And Chud was the coach of that team. Also, if you're going to use YPC (which every critic of Richardson loves to do), let's use the YPC under similar circumstances (i.e. with the same team). Richardson averaged 3.4 yards per carry with Cleveland this year.
Again, I'm not even arguing in favor of Richardson. I'm saying that a person can't claim that Chud was a VICTIM of having McGahee and Whitaker at RB this year. He (along with the rest of the staff) blamed Richardson for the Browns rushing woes and made the decision to cut him. It didn't help, though. The solution may not have been Richardson, but the problem wasn't either. And Chud wasn't a victim of being saddled with McGahee and Whitaker, he CHOSE to go with them.
Mark,
I don't really understand what you're arguing here. I agree that the rushing game was piss poor in 2013 no matter who the running back was. And Chud was the coach of that team. Also, if you're going to use YPC (which every critic of Richardson loves to do), let's use the YPC under similar circumstances (i.e. with the same team). Richardson averaged 3.4 yards per carry with Cleveland this year.
Again, I'm not even arguing in favor of Richardson. I'm saying that a person can't claim that Chud was a VICTIM of having McGahee and Whitaker at RB this year. He (along with the rest of the staff) blamed Richardson for the Browns rushing woes and made the decision to cut him. It didn't help, though. The solution may not have been Richardson, but the problem wasn't either. And Chud wasn't a victim of being saddled with McGahee and Whitaker, he CHOSE to go with them.
Do you understand how player acquisitions in the NFL work? Do you know who has the power to sign/cut/trade players in Cleveland?
It sure as hell isn't Chudzinski.
Banner traded Richardson. I'm sure Chud was involved, but it was largely because of Lombardi's views on Richardson.
Richardson cost more than he produced, in Banner and Lombardi's eyes. Chud had zero say in the trade.
-
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whose fault was it that Chud had to rely on McGahee and Whitaker to run the ball?
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whose fault was it that Chud had to rely on McGahee and Whitaker to run the ball?
He never gave oby a shot. So I don't wanna hear it
-
Then Chudzinski flat out lied about it. I heard him say out of his own mouth that Richardson was traded because he didn't fit his (CHUDZINSKI'S [he said "my"]) system.
-
Again, I'm not sure what you're arguing. Do you just want to say that Richardson is terrible? Fine. Richardson is terrible. Now... can we get back to the actual claim? The original claim that I was arguing against was that Chud was the victim of having McGahee and Whitaker at RB. My opposing claim was that Chud can't be considered a true victim of a decision he played a part in making.
Now, I can't argue against the claim that Chud was the victim of not having a decent QB, because I don't know that he had anything to do with that. I did hear him say that the RB decisions were made based on what fit his system, though, so I think he shares a little responsibility there.
-
I agree with you. I also don't think it matters who was running the ball. We were either tied or had the lead in 10 games this year and won only 4 and lost 7 in a row. That doesn't even count the number of times we gave up the lead in the last 2 minutes of a half.
The team clearly had enough talent to be in that situation at half time of that many games, losing that many when we were in that situation has to fall on the head coach.
-
Im sorry I think a lot of you who are happy about this firing really dont know what your talking about. I pray the Redskins hire Chud as the head coach of the Skins immediately. I think hes the next great coach out there. If Brian Hoyer doesnt get injured the Browns would have won the division. I cant believe they only gave Chud 1 year. Its just a shame.
For goodness sake he made Jason Campbell look good at times.
-
How was Chud responsible for that O line?
-
Im sorry I think a lot of you who are happy about this firing really dont know what your talking about. I pray the Redskins hire Chud as the head coach of the Skins immediately. I think hes the next great coach out there. If Brian Hoyer doesnt get injured the Browns would have won the division. I cant believe they only gave Chud 1 year. Its just a shame.
For goodness sake he made Jason Campbell look good at times.
Im sorry I think a lot of you who are happy about this firing really dont know what your talking about. I pray the Redskins hire Chud as the head coach of the Skins immediately. I think hes the next great coach out there. If Brian Hoyer doesnt get injured the Browns would have won the division. I cant believe they only gave Chud 1 year. Its just a shame.
For goodness sake he made Jason Campbell look good at times.
Winning the division with Hoyer is too big of a reach. I strongly doubt it would have even came close.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login