Coach Chud Fired
-
Wow, nothing new here. This could be 2012, 2010, 2007.......
-
Cleveland Browns are interviewing for a head coach. No experience required. On the Job training available.
That's the problem with the Browns. If you get a coach that has no experience as a head coach, it is a gamble.
The same thing is true of Quarterbacks. Some draft pics work out and some don't.
So lets get a new head coach and quarterback every year or so and hope for the best.
What a Joke!
-
hey calm down. lol. If we have consistency I think we as fans would be lost and confused.
-
Reading some of the quotes from the players, you get a sense of moral being erradicated. I know its a business and shit, but come on. The 3 stooges better bring in someone who can hype up these guys now.
So does this mean Ward and Mack are good as gone? Do they want to come back? What FA next year wants to come here?
-
Said it last year and I'll say it again .. hopefully not next year.
If the players like the Coach on a 4-12 team something is really wrong,
-
The players already looked dead during the regular season.
You can't say they gave up, but they sure looked like it.
I don't know about keeping Ward and Mack. I'm sure with the right check they'll come back.
Unlike a couple others I'd be disappointed if we lose Ward or Mack, because we are not going to get anyone better for next year.
-
Been busy with the holidays...and trying to catch up like mad with the Chud firing responses...
After thinking it over a bit, I'm fine with the decision, because it's better the FO cut him loose now than to hide the fact they really don't want him anymore. Would be wasting more time pretending he's the guy they want. Now...go get that guy you really want, and be damn sure about it, and turn this lost ship in the right direction.
-
I agree with you. I also don't think it matters who was running the ball. We were either tied or had the lead in 10 games this year and won only 4 and lost 7 in a row. That doesn't even count the number of times we gave up the lead in the last 2 minutes of a half.
The team clearly had enough talent to be in that situation at half time of that many games, losing that many when we were in that situation has to fall on the head coach.
I agree with you. I also don't think it matters who was running the ball. We were either tied or had the lead in 10 games this year and won only 4 and lost 7 in a row. That doesn't even count the number of times we gave up the lead in the last 2 minutes of a half.
The team clearly had enough talent to be in that situation at half time of that many games, losing that many when we were in that situation has to fall on the head coach.
^^^^^this right here^^^^^, is all the explanation anyone needs as to why we're getting a new head coach. Like it or not, they gotta win the games, not give up leads and blow the games.
-
It's a real shame what happened to Chudzinski. I'm not a Browns fan, but I know from being an Eagles fans that Joe Banner is a complete and total scumbag. I don't know if he had anything to do with the firing, but he is such a vindictive, spiteful, and petty person. I could tell you about some of the things he did in Philadelphia, and they were pretty low.
I haven't been following the Browns much, so I don't know how much power Banner has, but I'll just say that he was the cause of much of the turmoil that caused the Eagles to fall apart at the end of the Andy Reid era. Banner got power hungry and tried to stick his nose into everything as the years went on. During the final handful of seasons, Banner started to assert his power into personnel moves and wanted a say in draft picks, and the Eagles had some really poor drafts before these last couple when Banner lost control.
I thought Chudzinski was a good hire at the time. I liked what he did in Carolina. It's a shame it all went down this way.
It's a real shame what happened to Chudzinski. I'm not a Browns fan, but I know from being an Eagles fans that Joe Banner is a complete and total scumbag. I don't know if he had anything to do with the firing, but he is such a vindictive, spiteful, and petty person. I could tell you about some of the things he did in Philadelphia, and they were pretty low.
I haven't been following the Browns much, so I don't know how much power Banner has, but I'll just say that he was the cause of much of the turmoil that caused the Eagles to fall apart at the end of the Andy Reid era. Banner got power hungry and tried to stick his nose into everything as the years went on. During the final handful of seasons, Banner started to assert his power into personnel moves and wanted a say in draft picks, and the Eagles had some really poor drafts before these last couple when Banner lost control.
I thought Chudzinski was a good hire at the time. I liked what he did in Carolina. It's a shame it all went down this way.
Beyond a shame- Banner and Lombardi pulling rank, and newbie owner Haslam expecting immediate results from his new toy. Sorry Browns fans- it will give me great personal satisfaction if Chud wins a SB before the Browns- and it just could happen.
Reading some of the quotes from the players, you get a sense of moral being erradicated. I know its a business and shit, but come on. The 3 stooges better bring in someone who can hype up these guys now.
So does this mean Ward and Mack are good as gone? Do they want to come back? What FA next year wants to come here?
Yes Mike- this isn't Pat Sur-loss goober ball. Hear any outcry from the players when he got the boot? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't think so. I think the asking price of both Ward and Mack just went through the roof- and they're going to have to franchise one of them, and put a transition tag on the other.
-
Mack will resign. 5 years/ 60 million.
Ward will be tagged a 6-7 mill this season and resign at 4 years/ 40 mill next season.
-
It's a real shame what happened to Chudzinski. I'm not a Browns fan, but I know from being an Eagles fans that Joe Banner is a complete and total scumbag. I don't know if he had anything to do with the firing, but he is such a vindictive, spiteful, and petty person. I could tell you about some of the things he did in Philadelphia, and they were pretty low.
I haven't been following the Browns much, so I don't know how much power Banner has, but I'll just say that he was the cause of much of the turmoil that caused the Eagles to fall apart at the end of the Andy Reid era. Banner got power hungry and tried to stick his nose into everything as the years went on. During the final handful of seasons, Banner started to assert his power into personnel moves and wanted a say in draft picks, and the Eagles had some really poor drafts before these last couple when Banner lost control.
I thought Chudzinski was a good hire at the time. I liked what he did in Carolina. It's a shame it all went down this way.
Beyond a shame- Banner and Lombardi pulling rank, and newbie owner Haslam expecting immediate results from his new toy. Sorry Browns fans- it will give me great personal satisfaction if Chud wins a SB before the Browns- and it just could happen.
Reading some of the quotes from the players, you get a sense of moral being erradicated. I know its a business and shit, but come on. The 3 stooges better bring in someone who can hype up these guys now.
So does this mean Ward and Mack are good as gone? Do they want to come back? What FA next year wants to come here?
Yes Mike- this isn't Pat Sur-loss goober ball. Hear any outcry from the players when he got the boot? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't think so. I think the asking price of both Ward and Mack just went through the roof- and they're going to have to franchise one of them, and put a transition tag on the other.
I think the asking price of both Ward and Mack just went through the roof- and they're going to have to franchise one of them, and put a transition tag on the other.
I agree, Then, hopefully, we can turn things around well enough to keep these guys here in 2015. If not, I sure hope Jimmy holds Banner & Lombardi accountable, aka "fire their asses".
Mike
-
Cleveland Browns are interviewing for a head coach. No experience required. On the Job training available.
That's the problem with the Browns. If you get a coach that has no experience as a head coach, it is a gamble.
The same thing is true of Quarterbacks. Some draft pics work out and some don't.
So lets get a new head coach and quarterback every year or so and hope for the best.
What a Joke!
Cleveland Browns are interviewing for a head coach. No experience required. On the Job training available.
That's the problem with the Browns. If you get a coach that has no experience as a head coach, it is a gamble.
The same thing is true of Quarterbacks. Some draft pics work out and some don't.
So lets get a new head coach and quarterback every year or so and hope for the best.
What a Joke!
Well, if they go after McDaniel he HAS experience as a HC.
-
http://factoryofsadness.sportsblog.com/posts/240229/the_chudzinski_conspiracy_theory.html
The Chudzinski conspiracy.
-
Bears' Cutler stunned at Chudzinski firingJANUARY 2, 2014 12:12:33 PM PSTBy Pat McManamonMost of the reaction to the Cleveland Browns' decision to fire Rob Chudzinski after one year as head coach has come from fans, and much of it has been negative.
CutlerBut one prominent player in the league weighed in this week.
Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler does a regular show on ESPN-1000 in Chicago (appropriately dubbed "The Jay Cutler Show"). This week he was on the air with John Jurkovic, the ex-Packers and ex-Jaguars defensive lineman who spent a year in Cleveland on the 1999 expansion team.
Jurkovic mentioned on the show he played for the Browns, and Cutler immediately chimed in: “I can’t believe they fired Chud.”
To which Jurkovic responded: “Shocking. They are the new worst franchise in the NFL, replacing and supplanting the great Dan Snyder for the Washington Redskins.”
Cutler continued.
“They had a good team,” he said. “Obviously they didn’t win as many games as they wanted to. Defensively, they looked good. I thought J-Camp (Jason Campbell) came in and did a nice job quarterbacking. They had some talented receivers; that tight end is really good.
“It wasn’t an easy win to play them by any means.”
Cutler’s comments on the defense are kind given the Bears scored 21 in the fourth quarter, but the point was made.
It’s also something similar to what Bill Belichick said after the Patriots' win over the Browns. The Patriots produce their own show called "Patriots All-Access," which mikes players and coaches. After New England’s win, Belichick said (at about the 5:00 mark):
“Give them credit. They’re the team we thought they’d be. Young, aggressive, fought their [butt] off, gave us all we wanted and more.
“That’s a win none of us will forget, I’ll tell ya.”
Of course it’s easy for a coach who wins to be complimentary, especially when the win was as dramatic as that one was.
But typically if a coach or player feels like a move was proper or a team isn’t competing, they will talk in innocuous ways about a move or loss being unfortunate or sometimes being time for a change.
Cutler and Jurkovic were a little more direct.
“Joe Thomas said it best,” Jurkovic said. “He said every time you hit the reset button, you set your organization back.”
“It’s hard,” Cutler said. “It’s hard to get a new regime, new offense, new defense, new way of doing things, new way to practice. ... It’s not easy.” -
-
You are one of the whiniest little bitches we have on this forum, and that is saying a lot. Cry, cry, cry.........You're fucking good at it, no my bad, you're fucking GREAT at it. Later dick head, it's my last conversation with you.
You are one of the whiniest little bitches we have on this forum, and that is saying a lot. Cry, cry, cry.........You're fucking good at it, no my bad, you're fucking GREAT at it. Later dick head, it's my last conversation with you.
You're one of the stupidest people i've seen here, and that's saying alot cause there's some dumb mother fuckers here. You're the prototypical fantasy league fgt who is ruining professional sports and especially football. Fgts like you don't understand the game, you just watch the league on FX and think you do....it is a funny show though i'll give you that. But other than that you don't shit about real football and even less about what it takes to perennially win in the NFL. Despite the fact we have two of the best perennial winners sitting right here with us in the AFC North. But dumb mother fuckers like you who stare at their smart phones all sunday don't have the intuitive impulse to say to yourself...hey, why do those guys win all the time? It's like every year is a brand new year and it's just luck/fluke that the Ravens and Steelers are always battling each other for North supremacy, and we were usually in a dead heat with the Bengals for who can get to the basement the fastest. You're a stupid football fan, you know this right? You're an ignorant pos that just sits infront of a tv on sunday and drools out of the side of his mouth.
But you know who was watching those two teams? Mike Brown thats who. And he didn't listen to dumb stunned cunt fgts like you in Cincy
-
Well, that's no way to talk to each other. Disagreeing is fine. Name-calling rants are just silly.
The Chud thing is tough. I've mentioned a number of times that I think the FO did Chud dirty, and I've mentioned why I think that. What I suppose I don't really get is where all of this support for Chud is coming from (i.e. what it is based on, what fuels it, etc.). The fact that the FO treated him badly neither means he was a good coach, nor does it mean that he was going to be a good coach. I'm not saying that he wasn't, I'm saying that I didn't really see anything that indicated to me that he definitely was (the fact that the players liked him doesn't really tell me that; I've seen bad coaches that players liked and good coaches that players didn't really like).
Will the team be better as a result of the 2014 draft? I sure as hell hope so. But that's got a lot more to do with acquiring better players than it does with coaching. It's only logical that the same coach should be able to do better with better players. That should be an expectation, not a goal or credit to the coach. I've said it before and I'll say it again: A "good coach" should be able to do better than a "bad coach" with the same players.
Personally, I don't think that Chud should have been hired in the first place. I don't think he's the kind or quality of coach the Browns need to turn things around. There seems to be a fundamental disagreement (on these boards and in general) between folks on what's expected of a coach in their first year. To me, it isn't unreasonable to expect to see how the new coach is better for the team. A lot of you don't believe this has to be visible right away. I don't think we're going to come to an agreement on that. One stance seems to be: "Chud didn't do enough wrong to be fired." One stance seems to be: "Chud didn't really do enough right to be kept."
One last thing before I click "post". Let's put the "Chud" thing aside for a second and speak in generalities. Some people seem to believe that consistency is preferable to inconsistency. I would argue that this is only true for those situations which are constructively consistent. Situations which are either consistent in their decline or holding a consistently low level aren't really that great. So is consistency preferable to change? Sometimes, but not if the status quo is negative. If things are consistently dysfunctional, change is the better option.
-
The Chudzinski Conspiracy Theory makes way too much sense.
They knew they were going to fire Chud before the Steeler game?
Firing Chud makes no sense, unless the Browns were afraid they
couldn't fire him after he started winning next year with Hoyer and
a big name qb and several other players in the draft.
It isn't like the Browns were losing by large margins, say, 35 - 3.
Haslam, Banner and Lombardi are more like the Three Potato Heads than
the Stooges. Honestly, I believe they knew from day one that Chud was
a one year fill in.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login