Skip to content

Coach Chud Fired

The Browns Board
398 68 11.2k
  • So what's the money on Josh McDaniels as new HC, and Ryan mallet for a second rounder?

  • Coaches are egotistical. Every one of them believe they are better than the next coach and that they can turn it around. Getting a coach will not be a problem.

  • Coaches are egotistical. Every one of them believe they are better than the next coach and that they can turn it around. Getting a coach will not be a problem.

    @d-bone said:

    Coaches are egotistical. Every one of them believe they are better than the next coach and that they can turn it around. Getting a coach will not be a problem.

    getting the RIGHT one is the problem

  • So what's the money on Josh McDaniels as new HC, and Ryan mallet for a second rounder?

    @gftchris said:

    So what's the money on Josh McDaniels as new HC, and Ryan mallet for a second rounder?

    Surely you don't see either as the light at the end of the tunnel????????????

  • here is a list of 15 players that need packing and one way tickets on a greyhound.

    1. Weeden

    2. Skrine

    3. Robertson

    4. Cousins

    5. Willis M.

    6. Campbell

    7. Little

    8. Lava man

    9. Cundiff

    10. Barnidge

    11. Kitchen

    12. Carder

    13.Pnkston

    14. Groves

    15. Heath

  • @d-bone said:

    Coaches are egotistical. Every one of them believe they are better than the next coach and that they can turn it around. Getting a coach will not be a problem.

    getting the RIGHT one is the problem

    @browns149 said:

    getting the RIGHT one is the problem

    agreed 100%

  • @gftchris said:

    So what's the money on Josh McDaniels as new HC, and Ryan mallet for a second rounder?

    Surely you don't see either as the light at the end of the tunnel????????????

    @jcam222 said:

    Surely you don't see either as the light at the end of the tunnel????????????

    I don't, I just have a sinking feeling that Lombardi does. Hopefully Banner can veto that one though.

  • http://factoryofsadness.sportsblog.com/post/238921/browns_to_fire_rob_chudzinski.html

    I don't have a problem with it. The offense had more than enough talent at key positions, yet still couldn't find a way to get things done. Unfortunately, I'm not sure McDaniels or O'Brien is much more of an improvement.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    http://factoryofsadness.sportsblog.com/post/238921/browns_to_fire_rob_chudzinski.html

    I don't have a problem with it. The offense had more than enough talent at key positions, yet still couldn't find a way to get things done. Unfortunately, I'm not sure McDaniels or O'Brien is much more of an improvement.

    You truly believe we had that much talent in key positions? Outside of Thomas and Mack and Gordon who else would you rate as a key talent on offense? Maybe I am just missing something but I don't see it. Albeit brief this team ticked like a Rolex with Hoyer at the helm. Fluke? Maybe At the end of the day this team needs to draw a line in the sand, hire a coach, have the balls to stand by their supposedly well researched decision and let it roll a minimum of three years.

    Maybe I am in the minority but I am tired of shuffling coaches and systems here. I believe I saw enough flashes of good football to stick with it. With 7 top tier draft picks and plenty to spend on FA's we should have stuck it out. This kind of knee jerk shit has me honestly wondering if keeping my season tickets is worth it and that's saying something as I waited a long time to get them. Someone should post a poll on the firing. I would love to see what the majority think.

  • Lovie Smith anyone?

  • I will take lovey smith over saban and mcdaniels

  • Lovie Smith anyone?

    @d-bone said:

    Lovie Smith anyone?

    Abso- fucking- lutley.

  • http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000305247/article/rob-chudzinski-under-fire-with-cleveland-browns

    It was assumed Chudzinski was safe despite a six-game skid, but NFL Media's Albert Breer also reported that team's brass are disappointed with the coach's lack of decisiveness in big moments. If the Browns pull the trigger, Breer reports that Penn State's Bill O'Brien and New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels would top Cleveland's wish list.

    @hurricane said:

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000305247/article/rob-chudzinski-under-fire-with-cleveland-browns

    It was assumed Chudzinski was safe despite a six-game skid, but NFL Media's Albert Breer also reported that team's brass are disappointed with the coach's lack of decisiveness in big moments. If the Browns pull the trigger, Breer reports that Penn State's Bill O'Brien and New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels would top Cleveland's wish list.

    McDaniels is an egotistical fuckstick

  • @hurricane said:

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000305247/article/rob-chudzinski-under-fire-with-cleveland-browns

    It was assumed Chudzinski was safe despite a six-game skid, but NFL Media's Albert Breer also reported that team's brass are disappointed with the coach's lack of decisiveness in big moments. If the Browns pull the trigger, Breer reports that Penn State's Bill O'Brien and New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels would top Cleveland's wish list.

    McDaniels is an egotistical fuckstick

    @jcam222 said:

    McDaniels is an egotistical fuckstick

    then he will fit right in

  • @d-bone said:

    Lovie Smith anyone?

    Abso- fucking- lutley.

    @cdl15 said:

    Abso- fucking- lutley.

    1 year out of football after being wrongly fired? I bet he has a huge chip on his shoulder and is itching to coach.

  • he has got some balls with a name lovie

  • *waits for Norv Turner talk to kick up*

  • Why the fuck would Lovie Smith or any coach with any kind of name for himself want to coach under lombardi and banner? There are plenty of other vacancies. This team is fucking dysfunctional. JH3 is a fucking asshole and Banner is an asshole too. If we end up with McDaniels or O'Brien, I'm not even going to bother watching football next year. We're in the same exact position we were in when Holmgren was boss.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    http://factoryofsadness.sportsblog.com/post/238921/browns_to_fire_rob_chudzinski.html

    I don't have a problem with it. The offense had more than enough talent at key positions, yet still couldn't find a way to get things done. Unfortunately, I'm not sure McDaniels or O'Brien is much more of an improvement.

    You truly believe we had that much talent in key positions? Outside of Thomas and Mack and Gordon who else would you rate as a key talent on offense? Maybe I am just missing something but I don't see it. Albeit brief this team ticked like a Rolex with Hoyer at the helm. Fluke? Maybe At the end of the day this team needs to draw a line in the sand, hire a coach, have the balls to stand by their supposedly well researched decision and let it roll a minimum of three years.

    Maybe I am in the minority but I am tired of shuffling coaches and systems here. I believe I saw enough flashes of good football to stick with it. With 7 top tier draft picks and plenty to spend on FA's we should have stuck it out. This kind of knee jerk shit has me honestly wondering if keeping my season tickets is worth it and that's saying something as I waited a long time to get them. Someone should post a poll on the firing. I would love to see what the majority think.

    @jcam222 said:

    You truly believe we had that much talent in key positions? Outside of Thomas and Mack and Gordon who else would you rate as a key talent on offense? Maybe I am just missing something but I don't see it. Albeit brief this team ticked like a Rolex with Hoyer at the helm. Fluke? Maybe At the end of the day this team needs to draw a line in the sand, hire a coach, have the balls to stand by their supposedly well researched decision and let it roll a minimum of three years.

    Maybe I am in the minority but I am tired of shuffling coaches and systems here. I believe I saw enough flashes of good football to stick with it. With 7 top tier draft picks and plenty to spend on FA's we should have stuck it out. This kind of knee jerk shit has me honestly wondering if keeping my season tickets is worth it and that's saying something as I waited a long time to get them. Someone should post a poll on the firing. I would love to see what the majority think.

    I'd rate J. Cam, the guy your handle is named after, as a quality talent. Little and Bess are better as #2 and #3 receivers than about 10-12 teams in the league, whether or not you choose to agree. Ask the Jets if they'd like to have Little or Bess this season. To have a great LT, a great C, a great #1, a good TE, and solidly athletic #2/#3 is more than a lot of offenses have right now.

    Continuity for the sake of continuity is not the way to go.

    At the end of the day, we're firing a coach who lost 10 of 11 games and by many reports lost his team in the second half of the season. Don't believe me? Ask the players who just texted Michael Silver that Chud was a "douche" or a "joke" or that "nobody on the offense trusts him".

    This doesn't ring as a knee jerk reaction. It rings as a CEO and Owner holding a coach accountable. Chud was never their guy. He was their fifth choice and he didn't pan out.

    We have more Pro Bowlers than we do wins. That doesn't ring of a team devoid of talent.

  • does this mean that we are stuck with Weeden next year?

  • does this mean that we are stuck with Weeden next year?

    @lbc-mike said:

    does this mean that we are stuck with Weeden next year?

    No way he stays, no matter who the HC is