Skip to content

What's the word on Horton/Norv?

The Browns Board
26 17 1.1k
  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #5

    All depends on who the new head coach is and when he gets hired. I could see a guy like McDaniels keeping experienced guys on the staff.

  • All depends on who the new head coach is and when he gets hired. I could see a guy like McDaniels keeping experienced guys on the staff.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @mark-o said:

    All depends on who the new head coach is and when he gets hired. I could see a guy like McDaniels keeping experienced guys on the staff.

    If McDaniels comes in, Turner is gone. They are two differing philosophies. Turner runs an Air Coryell based offense while McDaniels is rooted in an Erhardt-Perkins style offense. The terminology and principles are too different.

    McDaniels is too arrogant to let another coach run a different system. He'll want his system, with his guys, running his plays.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #7

    You're probably right.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #8

    I could see Horton staying if McDaniels is in, which I'm actually fine with. Keep continuity somewhere.

    I just don't want McD to begin with.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #9

    If any of you are optimistic about next season.....man I wanna know what meds you're taking. Because of the giant sodomization to team morale, coupled with new systems....this team will be lucky to win 4 games next year.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I dont want any of them back...

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #11

    For a moment I remembered that Hoyer is another Tom Brady protege, and that McDaniels will already know him and have worked with him before. Then I checked and it's not the case 🙁

  • If any of you are optimistic about next season.....man I wanna know what meds you're taking. Because of the giant sodomization to team morale, coupled with new systems....this team will be lucky to win 4 games next year.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan
    #12

    @clevfan4life said:

    If any of you are optimistic about next season.....man I wanna know what meds you're taking. Because of the giant sodomization to team morale, coupled with new systems....this team will be lucky to win 4 games next year.

    Well, no worse then this year I guess........

  • If any of you are optimistic about next season.....man I wanna know what meds you're taking. Because of the giant sodomization to team morale, coupled with new systems....this team will be lucky to win 4 games next year.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @clevfan4life said:

    If any of you are optimistic about next season.....man I wanna know what meds you're taking. Because of the giant sodomization to team morale, coupled with new systems....this team will be lucky to win 4 games next year.

    OK, let's play the optimist.

    We have a D that looked elite at the start of this season, with two pro-bowlers (sort of) in the secondary and a front seven with the potential to be scary good. Another year in Horton's system, with one or two additions, particularly at linebacker, and they should be able to step up and make plays.

    We have an offense that has four pro bowlers at key positions, including the league's leading WR. We pick up a starting guard, a starting RB to go with Baker and Lewis. We get a young QB that we'll groom to be the future of the franchise.

    We get McDaniels as coach, who brings in the NE system that Brady's been running forever. Hoyer of course knows that system in and out, and flourishes, while Cameron and our new top WR2 both go over 1000 yards, and Gordon gets to the mile.

    WTF have I been smoking? I'd put the chances of that all happening at about 0.1%, just to be clear, but each one of those things is not an impossible thing. All of them together is impossible.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    The word is "LOSERS"

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I don't know about Horton's system. 3rd & long was converted too many times by our opponents, and it always seemed to be the same thing-passes over the middle and nobody there to cover, or a LB chasing a WR.

    Our offense had some excuses, with the constant QB shuffle, but the defense really declined at the end of the year.

  • For a moment I remembered that Hoyer is another Tom Brady protege, and that McDaniels will already know him and have worked with him before. Then I checked and it's not the case 🙁

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @gftchris said:

    For a moment I remembered that Hoyer is another Tom Brady protege, and that McDaniels will already know him and have worked with him before. Then I checked and it's not the case 🙁

    Hoyers been in the same offensive scheme McDaniels would bring, but McDaniels is an idiot.

    That's bill b's team, their offense would be good with or without McDaniels .

  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #17

    It HAS been good with or without him.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    If any of you are optimistic about next season.....man I wanna know what meds you're taking. Because of the giant sodomization to team morale, coupled with new systems....this team will be lucky to win 4 games next year.

    Well, no worse then this year I guess........

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Well, no worse then this year I guess........

    and next year when we're 4-12 and can that coach, what then? 4-12 ad infinitum? we'll always hover between .300 and .400 ball if we turn it over every year. I thought turning it over every 2 years was ridiculous...this, this I just have no words for. If Chud was a stopgap coach that they really didn't want....don't go out and sign FA's like Kruger that have the very distinct possibility of not being able to adapt to a new system a year or two later when you finally make up your mind who the fucking coach is. Don't spend a got damn thing on a single got damn player until you know who the fuck your coach and what system you're going to be running for the foreseeable future

  • @clevfan4life said:

    If any of you are optimistic about next season.....man I wanna know what meds you're taking. Because of the giant sodomization to team morale, coupled with new systems....this team will be lucky to win 4 games next year.

    OK, let's play the optimist.

    We have a D that looked elite at the start of this season, with two pro-bowlers (sort of) in the secondary and a front seven with the potential to be scary good. Another year in Horton's system, with one or two additions, particularly at linebacker, and they should be able to step up and make plays.

    We have an offense that has four pro bowlers at key positions, including the league's leading WR. We pick up a starting guard, a starting RB to go with Baker and Lewis. We get a young QB that we'll groom to be the future of the franchise.

    We get McDaniels as coach, who brings in the NE system that Brady's been running forever. Hoyer of course knows that system in and out, and flourishes, while Cameron and our new top WR2 both go over 1000 yards, and Gordon gets to the mile.

    WTF have I been smoking? I'd put the chances of that all happening at about 0.1%, just to be clear, but each one of those things is not an impossible thing. All of them together is impossible.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @gftchris said:

    Another year in Horton's system, with one or two additions, particularly at linebacker, and they should be able to step up and make plays.

    hoton's system is why we lost 5 games easily this year.

    jauron had our defense playing better as did ryan.

    horton is overated and i hear he hears hoos.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I think everyone can agree the D this year was our biggest disappointment. Our QB situation was horrible, Our WR drops were bad, our run game came to live with baker the last two games, our O-line was average at best. Overall our team sucked donkey balls this past year.

  • I could see Horton staying if McDaniels is in, which I'm actually fine with. Keep continuity somewhere.

    I just don't want McD to begin with.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #21

    @bbedward said:

    I could see Horton staying if McDaniels is in, which I'm actually fine with. Keep continuity somewhere.

    I just don't want McD to begin with.

    Then let us hope that McDaniels can rack up twice as many points in the first half so it would be harder for Horton to piss that lead away...

    WSS

  • @mark-o said:

    All depends on who the new head coach is and when he gets hired. I could see a guy like McDaniels keeping experienced guys on the staff.

    If McDaniels comes in, Turner is gone. They are two differing philosophies. Turner runs an Air Coryell based offense while McDaniels is rooted in an Erhardt-Perkins style offense. The terminology and principles are too different.

    McDaniels is too arrogant to let another coach run a different system. He'll want his system, with his guys, running his plays.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #22

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    If McDaniels comes in, Turner is gone. They are two differing philosophies. Turner runs an Air Coryell based offense while McDaniels is rooted in an Erhardt-Perkins style offense. The terminology and principles are too different.

    McDaniels is too arrogant to let another coach run a different system. He'll want his system, with his guys, running his plays.

    Right now the "guy" running his plays is one Mr. Thomas Brady.

    Now, if McD can duplicate that package.....we should be all right. But can that be guaranteed?

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Apparanantly Turner went after the Three Stooges in a coaches meeting, so I am sure he'll be heading back to his San Diego home sooner than later.

    Glad he stood up for his bud.

    http://www.brownsgab.com/2013/12/30/video-turner-ticked-off-after-firing-of-chudzinski/

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Good for Norv...

    Clip also gave a hint of what is in store for the search.