Skip to content

Josh McDaniels

The Browns Board
169 56 10.8k
  • @jcam222 said:

    Starting off your post on a Browns board you lead with " I'm sick of Browns fans" I am sure there are a few that might be sick of you too. The fact some of us think it sucks they fired Chud , or beyond that they simply went against their stance on maintaining continuity through the rebuilding stages, doesn't make us chronic bitches. The thousands of dollars I have spent on the Browns gives me the right to bitch anyway whether you like it or not.

    Regarding the new owner sure I am disappointed in him some, he is a criminal that may not even own the team long term. Banner is a bean counter that will fuck a guy in a heartbeat and Lombardi is Lombardi. If Jimmy were so committed to winning and refused to accept mediocrity he would have fired Banner and Lombardi after the season as well.

    Regarding McDaniels please by all means build us the case that makes him an attractive head coach candidate. He failed miserably in Denver as a head coach, he failed miserably as an OC in St Louis and only at home with Papa Belichick has he done well. That stands true for most of the spawn of the Belichick tree.

    Lastly please elaborate why we shouldn't be hating. What have you seen that brings your love for the current FO and its decisions

    Your "thousands of dollars" comment is pointless. If you hate the FO so much, quit giving them your money.

    Never said anything about love for the current FO, just some faith and hope. And if u want, I'll make a case for McDaniels... Who can u make a case for?

    Blatant hate does nothing but continue to spawn negativity. Maybe trusting our guys and giving them a vote of confidence, around the stadium and in the media, might be a start of something different. Sure, Browns fans are the most passionate in the league, but make a mistake and that passion will be directed at getting your ass fired. Whether your a coach, player, or other... I'm guilty of it too at times, but we need to put ourselves in check sometimes and start rooting for the guys in the positions that can get this thing going... It's easy to assume the worst about everybody that comes here, how about growing a pair and start assuming the best might happen... that takes guts as a fan... I'll quit ranting, just my 2 cents, or "thousands of dollars" worth of thought...

    @thenew23 said:

    Never said anything about love for the current FO, just some faith and hope. And if u want, I'll make a case for McDaniels... Who can u make a case for?

    Well, seeing as the guy you responded to asked you what made McDaniels a good candidate I think, yes, we'd like to see a good argument for him. Go ahead ...

  • Were fucked, nobody wants to come here
    Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has withdrawn from consideration for the Cleveland Browns HC job, per a league source.
  • 7+ hrs courting McDaniels and he says fuck u! Does not look for the three stooges. We are on plan c, d, e, ect ... This is fact people. James Franklin is a lateral move at best..

  • Please explain why James Franklin would want to come to Cleveland to coach this organization? He's already a legend in Nashville, and, if reports are true, being offered the world by Penn State.

    We have to face facts: Right now, the Cleveland Browns are not in a position to attract a really good head coach, either from college or the NFL ranks (assistants or retreads).

  • For those complaining about possibly getting McDaniels, please say who you think would be better that we could actually get to come here. I posted this a few pages back and as far I've noticed, I haven't seen a response yet. Who do you want? Stop complaining and post who you would want to come here.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    For those complaining about possibly getting McDaniels, please say who you think would be better that we could actually get to come here. I posted this a few pages back and as far I've noticed, I haven't seen a response yet. Who do you want? Stop complaining and post who you would want to come here.

    I would likely give you a shot at the job over McDaniels. Although you seem to be a little bossy it is likely you are not the childish egomaniac fuckhead McDaniels is. When put in charge he doesn't seem to play well with others.

  • So now what? what if the browns bring chud back? i wouldnt be shocked at this point...

  • Were fucked, nobody wants to come here
    Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has withdrawn from consideration for the Cleveland Browns HC job, per a league source.

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Were fucked, nobody wants to come here

    @cdl15 said:

    7+ hrs courting McDaniels and he says fuck u! Does not look for the three stooges. We are on plan c, d, e, ect ... This is fact people. James Franklin is a lateral move at best..

    @orsocron said:

    Please explain why James Franklin would want to come to Cleveland to coach this organization? He's already a legend in Nashville, and, if reports are true, being offered the world by Penn State.

    We have to face facts: Right now, the Cleveland Browns are not in a position to attract a really good head coach, either from college or the NFL ranks (assistants or retreads).

    Well, at least not McDaniels, Praise the Lord! But as many here predicted, we're screwed. The Stooges had no clue of the ramifications of shit-canning Chud after one year. If they thought just waving a boatload of money, and lying out their ass how great a situation it is coaching the Browns- well, we're seeing the results. Maybe a guy like MacAdoo will be their only option. NO ONE with any NFL cred is going to give them the time of day. Maybe they can start looking at top High School Coaches who want to make the jump to the Big Time.

  • Was anyone really excited about McDaniels anyway? None of the names I hear give me any hope at all. Just have to go with what we end up with

    I guess.

  • I was higher on him than most, but you have to put "higher" in the right context.......... Like braking my arm hurts less then breaking my hip. I feel more hopeless today with all of these names I'm reading, then I have in quite some time. Fuck these guys.

  • I wasn't crazy about McDaniels simply because I knew he was stepping into a shit hurricane. What pisses me off about this is that YET AGAIN they let shit leak about how they're closing in on their guy and it's just a matter of time till his teams playoffs are over and then he's down on the dotted line. And YET FUCKING AGAIN the dude they said was a pretty much a done deal says'.....NAH! It has to be humiliating for FO cause it's cringy as hell for fans.

    To the FO, if there's a guy you want....stfu until he actually signs. Just stfu. Somebody asks say no fucking comment we talkin to all kinds of nigga's. Next fucking time I hear about the next browns HC it's cause they actually named the next browns HC. Fuck sake...how is Haslam a billionaire? Can somebody esplain that to me? How did this guy make money in the business world yet be this incompetent at basic human resource theory?

  • I wasn't crazy about McDaniels simply because I knew he was stepping into a shit hurricane. What pisses me off about this is that YET AGAIN they let shit leak about how they're closing in on their guy and it's just a matter of time till his teams playoffs are over and then he's down on the dotted line. And YET FUCKING AGAIN the dude they said was a pretty much a done deal says'.....NAH! It has to be humiliating for FO cause it's cringy as hell for fans.

    To the FO, if there's a guy you want....stfu until he actually signs. Just stfu. Somebody asks say no fucking comment we talkin to all kinds of nigga's. Next fucking time I hear about the next browns HC it's cause they actually named the next browns HC. Fuck sake...how is Haslam a billionaire? Can somebody esplain that to me? How did this guy make money in the business world yet be this incompetent at basic human resource theory?

    @clevfan4life said:

    What pisses me off about this is that YET AGAIN they let shit leak about how they're closing in on their guy and it's just a matter of time till his teams playoffs are over and then he's down on the dotted line. And YET FUCKING AGAIN the dude they said was a pretty much a done deal says'.....NAH! It has to be humiliating for FO cause it's cringy as hell for fans.

    This right here is why I think I'm so fired up. The whole Chip Kelly saga last year, followed by what I perceived as the FO having to settle for Chud. 11 months later, and the same thing has happened.....again. I guess we're going to have to settle yet again for someone who the FO will then pound their chest for and say" We got the guy we wanted all along", and think that they can keep shoveling horseshit down our throats, while telling us it's caviar.

    Fuck these guys

  • I wasn't crazy about McDaniels simply because I knew he was stepping into a shit hurricane. What pisses me off about this is that YET AGAIN they let shit leak about how they're closing in on their guy and it's just a matter of time till his teams playoffs are over and then he's down on the dotted line. And YET FUCKING AGAIN the dude they said was a pretty much a done deal says'.....NAH! It has to be humiliating for FO cause it's cringy as hell for fans.

    To the FO, if there's a guy you want....stfu until he actually signs. Just stfu. Somebody asks say no fucking comment we talkin to all kinds of nigga's. Next fucking time I hear about the next browns HC it's cause they actually named the next browns HC. Fuck sake...how is Haslam a billionaire? Can somebody esplain that to me? How did this guy make money in the business world yet be this incompetent at basic human resource theory?

    @clevfan4life said:

    I wasn't crazy about McDaniels simply because I knew he was stepping into a shit hurricane. What pisses me off about this is that YET AGAIN they let shit leak about how they're closing in on their guy and it's just a matter of time till his teams playoffs are over and then he's down on the dotted line. And YET FUCKING AGAIN the dude they said was a pretty much a done deal says'.....NAH! It has to be humiliating for FO cause it's cringy as hell for fans.

    To the FO, if there's a guy you want....stfu until he actually signs. Just stfu. Somebody asks say no fucking comment we talkin to all kinds of nigga's. Next fucking time I hear about the next browns HC it's cause they actually named the next browns HC. Fuck sake...how is Haslam a billionaire? Can somebody esplain that to me? How did this guy make money in the business world yet be this incompetent at basic human resource theory?

    I wonder if he earned his $$$ or just fell into Daddys! He sure seems to have a passion for big, costly fast & BAD decisions, doesn't he?

    We'll just have to see what happens next.

    Mike