Skip to content

MMGW

Political Discussion
102 12 4.2k
  • @gftchris said:

    Exactly, more evidence of humans having an impact on the environment, I'm glad you agree.

    Are you stereo typing everyone who doesn't share the world wide hysteria? I've never said that mankind has no effect on whatever difference the co2 level makes.

    I just keep repeating that if it is actually that important to anybody that they should really be vegan and walk wherever they go. Or they should STFU and quit bothering me about it. πŸ˜‰

    WSS

  • Who is bothering you about it?

    No one person is going to make a change. It all has to come from govt and policy makers. But, do to politics and lobby groups mudding the waters and creating confusion among the public, we are still waiting.

  • @gftchris said:

    Exactly, more evidence of humans having an impact on the environment, I'm glad you agree.

    Are you stereo typing everyone who doesn't share the world wide hysteria? I've never said that mankind has no effect on whatever difference the co2 level makes.

    I just keep repeating that if it is actually that important to anybody that they should really be vegan and walk wherever they go. Or they should STFU and quit bothering me about it. πŸ˜‰

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Are you stereo typing everyone who doesn't share the world wide hysteria? I've never said that mankind has no effect on whatever difference the co2 level makes.

    I just keep repeating that if it is actually that important to anybody that they should really be vegan and walk wherever they go. Or they should STFU and quit bothering me about it. πŸ˜‰

    WSS

    Sorry, I thought it was DieHard who posted it. But the point remains, it's because of us humans that we have these issues. And yes, everybody going vegan would have a big impact on it, but it's not exactly likely! Then again, if we start taxing meat from these animals for example to make it difficult to afford, so that less is consumed, eventually the total cow population will decrease and their effect will decrease with it.

    So yes, it's a valid point. But I love a good steak πŸ˜‰

  • @westside-steve said:

    Are you stereo typing everyone who doesn't share the world wide hysteria? I've never said that mankind has no effect on whatever difference the co2 level makes.

    I just keep repeating that if it is actually that important to anybody that they should really be vegan and walk wherever they go. Or they should STFU and quit bothering me about it. πŸ˜‰

    WSS

    Sorry, I thought it was DieHard who posted it. But the point remains, it's because of us humans that we have these issues. And yes, everybody going vegan would have a big impact on it, but it's not exactly likely! Then again, if we start taxing meat from these animals for example to make it difficult to afford, so that less is consumed, eventually the total cow population will decrease and their effect will decrease with it.

    So yes, it's a valid point. But I love a good steak πŸ˜‰

    @gftchris said:

    Sorry, I thought it was DieHard who posted it. But the point remains, it's because of us humans that we have these issues. And yes, everybody going vegan would have a big impact on it, but it's not exactly likely! Then again, if we start taxing meat from these animals for example to make it difficult to afford, so that less is consumed, eventually the total cow population will decrease and their effect will decrease with it.

    So yes, it's a valid point. But I love a good steak πŸ˜‰

    Also, this:

    http://www.skepticalscience.com/methane-and-global-warming.htm

    This may become the stock way to respond to MMGW questions in future - the facts seem to be nicely laid out for us there.

  • So you propose outlawing meet? Or at least forcing the prices so high that none but the richest Americans can afford it? And almost no one in the developing countries, correct?

    I will answer for you of course I don't think you are proposing that and I'm not seriously asking the question.

    As to the question from Woody who is bothering me about it? Well sir I'd say that the people who actually do want to make things like automobile travel and heating and cooling your home and manufacturing the items you want to buy outrageously expensive by piling on the taxes are the people who are bothering me. The people who wanted the United States to sign the Kyoto Accord. Those people woody. Not you, I don't think you take anything seriously beyond calling people idiots.

    WSS

  • So you propose outlawing meet? Or at least forcing the prices so high that none but the richest Americans can afford it? And almost no one in the developing countries, correct?

    I will answer for you of course I don't think you are proposing that and I'm not seriously asking the question.

    As to the question from Woody who is bothering me about it? Well sir I'd say that the people who actually do want to make things like automobile travel and heating and cooling your home and manufacturing the items you want to buy outrageously expensive by piling on the taxes are the people who are bothering me. The people who wanted the United States to sign the Kyoto Accord. Those people woody. Not you, I don't think you take anything seriously beyond calling people idiots.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So you propose outlawing meet? Or at least forcing the prices so high that none but the richest Americans can afford it? And almost no one in the developing countries, correct?

    I will answer for you of course I don't think you are proposing that and I'm not seriously asking the question.

    As to the question from Woody who is bothering me about it? Well sir I'd say that the people who actually do want to make things like automobile travel and heating and cooling your home and manufacturing the items you want to buy outrageously expensive by piling on the taxes are the people who are bothering me. The people who wanted the United States to sign the Kyoto Accord. Those people woody. Not you, I don't think you take anything seriously beyond calling people idiots.

    WSS

    Of course, on the meat thing. But it's indicative - people won't make the necessary changes on their own because there's no incentive to - one person won't make the difference. So it's up to the policy makers to make the decisions en masse.

    To be fair, the person most bothering me about it is cal πŸ˜‰

  • Also you know uni lateral action by the United States doesn't put a dent in whatever problem you guys perceive merely tends to bankrupt us.

    Let us agree that there are a lot of injuries in the NFL. The AFC North has decided that we will no longer tackle our opponents. Who's with me Fellowes?

    WSS

  • Also you know uni lateral action by the United States doesn't put a dent in whatever problem you guys perceive merely tends to bankrupt us.

    Let us agree that there are a lot of injuries in the NFL. The AFC North has decided that we will no longer tackle our opponents. Who's with me Fellowes?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Also you know uni lateral action by the United States doesn't put a dent in whatever problem you guys perceive merely tends to bankrupt us.

    Let us agree that there are a lot of injuries in the NFL. The AFC North has decided that we will no longer tackle our opponents. Who's with me Fellowes?

    WSS

    And that's the kind of defeatist attitude that causes the problems. Sure, if one country, even one as big and developed as the USA, makes the change, the impact is quite small. But if all countries make the change - probably involving ganging up on China and India at some point - then we can start to make progress in reversing the CO2 trend.

    Pick whichever metaphor you like, along the lines of "all journeys start with a single step"

  • So that does kind of make it a de facto dictatorship, right? I mean by forcing people to do what you want through taxation. Kind of rubs human beings the wrong way don't you think? Especially those of us who cling to the fantasy of freedom. Well maybe not us but some of you guys. πŸ™‚

    And that is Cals job...... somebody has to do it. Unfortunately we do not have another Heck whose job it was to defend Obama in each and every instance. Oh well....

    WSS

  • So that does kind of make it a de facto dictatorship, right? I mean by forcing people to do what you want through taxation. Kind of rubs human beings the wrong way don't you think? Especially those of us who cling to the fantasy of freedom. Well maybe not us but some of you guys. πŸ™‚

    And that is Cals job...... somebody has to do it. Unfortunately we do not have another Heck whose job it was to defend Obama in each and every instance. Oh well....

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So that does kind of make it a de facto dictatorship, right? I mean by forcing people to do what you want through taxation. Kind of rubs human beings the wrong way don't you think? Especially those of us who cling to the fantasy of freedom. Well maybe not us but some of you guys. πŸ™‚

    And that is Cals job...... somebody has to do it. Unfortunately we do not have another Heck whose job it was to defend Obama in each and every instance. Oh well....

    WSS

    That's because Obama isn't right in every instance. Nor is David Cameron. So while I'll agree with the general philosophy, I'll disagree with some policies.

    but anyway, yes, the best thing for the people is a benevolent, omniscient dictatorship. Unfortunately we're not smart enough to have someone like that to put in charge, so we go with whoever we think is best. That just happens to change frequently! What we call a democratic government isn't really that, it's democratically elected, then proceeds to tell us what to do. There's no point having a democratic vote on every issue because it's an infeasible system of government.

  • Defeatist? I would say realist. Yes we can certainly punish ourselves in order to punish China and India. You suppose someone else might think to take advantage of that by purchasing all their stuff from them?

    Not to mention that we're talking about guys like you and me and woody and everybody who flatly refuse to take any action until we are forced to by the Great and Powerful Obama.

    But to the journey and the one step gag you are correct. Digging to the Center of the Earth begins with a tablespoon of dirt.

    WSS

  • Why would anyone dig with a tablespoon?

    Also, props to working "The great and powerful Obama" into your last few posts.

    So you propose outlawing meet? Or at least forcing the prices so high that none but the richest Americans can afford it? And almost no one in the developing countries, correct?

    Woooooh broseph, slow down. I don't think he said any of those things. I am not sure why a tax = making it not affordable.

    Those people woody. Not you, I don't think you take anything seriously beyond calling people idiots.

    Oh man, you got me....

  • Why would anyone dig with a tablespoon?

    Also, props to working "The great and powerful Obama" into your last few posts.

    So you propose outlawing meet? Or at least forcing the prices so high that none but the richest Americans can afford it? And almost no one in the developing countries, correct?

    Woooooh broseph, slow down. I don't think he said any of those things. I am not sure why a tax = making it not affordable.

    Those people woody. Not you, I don't think you take anything seriously beyond calling people idiots.

    Oh man, you got me....

    @mld-woody said:

    Why would anyone dig with a tablespoon?

    It's a metaphor

    Woooooh broseph, slow down. I don't think he said any of those things. I am not sure why a tax = making it not affordable.

    He actually answered that question himself in the negative, so I think we can assume it was tongue in cheek.

  • Woodrow asked me who is bothering me about it. The president is one of those people and I think I explained why. Of course Woody is an........

    WSS

  • Hahahah, my bad, he answered it literally the next line, lol. Yep yep yep, my bad.

    I know it is a metaphor, but it is a dumb one. It should be a shovel full or something. Your first dig in wouldn't be a tablespoon

  • Woody must be exhausted by now, with his two sentence, half assed replies. Nappy time woody. Here's your bottle.

  • Woody must be exhausted by now, with his two sentence, half assed replies. Nappy time woody. Here's your bottle.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Woody must be exhausted by now, with his two sentence, half assed replies. Nappy time woody. Here's your bottle.

    Oh my god! So much content! I can't handle it!

    I would never be able to post something that on topic and well thought out!

  • Defeatist? I would say realist. Yes we can certainly punish ourselves in order to punish China and India. You suppose someone else might think to take advantage of that by purchasing all their stuff from them?

    Not to mention that we're talking about guys like you and me and woody and everybody who flatly refuse to take any action until we are forced to by the Great and Powerful Obama.

    But to the journey and the one step gag you are correct. Digging to the Center of the Earth begins with a tablespoon of dirt.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Defeatist? I would say realist. Yes we can certainly punish ourselves in order to punish China and India. You suppose someone else might think to take advantage of that by purchasing all their stuff from them?

    Not to mention that we're talking about guys like you and me and woody and everybody who flatly refuse to take any action until we are forced to by the Great and Powerful Obama.

    But to the journey and the one step gag you are correct. Digging to the Center of the Earth begins with a tablespoon of dirt.

    WSS

    Of course nothing's going to happen overnight, but we need to start somewhere, setting an example. Once the rest of the world is doing its part (in what, 20? 50? years?) then the pressure on the emerging nations to cut back on the emissions and the rest will be great, and we could start taking legal action via the UN. Perhaps a little heavy handed, but perhaps necessary.

  • I think it's very strange, how so many fall in line with the alleged concern over this theory..like certain posters...ahem... believe that mmgw is a

    wonderful do gooder kind of thing, a valiant "save the planet" rally cry that they buy into so fully.

    Meanwhile, it really has huge, underlying ulterior motives driving it. That's why the mmgw boogers

    want do desperately to quelch any and all debate, discussion to the contrary of their theory.

    Because the theory, and acceptance of it, is imperative to accomplish their economic ends. It was

    never about reality of gw, or gc, fluctuations of global climate.

    It is about transferring wealth from those countries who are wealthy, to poor countries...' rulers.

    Extortion racket. Read on, Chris - do you see any poor countries asking wealthy nations

    for millions of trees to plant to combat CO2? Nope. Do you see any countries with vast rainforests...

    stopping the destruction of said rain forests to combat CO2? Nope. Their rainforests are being cut down

    for MONEY. And they can't use tree seedlings for MONEY, so they do not care. Read up on it.

    Seriously, Chris. I am now bothering you, because Steve said I am responsible for saving our planet

    from nonsense......

    *******************************

    UN climate talks fall apart as 132 countries storm out | The Daily Caller
    dailycaller.com/.../epic-fail-un-climate-talks-fall-apart-as-132-countries-s...β€Ž
    Nov 20, 2013 - Poor countries pulled out of the United Nations climate talks during a fight over transferring wealth from richer countries to fight global warming.
    Poor Countries Push Rich Nations To Do More On Climate Change ...
    www.npr.org β€Ί News β€Ί World
    Nov 20, 2013 - Delegates to the U.N. climate change conference in Poland from many of the world's poorer nations are asking wealthier countries to pay ...
    Climate Change Alarm Is A U.N. Extortion Racket - Investors.com
    news.investors.com β€Ί IBD Editorialsβ€Ž
    Nov 21, 2013 - The global warming scare isn't about saving the planet. It's about transferring wealth from rich countries to poor countries and providing jobs ...
    Rich vs. poor: Divide deepens over who should pay for climate change
    www.nbcnews.com/.../rich-vs-poor-divide-deepens-over-who-should-pa...β€Ž
    Nov 20, 2013 - Delegates talk during a break in a plenary session at the 19th conference of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change ...
    U.N. climate change talks: it's really all about the money
    canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/59608β€Ž
    Dec 2, 2013 - U.N. climate change talks: it's really all about the money, economy, finance, ... Delegates from developing countries, such as Ecuador's lead ...