Skip to content

Haslam and Banner Interviewing Ben McAdoo for HC Position

The Browns Board
22 15 1.7k
  • wow, that's the first time i've actually seen banners face and the schmiegel comparison at the bottom there is valid enough to be making me feel somewhat uncomfortable right now. LIke I can see it out of the top of my eyes as I'm writing this but i have to will myself not to look up.....it's more than a little creepy. Glad to be finished typing so I can hit post and get it off my screen.

  • I like the wicked witch. I didn't even notice it was Banner until I read the caption.

  • McAhoo?

  • Great. The Browns' 3 potato heads are interviewing him for head coach, and Miami isn't

    knocking on his door yet, to be their OC.

    Maybe this Browns FO will be down to hs coaches before they find

    somebody who is willing to work near them....

    1. Ben McAdoo a possibility for OC but not yet | Miami Dolphins In Depth
      miamiherald.typepad.com/.../ben-mcadoo-a-possibility-for-oc-but-not-y...‎
      13 hours ago - ... successor started. The name most tied to the vacancy is that of Ben McAdoo, the Green Bay Packers quarterback coach. And while it makes...
  • I like the wicked witch. I didn't even notice it was Banner until I read the caption.

    @browns149 said:

    I like the wicked witch. I didn't even notice it was Banner until I read the caption.

    On behalf of Margaret Hamilton I take umbrage with associating Joe Banner with her image.

    By the way, I saw Margaret Hamilton perform live on stage at the Cleveland Playhouse years ago. Quite a treat.

  • On Browns News Daily, Vic Carucci said that he asked around Berea and he was told basically not to take the interview with McAdoo too seriously.

    Here is what I think the Browns are doing with this interview:

    1) The Browns are looking at college coaches. College coaches will not come into the NFL with a staff in tow, they will need help building one. The interview with McAdoo could be with that in mind, perhaps positioning him as an offensive coordinator.

    2) Smoke & mirrors, we've already seen some of it with the Bob Stoops and Tressel rumors. This could just be another move to throw people off.

    Quite possibly it is both 1 & 2.

  • Being a Browns fan living in Philadelphia, I was disgusted when I read the news that Cleveland acquired Banner.

    He's a bum and cant distinguish a good draft pick or free agent from the hole between his asscrack!!!

    The pictures above give good representation.

  • My opinion is this (from reading a lot of Lane Adkins stuff on the ATI forum):

    This front office doesn't want a strong willed head coach. Part of the reason they fired Chud, is because he wasn't a "yes man" for the things they wanted him to do. Ultimately it would have been better if we'd started Hoyer and cut Little to send a message.

    But no coach that is sought after is going to want to come in as a "yes man". And the "yes man" is going to probably have little to no respect from the players, because he is essentially a "yes man" for a FO that the players distrust and generally hate.

    So we gotta settle for a "yes man" like a young guy who isn't getting a sniff from anyone else, or someone like Wade Phillips.

    This is getting absolutely ridiculous, and Haslam needs to fire Banner now.

    I can deal with Lombardi as long as there is a strong CEO in place to keep him in line.

    @thaak said:

    So we gotta settle for a "yes man" like a young guy who isn't getting a sniff from anyone else, or someone like Wade Phillips.

    jason garrett is the biggest 'yes man' in the NFL right now. and their record shows it.

    i think shanahan is glad to be out from under snyder's 'yes man' regime.

  • Being a Browns fan living in Philadelphia, I was disgusted when I read the news that Cleveland acquired Banner.

    He's a bum and cant distinguish a good draft pick or free agent from the hole between his asscrack!!!

    The pictures above give good representation.

    @monoseptic said:

    Being a Browns fan living in Philadelphia, I was disgusted when I read the news that Cleveland acquired Banner.

    He's a bum and cant distinguish a good draft pick or free agent from the hole between his asscrack!!!

    The pictures above give good representation.

    By all rights, that is not supposed to be his job. That is supposed to be the job of Lombardi and Farmer.

  • Hopefully we will have the Washington Generals on the schedule.

    Even more hopefully we can beat them...

    WSS

  • at this point,just give the job to ignatius coach Chuck Kyle LOL...might as well....