My take on the Head Coach search
-
I really hope we don't have jerry jones 2.0 on our hands. I would still prefer an owner who is too involved than an owner who doesn't give a shit like Lerner. Let's just hope that jimbo gets it right.
-
I really hope we don't have jerry jones 2.0 on our hands. I would still prefer an owner who is too involved than an owner who doesn't give a shit like Lerner. Let's just hope that jimbo gets it right.
I really hope we don't have jerry jones 2.0 on our hands. I would still prefer an owner who is too involved than an owner who doesn't give a shit like Lerner. Let's just hope that jimbo gets it right.
I believe in Haslam, if not Banner/Lombardi. He just needs the right people around him to tell him when to reign it in a bit.
-
I see Haslam, now, as a corporate bigshot who doesn't see people well. I mean, he's hired
bigshots, promoted people, some of whom are the reasons, allegedly, for the FBI investigation.
And one of them said Haslam KNEW what they were doing.
And now, he hires banner and limpbardi ? Knowing that Limpbardi was not liked nor respected
by players and fans the first time he was in Cleveland?
He's now "knee-jerk jimmy" for this firing of Chud fiasco. You would think Haslam would have
learned from his association with the steelers. But he didn't. Fires Chud after one season?
The squeelers never have done that.
This last firing was the final straw for a lot of great future hcs that might have come to the Browns.
Haslam has now stepped in corporate poop up to his neck. It isn't a company that can simply
dump people at Haslam's whim and fancy and pouting. The NFL is a different deal.
Nobody in the NFL, or college ranks, is going to trust this Browns owner and fo. Nobody.
I can't wait til the Browns lose their first game next year, and the fans start chanting "We want
Chud, We want Chud".
Good grief. What a mess.
-
Back to dominance?? r u 75 years old Mike?
Damn near. I'm 67 & the Browns WERE one of the dominant teams in the 50s & 60s......UNTIL Modell. That's when it started downhill. They were also a very entertaining team many years later, but woeful since "the return". It's unfortunate you seem to have no GOOD memories.
Mike...I may be old, but I'm sure as hell not dead!!
Damn near. I'm 67 & the Browns WERE one of the dominant teams in the 50s & 60s......UNTIL Modell. That's when it started downhill. They were also a very entertaining team many years later, but woeful since "the return". It's unfortunate you seem to have no GOOD memories.
Mike...I may be old, but I'm sure as hell not dead!!
Good stuff, Mike.
Anyone that is old enough to have any memories of the Bernie Bernie Dawpound years knows how magical Cleveland is when it has a good football team.
Some might be just old enough to remember the 94 team, and they at least have that.
I really feel bad for the early 30's and under crowd, the poor bastards haven't seen shit, and they are still loyal.
This fanbase is going to EXPLODE if we ever get this thing right.
I live over 1,200 miles from Cleveland and we had over 100 people at our Browns Backer bar when we were 4-5, coming off that win against Baltimore and playing Cincinnati. By the end of the season it was just us 50 or so diehards again, but even that is impressive.
I became a fan at a very young age, and Leroy Kelly and Bill Nelson were still playing. I was a teenager through the Kardiac Kids, and was in my early twenty's partying years through the Dawgpound era.
I was thirty years old when we last won a playoff game in 1994 and now I am going to be fucking 50 this year.
Twenty years with Nothing ... three of them with no damn team.
My hat is off to all Browns fans, especially the old ones that stick with the team and the young ones that have blind faith that has never been rewarded.
Our day is coming. And it is going to be SWEET,
Did you read about the Steeler fan that suing the league because his 8-8 team didn't make the playoffs?
Let's all be glad we aren't Steeler fans. Damn glad
Week 15 ... Browns eliminated from playoffs, five game losing streak, playing the Bears for absolutely nothing ... Steelers clinging to playoff hopes, playing division rival, first place Cincinnati:
Browns Attendance: 71,513
Steelers Attendance: 45,873
Eat a dick, Pittsburgh.

-
@mike-h said:
Could explain why McDaniels wasn't offered the job.
he was offered it, but turned it down.
YEP, that's how bad the state of affairs is in berea right now.
-
Just as an aside for you guys, i'm a supporter of the soccer team that Randy Lerner bought in England - and basically every fan is now calling for a new owner, someone who is interested, turns up to games and will put some money in; and that the reason we can't attract good players is because there's no ambition at the club.
I thought some of you might like the irony in that

-
Just as an aside for you guys, i'm a supporter of the soccer team that Randy Lerner bought in England - and basically every fan is now calling for a new owner, someone who is interested, turns up to games and will put some money in; and that the reason we can't attract good players is because there's no ambition at the club.
I thought some of you might like the irony in that

Just as an aside for you guys, i'm a supporter of the soccer team that Randy Lerner bought in England - and basically every fan is now calling for a new owner, someone who is interested, turns up to games and will put some money in; and that the reason we can't attract good players is because there's no ambition at the club.
I thought some of you might like the irony in that

It is not ironic at all. Why should a leopard change its spots? That said, Randy should have plenty of money now that he sold the Browns.
His problem there may very well be the same as his problem here was: Not being able to find the right person to run his team.
-
Just as an aside for you guys, i'm a supporter of the soccer team that Randy Lerner bought in England - and basically every fan is now calling for a new owner, someone who is interested, turns up to games and will put some money in; and that the reason we can't attract good players is because there's no ambition at the club.
I thought some of you might like the irony in that

Just as an aside for you guys, i'm a supporter of the soccer team that Randy Lerner bought in England - and basically every fan is now calling for a new owner, someone who is interested, turns up to games and will put some money in; and that the reason we can't attract good players is because there's no ambition at the club.
I thought some of you might like the irony in that

Haha, Randy Lerner is a bitch.
-
Just as an aside for you guys, i'm a supporter of the soccer team that Randy Lerner bought in England - and basically every fan is now calling for a new owner, someone who is interested, turns up to games and will put some money in; and that the reason we can't attract good players is because there's no ambition at the club.
I thought some of you might like the irony in that

It is not ironic at all. Why should a leopard change its spots? That said, Randy should have plenty of money now that he sold the Browns.
His problem there may very well be the same as his problem here was: Not being able to find the right person to run his team.
It is not ironic at all. Why should a leopard change its spots? That said, Randy should have plenty of money now that he sold the Browns.
His problem there may very well be the same as his problem here was: Not being able to find the right person to run his team.
I think the big problem he had was the first guy he hired, he signed a load of players for big money on big wages that failed to perform. Since then we've basically been running at a loss and he's reluctant to put much more big money in. Plus there's the nature of the league - there's no parity involved, if you have lots of money, you're free to spend it how you want. He's a billionaire, sure, but only worth a couple of billion. The big kids on the block are worth hundreds of billions (one team is backed by the royal family of abu-dhabi) and think nothing of pumping in half a billion over 2 years.
-
It is not ironic at all. Why should a leopard change its spots? That said, Randy should have plenty of money now that he sold the Browns.
His problem there may very well be the same as his problem here was: Not being able to find the right person to run his team.
I think the big problem he had was the first guy he hired, he signed a load of players for big money on big wages that failed to perform. Since then we've basically been running at a loss and he's reluctant to put much more big money in. Plus there's the nature of the league - there's no parity involved, if you have lots of money, you're free to spend it how you want. He's a billionaire, sure, but only worth a couple of billion. The big kids on the block are worth hundreds of billions (one team is backed by the royal family of abu-dhabi) and think nothing of pumping in half a billion over 2 years.
I think the big problem he had was the first guy he hired, he signed a load of players for big money on big wages that failed to perform. Since then we've basically been running at a loss and he's reluctant to put much more big money in. Plus there's the nature of the league - there's no parity involved, if you have lots of money, you're free to spend it how you want. He's a billionaire, sure, but only worth a couple of billion. The big kids on the block are worth hundreds of billions (one team is backed by the royal family of abu-dhabi) and think nothing of pumping in half a billion over 2 years.
That is how baseball is run here.
To me, if Randy really wanted to get his soccer rocks off....and if he can't really compete in that league over there, then he should invest in the MLS here.....and put a team in Cleveland. He could be a big shot in that league, something he cannot apparently be in England.
-
jay gruden hired by the skins.
-
-
Damn near. I'm 67 & the Browns WERE one of the dominant teams in the 50s & 60s......UNTIL Modell. That's when it started downhill. They were also a very entertaining team many years later, but woeful since "the return". It's unfortunate you seem to have no GOOD memories.
Mike...I may be old, but I'm sure as hell not dead!!
Good stuff, Mike.
Anyone that is old enough to have any memories of the Bernie Bernie Dawpound years knows how magical Cleveland is when it has a good football team.
Some might be just old enough to remember the 94 team, and they at least have that.
I really feel bad for the early 30's and under crowd, the poor bastards haven't seen shit, and they are still loyal.
This fanbase is going to EXPLODE if we ever get this thing right.
I live over 1,200 miles from Cleveland and we had over 100 people at our Browns Backer bar when we were 4-5, coming off that win against Baltimore and playing Cincinnati. By the end of the season it was just us 50 or so diehards again, but even that is impressive.
I became a fan at a very young age, and Leroy Kelly and Bill Nelson were still playing. I was a teenager through the Kardiac Kids, and was in my early twenty's partying years through the Dawgpound era.
I was thirty years old when we last won a playoff game in 1994 and now I am going to be fucking 50 this year.
Twenty years with Nothing ... three of them with no damn team.
My hat is off to all Browns fans, especially the old ones that stick with the team and the young ones that have blind faith that has never been rewarded.
Our day is coming. And it is going to be SWEET,
Did you read about the Steeler fan that suing the league because his 8-8 team didn't make the playoffs?
Let's all be glad we aren't Steeler fans. Damn glad
Week 15 ... Browns eliminated from playoffs, five game losing streak, playing the Bears for absolutely nothing ... Steelers clinging to playoff hopes, playing division rival, first place Cincinnati:
Browns Attendance: 71,513
Steelers Attendance: 45,873
Eat a dick, Pittsburgh.

Zombo said:
Did you read about the Steeler fan that suing the league because his 8-8 team didn't make the playoffs?
Let's all be glad we aren't Steeler fans. Damn glad
Wow that's sad. You can't tell since the court documents are scanned in black and white, but they are probably wrote in crayon.
Good stuff from you too, Zombo.
-
Just as an aside for you guys, i'm a supporter of the soccer team that Randy Lerner bought in England - and basically every fan is now calling for a new owner, someone who is interested, turns up to games and will put some money in; and that the reason we can't attract good players is because there's no ambition at the club.
I thought some of you might like the irony in that

Just as an aside for you guys, i'm a supporter of the soccer team that Randy Lerner bought in England - and basically every fan is now calling for a new owner, someone who is interested, turns up to games and will put some money in; and that the reason we can't attract good players is because there's no ambition at the club.
I thought some of you might like the irony in that

Same with my team Spurs. Seems I can't get away from underachieving teams with questionable owners !
-
-
Just as an aside for you guys, i'm a supporter of the soccer team that Randy Lerner bought in England - and basically every fan is now calling for a new owner, someone who is interested, turns up to games and will put some money in; and that the reason we can't attract good players is because there's no ambition at the club.
I thought some of you might like the irony in that

Same with my team Spurs. Seems I can't get away from underachieving teams with questionable owners !
Same with my team Spurs. Seems I can't get away from underachieving teams with questionable owners !
I'd love for the villa to be as underachieving as spurs. Give it time, and someone that isn't Tim Sherwood as manager, and you lot will be fine.
-
Same with my team Spurs. Seems I can't get away from underachieving teams with questionable owners !
I'd love for the villa to be as underachieving as spurs. Give it time, and someone that isn't Tim Sherwood as manager, and you lot will be fine.
I'd love for the villa to be as underachieving as spurs. Give it time, and someone that isn't Tim Sherwood as manager, and you lot will be fine.
A lot of fans of other teams say that but we've been run like a business for too long, every time we get close we auction off the players to the highest bidder.
Mind you that's probably a discussion for another forum lol
-
I'd love for the villa to be as underachieving as spurs. Give it time, and someone that isn't Tim Sherwood as manager, and you lot will be fine.
A lot of fans of other teams say that but we've been run like a business for too long, every time we get close we auction off the players to the highest bidder.
Mind you that's probably a discussion for another forum lol
A lot of fans of other teams say that but we've been run like a business for too long, every time we get close we auction off the players to the highest bidder.
Mind you that's probably a discussion for another forum lol
Well, if you will support the yids
I do think that selling Bale was the right move, though, AVB just tried to replace him too quickly with too many players that will need time to settle. Lamela already on his way out on loan?It'll be a cold day in hell before Zombo creates a soccer forum on this board!
-
A lot of fans of other teams say that but we've been run like a business for too long, every time we get close we auction off the players to the highest bidder.
Mind you that's probably a discussion for another forum lol
Well, if you will support the yids
I do think that selling Bale was the right move, though, AVB just tried to replace him too quickly with too many players that will need time to settle. Lamela already on his way out on loan?It'll be a cold day in hell before Zombo creates a soccer forum on this board!
Well, if you will support the yids
I do think that selling Bale was the right move, though, AVB just tried to replace him too quickly with too many players that will need time to settle. Lamela already on his way out on loan?It'll be a cold day in hell before Zombo creates a soccer forum on this board!
He has created a soccer thread in the Barber Shop section. So don't be surprised if these posts end up moved over there.
This is, after all a football forum, not a futbol forum.
-
You live in Birmingham Chris?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login