My take on the Head Coach search
-
Oh we gonna hire a coach that's on a team in the playoffs now...that's what they waiting on..if we go two weeks after the super bowl...then we might be looking at WVU coaching staff for this hire
-
I'm beginning to find this "search" amusing...Lombardi (stooge #3) aka Tatoo, saying to Banner (stooge #2) aka "De Boss, with a lisp"........
"De PLAN Boss, De PLAN! What de hell happened to de PLAN?
#2 to #3..."Don't worry Tatoo. After all, this IS Fantasy Island".
FO egos=NFL laughing stocks
Mike
-
Munchak interviewing too
-
I like Whisenhunt, heck, while we're at it we could bring in Kurt Warner to qb coach/mentor either Bridgewater or Johnny Football
I like Whisenhunt, heck, while we're at it we could bring in Kurt Warner to qb coach/mentor either Bridgewater or Johnny Football
i heard he's a hair drop away from signing with detroit.
Oh we gonna hire a coach that's on a team in the playoffs now...that's what they waiting on..if we go two weeks after the super bowl...then we might be looking at WVU coaching staff for this hire
in that case let's start interviewing rob ryan.
dude looks like westside steve from the neck up and i hear he plays a mean guitar.
-
I like Whisenhunt, heck, while we're at it we could bring in Kurt Warner to qb coach/mentor either Bridgewater or Johnny Football
i heard he's a hair drop away from signing with detroit.
Oh we gonna hire a coach that's on a team in the playoffs now...that's what they waiting on..if we go two weeks after the super bowl...then we might be looking at WVU coaching staff for this hire
in that case let's start interviewing rob ryan.
dude looks like westside steve from the neck up and i hear he plays a mean guitar.
-
rob ryan would be solid....
always thought he was underrated, and he's a heck of a lot less obnoxious than rex is
-
I like Whisenhunt, heck, while we're at it we could bring in Kurt Warner to qb coach/mentor either Bridgewater or Johnny Football
Or better yet, Bernie can teach Johnny the Cleveland football way of life.
Or better yet, Bernie can teach Johnny the Cleveland football way of life.
You mean the best way to get shit-faced? How to get over a hangover?
-
Still thinking it's going to be McDaniels... don't care what the speculative media says... After the Browns interview Gase, and get turned down, followed by a firm "hell no" from Malzahn, Jimmy will pony up the big bucks to get #3...
BTW... did anybody see how conservative SD's offense was? Pretty sure the Whiz spent too much time interviewing and not enough time gameplanning last week. Curious when we'll hear which job he accepts...
-
-
-
Still thinking it's going to be McDaniels... don't care what the speculative media says... After the Browns interview Gase, and get turned down, followed by a firm "hell no" from Malzahn, Jimmy will pony up the big bucks to get #3...
BTW... did anybody see how conservative SD's offense was? Pretty sure the Whiz spent too much time interviewing and not enough time gameplanning last week. Curious when we'll hear which job he accepts...
Still thinking it's going to be McDaniels... don't care what the speculative media says... After the Browns interview Gase, and get turned down, followed by a firm "hell no" from Malzahn, Jimmy will pony up the big bucks to get #3...
BTW... did anybody see how conservative SD's offense was? Pretty sure the Whiz spent too much time interviewing and not enough time gameplanning last week. Curious when we'll hear which job he accepts...
You & I are on the same page here.
The first two moves Haslam needs to make are 1) firing Lombardi & 2) keeping Farmer. THEN get somebody other than McDaniels...that guy scares me, but we'll see.
Mike
-
@mike-h said:
I think what you're trying to equate, RG3 + knee injury, is impossible to do when applying as a general assessment of players. Plenty of QBs run like Manziel in the NFL. Look at Kaep or Cam, running around, throwing at the last second before crossing the LOS and taking big hits. Injuries happen, especially to mobile QBs, but they happen to all QBs, I.e. Hoyer.
I've seen Russ take some monster shots. That argument holds little weight with me. To each his own.
Yeah- sure Kapernick is 6'4" 230, Newton is 6'5" 245, and Wilson has been lucky so far. Brees knows how to duck. So you want to compare thrice dinged pipsqueak Manziel to Kap and Newton? RGIII does not have Newton's frame either, and in case you forgot, RGIII already had a serious knee injury in college. Mike Vick used to run, got busted up and is fini. That's some pretty weak shit.
Want to lay me an over under how many games Johnny Football lasts before he lands on IR?
-
-
Back to dominance?? r u 75 years old Mike?
Damn near. I'm 67 & the Browns WERE one of the dominant teams in the 50s & 60s......UNTIL Modell. That's when it started downhill. They were also a very entertaining team many years later, but woeful since "the return". It's unfortunate you seem to have no GOOD memories.
Mike...I may be old, but I'm sure as hell not dead!!
@mike-h said:
Read something that said Haslam was taking the "lead" in the coaching search. Jimmy's getting a little handsy...
Yup... Could it be we have the AFC's Jerry Jones on our hands?
Damn near. I'm 67...
Wow... there's someone 10% older than me here? Someone I get to call "Sir"?

-
Redskins didn't waste any time..
Nope.. as was pointed out on NFL Live the other day, it's not just a race for the HC's... it's a race for the entire staff.
@mike-h said:
I think Dan Quinn is the darkhorse. Just a gut feeling. Guy is pretty intense I've heard, and his defense is ridiculous. Don't forget he was D coordinator at Florida, when their D was actually good. If it does end up being him, I wonder who he would bring in as O/C.
Would have to be s great offensive mind if the HC is a defensive type.
I'm warming to Quinn more and more every time I see Seattle's D throttle another opponent. Partly due to my defensive bias...
My guess would be that his Base Offense would be a conservative, Seattle-style, Balanced one.
Gifted DC's are very effective at using their expertise to help their OC's game plan... identify weaknesses to exploit and then let the OC flesh out the details. Seems to be the way that Bill B. operates... Ditto for Pete Carroll...
Yeah- sure Kapernick is 6'4" 230, Newton is 6'5" 245, and Wilson has been lucky so far. Brees knows how to duck.
More than size, it's wisdom. Disagree that Wilson has been lucky... he's a very smart runner. He's also fairly "thick"; he's not a "small guy"... he's just short.
It's not whether or or not a QB on the run is going to get into a big hit situation, they all will. It's the frequency of those situations... and right now Manziel's frequency is as high as RG3's was his rookie year.
Also it seemed to me that Manziel took more hits as a sophomore than he did as a Freshman. Why? I think because A&M was more dependent on him to be competitive in his year 2 than they were when he was a Frosh. I shudder to think of the pounding he'll take trying to propel the Browns (or any other bottom feeder) into the playoffs.
Rob Ryan would be a total disaster here...No thanks!
Agree... He can be my DC anyday, but I just do not see him as a HC.
-
Dan Quinn as HC with Norv as OC I could get on board with.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login