Skip to content

Must Sign FA

The Browns Board
26 19 1.2k
  • I think Tate will want too much money.

    I'm of the opinion of drafting a running back. Good ones are too common.

    @bbedward said:

    I think Tate will want too much money.

    I'm of the opinion of drafting a running back. Good ones are too common.

    Not to mention you get the freshest set of legs that way. No need to sign one in FA. We should go after OL, CB and maybe a slot receiver in free agency (while drafting WR2 to go with Flash).

  • Other than collect a big paycheck what FA. RB has changed teams and put forth a solid year and don't say Reggie Bush.

  • My Top Five in no particular order (since the Browns could afford 3 or 4 easily)

    Eric Decker

    Jon Asamoah

    Brandon Spikes

    Sam Shields

    John Kuhn

  • I'm not a fan of signing Tate. Would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think he's worth the money he'll be asking for. I'd love to see Decker here (would rather overpay for a WR than a RB). Asamoah would be a great pickup as well.

  • My Top Five in no particular order (since the Browns could afford 3 or 4 easily)

    Eric Decker

    Jon Asamoah

    Brandon Spikes

    Sam Shields

    John Kuhn

    @mdmusch said:

    My Top Five in no particular order (since the Browns could afford 3 or 4 easily)

    Eric Decker

    Jon Asamoah

    Brandon Spikes

    Sam Shields

    John Kuhn

    Everyone keeps listing Eric Decker and John Kuhn but in all likelihood they will be resigned by their current teams.

  • RB Toby Gerhart. As good as Tate and you can get him cheaper.

  • Can someone explain to me why any talented free agents would voluntarily come to Cleveland right now?

  • Probably right about Kuhn, however with Thomas, Thomas, and Welker the Broncos will probably let Decker test FA. Thomas will probably get a large Top 5 WR contract soon and Peyton has a large number.

    All signs point to Decker being available.

  • Can someone explain to me why any talented free agents would voluntarily come to Cleveland right now?

    @vaportrail said:

    Can someone explain to me why any talented free agents would voluntarily come to Cleveland right now?

    Exactly my question.

    Mike

  • Bring in Tim Tebow Draft Johnny Football and go to camp with Hoyer, Tebow and Johnny B Good.

    Could you imagine the media circus.

    I saw this piece on Tebow the other day, I'd give the kid a chance.

  • Can someone explain to me why any talented free agents would voluntarily come to Cleveland right now?

    @vaportrail said:

    Can someone explain to me why any talented free agents would voluntarily come to Cleveland right now?

    Only for the money...........need to get a coach first and worry about getting players second. We don't even know what kind of offense or

    defense we'll be trying to be mediocre at.

  • 1. Mack

    2. Ward

    3. Asamoah

    A lot of scratch needed to sign those three.

    Draft a RB - no need to spend big coin to attract a back with mileage on his wheels. Not a Tate fan (I like my players to actually participate on the field). Gerhart is a poor-man's Peyton Hillis - no thanks.

    Save the rest of the funds to re-sign most of the 2015 free agents - Haden, Rubin, Cameron, Skrine, Taylor, Sheard, Gipson. Lots of cash will be needed to keep 3-4 of those guys.

  • Can someone explain to me why any talented free agents would voluntarily come to Cleveland right now?

    @vaportrail said:

    Can someone explain to me why any talented free agents would voluntarily come to Cleveland right now?

    @canton-mike said:

    Exactly my question.

    Mike

    Simple guys- because we're going to have to overpay to get them to come here. Like Kruger?

  • @vaportrail said:

    Can someone explain to me why any talented free agents would voluntarily come to Cleveland right now?

    @canton-mike said:

    Exactly my question.

    Mike

    Simple guys- because we're going to have to overpay to get them to come here. Like Kruger?

    @hoorta said:

    Simple guys- because we're going to have to overpay to get them to come here. Like Kruger?

    We'll see. I look at it more like, "Do I REALLY want to be linked with the BROWNS?" Pride/embarassment in who you work for can sometimes overcome money. Especially when a GOOD organization will pay you very well & maybe get you a ring. The current Browns have no selling points.

    I think that's the point Vapor & I were attempting to make....not that we were asking a question

    Mike.

  • Can someone explain to me why any talented free agents would voluntarily come to Cleveland right now?

    @vaportrail said:

    Can someone explain to me why any talented free agents would voluntarily come to Cleveland right now?

    Well, the city is awesome, lots to do. The people are positive and do not complain. The weather is great. And we have a loyal owner that believes in keeping people around. Why wouldn't you want to play here?

  • Asamoah would be an awesome addition, let's make it happen

  • @vaportrail said:

    Can someone explain to me why any talented free agents would voluntarily come to Cleveland right now?

    @canton-mike said:

    Exactly my question.

    Mike

    Simple guys- because we're going to have to overpay to get them to come here. Like Kruger?

    @hoorta said:

    Simple guys- because we're going to have to overpay to get them to come here. Like Kruger?

    Sorry Hoorta, you are not going to have to pay shit.

  • Bring in Tim Tebow Draft Johnny Football and go to camp with Hoyer, Tebow and Johnny B Good.

    Could you imagine the media circus.

    I saw this piece on Tebow the other day, I'd give the kid a chance.

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Bring in Tim Tebow Draft Johnny Football and go to camp with Hoyer, Tebow and Johnny B Good.

    Could you imagine the media circus.

    I saw this piece on Tebow the other day, I'd give the kid a chance.

    Tebow is a fag that covers it up with Jesus.

  • @vaportrail said:

    Can someone explain to me why any talented free agents would voluntarily come to Cleveland right now?

    @canton-mike said:

    Exactly my question.

    Mike

    Simple guys- because we're going to have to overpay to get them to come here. Like Kruger?

    @hoorta said:

    That, sir, is the essence of free agency. If you are good enough to move from your team you probably feel as though you've been underpaid and now want what is rightfully yours.

    WSS

    Simple guys- because we're going to have to overpay to get them to come here. Like Kruger?

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    Bring in Tim Tebow Draft Johnny Football and go to camp with Hoyer, Tebow and Johnny B Good.

    Could you imagine the media circus.

    I saw this piece on Tebow the other day, I'd give the kid a chance.

    Tebow is a fag that covers it up with Jesus.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Tebow is a fag that covers it up with Jesus.

    I've never heard the guy speak before (I try to avoid it), but he actually does sound quite camp. Still, I don't think it has much bearing on the guy's ability to play.