McDaniels Withdraws From Coaching Candidacy
-
Of course, but Banner is Haslams man. Duh.
-
I think Gruden or Cowher would be good choices!! LOLOLOLO
-
what this means is that he wasn't nailed down before the Chud firing, which makes the Chud firing that much more unacceptable. So it's just like last season now...they get turned down by their "guy", than hire the first guy that says yes?
wtf is going on in Cleveland guys? I mean seriously...at this point you have to wonder if they're trying to shitcan the organization. There is now zero excuse for firing a 1 year coach. At the very least Chud was a guy who had a history with the Browns and someone who grew up rooting for the Browns. That was a guy who would have stayed here for a long time and really tried to build something. This is shit now. This really is shit. My one holdout on the Chud firing was that they had their guy lying in wait. There is simply no excuse now for what's going on. Lombardi has to go.
No kidding, it is for this reason that I've lost all faith in this FO. How could they not have someone lined up before firing Chud, and not realize that by firing him they would make the job less attractive to potential candidates? I think their best shot at this point is with a college coach who isn't as wired-in to the negativity surrounding the Browns or for a coordinator desperate for a shot at HC, which means it won't be some of the highly-touted coordinators out there.
Wouldn't it be funny if they named Norv Turner an interim head coach? I wouldn't hate it, honestly. I'd like to see what he can do with a real QB and RB.
Wouldn't it be funny if they named Norv Turner an interim head coach? I wouldn't hate it, honestly. I'd like to see what he can do with a real QB and RB.
where's turner gonna find either one on the browns roster?
like he didn't have that with rivers and tomlinson?
i hope you are joking.
-
This just proves NO ONE wants to work for Banner. I hope Haslem is taking notes and gets rid of Banner ASAP.
Why would anyone want to be the coach here, when they have NO power at all. Banner didn't even let Chud hire his own assistants.
-
Sadly, if McDaniels' withdrawal is true (I didn't want him anyway), that leaves Haslams' FO the laughing stock of the NFL with practically ZERO credibility. Without firing both Banner & Lombardi immediately, it will take some lucky hiring (HC AND Assistants), a GREAT FA period & draft, and at least ONE playoff year to regain any sense of credibility & respect for Haslam.
Jimmy, you're old enough to know "Perception is reality" & perception of you & your FO can't get much more negative. It's indeed unfortunate that you lacked the foresight to see this coming. MOST unfortunate is what you've done to the greatest Fans in the NFL. I DO have one favor to ask....When you hire the next HC, make sure it's a good one & then let him COACH HIS way!
Excuse me, I must go order my 3 stooges T-shirt now.
Mike
-
Why would anyone want that epic failure as our HC? I am so glad he withdrew. I don't believe for one minute he was the choice.
-
Apparently I'm a little late to order a 3 stooges T shirt. If anyone knows how I can get one, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mike
-
What a shit-show. I didn't want McDaniels anyway, but it is never a good look when people are turning down being considered for the job. No one with any credible head coaching experience is going to be interested in working under this FO. Maybe Banner should just coach the team if he thinks he knows so fucking much. The Browns are turning into the new Raiders right in front of our eyes.
-
Apparently I'm a little late to order a 3 stooges T shirt. If anyone knows how I can get one, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mike
Apparently I'm a little late to order a 3 stooges T shirt. If anyone knows how I can get one, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mike
Here you go
-
Apparently I'm a little late to order a 3 stooges T shirt. If anyone knows how I can get one, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mike
Here you go
Thanks. I had looked at that link before AND again after reading your reply, but can't order through them. I wonder if copyright problems caused them to cease sales.
Mike
-
Thanks. I had looked at that link before AND again after reading your reply, but can't order through them. I wonder if copyright problems caused them to cease sales.
Mike
Thanks. I had looked at that link before AND again after reading your reply, but can't order through them. I wonder if copyright problems caused them to cease sales.
Mike
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................
-
Apparently there's more to it :
This is right post: #patriots mcdaniels bows out when told not #browns frontrunner, league source says http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/01/patriots_oc_josh_mcdaniels_too.html …
-
This has nothing to do with it.
I agree. I told you guys weeks ago what I think the problem is. Nobody, and I mean nobody, that has any other options wants to work under the thumb of Joe Banner.
WSS
I agree. I told you guys weeks ago what I think the problem is. Nobody, and I mean nobody, that has any other options wants to work under the thumb of Joe Banner.
WSS
I don't know enough about Banner to comment on this, Brother Steve.
However, I can tell you that Belichick considers 'stability and quality of ownership' to be paramount when choosing a HC positions.
Few remember - or admit - that Belichick was in front of the curtain while the entire Browns organization was going down the toilet - just a few feet behind the curtin.
That is why he resigned from the Jets just 24 hours after being named HC by Parcells - he didn't feel comfortable working for an organization headed by Woody Johnson - just after living through the Art Model disaster with the Browns.
In many ways, IMHO, this is why he and Mangini had such a personal issue. Mangini, not only left Belichick, he left for an intra-divisional rival headed by the lousy ownership of Wood Johnson.
After being a HC at Denver, I don't buy McDaniel was 'not ready' to make the next step. He was already there but the current Browns FO didn't look all that appealing to him.
I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up with another team on the sidelines on Sunday afternoon next season. Just not with the Browns FO.
Any way, I didn't want McDaniel to be hired by the Browns. This is ironic because the way it appears to have happened is that he walked away from Cleveland, not vice versa.
Not good either way on this one
However, I do consider it a knock on the Browns organization. Why would McDaniel REALLY walk away (and into another HC position this year or next??)
-
This has nothing to do with it.
I agree. I told you guys weeks ago what I think the problem is. Nobody, and I mean nobody, that has any other options wants to work under the thumb of Joe Banner.
WSS
I agree. I told you guys weeks ago what I think the problem is. Nobody, and I mean nobody, that has any other options wants to work under the thumb of Joe Banner.
WSS
But there are only 32 of these jobs in the entire world blah blah blah blah.
I can't believe people have already forgotten about how this works when it's happened to us in 2011 under Holmgren and 2013.
-
This is a different slant to the story... take it for what it's worth:
Patriots OC Josh McDaniels took himself out of running for Cleveland Browns job when told he wasn't frontrunner, source says
By Mary Kay Cabot, Northeast Ohio Media Group
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels took himself out of the running for the Browns job when he was told he wasn't the frontrunner, a league source told cleveland.com.
McDaniels asked the Browns if he was No. 1 on their list, and was told no, the source said. It's not uncommon for coaches to take themselves out of contention when they're not sure they're going to get the job.
The Browns told McDaniels, 37, that they were conducting an exhaustive search and that they planned to continue to the process. It's one that could ultimately include former head coaches, current college coaches and more NFL assistants.
On Wednesday, the Browns interviewed Packers quarterbacks coach Ben McAdoo for the job in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
NFL Network's Albert Breer reported that McDaniels took himself off the list because he loves his position with the Patriots and also didn't want to uproot his wife and four children again.
The Browns met with McDaniels, a Canton native, for about eight hours on Saturday, and the meeting apparently went well. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that a person who knows McDaniels told him the coach had an "awesome'' meeting with the Browns and a "great'' conversation with Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, but that he felt it wasn't the right time to make a move.
Another source told Schefter that the Browns found McDaniels more likable than they expected and Sports Illustrated's Peter King tweeted that Browns owner Jimmy Haslam "loved him.''
McDaniels, who's long been on the radar of Browns general manager Mike Lombardi, is preparing the Patriots for their meeting against the Colts Saturday night in the divisional playoffs. In his first head coach job, he went 11-17 in Denver, including 5-17 in his final 22 games.
He's one of four NFL assistants the Browns have interviewed. The others are Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles and McAdoo. The Browns have also requested permission to talk to Vanderbilt coach James Franklin, and are reportedly interested in Auburn coach Gus Malzahn, who lost to Florida State in the BCS national championship game Monday night.
The Browns have also received permission to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, but he's declined overtures from the Browns and Vikings until the Broncos are out of the playoffs. The Broncos will face the Chargers Sunday in Denver.
“I told both teams that were interested in me that I appreciated it and I was going to wait until after our season had concluded,'' he said. "They were great about it. They said they appreciated me being upfront and honest about it, and I thought that was the best decision for what we are trying to accomplish with our team.”
Gase said if he decides to interview, it's because he feels prepared for the job.
“If it comes down to it, where I actually do get a chance to interview for it—I wouldn’t interview if I didn’t think I was ready for that role. But right now I have tofocus on what we’re doing for the playoffs and it’s a one-game elimination tournament and I have to make sure my role is prepared for.”
Gase, 35, was the first candidate that surfaced the day after the Browns fired Rob Chudzinski.
-
ProFootballTalk is reporting that McDaniels withdrew his name because he was told he was not the front-runner. If this is true, it makes me feel better about the situation. It by no means gives me more faith in our FO, but sounds better than McDaniels not wanting to work for the stooges.
-
I feel better as well of McD was not there first choice. As I have said before and many before me, if out FO can't land there man, it says a lot and they are probably holding out for Gase then or another corridnayor they haven't been able to get to.
This also gives us a glimpse into the NFL and the politics within. McD knows that if he is not the first choice, he might as well move on and not waste time and effort on something that is not going to happen.
-
Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.
Well, fuck me running
-
Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.
Well, fuck me running
Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.
Well, fuck me running
Did you not read anything else in this thread. Reports have come out that MickeyD was not there first choice. Now we have two options. Either believe that or don't believe it. Since MickeyD is saying he was told that he was not the the Browns first choice, he withdrew, therefor I shall believe what is being reported as legit.
Let me also ask, is it possible to have more than one top choice? It's plausible IMO. I see where they could have 2 or 3 at the max that could be a top shelf coach. Will we ever kmow ALL the truths, absolutely not, but our ultimate faith has to be in Haslam, not banner or Lombardi, it has to be Haslam and I believe that Haslam wants to turn this ship around and won't full around with BANLO for too long if they screw this team up.
-
Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.
Well, fuck me running
Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.
Well, fuck me running
1) told you so
2) Yes, fuck you running
2a) told you so.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login