Skip to content

McDaniels Withdraws From Coaching Candidacy

The Browns Board
65 30 3.2k
  • ProFootballTalk is reporting that McDaniels withdrew his name because he was told he was not the front-runner. If this is true, it makes me feel better about the situation. It by no means gives me more faith in our FO, but sounds better than McDaniels not wanting to work for the stooges.

  • I feel better as well of McD was not there first choice. As I have said before and many before me, if out FO can't land there man, it says a lot and they are probably holding out for Gase then or another corridnayor they haven't been able to get to.

    This also gives us a glimpse into the NFL and the politics within. McD knows that if he is not the first choice, he might as well move on and not waste time and effort on something that is not going to happen.

  • Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.

    Well, fuck me running

  • Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.

    Well, fuck me running

    @d-bone said:

    Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.

    Well, fuck me running

    Did you not read anything else in this thread. Reports have come out that MickeyD was not there first choice. Now we have two options. Either believe that or don't believe it. Since MickeyD is saying he was told that he was not the the Browns first choice, he withdrew, therefor I shall believe what is being reported as legit.

    Let me also ask, is it possible to have more than one top choice? It's plausible IMO. I see where they could have 2 or 3 at the max that could be a top shelf coach. Will we ever kmow ALL the truths, absolutely not, but our ultimate faith has to be in Haslam, not banner or Lombardi, it has to be Haslam and I believe that Haslam wants to turn this ship around and won't full around with BANLO for too long if they screw this team up.

  • Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.

    Well, fuck me running

    @d-bone said:

    Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.

    Well, fuck me running

    1) told you so

    2) Yes, fuck you running

    2a) told you so.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    what this means is that he wasn't nailed down before the Chud firing, which makes the Chud firing that much more unacceptable. So it's just like last season now...they get turned down by their "guy", than hire the first guy that says yes?

    wtf is going on in Cleveland guys? I mean seriously...at this point you have to wonder if they're trying to shitcan the organization. There is now zero excuse for firing a 1 year coach. At the very least Chud was a guy who had a history with the Browns and someone who grew up rooting for the Browns. That was a guy who would have stayed here for a long time and really tried to build something. This is shit now. This really is shit. My one holdout on the Chud firing was that they had their guy lying in wait. There is simply no excuse now for what's going on. Lombardi has to go.

    No kidding, it is for this reason that I've lost all faith in this FO. How could they not have someone lined up before firing Chud, and not realize that by firing him they would make the job less attractive to potential candidates? I think their best shot at this point is with a college coach who isn't as wired-in to the negativity surrounding the Browns or for a coordinator desperate for a shot at HC, which means it won't be some of the highly-touted coordinators out there.

    Wouldn't it be funny if they named Norv Turner an interim head coach? I wouldn't hate it, honestly. I'd like to see what he can do with a real QB and RB.

    @osiris said:

    No kidding, it is for this reason that I've lost all faith in this FO. How could they not have someone lined up before firing Chud, and not realize that by firing him they would make the job less attractive to potential candidates? I think their best shot at this point is with a college coach who isn't as wired-in to the negativity surrounding the Browns or for a coordinator desperate for a shot at HC, which means it won't be some of the highly-touted coordinators out there.

    Wouldn't it be funny if they named Norv Turner an interim head coach? I wouldn't hate it, honestly. I'd like to see what he can do with a real QB and RB.

    AT this point I woulnd't mind them naming Norv as interim. At least it would be on record he's the interim and if he got a good enough season out of the team next year maybe they make it permanent...I dunno. What I do know is that it's better than spending the next couple months begging high school JV coaches.

  • @d-bone said:

    Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.

    Well, fuck me running

    1) told you so

    2) Yes, fuck you running

    2a) told you so.

    @clevfan4life said:

    1) told you so

    2) Yes, fuck you running

    2a) told you so.

    Fuck you. Yea, I came here to say what I thought was wrong, because I man up. What do you do? Well, this little smart ass answer tells all of us what type of pussy you are. I'm sure you're the type of pussy that plays the knockout out game. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit, no one here likes you.

  • @d-bone said:

    Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.

    Well, fuck me running

    Did you not read anything else in this thread. Reports have come out that MickeyD was not there first choice. Now we have two options. Either believe that or don't believe it. Since MickeyD is saying he was told that he was not the the Browns first choice, he withdrew, therefor I shall believe what is being reported as legit.

    Let me also ask, is it possible to have more than one top choice? It's plausible IMO. I see where they could have 2 or 3 at the max that could be a top shelf coach. Will we ever kmow ALL the truths, absolutely not, but our ultimate faith has to be in Haslam, not banner or Lombardi, it has to be Haslam and I believe that Haslam wants to turn this ship around and won't full around with BANLO for too long if they screw this team up.

    @brownskidd said:

    Did you not read anything else in this thread. Reports have come out that MickeyD was not there first choice. Now we have two options. Either believe that or don't believe it. Since MickeyD is saying he was told that he was not the the Browns first choice, he withdrew, therefor I shall believe what is being reported as legit.

    Let me also ask, is it possible to have more than one top choice? It's plausible IMO. I see where they could have 2 or 3 at the max that could be a top shelf coach. Will we ever kmow ALL the truths, absolutely not, but our ultimate faith has to be in Haslam, not banner or Lombardi, it has to be Haslam and I believe that Haslam wants to turn this ship around and won't full around with BANLO for too long if they screw this team up.

    Yea, I read it. Its's just starting to sink into me that these guys are in fact as inept as most say they are. I was holding out hope, but it looks like I was wrong.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    1) told you so

    2) Yes, fuck you running

    2a) told you so.

    Fuck you. Yea, I came here to say what I thought was wrong, because I man up. What do you do? Well, this little smart ass answer tells all of us what type of pussy you are. I'm sure you're the type of pussy that plays the knockout out game. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit, no one here likes you.

    @d-bone said:

    Fuck you. Yea, I came here to say what I thought was wrong, because I man up. What do you do? Well, this little smart ass answer tells all of us what type of pussy you are. I'm sure you're the type of pussy that plays the knockout out game. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit, no one here likes you.

    1) Please tell me how telling you "i told you so" translates into me knocking out random people on the street? That's logic i'm dyin to hear.

    2) calm your mantits it was a joke

    2a) Told you so about the whole Chud firing.

  • @d-bone said:

    Fuck you. Yea, I came here to say what I thought was wrong, because I man up. What do you do? Well, this little smart ass answer tells all of us what type of pussy you are. I'm sure you're the type of pussy that plays the knockout out game. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit, no one here likes you.

    1) Please tell me how telling you "i told you so" translates into me knocking out random people on the street? That's logic i'm dyin to hear.

    2) calm your mantits it was a joke

    2a) Told you so about the whole Chud firing.

    @clevfan4life said:

    2) calm your mantits it was a joke

    2a) Told you so about the whole Chud firing.

    Better. Now that was actually funny. Yes you did.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    2) calm your mantits it was a joke

    2a) Told you so about the whole Chud firing.

    Better. Now that was actually funny. Yes you did.

    @d-bone said:

    Better. Now that was actually funny. Yes you did.

    I'm always funny.

  • @mike-h said:

    If their "guy" is Gase and we have to wait until the Broncos get eliminated, we could be sitting here talking the same shit for a month.

    The fun thoughts just keep on coming. If they hire Gase and draft Manziel, that will just about put a fork in me.

  • Im convinced,despite the team lease at FES . there is a conspiracy to move the team to LA...kiss football in cleveland goodbye!

  • Im convinced,despite the team lease at FES . there is a conspiracy to move the team to LA...kiss football in cleveland goodbye!

    @nickers said:

    Im convinced,despite the team lease at FES . there is a conspiracy to move the team to LA...kiss football in cleveland goodbye!

    It wouldn't shock me to be honest, it really wouldn't.

  • @mike-h said:

    How much money did they just put into FES, Nickers?

    Maybe it was an elaborate SMOKESCREEN, and Jimmy Haslam is Art Modell's blood brother from summer camp, here to turn the knife deeper into our backs?

    He dont care,it's all a tax write off...I'm almost to the point Ive exausted any hope for this futile franchise of poop....Im tired of watching the constant circle jerking and embarrassment.

  • @mike-h said:

    How much money did they just put into FES, Nickers?

    Maybe it was an elaborate SMOKESCREEN, and Jimmy Haslam is Art Modell's blood brother from summer camp, here to turn the knife deeper into our backs?

    He dont care,it's all a tax write off...I'm almost to the point Ive exausted any hope for this futile franchise of poop....Im tired of watching the constant circle jerking and embarrassment.

    @nickers said:

    He dont care,it's all a tax write off...I'm almost to the point Ive exausted any hope for this futile franchise of poop....Im tired of watching the constant circle jerking and embarrassment.

    you'll be here with us like you have every year come kickoff next year, don't kid yourself. you should know. you ARE a brown's fan. just wait until the hirings happen, the draft and FA signings happen. our monitors might all explode from the uproar raging on this place.

    that's why i feel sorry for anyone anywhere that tries to fuck with a brown's fan, there's a hidden 'hulk' hidden underneath all of us.

  • @d-bone said:

    Better. Now that was actually funny. Yes you did.

    I'm always funny.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I'm always funny.

    now that's funny!

  • Im convinced,despite the team lease at FES . there is a conspiracy to move the team to LA...kiss football in cleveland goodbye!

    @nickers said:

    Im convinced,despite the team lease at FES . there is a conspiracy to move the team to LA...kiss football in cleveland goodbye!

    @nickers said:

    He dont care,it's all a tax write off...I'm almost to the point Ive exausted any hope for this futile franchise of poop....Im tired of watching the constant circle jerking and embarrassment.

    Haslam can't move the team- at least not for many years. there's a "specific performance" clause in the Browns contract with the city- and Haslam can't break it- short of selling off Pilot to pay the penalty that's involved. In fact, if Haslam wants to have the city fork over money to help out in stadium renovations, he's going to have to agree to extending terms of the current lease.

  • @nickers said:

    Im convinced,despite the team lease at FES . there is a conspiracy to move the team to LA...kiss football in cleveland goodbye!

    @nickers said:

    He dont care,it's all a tax write off...I'm almost to the point Ive exausted any hope for this futile franchise of poop....Im tired of watching the constant circle jerking and embarrassment.

    Haslam can't move the team- at least not for many years. there's a "specific performance" clause in the Browns contract with the city- and Haslam can't break it- short of selling off Pilot to pay the penalty that's involved. In fact, if Haslam wants to have the city fork over money to help out in stadium renovations, he's going to have to agree to extending terms of the current lease.

    @hoorta said:

    Haslam can't move the team- at least not for many years. there's a "specific performance" clause in the Browns contract with the city- and Haslam can't break it- short of selling off Pilot to pay the penalty that's involved. In fact, if Haslam wants to have the city fork over money to help out in stadium renovations, he's going to have to agree to extending terms of the current lease.

    Based on his performance so far..Im not one bit impressed.

  • @hoorta said:

    Haslam can't move the team- at least not for many years. there's a "specific performance" clause in the Browns contract with the city- and Haslam can't break it- short of selling off Pilot to pay the penalty that's involved. In fact, if Haslam wants to have the city fork over money to help out in stadium renovations, he's going to have to agree to extending terms of the current lease.

    Based on his performance so far..Im not one bit impressed.

    @nickers said:

    Based on his performance so far..Im not one bit impressed.

    really- based on performance, who the hell is? "Specific Performance " means a little different though. It means you must "perform" @ First Energy or pay a forfeiture fee- it's huge. So huge, you'd be out of your mind to pay the penalty for not doing so. In common parlance it's called a poison pill.