Skip to content

McDaniels Withdraws From Coaching Candidacy

The Browns Board
65 30 3.2k
  • @d-bone said:

    Wow... Well now any remaining hope I had in the FO has just vanished. I thought for sure that McDaniels was their guy (not mine, but I didn't hate him like some) and they fired Chud knowing full well that JM was their next coach. Turns out they're fucking idiots. Great.

    Well, fuck me running

    Did you not read anything else in this thread. Reports have come out that MickeyD was not there first choice. Now we have two options. Either believe that or don't believe it. Since MickeyD is saying he was told that he was not the the Browns first choice, he withdrew, therefor I shall believe what is being reported as legit.

    Let me also ask, is it possible to have more than one top choice? It's plausible IMO. I see where they could have 2 or 3 at the max that could be a top shelf coach. Will we ever kmow ALL the truths, absolutely not, but our ultimate faith has to be in Haslam, not banner or Lombardi, it has to be Haslam and I believe that Haslam wants to turn this ship around and won't full around with BANLO for too long if they screw this team up.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @brownskidd said:

    Did you not read anything else in this thread. Reports have come out that MickeyD was not there first choice. Now we have two options. Either believe that or don't believe it. Since MickeyD is saying he was told that he was not the the Browns first choice, he withdrew, therefor I shall believe what is being reported as legit.

    Let me also ask, is it possible to have more than one top choice? It's plausible IMO. I see where they could have 2 or 3 at the max that could be a top shelf coach. Will we ever kmow ALL the truths, absolutely not, but our ultimate faith has to be in Haslam, not banner or Lombardi, it has to be Haslam and I believe that Haslam wants to turn this ship around and won't full around with BANLO for too long if they screw this team up.

    Yea, I read it. Its's just starting to sink into me that these guys are in fact as inept as most say they are. I was holding out hope, but it looks like I was wrong.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    1) told you so

    2) Yes, fuck you running

    2a) told you so.

    Fuck you. Yea, I came here to say what I thought was wrong, because I man up. What do you do? Well, this little smart ass answer tells all of us what type of pussy you are. I'm sure you're the type of pussy that plays the knockout out game. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit, no one here likes you.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @d-bone said:

    Fuck you. Yea, I came here to say what I thought was wrong, because I man up. What do you do? Well, this little smart ass answer tells all of us what type of pussy you are. I'm sure you're the type of pussy that plays the knockout out game. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit, no one here likes you.

    1) Please tell me how telling you "i told you so" translates into me knocking out random people on the street? That's logic i'm dyin to hear.

    2) calm your mantits it was a joke

    2a) Told you so about the whole Chud firing.

  • @d-bone said:

    Fuck you. Yea, I came here to say what I thought was wrong, because I man up. What do you do? Well, this little smart ass answer tells all of us what type of pussy you are. I'm sure you're the type of pussy that plays the knockout out game. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit, no one here likes you.

    1) Please tell me how telling you "i told you so" translates into me knocking out random people on the street? That's logic i'm dyin to hear.

    2) calm your mantits it was a joke

    2a) Told you so about the whole Chud firing.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @clevfan4life said:

    2) calm your mantits it was a joke

    2a) Told you so about the whole Chud firing.

    Better. Now that was actually funny. Yes you did.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    2) calm your mantits it was a joke

    2a) Told you so about the whole Chud firing.

    Better. Now that was actually funny. Yes you did.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @d-bone said:

    Better. Now that was actually funny. Yes you did.

    I'm always funny.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @mike-h said:

    If their "guy" is Gase and we have to wait until the Broncos get eliminated, we could be sitting here talking the same shit for a month.

    The fun thoughts just keep on coming. If they hire Gase and draft Manziel, that will just about put a fork in me.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Im convinced,despite the team lease at FES . there is a conspiracy to move the team to LA...kiss football in cleveland goodbye!

  • Im convinced,despite the team lease at FES . there is a conspiracy to move the team to LA...kiss football in cleveland goodbye!

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @nickers said:

    Im convinced,despite the team lease at FES . there is a conspiracy to move the team to LA...kiss football in cleveland goodbye!

    It wouldn't shock me to be honest, it really wouldn't.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @mike-h said:

    How much money did they just put into FES, Nickers?

    Maybe it was an elaborate SMOKESCREEN, and Jimmy Haslam is Art Modell's blood brother from summer camp, here to turn the knife deeper into our backs?

    He dont care,it's all a tax write off...I'm almost to the point Ive exausted any hope for this futile franchise of poop....Im tired of watching the constant circle jerking and embarrassment.

  • @mike-h said:

    How much money did they just put into FES, Nickers?

    Maybe it was an elaborate SMOKESCREEN, and Jimmy Haslam is Art Modell's blood brother from summer camp, here to turn the knife deeper into our backs?

    He dont care,it's all a tax write off...I'm almost to the point Ive exausted any hope for this futile franchise of poop....Im tired of watching the constant circle jerking and embarrassment.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @nickers said:

    He dont care,it's all a tax write off...I'm almost to the point Ive exausted any hope for this futile franchise of poop....Im tired of watching the constant circle jerking and embarrassment.

    you'll be here with us like you have every year come kickoff next year, don't kid yourself. you should know. you ARE a brown's fan. just wait until the hirings happen, the draft and FA signings happen. our monitors might all explode from the uproar raging on this place.

    that's why i feel sorry for anyone anywhere that tries to fuck with a brown's fan, there's a hidden 'hulk' hidden underneath all of us.

  • @d-bone said:

    Better. Now that was actually funny. Yes you did.

    I'm always funny.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @clevfan4life said:

    I'm always funny.

    now that's funny!

  • Im convinced,despite the team lease at FES . there is a conspiracy to move the team to LA...kiss football in cleveland goodbye!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #50

    @nickers said:

    Im convinced,despite the team lease at FES . there is a conspiracy to move the team to LA...kiss football in cleveland goodbye!

    @nickers said:

    He dont care,it's all a tax write off...I'm almost to the point Ive exausted any hope for this futile franchise of poop....Im tired of watching the constant circle jerking and embarrassment.

    Haslam can't move the team- at least not for many years. there's a "specific performance" clause in the Browns contract with the city- and Haslam can't break it- short of selling off Pilot to pay the penalty that's involved. In fact, if Haslam wants to have the city fork over money to help out in stadium renovations, he's going to have to agree to extending terms of the current lease.

  • @nickers said:

    Im convinced,despite the team lease at FES . there is a conspiracy to move the team to LA...kiss football in cleveland goodbye!

    @nickers said:

    He dont care,it's all a tax write off...I'm almost to the point Ive exausted any hope for this futile franchise of poop....Im tired of watching the constant circle jerking and embarrassment.

    Haslam can't move the team- at least not for many years. there's a "specific performance" clause in the Browns contract with the city- and Haslam can't break it- short of selling off Pilot to pay the penalty that's involved. In fact, if Haslam wants to have the city fork over money to help out in stadium renovations, he's going to have to agree to extending terms of the current lease.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @hoorta said:

    Haslam can't move the team- at least not for many years. there's a "specific performance" clause in the Browns contract with the city- and Haslam can't break it- short of selling off Pilot to pay the penalty that's involved. In fact, if Haslam wants to have the city fork over money to help out in stadium renovations, he's going to have to agree to extending terms of the current lease.

    Based on his performance so far..Im not one bit impressed.

  • @hoorta said:

    Haslam can't move the team- at least not for many years. there's a "specific performance" clause in the Browns contract with the city- and Haslam can't break it- short of selling off Pilot to pay the penalty that's involved. In fact, if Haslam wants to have the city fork over money to help out in stadium renovations, he's going to have to agree to extending terms of the current lease.

    Based on his performance so far..Im not one bit impressed.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @nickers said:

    Based on his performance so far..Im not one bit impressed.

    really- based on performance, who the hell is? "Specific Performance " means a little different though. It means you must "perform" @ First Energy or pay a forfeiture fee- it's huge. So huge, you'd be out of your mind to pay the penalty for not doing so. In common parlance it's called a poison pill.

  • @nickers said:

    Based on his performance so far..Im not one bit impressed.

    really- based on performance, who the hell is? "Specific Performance " means a little different though. It means you must "perform" @ First Energy or pay a forfeiture fee- it's huge. So huge, you'd be out of your mind to pay the penalty for not doing so. In common parlance it's called a poison pill.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @hoorta said:

    really- based on performance, who the hell is? "Specific Performance " means a little different though. It means you must "perform" @ First Energy or pay a forfeiture fee- it's huge. So huge, you'd be out of your mind to pay the penalty for not doing so. In common parlance it's called a poison pill.

    Contracts and leases were made to be broken and If money is involved..(and we all know it is) if the NFL thinks it benificial they will relocate the browns for greener pastures and more lucrative dollars in LA,Or whereever they feel the best climate helps them. And yes Haslam's performance as an owner has knee jerk and cause for concern..

    Nothing would surprise Me of a "buyout Allowing Haslam to move..they made cossessions twice for the late Al Davis. you better believe theres a loophole somewhere..I hope it never comes to that...but 20 years of football futility isnt helping and so far...neither is Haslam.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #54

    I don't think Cleveland will move. Jacksonville, Buffalo even San Diego might. I'd say the odds are highly against a move for the Browns.

  • @mike-h said:

    If their "guy" is Gase and we have to wait until the Broncos get eliminated, we could be sitting here talking the same shit for a month.

    The fun thoughts just keep on coming. If they hire Gase and draft Manziel, that will just about put a fork in me.

    Cbus BrownieC Cbus Brownie wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @d-bone said:

    The fun thoughts just keep on coming. If they hire Gase and draft Manziel, that will just about put a fork in me.

    Same paddleless boat D Bone. I held out hope, against my gut, that this FO actually had someone lined up. Reality has now sunk in, they're going to settle for sloppy 5ths....again this year. Unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat I've officially thrown in the towel on this FO. They are as inept as I feared. Lombardi and Banner need to be fired.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Why is anybody upset? McDaniels sucks this is a great thing.

  • Why is anybody upset? McDaniels sucks this is a great thing.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @bbedward said:

    Why is anybody upset? McDaniels sucks this is a great thing.

    I guess we were hoping the stooges had a plan, and as bad as McDaniels is, if they had that much faith in him, it would make firing Chud more reasonable. Now that McD has shoved that back in their face, we know the stooges are, well stooges. They have no fuckin clue who to go after, and have made Browns Head Coach the most undesirable job in football.
  • @bbedward said:

    Why is anybody upset? McDaniels sucks this is a great thing.

    I guess we were hoping the stooges had a plan, and as bad as McDaniels is, if they had that much faith in him, it would make firing Chud more reasonable. Now that McD has shoved that back in their face, we know the stooges are, well stooges. They have no fuckin clue who to go after, and have made Browns Head Coach the most undesirable job in football.
    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #58

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    I guess we were hoping the stooges had a plan, and as bad as McDaniels is, if they had that much faith in him, it would make firing Chud more reasonable. Now that McD has shoved that back in their face, we know the stooges are, well stooges. They have no fuckin clue who to go after, and have made Browns Head Coach the most undesirable job in football.

    Maybe they had a plan all along that was better all along?

    Let's wait until they hire someone worthless before criticizing them.

    Maybe the Browns are less desirable, but it's still a desirable job itself.

  • @d-bone said:

    The fun thoughts just keep on coming. If they hire Gase and draft Manziel, that will just about put a fork in me.

    Same paddleless boat D Bone. I held out hope, against my gut, that this FO actually had someone lined up. Reality has now sunk in, they're going to settle for sloppy 5ths....again this year. Unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat I've officially thrown in the towel on this FO. They are as inept as I feared. Lombardi and Banner need to be fired.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @cbus-brownie said:

    Same paddleless boat D Bone. I held out hope, against my gut, that this FO actually had someone lined up. Reality has now sunk in, they're going to settle for sloppy 5ths....again this year. Unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat I've officially thrown in the towel on this FO. They are as inept as I feared. Lombardi and Banner need to be fired.

    Yep it completely sucks. What little hope I had, was just sucked out of me once the realization set in that I was wrong in thinking these idiots actually had a plan before firing Chud, The hole we are looks deeper to me than ever before..........I guess I'm just late to the party.