Skip to content

wonder where A&M WR Evans may go?

The Browns Board
26 15 1.1k
  • i've watched him live for the past two years, while i do think he'll be a good reciever, he's not that great at running routes, i've seen him give up on plays and not make a second effort to get open when johnny scrambled (more this year than last) and he relies too much on pushing off of corners and safeties. he has consistant hands and size and a great jump ball ability but he needs to mature emotionally and sharpen his routes cause he'll get flagged for pass interference in the nfl if he continues to push off of defenders. I'd love to have him but not in the first round when better prospect are available. Gig 'em

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @big-g said:

    i've watched him live for the past two years, while i do think he'll be a good reciever, he's not that great at running routes, i've seen him give up on plays and not make a second effort to get open when johnny scrambled (more this year than last) and he relies too much on pushing off of corners and safeties. he has consistant hands and size and a great jump ball ability but he needs to mature emotionally and sharpen his routes cause he'll get flagged for pass interference in the nfl if he continues to push off of defenders. I'd love to have him but not in the first round when better prospect are available. Gig 'em

    Yeah, Evans is touted as the #2 receiver in this draft, but I sure don't see it.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Trade back into the top half of the first round by trading up from pick that we'll get from the Colts and then a bunch of other picks and pick up Watkins at 4 and the Evans at 15...

    Go into the season with Hoyer throwing to Gordon, Watkins, Evans and Cameron. Maybe we could get Hyde in the second round?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Check out the various mock drafts to get at least a bit of an idea of how he stacks up.

    So? What? Does anyone want the Texas A&M dynamic duo? Take Manziel at #4 then Evans with 1B? I guess we could do worse.

    that's a dream scenario for me.
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #13

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    that's a dream scenario for me.

    just like weeden and blackmon were too.

  • J jeffinwv wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Mr. miktoxic,are you telling me you have the same dream over n over???lol

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #15

    i don't dream because i don't sleep.

    unless this is all a dream and i don't know.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    that's a dream scenario for me.

    just like weeden and blackmon were too.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @miktoxic said:

    just like weeden and blackmon were too.

    I wanted nothing to do with the 30 year old ginger and I actually broke a window when they picked him because the damn remote took a wicked bounce off the recliner when I launched it. It took everything I had to not put it through the tv screen.
  • J jeffinwv wrote on last edited by
    #17

    You wernt the only one

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #18

    add me to that list.

    wanted blackmon though. too bad the kid can't get his shit together.

  • i've watched him live for the past two years, while i do think he'll be a good reciever, he's not that great at running routes, i've seen him give up on plays and not make a second effort to get open when johnny scrambled (more this year than last) and he relies too much on pushing off of corners and safeties. he has consistant hands and size and a great jump ball ability but he needs to mature emotionally and sharpen his routes cause he'll get flagged for pass interference in the nfl if he continues to push off of defenders. I'd love to have him but not in the first round when better prospect are available. Gig 'em

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @big-g said:

    i've watched him live for the past two years, while i do think he'll be a good reciever, he's not that great at running routes, i've seen him give up on plays and not make a second effort to get open when johnny scrambled (more this year than last) and he relies too much on pushing off of corners and safeties. he has consistant hands and size and a great jump ball ability but he needs to mature emotionally and sharpen his routes cause he'll get flagged for pass interference in the nfl if he continues to push off of defenders. I'd love to have him but not in the first round when better prospect are available. Gig 'em

    Good assessment. I've wondered about his agility. The combine may be very revealing... if he goes...

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    ... I actually broke a window when they picked him because the damn remote took a wicked bounce off the recliner when I launched it. It took everything I had to not put it through the tv screen.

    lol... You chose wisely...

  • @miktoxic said:

    just like weeden and blackmon were too.

    I wanted nothing to do with the 30 year old ginger and I actually broke a window when they picked him because the damn remote took a wicked bounce off the recliner when I launched it. It took everything I had to not put it through the tv screen.
    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #20

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    I wanted nothing to do with the 30 year old ginger and I actually broke a window when they picked him because the damn remote took a wicked bounce off the recliner when I launched it. It took everything I had to not put it through the tv screen.

    I remember being excited that Riley Reiff was still on the board. Of course they'll select the BPA at an area of need, not a 29 year old qb that could be had in the 2nd/3rd round. When I heard them call Brandon weedens name I was sick to my stomach, it ruined the whole night for me.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    I wanted nothing to do with the 30 year old ginger and I actually broke a window when they picked him because the damn remote took a wicked bounce off the recliner when I launched it. It took everything I had to not put it through the tv screen.

    I remember being excited that Riley Reiff was still on the board. Of course they'll select the BPA at an area of need, not a 29 year old qb that could be had in the 2nd/3rd round. When I heard them call Brandon weedens name I was sick to my stomach, it ruined the whole night for me.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @roycerolls said:

    I remember being excited that Riley Reiff was still on the board. Of course they'll select the BPA at an area of need, not a 29 year old qb that could be had in the 2nd/3rd round. When I heard them call Brandon weedens name I was sick to my stomach, it ruined the whole night for me.

    LOL... if it helps I took Riley at #22 in the "Official Browns Board" Mock.... and was immediately blasted for it...

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22682&page=2&do=findComment&comment=284767

  • @roycerolls said:

    I remember being excited that Riley Reiff was still on the board. Of course they'll select the BPA at an area of need, not a 29 year old qb that could be had in the 2nd/3rd round. When I heard them call Brandon weedens name I was sick to my stomach, it ruined the whole night for me.

    LOL... if it helps I took Riley at #22 in the "Official Browns Board" Mock.... and was immediately blasted for it...

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22682&page=2&do=findComment&comment=284767

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    LOL... if it helps I took Riley at #22 in the "Official Browns Board" Mock.... and was immediately blasted for it...

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22682&page=2&do=findComment&comment=284767

    Good call, I wish the browns had as much sense. Reiff and Randall would have been much better than weeden and Schwartz, although i do like Schwartz.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Wow, exactly what I wanted. I was screaming for RG3 no lie, and I did want Richardson over Blackmon, but with our second first I wanted an Olineman. Didn't care between all the guys that dropped, Reiff, Glenn, or DeCastro.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #24

    What does everyone think of Carlos Hyde in the second round?

  • What does everyone think of Carlos Hyde in the second round?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #25

    @kosar_for_president said:

    What does everyone think of Carlos Hyde in the second round?

    Early 2nd? No...

    Late 2nd is where I might start getting interested in Carlos...

    I'm still looking forward to seeing his Combine preformance. Particularly his agility drill results...

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I like Carlos; would prefer the third though.