Dream Scenerio
-
Why anyone is even considering wanting the Browns to draft anyone but a QB in the top 5 is beyond me... Johnny Football is worth the risk if he can become our franchise QB... Until we solve the QB issue nothing else really matters... It is fun to look at depth charts of our front 7 and red zone mismatches of sammy watkins josh gordon and jordon cameron...but this is all mute if we do not have a championship level quarterback.
Lets take a look at this years First Team All Pro Team
QB - Peyton Manning***
RB - LeSean McCoy, Jamaal Charles
FB- Mike Tolbert
TE- Jimmy Graham
WR- Calvin Johnson, Josh Gordon
T- Joe Thomas, Jason Peters
G- Louis Vasquez*, Evan Mathis
C- Ryan Kalil
DE- JJ Watt, Robert Quinn
DT- Gerald Mccoy, Ndamukong Suh
OLB- Robert Mathis, Lavonte David
ILB- Luke Kuechly, NaVorro Bowman*
CB- Richard Sherman*, Patrick Peterson
S Earl Thomas*, Eric Berry
PK - Justin Tucker
P- Johnny Hekker
KR- Cordarrelle Patterson
Out of the 27 players recognized only Peyton Manning has a super bowl ring...
and the only other offensive player still in the playoffs is a guard who protects...Peyton Manning.
On defense you have players who will represent the NFC in the superbowl,but the point is this...
Since 1999 the Browns have had the opportunity to draft in the Top 10 11 times , only once have the Browns drafted a QB in that time...Tim Couch (who is arguably THE BEST QB the Browns have had to date) The other 10 have been picks spent on addressing "other needs"
Case closed,
GET A CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL QUARTERBACK
We have a good QB on the roster in Hoyer. In at least some peoples opinions ( mine included for what its worth) Manziel and others are not elite QBs worthy of a top 5 pick. Add to that the fact a QB doesn't have to be top 10 to be successful (Wilson, Foles, Capernick). I don't want a QB in this draft in the top 5 picks.
We have a good QB on the roster in Hoyer. In at least some peoples opinions ( mine included for what its worth) Manziel and others are not elite QBs worthy of a top 5 pick. Add to that the fact a QB doesn't have to be top 10 to be successful (Wilson, Foles, Capernick). I don't want a QB in this draft in the top 5 picks.
I like Hoyer, quick release, smart, rallies the players, but I do not think we know exactly what we have in him yet.. I do not think anyone can say he is a franshise QB as much as I think you can't say he isn't one. My point is that until you know...you keep increasing your odds of finding one by bringing in QBs with that potential (Hoyer would be included in that)
-
Let's get this clear: If you knew Nick Foles was gonna be that good (I did), you draft him #4 overall without a moment's hesitation. Ditto Russell Wilson (I thought he was too short, so it's a wash). Both teams had their presumed starter in place, the Eagles even more than the Seahawks.
Point: You don't draft a quarterback in the third round assuming he's going to play like a high 1st rounder. It's a happy accident, or value you couldn't pass up.
You didn't know. You guessed. You just happened to be correct.
Nobody knows, or else they'd be raking in a cool 10 million a year.
You know what's a valued attribute? Modesty. I've been right far more often than I've been wrong, but I don't find ways to interject that into posts unless forced.
Come on Shep. I like you. You're one of the good ones. You're better than that.
But I agree. You don't take a presumed starter in the third. You take a guy in the third because the value is great, regardless of who is already on the roster. Going into a draft aiming to draft your franchise guy in the third or later is a recipe for disaster.
You didn't know. You guessed. You just happened to be correct.
Nobody knows, or else they'd be raking in a cool 10 million a year.
You know what's a valued attribute? Modesty. I've been right far more often than I've been wrong, but I don't find ways to interject that into posts unless forced.
Come on Shep. I like you. You're one of the good ones. You're better than that.
But I agree. You don't take a presumed starter in the third. You take a guy in the third because the value is great, regardless of who is already on the roster. Going into a draft aiming to draft your franchise guy in the third or later is a recipe for disaster.
You are both right. I don't think you take a presumed starter in the 3rd round. I agree you take a value pick as a project and hope for the best. That is exactly what I would advocate in this draft based on my assessment (right or wrong) that none of the projected top 3 QBs are elite talents.
-
... Being openly gay.
Would be a media hype like non-other. Would make sense that would be the spark theBrowns ralley around.
-
Let's get this clear: If you knew Nick Foles was gonna be that good (I did), you draft him #4 overall without a moment's hesitation. Ditto Russell Wilson (I thought he was too short, so it's a wash). Both teams had their presumed starter in place, the Eagles even more than the Seahawks.
Point: You don't draft a quarterback in the third round assuming he's going to play like a high 1st rounder. It's a happy accident, or value you couldn't pass up.
That is precisely why the Browns drafted Colt McCoy, they thought he was a value they couldn't pass up in the third round. It was worth a shot. Predictably it didn't work out for the Browns.
Actually, what I would like to see Sunday is for Colin Kaepernick to get hurt early in the game......and then see the 49ers have to be guided in the NFC conference championship game by Colt McCoy.
That is precisely why the Browns drafted Colt McCoy, they thought he was a value they couldn't pass up in the third round. It was worth a shot. Predictably it didn't work out for the Browns.
Actually, what I would like to see Sunday is for Colin Kaepernick to get hurt early in the game......and then see the 49ers have to be guided in the NFC conference championship game by Colt McCoy.
Colt McCoy 15 of 21 for 245 yrds and a Td. Including going 4-4 on the game winning drive capping it off with a 15 yrd TD scamper on 4th and goal where he hurrdles Earl Thomas at the goalline helicoptering with an outstretched arm gets the ball just inside the pileon.
-
That is precisely why the Browns drafted Colt McCoy, they thought he was a value they couldn't pass up in the third round. It was worth a shot. Predictably it didn't work out for the Browns.
Actually, what I would like to see Sunday is for Colin Kaepernick to get hurt early in the game......and then see the 49ers have to be guided in the NFC conference championship game by Colt McCoy.
Colt McCoy 15 of 21 for 245 yrds and a Td. Including going 4-4 on the game winning drive capping it off with a 15 yrd TD scamper on 4th and goal where he hurrdles Earl Thomas at the goalline helicoptering with an outstretched arm gets the ball just inside the pileon.
Colt McCoy 15 of 21 for 245 yrds and a Td. Including going 4-4 on the game winning drive capping it off with a 15 yrd TD scamper on 4th and goal where he hurrdles Earl Thomas at the goalline helicoptering with an outstretched arm gets the ball just inside the pileon.
Somehow I don't think I will hold my breath waiting for that to happen.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login