Skip to content

Pick ten

The Browns Board
17 10 644
  • Yep and having a roster thats 20% rookies sounds like a recipe for success.....

  • Yep and the roster the way it has been has been a real success!!!!!!!!

  • Another 4-12 season 5-11 season 4-12 season.WHY? Bad tallent evaulaters? Bad decisions from the FO ? Bad trades on Draft day?Bad coaching ? Only a few good players? No depth on the roster? Every year the FO decides to trade picks up down back and forth and for what? Trying to outsmart other teams by trading multiple picks hasn't worked real well. Draft the 10 best prospects available with each pick .This team has plenty of holes.Fill the roster with quality not quantity.A roster filled with bad FA signings and undrafted FA aren't going to win a lot of games.

    @7moses7 said:

    Another 4-12 season 5-11 season 4-12 season.WHY? Bad tallent evaulaters? Bad decisions from the FO ? Bad trades on Draft day?Bad coaching ? Only a few good players? No depth on the roster? Every year the FO decides to trade picks up down back and forth and for what? Trying to outsmart other teams by trading multiple picks hasn't worked real well. Draft the 10 best prospects available with each pick .This team has plenty of holes.Fill the roster with quality not quantity.A roster filled with bad FA signings and undrafted FA aren't going to win a lot of games.

    MY 2 main reasons for this mess are these\

    Bad front offices picking the players, and inexperienced head coaching

  • I think ownership has played a major role...

    I think Holmgren, Heckert and Company knew they were on the clock in 2012... that ownership was going to change soon... that their owner was going to be gone... possibly by year's end. And so would they be.... unless they won enough to make the playoffs in 2012.

    I think this made them panic.

    It's the only way I can explain the pitiful 2012 draft with not one, but two overreaches in Round 1. The rest of their drafts were damn near masterful.

    Only other thing I can fault them for (and it's not an insignificant finding) is their HC decision. Can't be sure, but I feel this was more Holmgren than Heckert.

    Right now I feel like I would like Heckert back... DUI and all...

  • I think ownership has played a major role...

    I think Holmgren, Heckert and Company knew they were on the clock in 2012... that ownership was going to change soon... that their owner was going to be gone... possibly by year's end. And so would they be.... unless they won enough to make the playoffs in 2012.

    I think this made them panic.

    It's the only way I can explain the pitiful 2012 draft with not one, but two overreaches in Round 1. The rest of their drafts were damn near masterful.

    Only other thing I can fault them for (and it's not an insignificant finding) is their HC decision. Can't be sure, but I feel this was more Holmgren than Heckert.

    Right now I feel like I would like Heckert back... DUI and all...

    @tour2ma said:

    I think ownership has played a major role...

    I think Holmgren, Heckert and Company knew they were on the clock in 2012... that ownership was going to change soon... that their owner was going to be gone... possibly by year's end. And so would they be.... unless they won enough to make the playoffs in 2012.

    I think this made them panic.

    It's the only way I can explain the pitiful 2012 draft with not one, but two overreaches in Round 1. The rest of their drafts were damn near masterful.

    Only other thing I can fault them for (and it's not an insignificant finding) is their HC decision. Can't be sure, but I feel this was more Holmgren than Heckert.

    Right now I feel like I would like Heckert back... DUI and all...

    x100000000 on Heckert
  • @mike-h said:

    2nd youngest roster in NFL, and you want to abandon the young guys they already have for 10 new young guys with no NFL experience. I really wonder sometimes.

    Never said to abandon the youny guys. Just need to weed out the unproductive ones and the ones with little to no upside and there are more than 10 of those on this roster.

  • @mike-h said:

    2nd youngest roster in NFL, and you want to abandon the young guys they already have for 10 new young guys with no NFL experience. I really wonder sometimes.

    Never said to abandon the youny guys. Just need to weed out the unproductive ones and the ones with little to no upside and there are more than 10 of those on this roster.

    @7moses7 said:

    Never said to abandon the youny guys. Just need to weed out the unproductive ones and the ones with little to no upside and there are more than 10 of those on this roster.

    Weeden, Bess, Campbell, Magahee, here's 4 name 6 more should be pretty easy just didn't feel like burning anymore brain cells

  • @mike-h said:

    2nd youngest roster in NFL, and you want to abandon the young guys they already have for 10 new young guys with no NFL experience. I really wonder sometimes.

    we don't need a 3 year plan. This is the NFL, where teams go from 2-14 to playoff tams

  • @mike-h said:

    2nd youngest roster in NFL, and you want to abandon the young guys they already have for 10 new young guys with no NFL experience. I really wonder sometimes.

    we don't need a 3 year plan. This is the NFL, where teams go from 2-14 to playoff tams

    @browns149 said:

    we don't need a 3 year plan. This is the NFL, where teams go from 2-14 to playoff tams

    The Texans can do that. If the browns go 8-8 that is about the equivalent right?

  • No QB no playoffs. Pick your favorite and do what you need to obtain him. I think we should package later picks to get back in the second round for another pick, if we dont trade up in the first.

  • @browns149 said:

    we don't need a 3 year plan. This is the NFL, where teams go from 2-14 to playoff tams

    The Texans can do that. If the browns go 8-8 that is about the equivalent right?

    @cdl15 said:

    The Texans can do that. If the browns go 8-8 that is about the equivalent right?

    A Browns fan in his mid-20s (too young to remember much before the move) has seen 77 Browns wins in his lifetime. Right now I'd settle for a Week 17 game that mattered.

  • I don't get the OP. We need quality, not quantity, so use all of our picks? I assumed the conclusion you were coming to was to package lower picks to move up to add quality, not just use all of our picks.

  • Think I agree with the OP, whose to say likes of Haden re sign next year? Keep picking the best players you can.

  • Think I agree with the OP, whose to say likes of Haden re sign next year? Keep picking the best players you can.

    @londonbrown said:

    Think I agree with the OP, whose to say likes of Haden re sign next year? Keep picking the best players you can.

    This is why you get them tied down now, then you can concentrate on adding quality.

  • pick the best players, but if you are afraid that someone will jump up and grab that guy on your board in the 3rd, trade one of your later round picks to get him.

    i'm just not selling the farm to get a QB @ (4, 5 or 6?...i don't even know where we pick i'm so confused with all this shit). i think if we're at 4 bortles will fall to us that or carr with our 2nd first round pick. whoever drops to our first pick will be a game changer no matter what position it is.

    now if haslam pulls out a master hand and hires manzahl, then there's no doubt we should do what it takes to get manziel BUT anyone of those guys under another chud is just a wasted pick IMO.