Skip to content

Candidates for Browns HC have been calling Chud, he's been honest

The Browns Board
32 18 1.8k
  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Gossip.

    Gossip that isn't hard to believe. You think they wouldn't call the last guy to have the job? Especially with the odd firing after one year with the gig. It seems like they had all their eggs in the McDaniel's basket and now they are scrambling. Meanwhile, Houston and Tampa have locked up decent to great hires. What a clusterfuck

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #6

    @bonedawg said:

    Gossip that isn't hard to believe. You think they wouldn't call the last guy to have the job? Especially with the odd firing after one year with the gig. It seems like they had all their eggs in the McDaniel's basket and now they are scrambling. Meanwhile, Houston and Tampa have locked up decent to great hires. What a clusterfuck

    Yup... it's not like he has to do anything except answer questions such as:

    • Did anyone in the FO try to interfere with your management of the team? Of individual players?
    • Did anyone in the FO indicate they were tanking the season?
    • Is the FO all on the same page?
    • How hands on is Haslam?

    I seriously doubt that the answers will help us recruit quality individuals.

    While I believe that Chud has the good sense to not embellish the truth, I think he's honest enough to tell it unvarnished.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #7

    wouldn't you call chud to ask?

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Looks like we're going to settle for Gase. You know him, he's the guy our FO thinks is fully responsible for developing Peyton Manning into the QB he is today. I am absolutely sick about where this team is, and where it's going. I see nothing more than years of bad football ahead, along with us being the butt of everyone's joke.

  • C Cielo wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I have a feeling this bathroom graffiti I just discovered is going to be updated.

    AQZQaME.png

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #10

    They should honestly go ahead and hire Bernie fuckin' Kosar as head coach. Despite the many knocks on him the man knows football

  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I dont think its gossip. If you were able to get the inside scoop on a company before an interview your damn right you'll make that call.

  • Looks like we're going to settle for Gase. You know him, he's the guy our FO thinks is fully responsible for developing Peyton Manning into the QB he is today. I am absolutely sick about where this team is, and where it's going. I see nothing more than years of bad football ahead, along with us being the butt of everyone's joke.

    K kbndawg wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @d-bone said:

    Looks like we're going to settle for Gase. You know him, he's the guy our FO thinks is fully responsible for developing Peyton Manning into the QB he is today. I am absolutely sick about where this team is, and where it's going. I see nothing more than years of bad football ahead, along with us being the butt of everyone's joke.

    That's pretty much where we have been for a long time.

  • Looks like we're going to settle for Gase. You know him, he's the guy our FO thinks is fully responsible for developing Peyton Manning into the QB he is today. I am absolutely sick about where this team is, and where it's going. I see nothing more than years of bad football ahead, along with us being the butt of everyone's joke.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @d-bone said:

    Looks like we're going to settle for Gase. You know him, he's the guy our FO thinks is fully responsible for developing Peyton Manning into the QB he is today. I am absolutely sick about where this team is, and where it's going. I see nothing more than years of bad football ahead, along with us being the butt of everyone's joke.

    hey if hes learned how Manning does what he does then we could do worse.
  • I dont think its gossip. If you were able to get the inside scoop on a company before an interview your damn right you'll make that call.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @erie-dawg said:

    I dont think its gossip. If you were able to get the inside scoop on a company before an interview your damn right you'll make that call.

    I doubt that the Browns are going to pay Chud 10,000,000 dollars to speak evil of them, just sayin.

  • @erie-dawg said:

    I dont think its gossip. If you were able to get the inside scoop on a company before an interview your damn right you'll make that call.

    I doubt that the Browns are going to pay Chud 10,000,000 dollars to speak evil of them, just sayin.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I doubt that the Browns are going to pay Chud 10,000,000 dollars to speak evil of them, just sayin.

    I believe you are correct. Coaches contracts have payment clauses that can void their remaining payments if they say anything derogatory. Have you ever heard a fired coach say anything bad about the team that just let them go? I can't recall any coach ever saying anything.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I doubt that the Browns are going to pay Chud 10,000,000 dollars to speak evil of them, just sayin.

    I believe you are correct. Coaches contracts have payment clauses that can void their remaining payments if they say anything derogatory. Have you ever heard a fired coach say anything bad about the team that just let them go? I can't recall any coach ever saying anything.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @topdawg31 said:

    I believe you are correct. Coaches contracts have payment clauses that can void their remaining payments if they say anything derogatory. Have you ever heard a fired coach say anything bad about the team that just let them go? I can't recall any coach ever saying anything.

    (publicly...)
  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #17

    ^^Yes^^

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I doubt that the Browns are going to pay Chud 10,000,000 dollars to speak evil of them, just sayin.

    I believe you are correct. Coaches contracts have payment clauses that can void their remaining payments if they say anything derogatory. Have you ever heard a fired coach say anything bad about the team that just let them go? I can't recall any coach ever saying anything.

    LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @topdawg31 said:

    I believe you are correct. Coaches contracts have payment clauses that can void their remaining payments if they say anything derogatory. Have you ever heard a fired coach say anything bad about the team that just let them go? I can't recall any coach ever saying anything.

    Shanahan was singing praises for the Redskins.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    I believe you are correct. Coaches contracts have payment clauses that can void their remaining payments if they say anything derogatory. Have you ever heard a fired coach say anything bad about the team that just let them go? I can't recall any coach ever saying anything.

    Shanahan was singing praises for the Redskins.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @lbc-mike said:

    Shanahan was singing praises for the Redskins.

    His contract ran out didn't it?

  • @topdawg31 said:

    I believe you are correct. Coaches contracts have payment clauses that can void their remaining payments if they say anything derogatory. Have you ever heard a fired coach say anything bad about the team that just let them go? I can't recall any coach ever saying anything.

    Shanahan was singing praises for the Redskins.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @lbc-mike said:

    Shanahan was singing praises for the Redskins.

    Yes, also in public...

    But the writing had been pretty much on the Mike's wall for 3 or so weeks. Chud was blindsided.

    Plus there was the whole thing about Mike looking out for his son's future NFL coaching prospects.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I have never heard a coach land blast an organization before. just saying.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I doubt that the Browns are going to pay Chud 10,000,000 dollars to speak evil of them, just sayin.

    I believe you are correct. Coaches contracts have payment clauses that can void their remaining payments if they say anything derogatory. Have you ever heard a fired coach say anything bad about the team that just let them go? I can't recall any coach ever saying anything.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @topdawg31 said:

    I believe you are correct. Coaches contracts have payment clauses that can void their remaining payments if they say anything derogatory. Have you ever heard a fired coach say anything bad about the team that just let them go? I can't recall any coach ever saying anything.

    There is a difference between "derogatory" and honestly answering questions.

  • I have never heard a coach land blast an organization before. just saying.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @lbc-mike said:

    I have never heard a coach land blast an organization before. just saying.

    Again, if you heard something, it'd be public...

    It's called "don't burn bridges". Most fired HC's want to work again...

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #24
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    How would a "league source" know???

    Had the NSA pull Chud's luds*???

    (*I have watched too many Law & Order episodes...)