Skip to content

2013 Do-Over: Knowing What You Know Now, Which 2013 NFL Rookie HC Would You Have Chosen to Lead the Browns?

The Browns Board
24 14 1.2k
  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Mangini won't see another NFL coaching job. He is a frustrated NFL player who proved the rumors from his stint with the Jets to be true. He is 100% control freak who will never have the ability to motivate his players because they just won't play for him. Personality goes a long way.

  • @the-gipper said:

    To be fair to the Browns to a point, when Chuck Noll was hired to run the Steelers the Browns HC was Blanton Collier who had taken the Browns to 4 NFL Title games in 6 years. Collier was still HC of the Browns for at least 3-4 years after Noll had taken that job.

    And as for Bill Cowher......who did the Browns select as their coach instead of him? Bill Belichick....and we know all about him. Cowher was hired by the Steelers while BB was HC here.

    And further about Cowher....I don't know if he would have made any difference to the whole Art Modell mess if he had been here.

    Would he have become persona non grata like BB is here.....or would he have been excused and understood. like Ozzie Newsome is for going with the Ravens.

    I still hate Ozzie to this day for slapping real Browns fans in the face,taking our franchise and SB's elsewhere..I hope he rots in hell with Art and Al...

    Bag O' DicksB Bag O' Dicks wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @nickers said:

    I still hate Ozzie to this day for slapping real Browns fans in the face,taking our franchise and SB's elsewhere..I hope he rots in hell with Art and Al...

    Awful...I mean listen to what you just said. Modell left all the history, heritage, and colors in Cleveland when he left. Ozzie is doing his job. Everyone in Baltimore knows hes a Cleveland Brown. But hes a Brown player and Ravens front office guy. So how can you say you dislike him? People have to make a living too and he had a loyalty to Art and he followed his guy (pretty sure he made the right choice).

  • Nuckin FutzN Nuckin Futz wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Have to agree with the Ratbird guy

  • @nickers said:

    I still hate Ozzie to this day for slapping real Browns fans in the face,taking our franchise and SB's elsewhere..I hope he rots in hell with Art and Al...

    Awful...I mean listen to what you just said. Modell left all the history, heritage, and colors in Cleveland when he left. Ozzie is doing his job. Everyone in Baltimore knows hes a Cleveland Brown. But hes a Brown player and Ravens front office guy. So how can you say you dislike him? People have to make a living too and he had a loyalty to Art and he followed his guy (pretty sure he made the right choice).

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Ravens5220 said:

    Awful...I mean listen to what you just said. Modell left all the history, heritage, and colors in Cleveland when he left. Ozzie is doing his job. Everyone in Baltimore knows hes a Cleveland Brown. But hes a Brown player and Ravens front office guy. So how can you say you dislike him? People have to make a living too and he had a loyalty to Art and he followed his guy (pretty sure he made the right choice).

    The settlement agreement was that Art Modell would be awarded a new NFL franchise in Baltimore and the Cleveland Browns franchise would remain intact. So, He didn't "leave" anything. All that stuff belonged to the franchise. It was the Court's order, not Art that did that.

    As for Ozzie, I agree....he was offered a prestigious job as the first AA GM of an NFL team. He needed to take that job. (no one else was offering him anything similar). I don't know if loyalty to Art had a damn thing to do with it....but it was a good job offer and he had to say yes......and obviously he has done well.