Skip to content

Bess arrested

The Browns Board
59 27 4.1k
  • This Front office is an absolute joke. Any idiot that thinks these fucks INABILITY to find a HEAD coach by now and passing it off as some great methodical process is just that an IDIOT.

    Bringin in two complete duds like Groves and Bess defines this regime to a T. Totally whiffing in the draft last year really pisses me off. I will not drop the whole honeybadger tragedy. Really? Character issues? Groves gets caught fucking one of Clevelands finest mear days after arriving. 2 of ur 5 draft picks had a police record before the draft. And Bess, well u see the track record here. When the best thing Uve done is get rid of one ur teams big names there is something totally wrong.

    If ur holding out hope these morons r going to hit on the draft that will dictate the path for the next 10 yrs. Well Weve seen more fucked up shit in the last 10 months that the past Browns haven't even stooped to. Some franchises go 30 yrs without the type of mismanagement that IS TAKING PLACE right now. We r the laughing stock of the league by far and I have no hope of that changing anytime time soon. AND THAT'S JUST BEING OPTIMISTIC.

    @cdl15 said:

    This Front office is an absolute joke. Any idiot that thinks these fucks INABILITY to find a HEAD coach by now and passing it off as some great methodical process is just that an IDIOT.

    Bringin in two complete duds like Groves and Bess defines this regime to a T. Totally whiffing in the draft last year really pisses me off. I will not drop the whole honeybadger tragedy. Really? Character issues? Groves gets caught fucking one of Clevelands finest mear days after arriving. 2 of ur 5 draft picks had a police record before the draft. And Bess, well u see the track record here. When the best thing Uve done is get rid of one ur teams big names there is something totally wrong.

    If ur holding out hope these morons r going to hit on the draft that will dictate the path for the next 10 yrs. Well Weve seen more fucked up shit in the last 10 months that the past Browns haven't even stooped to. Some franchises go 30 yrs without the type of mismanagement that IS TAKING PLACE right now. We r the laughing stock of the league by far and I have no hope of that changing anytime time soon. AND THAT'S JUST BEING OPTIMISTIC.

    What was the problem with Groves, other than getting hurt? I thought he played decently....and he certainly didn't have any of this off field junk that I am aware of. Do you know something I don't?

  • @cdl15 said:

    This Front office is an absolute joke. Any idiot that thinks these fucks INABILITY to find a HEAD coach by now and passing it off as some great methodical process is just that an IDIOT.

    Bringin in two complete duds like Groves and Bess defines this regime to a T. Totally whiffing in the draft last year really pisses me off. I will not drop the whole honeybadger tragedy. Really? Character issues? Groves gets caught fucking one of Clevelands finest mear days after arriving. 2 of ur 5 draft picks had a police record before the draft. And Bess, well u see the track record here. When the best thing Uve done is get rid of one ur teams big names there is something totally wrong.

    If ur holding out hope these morons r going to hit on the draft that will dictate the path for the next 10 yrs. Well Weve seen more fucked up shit in the last 10 months that the past Browns haven't even stooped to. Some franchises go 30 yrs without the type of mismanagement that IS TAKING PLACE right now. We r the laughing stock of the league by far and I have no hope of that changing anytime time soon. AND THAT'S JUST BEING OPTIMISTIC.

    What was the problem with Groves, other than getting hurt? I thought he played decently....and he certainly didn't have any of this off field junk that I am aware of. Do you know something I don't?

    @the-gipper said:

    What was the problem with Groves, other than getting hurt? I thought he played decently....and he certainly didn't have any of this off field junk that I am aware of. Do you know something I don't?

    Was arrested in a prostitution sting in Cleveland right after he signed.

    Zombo

  • @the-gipper said:

    What was the problem with Groves, other than getting hurt? I thought he played decently....and he certainly didn't have any of this off field junk that I am aware of. Do you know something I don't?

    Was arrested in a prostitution sting in Cleveland right after he signed.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Was arrested in a prostitution sting in Cleveland right after he signed.

    so.. he was lonely... big deal..

  • Zombo said:

    Was arrested in a prostitution sting in Cleveland right after he signed.

    so.. he was lonely... big deal..

    @tour2ma said:

    so.. he was lonely... big deal..

    I'm not the one that went off on it. I like Groves, hope he can stay healthy and contribute next year.

    His wife might have a problem with it though.

    Zombo

  • LOL... I know it wasn't you...

  • @the-gipper said:

    What was the problem with Groves, other than getting hurt? I thought he played decently....and he certainly didn't have any of this off field junk that I am aware of. Do you know something I don't?

    Was arrested in a prostitution sting in Cleveland right after he signed.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Was arrested in a prostitution sting in Cleveland right after he signed.

    Zombo

    OK, but didn't he continue to play the season? I mean, is getting your knob gobbled by a pro a violation of an NFL rule....like smoking j even it may be illegal.

    I mean, what is he had gone to Nevada?

  • As for Bess...

    Well after all...

    He was a...

    ... possession receiver.

  • he better hope he holds on to the soap better then he does a football

  • Cleveland Browns wide receiver Davone Bess was arrested Friday morning for allegedly assaulting an officer at the Fort Lauderdale International Airport.


    NFL Media obtained the Broward County Sheriff's Office police report of the matter, which indicatesthat Bess faces three charges in all, including disorderly conduct, and resisting an officer. Bess posted $100 bond and was released from jail later that morning.





    0ap2000000314401.jpg

    Cleveland Browns wide receiver Davone Bess was arrested at the Fort Lauderdale International Airport on Friday morning. (Broward Sheriff’s Office)


    A TSA officer wrote in the complaint affidavit that several passengers at the airport reported strange behavior from Bess. He was dancing and singing, with his pants repeatedly falling down. Bess was then approached by the officer, at which time Bess squeezed his cup of coffee in order to spill the liquid on the officer, according to the report. Bess proceeded to take a "fighting stance" toward the officer and take off his shirt. The officer said Bess appeared to be under the influence of an unknown narcotic.


    A Browns spokesman told NFL Media that the team was "aware of the situation and currently working to gather more information."


    It's the second time this week Bess has been in the news. The team already was looking into a photo posted by Bess on his Twitter account Thursday that appeared to contain marijuana. The tweet has since been removed from Bess' account. He posted a similar picture on his Instagram account in December, which got him some negative attention.


    The Plain-Dealer reports that Bess has been dealing with serious family issues. Bess left the team with two games left in the regular season and was placed on the non-football/reserve list.


  • Purposely spilled coffee on a TSA officer while under the influence? Not quite punching a cop, which is what I first thought. Dude needs help though.

    Zombo

  • Purposely spilled coffee on a TSA officer while under the influence? Not quite punching a cop, which is what I first thought. Dude needs help though.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Purposely spilled coffee on a TSA officer while under the influence? Not quite punching a cop, which is what I first thought. Dude needs help though.

    Zombo

    Definitely needs help, but he's out of the league anyway.

    If he was as good as say, Brandon Marshall, then I'd let him have time to get help and get back. But he's no Brandon Marshall.

  • This team is a fucking joke.

  • I'm all about taking it to a higher level but I think my man Bess got a little carried away.

  • Purposely spilled coffee on a TSA officer while under the influence? Not quite punching a cop, which is what I first thought. Dude needs help though.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Purposely spilled coffee on a TSA officer while under the influence? Not quite punching a cop, which is what I first thought. Dude needs help though.

    Zombo

    Legally it is not difference. First ,spilling coffee purposely is basically tantamout to a punch. In fact, if the coffee were very hot, very hot it could be considered a more aggravated offense because the coffee could be viewed as a weapon if it was really scalding.

    I doubt that the coffee "spill"/throw would be charged at a higher degree...but I also don't think it would be charged at a lesser degree either.

    And as far as Cop vs. TSA officer, that is no difference. In fact, the TSA officer, being a Federal Employee could result in Federal, not just state or local charges. (again, could be, not necessarily would be.

  • Zombo said:

    Was arrested in a prostitution sting in Cleveland right after he signed.

    so.. he was lonely... big deal..

    @tour2ma said:

    so.. he was lonely... big deal..

    last I heard a lot of the guys browns didn't want because of "character issues" went incident free.
  • Bess gets high and Gordon gets high and you know who else gets high? The guy 20+ of us voted to be our first pick this year (myself included)... Watkins likes the weed and pills. That would be some Browns luck right there, 2 star receivers on the sideline suspended for dope and for being dopes. I love me some weed but if you give me a million dollar job, i would never touch it again... til i retired.

  • In other legal news, Kellen Winslow Jr. was allegedly jerking off in his car while high on synthetic weed. Got popped on the weed charge but avoided indecent exposure because he put his junk away before the cops came.

    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/01/witness_told_police_jets_tight_end_kellen_winslow_jr_was_masturbating_in_his_car.html

  • @tour2ma said:

    so.. he was lonely... big deal..

    last I heard a lot of the guys browns didn't want because of "character issues" went incident free.

    @cdl15 said:

    last I heard a lot of the guys browns didn't want because of "character issues" went incident free.

    Phil Taylor and Greg Little had character issues right?

    They both have stayed out of trouble mostly. Greg Little has speeding tickets and sucks, but nothing major.

    Something that comes along with being a big shot college athlete at 18-22 sometimes.

    There's always going to be guys who stop caring when they get their payday too.

    Kellen Winslow stopped caring the moment he got drafted though. Maybe his dad spoiled him or something.

  • No fear brodda! Jah be wit chu all times, all times. bumba clot mon! Herb smoke, rasta. No NFL career, no cry.

    @bonedawg said:

    bumba clot mon!

    now that wasn't very nice. 😎 i had a jamaican porter in a bar in the city almost kill me for saying that over and over again. the guy was actually sneaking up behind me with a bat, thank god my 2 'black' friends saw it and stopped him.

    then i found out what that term means. found out i was saying your mother's bloody cunt to him all night.

    back to bess: i just want to know why the browns haven't come out today and said the guy is gone?

  • @cdl15 said:

    last I heard a lot of the guys browns didn't want because of "character issues" went incident free.

    Phil Taylor and Greg Little had character issues right?

    They both have stayed out of trouble mostly. Greg Little has speeding tickets and sucks, but nothing major.

    Something that comes along with being a big shot college athlete at 18-22 sometimes.

    There's always going to be guys who stop caring when they get their payday too.

    Kellen Winslow stopped caring the moment he got drafted though. Maybe his dad spoiled him or something.

    @bbedward said:

    Phil Taylor and Greg Little had character issues right?

    They both have stayed out of trouble mostly. Greg Little has speeding tickets and sucks, but nothing major.

    Something that comes along with being a big shot college athlete at 18-22 sometimes.

    There's always going to be guys who stop caring when they get their payday too.

    Kellen Winslow stopped caring the moment he got drafted though. Maybe his dad spoiled him or something.

    not arguing the fact that no one is perfect. Just that FO is hypocriteable. They don't draft Mathieu because of pot issues but turn around and draft a guy that sold pot while at practice in college. And it doesn't look good when the nice guys u bring in underperforme and get into some ridiculous trouble. Oh and u paid 11 million for one of them and Alot of it was guaranteed. Thank god that dumbass has some walking around Money.