Skip to content

Ah, the More Things Change...

The Browns Board
30 18 2.4k
  • Um no do you know anything. Warner's arm was CLEARLY moving forward. And the refs were payed off so they didn't review it.

  • The ball flew 4 yards forward, the same direction his arm was moving.

  • Another year, another Browns' losing season, another offseason's worth of whining about the referees in the Super Bowl.

    The Steelers won, Warner fumbled, end of story. Time to take Pedro Martinez's advice, tip the hat to the Steelers, and...well, you know the rest.

    Dennis

    @dencyguy said:

    per Bowl.

    The Steelers won, Warner fumbled, end of story. Dennis

    Yeah, that really sums up all the bullshit during the game, right? You choose one play and summarize it?

    F off.

    And you are a Browns fan?

  • fcuk hrsrttelers@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@22222222222222

  • My Reply: F*** Taintsburgh!

    Cheating lowlife thug frontrunner asswipes.

    DWJ

  • The ball flew 4 yards forward, the same direction his arm was moving.

    @atenears said:

    The ball flew 4 yards forward, the same direction his arm was moving.

    Yeah thats exactly what happened.

  • There were only 91 total rushing yards in this game. Both teams were held under 3 yards per carry.

    Just thought that was interesting.

  • I'm gonna give Dennis the benefit of the doubt here and assume that he's joking. Is there really anyone that doesnt think the last play should have at least been reviewed? You knew that play was coming. It was only a matter of when.

  • Most of the calls I saw go for the Steelers were legit. But, they did NOT get an excessive celebration when Santonio used the ball as a prop. That could have been huge. I still believe very firmly that Willie Parker and James Harrison are both on a VERY strict regimen of steroids.

  • I'm gonna give Dennis the benefit of the doubt here and assume that he's joking. Is there really anyone that doesnt think the last play should have at least been reviewed? You knew that play was coming. It was only a matter of when.

    @we-need-tom-tupa said:

    I'm gonna give Dennis the benefit of the doubt here and assume that he's joking. Is there really anyone that doesnt think the last play should have at least been reviewed? You knew that play was coming. It was only a matter of when.

    Should it have been reviewed? Certainly. Should it have been overturned? If I were the ref, I don't think I could say that it was indisputable enough to overturn it. The guys responsible for buzzing the ref for the replay thought it was open-and-shut, and I disagree with that, even though I'm inclined to agree with the call on the field.

    The post was a response (pre-emptive and otherwise) to the inevitable "the Steelers paid off the refs!" claims. Let's think about that one for a second. The ref from the NBA was one guy taking money to make calls. He got caught. Most point-shaving scandals involve a couple of guys on a team taking money to miss shots here and there. They always get caught.

    And now, we're to believe that the Steelers have successfully gotten away with paying off not one, and not necessarily two, but multiple all-star crews of officials. Guys on the field? On the take. Head referee? On the take. Guys in the booth? On the take. And not in a midseason game between the Mavericks and the Nets, but the most watched sporting event of the year, under the most scrutiny.

    There are two possible explanations. The first is that Dan Rooney is the most successful criminal in the history of the world.

    The second is that "the Steelers paid the refs!" gives "the moon landing is a hoax!" a run for its money as the champion of drunken idiocy that shows up on Internet message boards.

    Dennis

  • Another year, another Browns' losing season, another offseason's worth of whining about the referees in the Super Bowl.

    The Steelers won, Warner fumbled, end of story. Time to take Pedro Martinez's advice, tip the hat to the Steelers, and...well, you know the rest.

    Dennis

    @dencyguy said:

    Another year, another Browns' losing season, another offseason's worth of whining about the referees in the Super Bowl.

    The Steelers won, Warner fumbled, end of story. Time to take Pedro Martinez's advice, tip the hat to the Steelers, and...well, you know the rest.

    Dennis

    Fucck You...go eat Stooler poo!

  • Dennis (or anyone) THINK about the results of say the last 7 or 8 Super Bowls. Can you recall a result that was affected by officiating that DIDN'T include the Taintsburgh Cheaters? If so, fill me in and I'll change my tune.

    Giants last year? Colts before that? Patriots? Rams? Let me know.

    Doug

  • Maybe Rooney doesn't pay the refs, but you can make a very strong argument that his relationship with the NFL has the NFL wanting the Steelers to suceed very badly.

  • @we-need-tom-tupa said:

    I'm gonna give Dennis the benefit of the doubt here and assume that he's joking. Is there really anyone that doesnt think the last play should have at least been reviewed? You knew that play was coming. It was only a matter of when.

    Should it have been reviewed? Certainly. Should it have been overturned? If I were the ref, I don't think I could say that it was indisputable enough to overturn it. The guys responsible for buzzing the ref for the replay thought it was open-and-shut, and I disagree with that, even though I'm inclined to agree with the call on the field.

    The post was a response (pre-emptive and otherwise) to the inevitable "the Steelers paid off the refs!" claims. Let's think about that one for a second. The ref from the NBA was one guy taking money to make calls. He got caught. Most point-shaving scandals involve a couple of guys on a team taking money to miss shots here and there. They always get caught.

    And now, we're to believe that the Steelers have successfully gotten away with paying off not one, and not necessarily two, but multiple all-star crews of officials. Guys on the field? On the take. Head referee? On the take. Guys in the booth? On the take. And not in a midseason game between the Mavericks and the Nets, but the most watched sporting event of the year, under the most scrutiny.

    There are two possible explanations. The first is that Dan Rooney is the most successful criminal in the history of the world.

    The second is that "the Steelers paid the refs!" gives "the moon landing is a hoax!" a run for its money as the champion of drunken idiocy that shows up on Internet message boards.

    Dennis

    @dencyguy said:

    Should it have been reviewed? Certainly. Should it have been overturned? If I were the ref, I don't think I could say that it was indisputable enough to overturn it. The guys responsible for buzzing the ref for the replay thought it was open-and-shut, and I disagree with that, even though I'm inclined to agree with the call on the field.

    The post was a response (pre-emptive and otherwise) to the inevitable "the Steelers paid off the refs!" claims. Let's think about that one for a second. The ref from the NBA was one guy taking money to make calls. He got caught. Most point-shaving scandals involve a couple of guys on a team taking money to miss shots here and there. They always get caught.

    And now, we're to believe that the Steelers have successfully gotten away with paying off not one, and not necessarily two, but multiple all-star crews of officials. Guys on the field? On the take. Head referee? On the take. Guys in the booth? On the take. And not in a midseason game between the Mavericks and the Nets, but the most watched sporting event of the year, under the most scrutiny.

    There are two possible explanations. The first is that Dan Rooney is the most successful criminal in the history of the world.

    The second is that "the Steelers paid the refs!" gives "the moon landing is a hoax!" a run for its money as the champion of drunken idiocy that shows up on Internet message boards.

    Dennis

    You make a good point, but then Dan Rooney went against his political affiliation and backed Obama, the eventual winner of the election, Hmmmm, makes ya think doesn't it?

    He knows things that most people aren't privy to. One of them is running a football team, but the other could be worldwide criminal mastermind.

    When's the last time we had a good criminal mastermind? He's old and has a grandfather look to him, he's the perfect candidate

  • Dennis (or anyone) THINK about the results of say the last 7 or 8 Super Bowls. Can you recall a result that was affected by officiating that DIDN'T include the Taintsburgh Cheaters? If so, fill me in and I'll change my tune.

    Giants last year? Colts before that? Patriots? Rams? Let me know.

    Doug

    @furnier said:

    Dennis (or anyone) THINK about the results of say the last 7 or 8 Super Bowls. Can you recall a result that was affected by officiating that DIDN'T include the Taintsburgh Cheaters? If so, fill me in and I'll change my tune.

    Giants last year? Colts before that? Patriots? Rams? Let me know.

    Doug

    You mean, can I think of a Super Bowl in which the refs didn't make a call? Not that I can recall, so each one was affected in some way by calls that were or weren't made.

    But your point is well taken. However, I would counter by saying that none of the recent Super Bowls came down to plays that could have been interpreted differently. The Patriots kicked a field goal, can't call that any other way. The Titans got stopped a yard short, can't get called any other way. Can you think of a Super Bowl that was decided (IMO correctly, for what it's worth) by two plays as close as Holmes's touchdown and Warner's fumble?

    Also, the Patriots' Super Bowls 1) have been called into question because Belichick, like everyone else didn't get away with cheating, and 2) got kickstarted by the tuck rule (a nonsense call that overturned a play that shouldn't have happened anyway, because the fumble was caused by an illegal headslap).

    Dennis

  • The Tyree catch was pretty damn close last year. There was no problem there whatsoever with the refs.

    There were a ton of problems with officiating in the Seahawks/Steelers game, and a number of them tonight as well. It doesn't happen with other teams.

  • Um no do you know anything. Warner's arm was CLEARLY moving forward. And the refs were payed off so they didn't review it.

    @ledzepfan1 said:

    And the refs were payed off so they didn't review it.

    Come on, guys. We're better than this.

    At least some of us are.

  • @we-need-tom-tupa said:

    I'm gonna give Dennis the benefit of the doubt here and assume that he's joking. Is there really anyone that doesnt think the last play should have at least been reviewed? You knew that play was coming. It was only a matter of when.

    Should it have been reviewed? Certainly. Should it have been overturned? If I were the ref, I don't think I could say that it was indisputable enough to overturn it. The guys responsible for buzzing the ref for the replay thought it was open-and-shut, and I disagree with that, even though I'm inclined to agree with the call on the field.

    The post was a response (pre-emptive and otherwise) to the inevitable "the Steelers paid off the refs!" claims. Let's think about that one for a second. The ref from the NBA was one guy taking money to make calls. He got caught. Most point-shaving scandals involve a couple of guys on a team taking money to miss shots here and there. They always get caught.

    And now, we're to believe that the Steelers have successfully gotten away with paying off not one, and not necessarily two, but multiple all-star crews of officials. Guys on the field? On the take. Head referee? On the take. Guys in the booth? On the take. And not in a midseason game between the Mavericks and the Nets, but the most watched sporting event of the year, under the most scrutiny.

    There are two possible explanations. The first is that Dan Rooney is the most successful criminal in the history of the world.

    The second is that "the Steelers paid the refs!" gives "the moon landing is a hoax!" a run for its money as the champion of drunken idiocy that shows up on Internet message boards.

    Dennis

    @dencyguy said:

    Should it have been reviewed? Certainly. Should it have been overturned? If I were the ref, I don't think I could say that it was indisputable enough to overturn it. The guys responsible for buzzing the ref for the replay thought it was open-and-shut, and I disagree with that, even though I'm inclined to agree with the call on the field.

    The post was a response (pre-emptive and otherwise) to the inevitable "the Steelers paid off the refs!" claims. Let's think about that one for a second. The ref from the NBA was one guy taking money to make calls. He got caught. Most point-shaving scandals involve a couple of guys on a team taking money to miss shots here and there. They always get caught.

    And now, we're to believe that the Steelers have successfully gotten away with paying off not one, and not necessarily two, but multiple all-star crews of officials. Guys on the field? On the take. Head referee? On the take. Guys in the booth? On the take. And not in a midseason game between the Mavericks and the Nets, but the most watched sporting event of the year, under the most scrutiny.

    There are two possible explanations. The first is that Dan Rooney is the most successful criminal in the history of the world.

    The second is that "the Steelers paid the refs!" gives "the moon landing is a hoax!" a run for its money as the champion of drunken idiocy that shows up on Internet message boards.

    Dennis

    This shit goes even deeper, two of the rooney sons are big into race tracks and casino's and bettis is right with them.

    a good old movie to watch is Against All Odds.

  • Whether they were payed or not the calls went pittsburghs way all night. There were a couple that were down right mockeries of professional football. Whether that last call should have been reversed or not - the Cardinals were done dirty. At least it was 3 ohio boys who did it though, Rothlessburger HOlmes and Harrison. Only they were playing for the wrong team.

  • They're NOT Ohio boys anymore. They've been ex-communicated. LONG may they rot.

    DWJ