Survey Monday
-
Ice Dawg19 said:
1. Seahawks I asked how you arrived at rooting for them....how did you?
2. Luck
3. Tall CB
4. No, useless game. Have an all star game of college players that pays them big time. Love to see Manziel face off against Bridgewater, etc
5. Phil Robertson
What movie was he in? Related to Craig Robertson?
-
1.I usually look for a team that deserves it, sometimes just a player or a coach that deserves to win.
2.Colt McCoy. Don't give me sass, it's what I think.
3.Tough one. Safety, if Ward isn't resigned. OL is Mack isn't resigned.
4.YES!! I love this spin to an old honorary game. It's supposed to be fun, more stuff like this. It should be a celebration and be fun---- AND FUN TO WATCH!
5. Eh, I don't really pay attention to that. Walking Dead rocks! Breaking Bad was cool. As far as movies... don't do those too much, mostly just watch documentaries.
-
1.I usually look for a team that deserves it, sometimes just a player or a coach that deserves to win.
2.Colt McCoy. Don't give me sass, it's what I think.
3.Tough one. Safety, if Ward isn't resigned. OL is Mack isn't resigned.
4.YES!! I love this spin to an old honorary game. It's supposed to be fun, more stuff like this. It should be a celebration and be fun---- AND FUN TO WATCH!
5. Eh, I don't really pay attention to that. Walking Dead rocks! Breaking Bad was cool. As far as movies... don't do those too much, mostly just watch documentaries.
1.I usually look for a team that deserves it, sometimes just a player or a coach that deserves to win.
How do you determine who "deserves" to win?
2.Colt McCoy. Don't give me sass, it's what I think.
Actually, I was hoping we would get to see Colt play yesterday....because I was pulling for the Seahawks and I knew that if Kaep. got hurt and Colt got in the win would be a shoe-in for Seattle.
3.Tough one. Safety, if Ward isn't resigned. OL is Mack isn't resigned.
Great point. Jesus with all the other holes we have to fill we sure don't need a couple more (OC, SS) opening up.
4.YES!! I love this spin to an old honorary game. It's supposed to be fun, more stuff like this. It should be a celebration and be fun---- AND FUN TO WATCH!
5. Eh, I don't really pay attention to that. Walking Dead rocks! Breaking Bad was cool. As far as movies... don't do those too much, mostly just watch documentaries.
-
OK, here is this weeks survey:
1. Assuming we are all Browns fans, we obviously want the Browns to win first, foremost and always.
BUT, when the Browns are not in it, (as they never are), by what methodology do you choose whom you want to root for to win the Super Bowl Championship? (or the championship for any sport for that matter)
2. Going forward, which of the following young QBs that made the playoffs this year do you think with have the best future?: Wilson, Kaepernick, Newton, Luck, Dalton, Foles (or someone else: Griffin, Tannehill etc.
3. Besides a QB, which position do you believe the Browns need to find a quality player high in the draft?
4. The Pro Bowl is being played this week under a new format where two captains (I believe Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin) are being ask to choose a team ala Fantasy Football type rules.
Do you like this format? Will it peak your interest in the game Does it matter at all?
5. The Oscar Nominations have been released. Do you have any preferences for any of the slots: Best Picture
Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Supporting Actor/Actress
Best Director?
Have you even seen any of the nominated movies?
OK, here is this weeks survey:
1. Assuming we are all Browns fans, we obviously want the Browns to win first, foremost and always.
BUT, when the Browns are not in it, (as they never are), by what methodology do you choose whom you want to root for to win the Super Bowl Championship? (or the championship for any sport for that matter)
1. Typically I go with the team that has never been or won a SB, or the one who's had the longest dry spell. This means I'm leaning towards Seahawks.
2. Never ever favor Stoolers or Broncos. Although I have an exception this year, as I like P Manning.
3. Ok maybe this is crazy thinking, but I figure if another team with 5 wins, like 49ers, ever won another SB it would at least diminish Stoolers from being on the top win the most SB wins. What can I say, I hate them. So I might root for a team like that, depending on the opponent (see first two reasons).
2. Going forward, which of the following young QBs that made the playoffs this year do you think with have the best future?: Wilson, Kaepernick, Newton, Luck, Dalton, Foles (or someone else: Griffin, Tannehill etc.
Luck and Foles. My vote is still out on the RO QBs (for details on why, see my other thread post about "it's a passing league".
3. Besides a QB, which position do you believe the Browns need to find a quality player high in the draft?
#2 WR, CB, ILB, OG all would be fine to pick BPA high in draft.
(EDIT: this assumes our FA contracts are filled like Ward and Mack)
4. The Pro Bowl is being played this week under a new format where two captains (I believe Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin) are being ask to choose a team ala Fantasy Football type rules.
Do you like this format? Will it peak your interest in the game Does it matter at all?
It might. Reason being about 6-7 years ago I started playing FF and have been addicted ever since. Plus it has gotten me to open my eyes up more to other NFL teams a bit, and not just the Browns. At least offensively. Although maybe I'm reading into your FF type rules description too much?
5. The Oscar Nominations have been released. Do you have any preferences for any of the slots: Best Picture
Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Supporting Actor/Actress
Best Director?
Have you even seen any of the nominated movies?
Know little to nothing about it this year. I had interest in going to see Gravity but still have not seen it.
-
1. Assuming we are all Browns fans, we obviously want the Browns to win first, foremost and always.
BUT, when the Browns are not in it, (as they never are), by what methodology do you choose whom you want to root for to win the Super Bowl Championship? (or the championship for any sport for that matter)
I have always considered the Bears to be my NFC team. And the Texans (previously Oliers) are my 2nd "hometown team". If neither is a contender, as is the case in most years, then I generally go with the team I hate the least...
For example, I hate Denver more than I hate Seattle...
2. Going forward, which of the following young QBs that made the playoffs this year do you think with have the best future?: Wilson, Kaepernick, Newton, Luck, Dalton, Foles (or someone else: Griffin, Tannehill etc.
Luck by a mile is the most gifted of the young QBs and of the young guns he is with the best organization .
3. Besides a QB, which position do you believe the Browns need to find a quality player high in the draft?
Disagree with the premise... we do not need to take a QB "high in the draft".
4. The Pro Bowl is being played this week under a new format where two captains (I believe Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin) are being ask to choose a team ala Fantasy Football type rules.
Do you like this format? Will it peak your interest in the game Does it matter at all?
Meh... no matter how the teams are set it will be the same half-ass game it's been since the 80's...
5. The Oscar Nominations have been released. Do you have any preferences for any of the slots:
Best Picture - No...
Best Actor - DeCaprio... ever since The Aviator I have been more and more impressed with his work.
Best Actress - no...
Best Supporting Actor/Actress - Jennifer Lawrence... quite a young talent there
Best Director? Scorsese.... Directed my favorite movie of all time... Raging Bull
Have you even seen any of the nominated movies? Nope... not one of them...
-
1. Typically I go with the team that has never been or won a SB, or the one who's had the longest dry spell. This means I'm leaning towards Seahawks.
2. Never ever favor Stoolers or Broncos. Although I have an exception this year, as I like P Manning.
3. Ok maybe this is crazy thinking, but I figure if another team with 5 wins, like 49ers, ever won another SB it would at least diminish Stoolers from being on the top win the most SB wins. What can I say, I hate them. So I might root for a team like that, depending on the opponent (see first two reasons).
You and I think very much alike in this regard.
-
5. The Oscar Nominations have been released. Do you have any preferences for any of the slots: Best Picture
Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Supporting Actor/Actress
Best Director?
Have you even seen any of the nominated movies?
I don't have a real good feel for who I like best yet in any of these categories as I have only seen a few of the nominated movies:
Captain Phillips, Gravity, Nebraska. are the only ones....and there are 6 others.
I am not getting the feeling that is a super year for movies.
Perhaps I will revisit this closer to the date of the ceremonies when I have had a chance to see more movies.
Update: I have now also seen The Wolf of Wall Street. To me, it was just OK. It was far from Scorcese's, DiCaprio's, or Jonah Hill's best work, all of whom were nominated.
-
5. The Oscar Nominations have been released. Do you have any preferences for any of the slots: Best Picture
Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Supporting Actor/Actress
Best Director?
Have you even seen any of the nominated movies?
I don't have a real good feel for who I like best yet in any of these categories as I have only seen a few of the nominated movies:
Captain Phillips, Gravity, Nebraska. are the only ones....and there are 6 others.
I am not getting the feeling that is a super year for movies.
Perhaps I will revisit this closer to the date of the ceremonies when I have had a chance to see more movies.
Update: I have now also seen The Wolf of Wall Street. To me, it was just OK. It was far from Scorcese's, DiCaprio's, or Jonah Hill's best work, all of whom were nominated.
It was far from ... Jonah Hill's best work...
What were the odds 5 years ago you'd ever utter such a comment?
-
1. Typically I go with the team that has never been or won a SB, or the one who's had the longest dry spell. This means I'm leaning towards Seahawks.
2. Never ever favor Stoolers or Broncos. Although I have an exception this year, as I like P Manning.
3. Ok maybe this is crazy thinking, but I figure if another team with 5 wins, like 49ers, ever won another SB it would at least diminish Stoolers from being on the top win the most SB wins. What can I say, I hate them. So I might root for a team like that, depending on the opponent (see first two reasons).
You and I think very much alike in this regard.
1. Typically I go with the team that has never been or won a SB, or the one who's had the longest dry spell. This means I'm leaning towards Seahawks.
2. Never ever favor Stoolers or Broncos. Although I have an exception this year, as I like P Manning.
3. Ok maybe this is crazy thinking, but I figure if another team with 5 wins, like 49ers, ever won another SB it would at least diminish Stoolers from being on the top win the most SB wins. What can I say, I hate them. So I might root for a team like that, depending on the opponent (see first two reasons).
You and I think very much alike in this regard.
Re-reading yours, yes it does. I might differ a little in that I adhere more strictly to football title wins, rather than a city's last sports title. If the Indians were to win the next WS, that does not diminish my desire in the least for the Browns to win a SB. Yes I'm using a biased example, but I generally would feel the same for another town under similar circumstances. At this degree of "who to root for", it gets very circumstantial on who the two opponents are.
-
OK, here is this weeks survey:
1. Assuming we are all Browns fans, we obviously want the Browns to win first, foremost and always.
BUT, when the Browns are not in it, (as they never are), by what methodology do you choose whom you want to root for to win the Super Bowl Championship? (or the championship for any sport for that matter)
2. Going forward, which of the following young QBs that made the playoffs this year do you think with have the best future?: Wilson, Kaepernick, Newton, Luck, Dalton, Foles (or someone else: Griffin, Tannehill etc.
3. Besides a QB, which position do you believe the Browns need to find a quality player high in the draft?
4. The Pro Bowl is being played this week under a new format where two captains (I believe Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin) are being ask to choose a team ala Fantasy Football type rules.
Do you like this format? Will it peak your interest in the game Does it matter at all?
5. The Oscar Nominations have been released. Do you have any preferences for any of the slots: Best Picture
Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Supporting Actor/Actress
Best Director?
Have you even seen any of the nominated movies?
OK, here is this weeks survey:
1. Assuming we are all Browns fans, we obviously want the Browns to win first, foremost and always.
BUT, when the Browns are not in it, (as they never are), by what methodology do you choose whom you want to root for to win the Super Bowl Championship? (or the championship for any sport for that matter)
Teams that don't normally win, the underdogs.
2. Going forward, which of the following young QBs that made the playoffs this year do you think with have the best future?: Wilson, Kaepernick, Newton, Luck, Dalton, Foles (or someone else: Griffin, Tannehill etc.
Luck
3. Besides a QB, which position do you believe the Browns need to find a quality player high in the draft?
WR, OG, RB
4. The Pro Bowl is being played this week under a new format where two captains (I believe Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin) are being ask to choose a team ala Fantasy Football type rules.
Do you like this format? Will it peak your interest in the game Does it matter at all?
Yep, I think it's still got a ways to go though.
5. The Oscar Nominations have been released. Do you have any preferences for any of the slots: Best Picture
Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Supporting Actor/Actress
Best Director?
Have you even seen any of the nominated movies?
Reserve judgement until I've seen some of the other films nominated. But American Hustle was pretty poor in terms of story.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login