Mike Pettine Time?
-
Who cares who they hire? By midseason next year half of this fan base will be calling for a new HC. I wish I could get a one on one with Haslam and say now look here Jim....fuck these fans, you can't make personnel decisions based on the whimsical bleats of a fan base that hasn't seen win since Eisenhower. That's all there is to it, he has to say fuck us. It's the only way he's going to build anything.
-
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Packers RBs coach Alex Van Pelt is high on Bills DC Mike Pettine's list as a potential OC candidate should Pettine get the Browns head-coaching job.
Van Pelt, 43, played quarterback in the NFL from 1993-2003 and has coached mainly quarterbacks before becoming Green Bay's running backs coach in 2012. He was the OC for the Bills back in 2009 under Dick Jauron and Perry Fewell. There's some speculation that Van Pelt could shift to QBs coach in Green Bay because Ben McAdoo left to become the Giants OC.
-
Would gladly watch a smashmouth (strong D/running game) team in the style of Seattle. Pettine is better than nothing at this point.
Would gladly watch a smashmouth (strong D/running game) team in the style of Seattle. Pettine is better than nothing at this point.
That's what we'll be getting- better than nothing. If you read the report from the Senior Bowl it's not surprising Haslam and the Stooges are in full damage control mode- and IMO they did more damage to the Browns reputation in one bad move than Holmgren & Heckert did in years.
Earth to Jimmy- in this case the perception IS the reality- you and The Stooges have turned what's left of the once proud Browns franchise into a Hazardous Waste Dump.
-
Who cares who they hire? By midseason next year half of this fan base will be calling for a new HC. I wish I could get a one on one with Haslam and say now look here Jim....fuck these fans, you can't make personnel decisions based on the whimsical bleats of a fan base that hasn't seen win since Eisenhower. That's all there is to it, he has to say fuck us. It's the only way he's going to build anything.
Who cares who they hire? By midseason next year half of this fan base will be calling for a new HC. I wish I could get a one on one with Haslam and say now look here Jim....fuck these fans, you can't make personnel decisions based on the whimsical bleats of a fan base that hasn't seen win since Eisenhower. That's all there is to it, he has to say fuck us. It's the only way he's going to build anything.
Eisenhower? Time to go back to Middle school......
-
He wasn't talking about the President; he was talking about Ricky Eisenhower, the hot dog vender that used to work at the stadium.

-
It doens't matter who's hired. We're destined to lose, and lose big. Gurantee our QB pick is a flop and another high pick has a "final destination" esq injury that will doom his career.
-
Who cares who they hire? By midseason next year half of this fan base will be calling for a new HC. I wish I could get a one on one with Haslam and say now look here Jim....fuck these fans, you can't make personnel decisions based on the whimsical bleats of a fan base that hasn't seen win since Eisenhower. That's all there is to it, he has to say fuck us. It's the only way he's going to build anything.
Who cares who they hire? By midseason next year half of this fan base will be calling for a new HC. I wish I could get a one on one with Haslam and say now look here Jim....fuck these fans, you can't make personnel decisions based on the whimsical bleats of a fan base that hasn't seen win since Eisenhower. That's all there is to it, he has to say fuck us. It's the only way he's going to build anything.
The Browns last had a winning season under George W. Bush: 2007
The Browns last appeared in a playoff game also under W Bush: 2002
The Brown last won a playoff game under Bill Clinton: 1994
The Browns won 5 Championship while Truman was in office: 1946/47/48/49/50
The Browns won 2 Championships while Ike was in office: 1954, 1955
The Browns won their last Championship whe LBJ was in office: 1964
The Cleveland Rams won their only title here when Truman was in office: 1945
The Akron Pros won their NFL title when Woodrow Wilson was President: 1920.
The Canton Bulldogs won their first title when Warren G. Harding was President: 1922
The Canton Buldogs and the Cleveland Bulldogs won titles while Calvin Coolidge was President: 1923, 1924
Just so you know.
-
Don't know if this is an indication of Pettine coming here or not, but this just floated in the Twitterverse:
Ryan @ RyanTalbotBills 2m "Billieve" is gone from M. Pettine's Twitter. I repeat, "Billieve" has been removed from her bio.My guess his wife, and she's changing her Twitter info because she's headed to Cleveland?
Anyone know anything about "Billeve" ?
-
Don't know if this is an indication of Pettine coming here or not, but this just floated in the Twitterverse:
Ryan @ RyanTalbotBills 2m "Billieve" is gone from M. Pettine's Twitter. I repeat, "Billieve" has been removed from her bio.My guess his wife, and she's changing her Twitter info because she's headed to Cleveland?
Anyone know anything about "Billeve" ?
Don't know if this is an indication of Pettine coming here or not, but this just floated in the Twitterverse:
My guess his wife, and she's changing her Twitter info because she's headed to Cleveland?
Anyone know anything about "Billeve" ?
Wikipedia has him as the head coach of the Cleveland Browns .... I'm sure someone jumping the gun/playing.
-
Don't know if this is an indication of Pettine coming here or not, but this just floated in the Twitterverse:
Ryan @ RyanTalbotBills 2m "Billieve" is gone from M. Pettine's Twitter. I repeat, "Billieve" has been removed from her bio.My guess his wife, and she's changing her Twitter info because she's headed to Cleveland?
Anyone know anything about "Billeve" ?
Don't know if this is an indication of Pettine coming here or not, but this just floated in the Twitterverse:
My guess his wife, and she's changing her Twitter info because she's headed to Cleveland?
Anyone know anything about "Billeve" ?
I believe M. Pettine is teenage daughter that outscooped th eCleveland media on a second interview.
Zombo
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/mpettine
-
Who cares who they hire? By midseason next year half of this fan base will be calling for a new HC. I wish I could get a one on one with Haslam and say now look here Jim....fuck these fans, you can't make personnel decisions based on the whimsical bleats of a fan base that hasn't seen win since Eisenhower. That's all there is to it, he has to say fuck us. It's the only way he's going to build anything.
Who cares who they hire? By midseason next year half of this fan base will be calling for a new HC. I wish I could get a one on one with Haslam and say now look here Jim....fuck these fans, you can't make personnel decisions based on the whimsical bleats of a fan base that hasn't seen win since Eisenhower. That's all there is to it, he has to say fuck us. It's the only way he's going to build anything.
Yea sure that has to be it. The reason they have taken so long and been turned down by so many is because of the fans. The reason some of the guys won't even grants us an interview is because of what the fans say. The reason the executives and players at the Senior Bowl are trashing our FO is because of the fans. How can you possibly believe he is factoring in or even hearing what we think?
Fuck that's just stupid. If there were a Grammy for stupid posts this should be a contender.
-
It doens't matter who's hired. We're destined to lose, and lose big. Gurantee our QB pick is a flop and another high pick has a "final destination" esq injury that will doom his career.
It doens't matter who's hired. We're destined to lose, and lose big. Gurantee our QB pick is a flop and another high pick has a "final destination" esq injury that will doom his career.
Destiny is as Destiny does..................
-
"the fiery young coach" ..............I gotta admit, that sounds like a much needed change from the mellow, meek coaches we've had.
@mike-h said:
No job offer.... The search continues
Per NFL Indsiders, Pettine expects to hear the Browns' decision on him today.
If it's yes, I pray this is not a panic decision...
"the fiery young coach" ..............I gotta admit, that sounds like a much needed change from the mellow, meek coaches we've had.
When was the last time we had a truly "fiery" HC??? Butch?
Bull crap. Buttichek lost his first three seasons with the Browns. And THAT was way before they came back as an expansion team.
Here - Buttichek didn't have a winning season with the Browns til year 4, then he went losing again the two years after.
After making the playoffs in '94, we were picked by many to make our first SB in '95. We were 3-1 in Sept, '95... then the move rumors started swirling and we went 1-3... After the move was confirmed public knowledge in November, we finished 1-7.
No one... I repeat... No one could have led us to success under those circumstances.
And '95 was the only year Bill B coached us after that winning season... there were no "two years after". He did not coach again until 2000 in NE, where, yes, he opened his on-going reign there with one losing season... followed by 13 winning ones... and counting...
Bill B is simply one of the greatest coaches in the history of the NFL.
-
Back to Pettine,... according to the media stuff, this is looking increasingly likely, for the moment. As such, I've just spent a little time reading what I could on Pettine. I have to say, at this point, I'm on-board with a Pettine hiring. I don't know enough about him and have not watched him enough to be a fan (so I'm not biased in his favor), but he looks more qualified to me than Chud was. In my opinion, this guy has at least demonstrated some potential to be successful in coaching some aspect of football. I don't know if he knows anything at all about offense, so I'm willing to admit he MIGHT totally bomb there. I do like the idea of a strong defense getting even stronger, though. Maybe they can find a way to pair him with an OC who knows what they are doing?
Anyway, I'm pro-Pettine right now, if that's what happens. I won't be (further) disappointed if this is announced at some point in the very near future.
-
You have to have hair to be a successful NFL coach, I don't like it......With all the numerology Banner and Lombardi do you would think they would know that statistically bald head coaches are unsuccessful. Its a fact, look it up
-
SONOFA--!!! There goes my dream of being an NFL head coach.
-
You have to have hair to be a successful NFL coach, I don't like it......With all the numerology Banner and Lombardi do you would think they would know that statistically bald head coaches are unsuccessful. Its a fact, look it up
You have to have hair to be a successful NFL coach, I don't like it......With all the numerology Banner and Lombardi do you would think they would know that statistically bald head coaches are unsuccessful. Its a fact, look it up
And here is the coach that won 7 championships in Cleveland getting inducted into the Hall of Fame ....

-
You have to have hair to be a successful NFL coach, I don't like it......With all the numerology Banner and Lombardi do you would think they would know that statistically bald head coaches are unsuccessful. Its a fact, look it up
And here is the coach that won 7 championships in Cleveland getting inducted into the Hall of Fame ....

Zombo said:
And here is the coach that won 7 championships in Cleveland getting inducted into the Hall of Fame ....
one in hundreds.....stats don't lie
-
They need to find the best looking young coordinator in the NFL and hand him the keys....Good looking people are generally more successful, Lombardism's
-
Cleveland's HC search down to two finalists who will meet with Browns' brass Thursday, per league sources. Bills DC Mike Pettine a favorite.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
