Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Sochi Olympics Kiev Riots

Sochi Olympics Kiev Riots

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
5 Posts 4 Posters 385 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
    • 3k Posts
    • 197 Reputation
    Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
    #1

    What is our state dept doing to ensure the safety of our athletes and their families?

    I mean, how attuned to the potential of terrorist activity can Russia really be if their attention is currently occupied by continuing to fuck over the Ukraine?

    Fortunately I'm not, nor is anyone I know headed there as an athlete or spectator, but if I were, I'd be unloading those tickets and upgrading my surround sound / theatre and watch it at home.

    Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
    S 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 10k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Chechen suicide bombers are the big problem. Ukraine protesters don't seem all that interested in martyrdom.

      I was set to work a pipeline contract with GAZPROM. Myself and the other analysts were told we wouldn't have security off of the site. The gripe started over gas. The locals would be delighted to send an angry mob after some foreigners helping the "bad guys". We opted out.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan

        What is our state dept doing to ensure the safety of our athletes and their families?

        I mean, how attuned to the potential of terrorist activity can Russia really be if their attention is currently occupied by continuing to fuck over the Ukraine?

        Fortunately I'm not, nor is anyone I know headed there as an athlete or spectator, but if I were, I'd be unloading those tickets and upgrading my surround sound / theatre and watch it at home.

        sadbrownsfan S
        • 1k Posts
        • 41 Reputation
        S sadbrownsfan wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @legacy-fan said:

        What is our state dept doing to ensure the safety of our athletes and their families?

        I mean, how attuned to the potential of terrorist activity can Russia really be if their attention is currently occupied by continuing to fuck over the Ukraine?

        Fortunately I'm not, nor is anyone I know headed there as an athlete or spectator, but if I were, I'd be unloading those tickets and upgrading my surround sound / theatre and watch it at home.

        http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/22/world/europe/us-offers-russia-high-tech-aid-to-thwart-sochi-terror.html?_r=0

        Any international event, specially one as large as the Olympics face both internal terrorists and external terrorists threats, while there is always a chance that something would happen, it is something that the host country and the international community try to prevent.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
          • 28k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Hopefully no terror attacks, but I wouldn't be surprised. They seem highly successful in infiltrating the Russian Security.

          "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
          LogicIsForSquaresL 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

            Hopefully no terror attacks, but I wouldn't be surprised. They seem highly successful in infiltrating the Russian Security.

            LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 10k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @diehardbrownsfan said:

            Hopefully no terror attacks, but I wouldn't be surprised. They seem highly successful in infiltrating the Russian Security.

            Indeed. I would avoid the place.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Theme
            • System
            • Light
            • Dark
            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Forums
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Donate