Skip to content

Banner jest

The Browns Board
26 19 1.6k
  • I'll tell you the truth I still kinda like banner. I thought it showed a bit of humor that he even addressed it, and every time he speaks I think we get something out of hi. Which is more than you can say for most football personalities

  • I like the FO right now. I think they have done things differently than we are used to and people are just interperiting that as bad. I say bullshit, what do we know? Our last several front offices did things in a very familiar way and they all sucked a bag of dicks.

  • From Zombo's link abouve I think is the best quote out of it.

    “We’re going to spend thousands of hours researching whether to pick a quarterback in the draft or not,” Haslam said. “Why would you not spend a lot of hours researching who the head coach of your organization is going to be? This thought that the first person to finish the coaching search is the winner I think is extremely farfetched."

  • http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2014/01/24/browns-find-curly-defend-length-search-disagree-perception-organization/

    Didn't hear that part, but it comes off pretty funny in print. Good for them. I'm sure those fuckers want to win as bad as anybody. Let's hope they pull it off ... They keep talking about their All Pros, their cap space, and all of their draft picks. ... It's Showtime .... Make the losing go away.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2014/01/24/browns-find-curly-defend-length-search-disagree-perception-organization/

    Didn't hear that part, but it comes off pretty funny in print. Good for them. I'm sure those fuckers want to win as bad as anybody. Let's hope they pull it off ... They keep talking about their All Pros, their cap space, and all of their draft picks. ... It's Showtime .... Make the losing go away.

    Z

    Yeah, I read it before I watched the presser. When I read it, I laughed, but when I watched him deliver it, it was kinda sad that no one laughed at the press conference.

  • Zombo said:

    http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2014/01/24/browns-find-curly-defend-length-search-disagree-perception-organization/

    Didn't hear that part, but it comes off pretty funny in print. Good for them. I'm sure those fuckers want to win as bad as anybody. Let's hope they pull it off ... They keep talking about their All Pros, their cap space, and all of their draft picks. ... It's Showtime .... Make the losing go away.

    Z

    Yeah, I read it before I watched the presser. When I read it, I laughed, but when I watched him deliver it, it was kinda sad that no one laughed at the press conference.

    @osiris said:

    Yeah, I read it before I watched the presser. When I read it, I laughed, but when I watched him deliver it, it was kinda sad that no one laughed at the press conference.

    That's even funnier that nobody laughed.

    Z

  • Zombo said:

    http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2014/01/24/browns-find-curly-defend-length-search-disagree-perception-organization/

    Didn't hear that part, but it comes off pretty funny in print. Good for them. I'm sure those fuckers want to win as bad as anybody. Let's hope they pull it off ... They keep talking about their All Pros, their cap space, and all of their draft picks. ... It's Showtime .... Make the losing go away.

    Z

    Yeah, I read it before I watched the presser. When I read it, I laughed, but when I watched him deliver it, it was kinda sad that no one laughed at the press conference.

    @osiris said:

    Yeah, I read it before I watched the presser. When I read it, I laughed, but when I watched him deliver it, it was kinda sad that no one laughed at the press conference.

    Since no one laughs at the Three Stooges, why would anyone laugh at a joke about the Three Stooges?

    (Legal Notice: The above comment is made for the specific purpose of inciting reaction and debate and possibly ire. The opinions expressed therein do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the management.)

  • Nothing worst than telling a joke and looking around and realizing you are the only person laughing. Only thing that would have been better was if you heard a rim shot and the camera panned over and showed Jimmy sitting at the drums laughing.

    How about Jimmy's great line. Mike could never beat his dad! Would have been nice if someone said, Well, why didn't we hire his dad then?

    Yuk it up Jimmy...

  • http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2014/01/24/browns-find-curly-defend-length-search-disagree-perception-organization/

    Didn't hear that part, but it comes off pretty funny in print. Good for them. I'm sure those fuckers want to win as bad as anybody. Let's hope they pull it off ... They keep talking about their All Pros, their cap space, and all of their draft picks. ... It's Showtime .... Make the losing go away.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2014/01/24/browns-find-curly-defend-length-search-disagree-perception-organization/

    Didn't hear that part, but it comes off pretty funny in print. Good for them. I'm sure those fuckers want to win as bad as anybody. Let's hope they pull it off ... They keep talking about their All Pros, their cap space, and all of their draft picks. ... It's Showtime .... Make the losing go away.

    Z

    Cursing on a non-age-restricted forum? You animal!

    The joke was a fail, but I found myself chuckling...probably because it was told so miserably.

    Despite my dislike for Banner, I'm getting some unexpected enthusiasm after listening to Pettine. I'm liking the hire through 2 days.

  • Maybe I'm wrong about this, but my initial impression was that the joke wasn't Banner's idea. I think Banner and Haslam went to PR (or PR came to them) and asked, "How do we diffuse this Three Stooges thing?", and PR said, "Well, you're not going to be able to make it go away by firmly opposing it or ignoring it. Best thing you can do is acknowledge it and make light of it." Hence, the Banner joke was born. I could be wrong, but that's the first thing that came to mind when I watched it the first time.

  • It might have been funnier if he presented it better.

  • I'll tell you the truth I still kinda like banner. I thought it showed a bit of humor that he even addressed it, and every time he speaks I think we get something out of hi. Which is more than you can say for most football personalities

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'll tell you the truth I still kinda like banner.

    Ditto... seemed exactly like the guy I remembered from a year ago.

    @sienn13 said:

    From Zombo's link abouve I think is the best quote out of it.

    “We’re going to spend thousands of hours researching whether to pick a quarterback in the draft or not,” Haslam said. “Why would you not spend a lot of hours researching who the head coach of your organization is going to be? This thought that the first person to finish the coaching search is the winner I think is extremely farfetched."

    Are we going to go for our 3rd QB choice in the draft as well?

    @osiris said:

    Yeah, I read it before I watched the presser. When I read it, I laughed, but when I watched him deliver it, it was kinda sad that no one laughed at the press conference.

    Actually there was a smattering of laughter... but what was up with the applause as Banner walked to the mic???

  • I think he resembles Uncle Fester more than Curly anyway.

    188227_1239798471477_300_310.jpg20140123__p_e629c14a-e2dc-47e0-867f-3047

  • Check out this picture of Pettine after he torches Mike Lombardi's office for drafting a kicker with the Browns 1st round pick!

    Stone%2BCold%2BSteve%2BAustin.jpg

  • Pettine 3:16

  • 20140123__p_e629c14a-e2dc-47e0-867f-3047

    just my take.....

    Nick_Skorich.jpg

  • I think he resembles Uncle Fester more than Curly anyway.

    188227_1239798471477_300_310.jpg20140123__p_e629c14a-e2dc-47e0-867f-3047

    Zombo said:

    20140123__p_e629c14a-e2dc-47e0-867f-3047

    no way. goldberg all the way:

    cyk2.jpg

  • gatee-for-bald-men-204x300.jpg

  • Mr-clean.jpg

  • I like the FO right now. I think they have done things differently than we are used to and people are just interperiting that as bad. I say bullshit, what do we know? Our last several front offices did things in a very familiar way and they all sucked a bag of dicks.

    @halfsane said:

    I like the FO right now. I think they have done things differently than we are used to and people are just interperiting that as bad. I say bullshit, what do we know? Our last several front offices did things in a very familiar way and they all sucked a bag of dicks.

    halfsane,

    Well said!

    What's funny is that I have been one of their biggest critics recently, yet I said literally the same thing YOU just did about a year ago, then I fell into that "familiar" trap (shame on me). They ARE doing things differently & things HAD to be done differently for the Browns to succeed. It will be fun watching this snowball roll.

    Mike

  • Hmmm.... I'm all for doing things differently. So far, the new FO hasn't done anything positive (until the Pettine hiring, maybe) in my eyes, though. They were here last year, and last year still "sucked a bag of dicks", to use the previous phrasing. Now, maybe they need a little time. I'm fine with that. And, if they end up doing something positive with that time, I'm more than willing to praise them for it at that time. The Pettine hiring may just accomplish that. Up to this point, though, the proverbial "bag of dicks" did not go unsucked in 2013, so the FO gets no praise from me for doing things differently YET. When things change, my response to those things will change as well.