Banner jest
-
Nothing worst than telling a joke and looking around and realizing you are the only person laughing. Only thing that would have been better was if you heard a rim shot and the camera panned over and showed Jimmy sitting at the drums laughing.
How about Jimmy's great line. Mike could never beat his dad! Would have been nice if someone said, Well, why didn't we hire his dad then?
Yuk it up Jimmy...
-
Didn't hear that part, but it comes off pretty funny in print. Good for them. I'm sure those fuckers want to win as bad as anybody. Let's hope they pull it off ... They keep talking about their All Pros, their cap space, and all of their draft picks. ... It's Showtime .... Make the losing go away.
Z
Zombo said:
Didn't hear that part, but it comes off pretty funny in print. Good for them. I'm sure those fuckers want to win as bad as anybody. Let's hope they pull it off ... They keep talking about their All Pros, their cap space, and all of their draft picks. ... It's Showtime .... Make the losing go away.
Z
Cursing on a non-age-restricted forum? You animal!
The joke was a fail, but I found myself chuckling...probably because it was told so miserably.
Despite my dislike for Banner, I'm getting some unexpected enthusiasm after listening to Pettine. I'm liking the hire through 2 days.
-
Maybe I'm wrong about this, but my initial impression was that the joke wasn't Banner's idea. I think Banner and Haslam went to PR (or PR came to them) and asked, "How do we diffuse this Three Stooges thing?", and PR said, "Well, you're not going to be able to make it go away by firmly opposing it or ignoring it. Best thing you can do is acknowledge it and make light of it." Hence, the Banner joke was born. I could be wrong, but that's the first thing that came to mind when I watched it the first time.
-
It might have been funnier if he presented it better.
-
I'll tell you the truth I still kinda like banner. I thought it showed a bit of humor that he even addressed it, and every time he speaks I think we get something out of hi. Which is more than you can say for most football personalities
I'll tell you the truth I still kinda like banner.
Ditto... seemed exactly like the guy I remembered from a year ago.
From Zombo's link abouve I think is the best quote out of it.
“We’re going to spend thousands of hours researching whether to pick a quarterback in the draft or not,” Haslam said. “Why would you not spend a lot of hours researching who the head coach of your organization is going to be? This thought that the first person to finish the coaching search is the winner I think is extremely farfetched."
Are we going to go for our 3rd QB choice in the draft as well?
Yeah, I read it before I watched the presser. When I read it, I laughed, but when I watched him deliver it, it was kinda sad that no one laughed at the press conference.
Actually there was a smattering of laughter... but what was up with the applause as Banner walked to the mic???
-
Pettine 3:16
-

just my take.....

-
-

-

-
I like the FO right now. I think they have done things differently than we are used to and people are just interperiting that as bad. I say bullshit, what do we know? Our last several front offices did things in a very familiar way and they all sucked a bag of dicks.
I like the FO right now. I think they have done things differently than we are used to and people are just interperiting that as bad. I say bullshit, what do we know? Our last several front offices did things in a very familiar way and they all sucked a bag of dicks.
halfsane,
Well said!
What's funny is that I have been one of their biggest critics recently, yet I said literally the same thing YOU just did about a year ago, then I fell into that "familiar" trap (shame on me). They ARE doing things differently & things HAD to be done differently for the Browns to succeed. It will be fun watching this snowball roll.
Mike
-
Hmmm.... I'm all for doing things differently. So far, the new FO hasn't done anything positive (until the Pettine hiring, maybe) in my eyes, though. They were here last year, and last year still "sucked a bag of dicks", to use the previous phrasing. Now, maybe they need a little time. I'm fine with that. And, if they end up doing something positive with that time, I'm more than willing to praise them for it at that time. The Pettine hiring may just accomplish that. Up to this point, though, the proverbial "bag of dicks" did not go unsucked in 2013, so the FO gets no praise from me for doing things differently YET. When things change, my response to those things will change as well.
-
I like the FO right now. I think they have done things differently than we are used to and people are just interperiting that as bad. I say bullshit, what do we know? Our last several front offices did things in a very familiar way and they all sucked a bag of dicks.
halfsane,
Well said!
What's funny is that I have been one of their biggest critics recently, yet I said literally the same thing YOU just did about a year ago, then I fell into that "familiar" trap (shame on me). They ARE doing things differently & things HAD to be done differently for the Browns to succeed. It will be fun watching this snowball roll.
Mike
halfsane,
Well said!elus
What's funny is that I have been one of their biggest critics recently, yet I said literally the same thing YOU just did about a year ago, then I fell into that "familiar" trap (shame on me). They ARE doing things differently & things HAD to be done differently for the Browns to succeed. It will be fun watching this snowball roll.
Mike
Mike with all due respect lets keep in mind that "different" doesn't necessarily equal correctly or successfully. So far while I will give you different they certainly haven't proven to be successful. Their first big task was to pick a head coach. They either totally blew that or were completely irrational when they fired Chud. Their draft sucked period although it did match up quite well to the success of any draft Lombardi had any input in. Their FA signing of Bess was beyond a blunder. I am on board with the Pettine hire but it is safe to assume they were unable to land any of the guys the truly wanted. Anyone that would debate that is just completely delusional. We are now in the position to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get an OC.
If they don't get all of those things right this year we are looking at a total FO blow up and yet another rebuild next year.
-
halfsane,
Well said!elus
What's funny is that I have been one of their biggest critics recently, yet I said literally the same thing YOU just did about a year ago, then I fell into that "familiar" trap (shame on me). They ARE doing things differently & things HAD to be done differently for the Browns to succeed. It will be fun watching this snowball roll.
Mike
Mike with all due respect lets keep in mind that "different" doesn't necessarily equal correctly or successfully. So far while I will give you different they certainly haven't proven to be successful. Their first big task was to pick a head coach. They either totally blew that or were completely irrational when they fired Chud. Their draft sucked period although it did match up quite well to the success of any draft Lombardi had any input in. Their FA signing of Bess was beyond a blunder. I am on board with the Pettine hire but it is safe to assume they were unable to land any of the guys the truly wanted. Anyone that would debate that is just completely delusional. We are now in the position to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get an OC.
If they don't get all of those things right this year we are looking at a total FO blow up and yet another rebuild next year.
Mike with all due respect lets keep in mind that "different" doesn't necessarily equal correctly or successfully. So far while I will give you different they certainly haven't proven to be successful. Their first big task was to pick a head coach. They either totally blew that or were completely irrational when they fired Chud. Their draft sucked period although it did match up quite well to the success of any draft Lombardi had any input in. Their FA signing of Bess was beyond a blunder. I am on board with the Pettine hire but it is safe to assume they were unable to land any of the guys the truly wanted. Anyone that would debate that is just completely delusional. We are now in the position to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get an OC.
If they don't get all of those things right this year we are looking at a total FO blow up and yet another rebuild next year.
Bess was a trade, not a FA acquisition.
-
halfsane,
Well said!elus
What's funny is that I have been one of their biggest critics recently, yet I said literally the same thing YOU just did about a year ago, then I fell into that "familiar" trap (shame on me). They ARE doing things differently & things HAD to be done differently for the Browns to succeed. It will be fun watching this snowball roll.
Mike
Mike with all due respect lets keep in mind that "different" doesn't necessarily equal correctly or successfully. So far while I will give you different they certainly haven't proven to be successful. Their first big task was to pick a head coach. They either totally blew that or were completely irrational when they fired Chud. Their draft sucked period although it did match up quite well to the success of any draft Lombardi had any input in. Their FA signing of Bess was beyond a blunder. I am on board with the Pettine hire but it is safe to assume they were unable to land any of the guys the truly wanted. Anyone that would debate that is just completely delusional. We are now in the position to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get an OC.
If they don't get all of those things right this year we are looking at a total FO blow up and yet another rebuild next year.
Mike with all due respect lets keep in mind that "different" doesn't necessarily equal correctly or successfully. So far while I will give you different they certainly haven't proven to be successful. Their first big task was to pick a head coach. They either totally blew that or were completely irrational when they fired Chud. Their draft sucked period although it did match up quite well to the success of any draft Lombardi had any input in. Their FA signing of Bess was beyond a blunder. I am on board with the Pettine hire but it is safe to assume they were unable to land any of the guys the truly wanted. Anyone that would debate that is just completely delusional. We are now in the position to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get an OC.
If they don't get all of those things right this year we are looking at a total FO blow up and yet another rebuild next year.
We'll just have to watch it all play out. We have all been, pardon the phrase, "witness" to how not to succeed since 99. Who's to say that what is happening now is the wrong way. It may turn out that it was in fact the right way. If any of us in here had a clue how to assemble a winner in the NFL we certainly would not be in here.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


