Skip to content

Coordinator Hirings news

The Browns Board
129 38 7.2k
  • @browns149 said:

    Well, this makes perfect sense...

    Because, if anything, Oakland is known lately for the production they get out of the quarterback position.

    I see he put his stamp on Mark Sanchez as well.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Well, this makes perfect sense...

    Because, if anything, Oakland is known lately for the production they get out of the quarterback position.

    I see he put his stamp on Mark Sanchez as well.

    Zombo

    Sanchez? Sanchez? You realize Sanchez is All-Pro compared to super-stud (dud) Jamarcus Russell he had in Oakland? Well, maybe Jafattus was beyond help, sort of like Wee-done. πŸ™‚

  • Zombo said:

    Well, this makes perfect sense...

    Because, if anything, Oakland is known lately for the production they get out of the quarterback position.

    I see he put his stamp on Mark Sanchez as well.

    Zombo

    Sanchez? Sanchez? You realize Sanchez is All-Pro compared to super-stud (dud) Jamarcus Russell he had in Oakland? Well, maybe Jafattus was beyond help, sort of like Wee-done. πŸ™‚

    @hoorta said:

    Sanchez? Sanchez? You realize Sanchez is All-Pro compared to super-stud (dud) Jamarcus Russell he had in Oakland? Well, maybe Jafattus was beyond help, sort of like Wee-done. πŸ™‚

    I'm still waiting for the day nfl teams stop falling in love with Retards with big arms.

  • And I'm all for cousins coming to cleveland, my 2012 qb wish consisted of Wilson and Cousins.

  • @hoorta said:

    Sanchez? Sanchez? You realize Sanchez is All-Pro compared to super-stud (dud) Jamarcus Russell he had in Oakland? Well, maybe Jafattus was beyond help, sort of like Wee-done. πŸ™‚

    I'm still waiting for the day nfl teams stop falling in love with Retards with big arms.

    @roycerolls said:

    I'm still waiting for the day nfl teams stop falling in love with Retards with big arms.

    Me too. Can we say DA, Weeden, Sanchez, etc? Some make it, but the love affair with big arms/small brain is one I don't understand. You would think they would have learned by now. When I hear of a "big arm", I immediately start questioning what they LACK.

    Mike

  • Just when they have everyone feeling warm and fuzzy, the critical hire of OC is where they will disappoint us, isn't it?

  • My guess is that maybe he thinks Harbaugh has some idea what he is doing.

    @spectralcow said:

    My guess is that maybe he thinks Harbaugh has some idea what he is doing.

    Or he probably preferred the Ravens job so made unreasonable demands with the Browns. If he got his way, then bonus for him to go here instead.

    @tour2ma said:

    What I heard on ESPN yesterday is he got everything he wanted in BLT. Mostly it was to bring his offnesive staff with him from Houstoin.

    So CLE didn't want to let Kubiakl bring any staff with him either? That seems more of a reasonable request though.

  • @hoorta said:

    Sanchez? Sanchez? You realize Sanchez is All-Pro compared to super-stud (dud) Jamarcus Russell he had in Oakland? Well, maybe Jafattus was beyond help, sort of like Wee-done. πŸ™‚

    I'm still waiting for the day nfl teams stop falling in love with Retards with big arms.

    @roycerolls said:

    I'm still waiting for the day nfl teams stop falling in love with Retards with big arms.

    Amen to that. Add to that Retards with fast wheels. Give me Teddy Twatwater. Smartest QB in this draft.

  • @darren15 said:

    Dawg Pound Daily >> Browns talking to Kyle Shanahan about offensive coordinator job per reports

    http://buzztap.com/-q7i4eh

    I'm in favor of this..

    Think back to the Redskins/Cleveland game from the 2012 season. RGIII got injured the week before our game. He had to totally adjust the offense for Cousins. We were looking good early and then they adjusted on the fly (when was the last time a Browns offense did that?) to roll him out and he picked us apart the rest of the game and we got killed.

    When was the last time we had an offense that adjusted on the fly?

    @mark-o said:

    http://buzztap.com/-q7i4eh

    I'm in favor of this..

    Think back to the Redskins/Cleveland game from the 2012 season. RGIII got injured the week before our game. He had to totally adjust the offense for Cousins. We were looking good early and then they adjusted on the fly (when was the last time a Browns offense did that?) to roll him out and he picked us apart the rest of the game and we got killed.

    When was the last time we had an offense that adjusted on the fly?

    When Jeff Goldblum was our OC.

  • And I'm all for cousins coming to cleveland, my 2012 qb wish consisted of Wilson and Cousins.

    @roycerolls said:

    And I'm all for cousins coming to cleveland, my 2012 qb wish consisted of Wilson and Cousins.

    I wanted Luck, or Foles. Its just that Indy Sucked for Luck better than we did that year.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Shanahan is ok I suppose of the limited amounts of choices left. I would not give much a all for Cousins. Grossly over-hyped. To me hes worth nothing more than a 4th MAYBE a 3rd

    Exactly. Cousins was drafted in the 4th round and hasn't shown he is better than a 4th rounder. I do like the guy but wouldn't offer more than 1 of our 4th rounders.

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Exactly. Cousins was drafted in the 4th round and hasn't shown he is better than a 4th rounder. I do like the guy but wouldn't offer more than 1 of our 4th rounders.

    He looked like a steal in 2012 when he posted a 101 rating subbing for the injured RG3.

    His rating fell by nearly half in 2013, but that was more owed to the team quitting on Daddy Shanahan late in the season when Kirk got 3 starts in place of the "shut down" RG3. If you saw any of those games, and I did, there were many plays when Cousins looked like the only player trying.

    Send a third and a conditional 2015 pick...