Skip to content

Coordinator Hirings news

The Browns Board
129 38 7.2k
  • Will not be Jim Schwartz....he has replaced Pettine in Buffalo

  • can anyone say dick jauron?

  • To be honest, I'm hoping for all young, new coaches and coordinators. Let's frickin' build something special with some new innovative coaches that only need a shot. I saw enough of former head coach Norv Turner's offense last year to last me a lifetime............ I'm in hook, line and sinker.

  • Steve Spagnuolo?

  • How about me? I'll be the offensive coordinator (give me a call pettine).

  • I heard yesterday that the Browns were interested in Kubiak but McShea says it ain't gonna happen and Grossi agrees. We shall see...

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    At this point, I agree, I would rather get an RB out of the draft.....maybe a couple with out 10 picks.

    I totally agree. Why buy some used tread when we have plenty of draft picks to grab some fresh legs. Running backs don't need a lot of seasoning or coaching, Grab them when they are young (not 34 like Willis ... what a bad joke that was).

    Seems like a lot of good running backs coming out early in this draft, grab a bruiser to go with Lewis and Baker/Oby.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I totally agree. Why buy some used tread when we have plenty of draft picks to grab some fresh legs. Running backs don't need a lot of seasoning or coaching, Grab them when they are young (not 34 like Willis ... what a bad joke that was).

    Seems like a lot of good running backs coming out early in this draft, grab a bruiser to go with Lewis and Baker/Oby.

    Zombo

    Tate is barely even broken in. I wouldn't be upset with the move, but there are plenty of exciting mid-round backs in this draft. Hyde, Seastrunk, Storm Johnson, and Andre Williams can be had in the third or later

  • I would not invest in a big named free agent RB. You can snatch up two guys in the middle rounds to platoon.

  • #Bills have til Mon to decide if they’ll allow DC candidate Jim O’Neil to take CLE job. If not, Ravens LB coach Don Martindale is a target

  • why not take wvu running back simms in the 2nd round? he was bout the only good player we had this yr. I just want my browns to be like they were in the late 80's once a browns fan always a browns fan.hope seahawks win because I still can't stand bucktooth elway

  • why not take wvu running back simms in the 2nd round? he was bout the only good player we had this yr. I just want my browns to be like they were in the late 80's once a browns fan always a browns fan.hope seahawks win because I still can't stand bucktooth elway

    @wvumountaineer said:

    why not take wvu running back simms in the 2nd round? he was bout the only good player we had this yr. I just want my browns to be like they were in the late 80's once a browns fan always a browns fan.hope seahawks win because I still can't stand bucktooth elway

    I like Simms but probably not as a 2nd rounder. I suppose to some degree that would depend on what type of offense we install. To me in many offenses he ends up being a 3rd down back. If on the other hand we run a lot of screens etc he might be the starter. There seem to be enough choices for RBs in this draft to get solid guys in the 3rd and even 4th rounds.

  • #Bills have til Mon to decide if they’ll allow DC candidate Jim O’Neil to take CLE job. If not, Ravens LB coach Don Martindale is a target

    @darren15 said:

    #Bills have til Mon to decide if they’ll allow DC candidate Jim O’Neil to take CLE job. If not, Ravens LB coach Don Martindale is a target

    I understand they have until Monday to decide, but what would it serve the Bills to basically FORCE someone to stay? Not saying he'll "tank" his job there, but would he be totally into it & totally effective in Buffalo? I have my doubts.

    C'mon Bills, let him go!

    Mike

  • They've already hired Schwartz as DC, right? They're not keeping him. They'd have to make him assistant head coach and give him a pay raise equivalent to a coordinator.

    Zombo

  • How bout Callahan?

    Coached a team to the Super Bowl.

    http://dawgpounddaily.com/2014/01/26/browns-target-bill-callahan-offensive-coordinator-per-albert-breer/

    Zombo

    --worked on same jets staff as MP2 as well

  • To be honest, I'm hoping for all young, new coaches and coordinators. Let's frickin' build something special with some new innovative coaches that only need a shot. I saw enough of former head coach Norv Turner's offense last year to last me a lifetime............ I'm in hook, line and sinker.

    @d-bone said:

    To be honest, I'm hoping for all young, new coaches and coordinators. Let's frickin' build something special with some new innovative coaches that only need a shot. I saw enough of former head coach Norv Turner's offense last year to last me a lifetime............ I'm in hook, line and sinker.

    i wouldn't mind if they gave a college HC a chance at OC that has their team playing in northern ohio. the BGSU and Toledo even CMU coaches come to mind.

    i think they might be looking at bigger gigs in the college ranks. give them a call.

  • To be honest, I'm hoping for all young, new coaches and coordinators. Let's frickin' build something special with some new innovative coaches that only need a shot. I saw enough of former head coach Norv Turner's offense last year to last me a lifetime............ I'm in hook, line and sinker.

    My man James White (Wisconsin) had himself a pretty good Sr. Bowl... there's a lot of potential value in him as a 4/5th rounder.

    @d-bone said:

    To be honest, I'm hoping for all young, new coaches and coordinators. Let's frickin' build something special with some new innovative coaches that only need a shot. I saw enough of former head coach Norv Turner's offense last year to last me a lifetime............ I'm in hook, line and sinker.

    I lean your way as well, but can certainly understand a rookie HC wanting an former HC on staff he can bounce things off of.

  • My man James White (Wisconsin) had himself a pretty good Sr. Bowl... there's a lot of potential value in him as a 4/5th rounder.

    @d-bone said:

    To be honest, I'm hoping for all young, new coaches and coordinators. Let's frickin' build something special with some new innovative coaches that only need a shot. I saw enough of former head coach Norv Turner's offense last year to last me a lifetime............ I'm in hook, line and sinker.

    I lean your way as well, but can certainly understand a rookie HC wanting an former HC on staff he can bounce things off of.

    @tour2ma said:

    My man James White (Wisconsin) had himself a pretty good Sr. Bowl... there's a lot of potential value in him as a 4/5th rounder.

    I lean your way as well, but can certainly understand a rookie HC wanting an former HC on staff he can bounce things off of.

    Yea, I agree, and it seems a lot of 1st year guys agree too. If Pettine chooses to go with the all young route, that would sure say something about his confidence in not needing 'mentoring' help.

  • what about wade philips?

  • I wouldn't hate it. He has always put good defenses on the field.

  • what about wade philips?

    @lbc-mike said:

    what about wade philips?

    Nah... too rigid... He's strictly a 3-4 DC.