Coordinator Hirings news
-
They've already hired Schwartz as DC, right? They're not keeping him. They'd have to make him assistant head coach and give him a pay raise equivalent to a coordinator.
Zombo
Zombo said:
They've already hired Schwartz as DC, right? They're not keeping him. They'd have to make him assistant head coach and give him a pay raise equivalent to a coordinator.
Zombo
No, they wouldn't. The rules have changed.....maybe last year was the first year....only people being asked to interview for a HC position are a automatic. Asst coaches being considered for a coordinator position can be denied the interview by the club. The Bills can say they aren't letting him out of his contract.
Poor form no doubt, but they can do it.
-
Whoever they get as OC is really important since they'll actually be calling the plays. Don't think I want Cam Cameron.
-
Zombo said:
They've already hired Schwartz as DC, right? They're not keeping him. They'd have to make him assistant head coach and give him a pay raise equivalent to a coordinator.
Zombo
No, they wouldn't. The rules have changed.....maybe last year was the first year....only people being asked to interview for a HC position are a automatic. Asst coaches being considered for a coordinator position can be denied the interview by the club. The Bills can say they aren't letting him out of his contract.
Poor form no doubt, but they can do it.
No, they wouldn't. The rules have changed.....maybe last year was the first year....only people being asked to interview for a HC position are a automatic. Asst coaches being considered for a coordinator position can be denied the interview by the club. The Bills can say they aren't letting him out of his contract.
Poor form no doubt, but they can do it.
Ahh ... so the Bills can be dicks about it and have one unhappy coach on their hands.
Didn't know it changed, thanks for the info.
Z
-
Zombo said:
Cam Cam saying he'll stay at LSU btw.
Z
Would we really want him? I mean he got relieved of his duties and the Ravens then went on to win the Super Bowl. I don't know if that screams "OC you want to hire". But there may be more to that story than I know.
-
I didn't think they could force a dude to stay there.
-
I didn't think they could force a dude to stay there.
I didn't think they could force a dude to stay there.
I copied a part of the NFL rules.
LATERAL OPPORTUNITIES• Assistant coach – to – Non Head Coach opportunitieso Note: “promotions” to coordinator level are NOT promotions under this policy; acoach is either an Assistant Coach or a Head Coach, period.• Teams retain exclusive rights to an Assistant Coach who just completed the finalseason under contract until:Trust me. Teams don't have to allow any of their assistant coaches out of their contracts if they choose to retain them.As I said before, it probably shows poor form. As stated in the blurb I posted, you are a head coach, or an assistant coach. -
As Gary Kubiak talks with Ravens (& @McClain_on_NFL expects him to be hired), Kubiak was in talks w Browns last week. Why did it break down?
It broke down because Banner wanted to call the plays

-
My prediction was right .....

-
What another slap in the face it'll be if Kubiak decides to go to Baltimore, it makes me cringe thinking about it.
-
Zombo said:
Chudzinski is available.
Zombo
If it means getting DA as starter, I'm on board.
-
Browns got permission to interview O'Neil. Rapoport said the interview's just a formality, and they plan to hire him as DC.
Not much of a surprise since Pettine already knows him.
-
Just OC to go then ....... we need someone with experience to take this job .....
-
-
Looks like Dowell Loggains or Bill Callahan...
I'd prefer Callahan as OC, but would love to see both of them on the staff somehow b/c we are going to need some NFL experience on that side of the ball and these guys have it... Loggains is currently unemployed so bringing him as OL or QB coach would be good.
-
Heard on the radio that they're looking at Jake Spavital (Texas A&m OC/ Quarterbacks coach) for OC
-
I guess Loggains' appeal is that he's experienced in many different offensive philosophies . He's worked under Tom Coughlin, Norm Chow and Sean Payton, so he's not pigeonholed into a run or pass heavy system.
I'm not thrilled about the imminent hire, but there's probably not much better than him available.
-
Heard on the radio that they're looking at Jake Spavital (Texas A&m OC/ Quarterbacks coach) for OC
-
Heard on the radio that they're looking at Jake Spavital (Texas A&m OC/ Quarterbacks coach) for OC
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
