Skip to content

A Bills fan's take on Pettine

The Browns Board
33 10 1.3k
  • on a serious note (and i mean this):

    "stay classy buffalo!"

    androkA androk wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @miktoxic said:

    on a serious note (and i mean this):

    "stay classy buffalo!"

    I hope to attend a Bills game in Cleveland with my brother some day....any advice so I don't get harassed/assaulted?

  • S Spectralcow wrote on last edited by
    #9

    We don't do that in Cleveland. You're thinking Pittsburgh.

  • @miktoxic said:

    on a serious note (and i mean this):

    "stay classy buffalo!"

    I hope to attend a Bills game in Cleveland with my brother some day....any advice so I don't get harassed/assaulted?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @androk said:

    I hope to attend a Bills game in Cleveland with my brother some day....any advice so I don't get harassed/assaulted?

    It's the same as in most any stadium. Just don't act like a jackass. Cheer for your team but don't be an asshole.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #11

    here's my advice: buy a browns' manziel jersey and wear it even though you're silently rooting for buffalo. go home stick it in a bag and 3 weeks later it'll become a collector's item after he get's dismembered on the field.

  • @androk said:

    I hope to attend a Bills game in Cleveland with my brother some day....any advice so I don't get harassed/assaulted?

    It's the same as in most any stadium. Just don't act like a jackass. Cheer for your team but don't be an asshole.

    androkA androk wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mark-o said:

    @spectralcow said:

    We don't do that in Cleveland. You're thinking Pittsburgh.

    It's the same as in most any stadium. Just don't act like a jackass. Cheer for your team but don't be an asshole.

    My experience as a Bills fan is most fans are good natured, but it only takes one asshole to ruin someone's day. I'll give opposing fans a good natured ribbing, then ask them if they are enjoying their experience. I just know a lot of fans aren't like that. Dieter on RMG was talking about how he pours piss on opposing fans, obviously I don't want that to happen.

    I'm not one to run my mouth, but I'd probably want to wear my colors. I wouldn't want to get messed with just because I have an EJ Manuel jersey on.

  • @miktoxic said:

    on a serious note (and i mean this):

    "stay classy buffalo!"

    I hope to attend a Bills game in Cleveland with my brother some day....any advice so I don't get harassed/assaulted?

    7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @androk said:

    I hope to attend a Bills game in Cleveland with my brother some day....any advice so I don't get harassed/assaulted?

    Don't walk the Muni lot with a Bills jersey you may get harassed.

  • here's my advice: buy a browns' manziel jersey and wear it even though you're silently rooting for buffalo. go home stick it in a bag and 3 weeks later it'll become a collector's item after he get's dismembered on the field.

    androkA androk wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @miktoxic said:

    here's my advice: buy a browns' manziel jersey and wear it even though you're silently rooting for buffalo. go home stick it in a bag and 3 weeks later it'll become a collector's item after he get's dismembered on the field.

    Haha. When I say my brother adopted the Browns, he is just a casual fan....nowhere near as die-hard as me. For his law-school graduation, I got him a Jim Brown jersey. He was asking for a T-Rich....I told him he didn't want him, he might be off the team in a couple years..................

  • @androk said:

    I hope to attend a Bills game in Cleveland with my brother some day....any advice so I don't get harassed/assaulted?

    Don't walk the Muni lot with a Bills jersey you may get harassed.

    androkA androk wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @7moses7 said:

    Don't walk the Muni lot with a Bills jersey you may get harassed.

    I can deal with jokes as long as it isn't serious like that...that's why I was asking. If I'm better off leaving my Bills gear at home then I'd do that.

    If I do go though, a bunch of fans in my Bills community go every year, I'd probably get tickets with them so at least I'd have a group with me.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #16

    If you act at a game as you've conducted yourself in this thread, you'll have no problem.

    Good luck to your Bills this year.

    BTW, I LOVE the wings at the Anchor Bar!

    Mike

  • androkA androk wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Ice Dawg19 said:

    Where an O.J. jersey. It'll be fun.

    See....I feel bad you lost your team for a few years. But OJ man....our most famous player ever......

    Sad thing is I'll make posts saying we need to take him off our Wall of Fame, and most Bills fans disagree with me 😕

  • @miktoxic said:

    on a serious note (and i mean this):

    "stay classy buffalo!"

    I hope to attend a Bills game in Cleveland with my brother some day....any advice so I don't get harassed/assaulted?

    BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by BrownB499
    #18

    @androk said:

    I hope to attend a Bills game in Cleveland with my brother some day....any advice so I don't get harassed/assaulted?

    There are always lots of Bills fans here when Buffalo comes to town...Hell my section looked like

    a Bills home game this year and it was a Thurs nite game...

    ...Lucky for them we won! LOL

    Wear your shit enjoy the game!

  • S Spectralcow wrote on last edited by Spectralcow
    #19

    I've lived in different parts of the country and worn different visiting teams' stuff to different stadiums/arenas, etc., and I've never had a problem. Like some of the guys have said, it's probably almost exclusively based on the way you act. I suppose there is the chance that you run into that one maniac who attacks you for no reason, but I don't think you can account for that/rule that out anywhere. I always just kind of take my chances that as long as I'm civil and good-natured, there will be enough like-minded people around that nothing will end up going too far.

    I live outside of Pittsburgh (but in Ohio), and most of the people I know around here are Pittsburgh fans. I went to a Browns game in Pittsburgh one year recently and the game mattered to the Steelers (I don't remember the details). I took a lot of good-natured ribbing, and I think some people even jokingly through some popcorn at me, but nothing got offensive or out of hand. Contrarily, I've heard that a lot of Browns fans have run into problems at games in Pittsburgh. I really think a lot of it has to do with how you yourself act. Outside of that, like I said, you can't really account for the one psycho amongst the 40k people.

    Oh, and by the way, if you win the Heisman and rush for 2,000yds in a 14-game season, you should GET to kill 2 people.

  • If you act at a game as you've conducted yourself in this thread, you'll have no problem.

    Good luck to your Bills this year.

    BTW, I LOVE the wings at the Anchor Bar!

    Mike

    androkA androk wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @canton-mike said:

    If you act at a game as you've conducted yourself in this thread, you'll have no problem.

    Good luck to your Bills this year.

    BTW, I LOVE the wings at the Anchor Bar!

    Mike

    Good to hear man, thanks.

    I went to Anchor Bar once, it was awesome. I hear Duffs is where it's at though. (I'm from Rochester, about 90 miles east of Buffalo.....though, the Bills hold Training Camp less than a mile away from my house)

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    come to the Muni lot without your Bills gear you will have a great time.You won't be dissapointed.

  • @7moses7 said:

    Don't walk the Muni lot with a Bills jersey you may get harassed.

    I can deal with jokes as long as it isn't serious like that...that's why I was asking. If I'm better off leaving my Bills gear at home then I'd do that.

    If I do go though, a bunch of fans in my Bills community go every year, I'd probably get tickets with them so at least I'd have a group with me.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @androk said:

    I can deal with jokes as long as it isn't serious like that...that's why I was asking. If I'm better off leaving my Bills gear at home then I'd do that.

    If I do go though, a bunch of fans in my Bills community go every year, I'd probably get tickets with them so at least I'd have a group with me.

    We have a mini tailgate every game in the Dock Lot & this year had a good time before & after the game with 4 Bills' Fans. Good guys & good natured teasing, but we all lamented the loss of our QBs after..

    Mike

  • I've lived in different parts of the country and worn different visiting teams' stuff to different stadiums/arenas, etc., and I've never had a problem. Like some of the guys have said, it's probably almost exclusively based on the way you act. I suppose there is the chance that you run into that one maniac who attacks you for no reason, but I don't think you can account for that/rule that out anywhere. I always just kind of take my chances that as long as I'm civil and good-natured, there will be enough like-minded people around that nothing will end up going too far.

    I live outside of Pittsburgh (but in Ohio), and most of the people I know around here are Pittsburgh fans. I went to a Browns game in Pittsburgh one year recently and the game mattered to the Steelers (I don't remember the details). I took a lot of good-natured ribbing, and I think some people even jokingly through some popcorn at me, but nothing got offensive or out of hand. Contrarily, I've heard that a lot of Browns fans have run into problems at games in Pittsburgh. I really think a lot of it has to do with how you yourself act. Outside of that, like I said, you can't really account for the one psycho amongst the 40k people.

    Oh, and by the way, if you win the Heisman and rush for 2,000yds in a 14-game season, you should GET to kill 2 people.

    androkA androk wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @spectralcow said:

    I've lived in different parts of the country and worn different visiting teams' stuff to different stadiums/arenas, etc., and I've never had a problem. Like some of the guys have said, it's probably almost exclusively based on the way you act. I suppose there is the chance that you run into that one maniac who attacks you for no reason, but I don't think you can account for that/rule that out anywhere. I always just kind of take my chances that as long as I'm civil and good-natured, there will be enough like-minded people around that nothing will end up going too far.

    I live outside of Pittsburgh (but in Ohio), and most of the people I know around here are Pittsburgh fans. I went to a Browns game in Pittsburgh one year recently and the game mattered to the Steelers (I don't remember the details). I took a lot of good-natured ribbing, and I think some people even jokingly through some popcorn at me, but nothing got offensive or out of hand. Contrarily, I've heard that a lot of Browns fans have run into problems at games in Pittsburgh. I really think a lot of it has to do with how you yourself act. Outside of that, like I said, you can't really account for the one psycho amongst the 40k people.

    Oh, and by the way, if you win the Heisman and rush for 2,000yds in a 14-game season, you should GET to kill 2 people.

    @brownb499 said:

    There are always lots of Bills fans here when Buffalo comes to town...Hell my section looked like

    a Bills home game this year and it was a Thurs nite game...

    ...Lucky for them we won! LOL

    Wear your shit enjoy the game!

    Thanks again guys, good to know.

    I was a little worried for two reasons-

    1) Dieter's comments on RMG. I didn't think Browns fans were like that, but he came off different. Guess he is not a representative.

    2) My own experience at Bills games. Unfortunately, like Dieter might not be a representative for you guys, I may not be the representative of Bills fans. The group I post on is an invite only site so basically only classy individuals get to post, because a lot of Bills fans are douches. I brought a girl who was a Miami fan to the night game a couple years ago, because she had never been to an NFL game and really wanted to go. I spent the whole summer prepping her, telling her the tailgate would be fine because those are my people (from my forum) and they'd be cool with her. I told her once we left to keep to herself. Literally soon as we left she started talking to random Bills fans in the lots and was getting fucked with. She ended up getting kicked out after another girl dumped a beer on her head so she spit at her. I've seen some screwed up shit at Bills games and I wouldn't want to be on the opposite end of it.

    From what you guys are telling me though, I wouldn't have a problem. Of course, Bills vs Miami is like Cleveland vs Pittsburgh, so our fans get a bit more intense for that rivalry.

  • @androk said:

    I can deal with jokes as long as it isn't serious like that...that's why I was asking. If I'm better off leaving my Bills gear at home then I'd do that.

    If I do go though, a bunch of fans in my Bills community go every year, I'd probably get tickets with them so at least I'd have a group with me.

    We have a mini tailgate every game in the Dock Lot & this year had a good time before & after the game with 4 Bills' Fans. Good guys & good natured teasing, but we all lamented the loss of our QBs after..

    Mike

    androkA androk wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @canton-mike said:

    We have a mini tailgate every game in the Dock Lot & this year had a good time before & after the game with 4 Bills' Fans. Good guys & good natured teasing, but we all lamented the loss of our QBs after..

    Mike

    As someone who had both Gordon and Cameron on my fantasy team, I lamented the loss of Hoyer as well....

  • come to the Muni lot without your Bills gear you will have a great time.You won't be dissapointed.

    androkA androk wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @7moses7 said:

    come to the Muni lot without your Bills gear you will have a great time.You won't be dissapointed.

    ^This guy, lol

  • @spectralcow said:

    I've lived in different parts of the country and worn different visiting teams' stuff to different stadiums/arenas, etc., and I've never had a problem. Like some of the guys have said, it's probably almost exclusively based on the way you act. I suppose there is the chance that you run into that one maniac who attacks you for no reason, but I don't think you can account for that/rule that out anywhere. I always just kind of take my chances that as long as I'm civil and good-natured, there will be enough like-minded people around that nothing will end up going too far.

    I live outside of Pittsburgh (but in Ohio), and most of the people I know around here are Pittsburgh fans. I went to a Browns game in Pittsburgh one year recently and the game mattered to the Steelers (I don't remember the details). I took a lot of good-natured ribbing, and I think some people even jokingly through some popcorn at me, but nothing got offensive or out of hand. Contrarily, I've heard that a lot of Browns fans have run into problems at games in Pittsburgh. I really think a lot of it has to do with how you yourself act. Outside of that, like I said, you can't really account for the one psycho amongst the 40k people.

    Oh, and by the way, if you win the Heisman and rush for 2,000yds in a 14-game season, you should GET to kill 2 people.

    @brownb499 said:

    There are always lots of Bills fans here when Buffalo comes to town...Hell my section looked like

    a Bills home game this year and it was a Thurs nite game...

    ...Lucky for them we won! LOL

    Wear your shit enjoy the game!

    Thanks again guys, good to know.

    I was a little worried for two reasons-

    1) Dieter's comments on RMG. I didn't think Browns fans were like that, but he came off different. Guess he is not a representative.

    2) My own experience at Bills games. Unfortunately, like Dieter might not be a representative for you guys, I may not be the representative of Bills fans. The group I post on is an invite only site so basically only classy individuals get to post, because a lot of Bills fans are douches. I brought a girl who was a Miami fan to the night game a couple years ago, because she had never been to an NFL game and really wanted to go. I spent the whole summer prepping her, telling her the tailgate would be fine because those are my people (from my forum) and they'd be cool with her. I told her once we left to keep to herself. Literally soon as we left she started talking to random Bills fans in the lots and was getting fucked with. She ended up getting kicked out after another girl dumped a beer on her head so she spit at her. I've seen some screwed up shit at Bills games and I wouldn't want to be on the opposite end of it.

    From what you guys are telling me though, I wouldn't have a problem. Of course, Bills vs Miami is like Cleveland vs Pittsburgh, so our fans get a bit more intense for that rivalry.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @androk said:

    From what you guys are telling me though, I wouldn't have a problem. Of course, Bills vs Miami is like Cleveland vs Pittsburgh, so our fans get a bit more intense for that rivalry.

    Again...don't act like a jackass and you'll be fine. If it happens to be the game that all of us travel in from all over the world (literally) we do a big tailgate for that game you would be more than welcome to join us there.

  • @androk said:

    From what you guys are telling me though, I wouldn't have a problem. Of course, Bills vs Miami is like Cleveland vs Pittsburgh, so our fans get a bit more intense for that rivalry.

    Again...don't act like a jackass and you'll be fine. If it happens to be the game that all of us travel in from all over the world (literally) we do a big tailgate for that game you would be more than welcome to join us there.

    androkA androk wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mark-o said:

    Again...don't act like a jackass and you'll be fine. If it happens to be the game that all of us travel in from all over the world (literally) we do a big tailgate for that game you would be more than welcome to join us there.

    I'd most likely tailgate where my Billievers brothers tailgate (Billievers.com is our site).

    But thank you all for reassuring me. I went to the game vs Miami this past year and there were 4 Miami fans at our tailgate, I chatted with them for about half an hour. I think it's absurd to be nasty to another person just because they like a different football team.

    If you guys have more questions about Pettine, lemme have em!