A Bills fan's take on Pettine
-
I hope to attend a Bills game in Cleveland with my brother some day....any advice so I don't get harassed/assaulted?
There are always lots of Bills fans here when Buffalo comes to town...Hell my section looked like
a Bills home game this year and it was a Thurs nite game...
...Lucky for them we won! LOL
Wear your shit enjoy the game!
-
I've lived in different parts of the country and worn different visiting teams' stuff to different stadiums/arenas, etc., and I've never had a problem. Like some of the guys have said, it's probably almost exclusively based on the way you act. I suppose there is the chance that you run into that one maniac who attacks you for no reason, but I don't think you can account for that/rule that out anywhere. I always just kind of take my chances that as long as I'm civil and good-natured, there will be enough like-minded people around that nothing will end up going too far.
I live outside of Pittsburgh (but in Ohio), and most of the people I know around here are Pittsburgh fans. I went to a Browns game in Pittsburgh one year recently and the game mattered to the Steelers (I don't remember the details). I took a lot of good-natured ribbing, and I think some people even jokingly through some popcorn at me, but nothing got offensive or out of hand. Contrarily, I've heard that a lot of Browns fans have run into problems at games in Pittsburgh. I really think a lot of it has to do with how you yourself act. Outside of that, like I said, you can't really account for the one psycho amongst the 40k people.
Oh, and by the way, if you win the Heisman and rush for 2,000yds in a 14-game season, you should GET to kill 2 people.
-
If you act at a game as you've conducted yourself in this thread, you'll have no problem.
Good luck to your Bills this year.
BTW, I LOVE the wings at the Anchor Bar!
Mike
If you act at a game as you've conducted yourself in this thread, you'll have no problem.
Good luck to your Bills this year.
BTW, I LOVE the wings at the Anchor Bar!
Mike
Good to hear man, thanks.
I went to Anchor Bar once, it was awesome. I hear Duffs is where it's at though. (I'm from Rochester, about 90 miles east of Buffalo.....though, the Bills hold Training Camp less than a mile away from my house)
-
-
Don't walk the Muni lot with a Bills jersey you may get harassed.
I can deal with jokes as long as it isn't serious like that...that's why I was asking. If I'm better off leaving my Bills gear at home then I'd do that.
If I do go though, a bunch of fans in my Bills community go every year, I'd probably get tickets with them so at least I'd have a group with me.
I can deal with jokes as long as it isn't serious like that...that's why I was asking. If I'm better off leaving my Bills gear at home then I'd do that.
If I do go though, a bunch of fans in my Bills community go every year, I'd probably get tickets with them so at least I'd have a group with me.
We have a mini tailgate every game in the Dock Lot & this year had a good time before & after the game with 4 Bills' Fans. Good guys & good natured teasing, but we all lamented the loss of our QBs after..
Mike
-
I've lived in different parts of the country and worn different visiting teams' stuff to different stadiums/arenas, etc., and I've never had a problem. Like some of the guys have said, it's probably almost exclusively based on the way you act. I suppose there is the chance that you run into that one maniac who attacks you for no reason, but I don't think you can account for that/rule that out anywhere. I always just kind of take my chances that as long as I'm civil and good-natured, there will be enough like-minded people around that nothing will end up going too far.
I live outside of Pittsburgh (but in Ohio), and most of the people I know around here are Pittsburgh fans. I went to a Browns game in Pittsburgh one year recently and the game mattered to the Steelers (I don't remember the details). I took a lot of good-natured ribbing, and I think some people even jokingly through some popcorn at me, but nothing got offensive or out of hand. Contrarily, I've heard that a lot of Browns fans have run into problems at games in Pittsburgh. I really think a lot of it has to do with how you yourself act. Outside of that, like I said, you can't really account for the one psycho amongst the 40k people.
Oh, and by the way, if you win the Heisman and rush for 2,000yds in a 14-game season, you should GET to kill 2 people.
I've lived in different parts of the country and worn different visiting teams' stuff to different stadiums/arenas, etc., and I've never had a problem. Like some of the guys have said, it's probably almost exclusively based on the way you act. I suppose there is the chance that you run into that one maniac who attacks you for no reason, but I don't think you can account for that/rule that out anywhere. I always just kind of take my chances that as long as I'm civil and good-natured, there will be enough like-minded people around that nothing will end up going too far.
I live outside of Pittsburgh (but in Ohio), and most of the people I know around here are Pittsburgh fans. I went to a Browns game in Pittsburgh one year recently and the game mattered to the Steelers (I don't remember the details). I took a lot of good-natured ribbing, and I think some people even jokingly through some popcorn at me, but nothing got offensive or out of hand. Contrarily, I've heard that a lot of Browns fans have run into problems at games in Pittsburgh. I really think a lot of it has to do with how you yourself act. Outside of that, like I said, you can't really account for the one psycho amongst the 40k people.
Oh, and by the way, if you win the Heisman and rush for 2,000yds in a 14-game season, you should GET to kill 2 people.
There are always lots of Bills fans here when Buffalo comes to town...Hell my section looked like
a Bills home game this year and it was a Thurs nite game...
...Lucky for them we won! LOL
Wear your shit enjoy the game!
Thanks again guys, good to know.
I was a little worried for two reasons-
1) Dieter's comments on RMG. I didn't think Browns fans were like that, but he came off different. Guess he is not a representative.
2) My own experience at Bills games. Unfortunately, like Dieter might not be a representative for you guys, I may not be the representative of Bills fans. The group I post on is an invite only site so basically only classy individuals get to post, because a lot of Bills fans are douches. I brought a girl who was a Miami fan to the night game a couple years ago, because she had never been to an NFL game and really wanted to go. I spent the whole summer prepping her, telling her the tailgate would be fine because those are my people (from my forum) and they'd be cool with her. I told her once we left to keep to herself. Literally soon as we left she started talking to random Bills fans in the lots and was getting fucked with. She ended up getting kicked out after another girl dumped a beer on her head so she spit at her. I've seen some screwed up shit at Bills games and I wouldn't want to be on the opposite end of it.
From what you guys are telling me though, I wouldn't have a problem. Of course, Bills vs Miami is like Cleveland vs Pittsburgh, so our fans get a bit more intense for that rivalry.
-
I can deal with jokes as long as it isn't serious like that...that's why I was asking. If I'm better off leaving my Bills gear at home then I'd do that.
If I do go though, a bunch of fans in my Bills community go every year, I'd probably get tickets with them so at least I'd have a group with me.
We have a mini tailgate every game in the Dock Lot & this year had a good time before & after the game with 4 Bills' Fans. Good guys & good natured teasing, but we all lamented the loss of our QBs after..
Mike
We have a mini tailgate every game in the Dock Lot & this year had a good time before & after the game with 4 Bills' Fans. Good guys & good natured teasing, but we all lamented the loss of our QBs after..
Mike
As someone who had both Gordon and Cameron on my fantasy team, I lamented the loss of Hoyer as well....
-
come to the Muni lot without your Bills gear you will have a great time.You won't be dissapointed.
-
I've lived in different parts of the country and worn different visiting teams' stuff to different stadiums/arenas, etc., and I've never had a problem. Like some of the guys have said, it's probably almost exclusively based on the way you act. I suppose there is the chance that you run into that one maniac who attacks you for no reason, but I don't think you can account for that/rule that out anywhere. I always just kind of take my chances that as long as I'm civil and good-natured, there will be enough like-minded people around that nothing will end up going too far.
I live outside of Pittsburgh (but in Ohio), and most of the people I know around here are Pittsburgh fans. I went to a Browns game in Pittsburgh one year recently and the game mattered to the Steelers (I don't remember the details). I took a lot of good-natured ribbing, and I think some people even jokingly through some popcorn at me, but nothing got offensive or out of hand. Contrarily, I've heard that a lot of Browns fans have run into problems at games in Pittsburgh. I really think a lot of it has to do with how you yourself act. Outside of that, like I said, you can't really account for the one psycho amongst the 40k people.
Oh, and by the way, if you win the Heisman and rush for 2,000yds in a 14-game season, you should GET to kill 2 people.
There are always lots of Bills fans here when Buffalo comes to town...Hell my section looked like
a Bills home game this year and it was a Thurs nite game...
...Lucky for them we won! LOL
Wear your shit enjoy the game!
Thanks again guys, good to know.
I was a little worried for two reasons-
1) Dieter's comments on RMG. I didn't think Browns fans were like that, but he came off different. Guess he is not a representative.
2) My own experience at Bills games. Unfortunately, like Dieter might not be a representative for you guys, I may not be the representative of Bills fans. The group I post on is an invite only site so basically only classy individuals get to post, because a lot of Bills fans are douches. I brought a girl who was a Miami fan to the night game a couple years ago, because she had never been to an NFL game and really wanted to go. I spent the whole summer prepping her, telling her the tailgate would be fine because those are my people (from my forum) and they'd be cool with her. I told her once we left to keep to herself. Literally soon as we left she started talking to random Bills fans in the lots and was getting fucked with. She ended up getting kicked out after another girl dumped a beer on her head so she spit at her. I've seen some screwed up shit at Bills games and I wouldn't want to be on the opposite end of it.
From what you guys are telling me though, I wouldn't have a problem. Of course, Bills vs Miami is like Cleveland vs Pittsburgh, so our fans get a bit more intense for that rivalry.
From what you guys are telling me though, I wouldn't have a problem. Of course, Bills vs Miami is like Cleveland vs Pittsburgh, so our fans get a bit more intense for that rivalry.
Again...don't act like a jackass and you'll be fine. If it happens to be the game that all of us travel in from all over the world (literally) we do a big tailgate for that game you would be more than welcome to join us there.
-
From what you guys are telling me though, I wouldn't have a problem. Of course, Bills vs Miami is like Cleveland vs Pittsburgh, so our fans get a bit more intense for that rivalry.
Again...don't act like a jackass and you'll be fine. If it happens to be the game that all of us travel in from all over the world (literally) we do a big tailgate for that game you would be more than welcome to join us there.
Again...don't act like a jackass and you'll be fine. If it happens to be the game that all of us travel in from all over the world (literally) we do a big tailgate for that game you would be more than welcome to join us there.
I'd most likely tailgate where my Billievers brothers tailgate (Billievers.com is our site).
But thank you all for reassuring me. I went to the game vs Miami this past year and there were 4 Miami fans at our tailgate, I chatted with them for about half an hour. I think it's absurd to be nasty to another person just because they like a different football team.
If you guys have more questions about Pettine, lemme have em!
-
From what you guys are telling me though, I wouldn't have a problem. Of course, Bills vs Miami is like Cleveland vs Pittsburgh, so our fans get a bit more intense for that rivalry.
Again...don't act like a jackass and you'll be fine. If it happens to be the game that all of us travel in from all over the world (literally) we do a big tailgate for that game you would be more than welcome to join us there.
Again...don't act like a jackass and you'll be fine. If it happens to be the game that all of us travel in from all over the world (literally) we do a big tailgate for that game you would be more than welcome to join us there.
And actually, if you do that, I'd love to go. Who says it has to be against the Bills?
-
Again...don't act like a jackass and you'll be fine. If it happens to be the game that all of us travel in from all over the world (literally) we do a big tailgate for that game you would be more than welcome to join us there.
I'd most likely tailgate where my Billievers brothers tailgate (Billievers.com is our site).
But thank you all for reassuring me. I went to the game vs Miami this past year and there were 4 Miami fans at our tailgate, I chatted with them for about half an hour. I think it's absurd to be nasty to another person just because they like a different football team.
If you guys have more questions about Pettine, lemme have em!
I think it's absurd to be nasty to another person just because they like a different football team.
you are totally correct there sir. that and people cheering when i guy gets injured.
classless.
the world is a lot bigger and there's a lot more going on than just a 3 hour game on a sunday.
-
Androk having opponent fans there to give us someone to jaw with makes the game fun in my opinion. A little good natured shit talking back and forth is a healthy activity at an NFL game. As everyone else said unless you do something completely idiotic you have nothing to worry about. Honestly ( and somewhat sadly) at the home games in Cleveland against the Bills the stadium is half blue.
-
-
dont wear an old Marshawn Lynch jersey with the name duck taped over, stay with the classics like Kelly, Thomas, Reed or Smith
Better were all of them wearing Mcgahee jerseys this year
-
dont wear an old Marshawn Lynch jersey with the name duck taped over, stay with the classics like Kelly, Thomas, Reed or Smith
Better were all of them wearing Mcgahee jerseys this year
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login