Skip to content

What is Your Fave Shows on Premium Cable?

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
69 14 3.1k
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #15

    When I said Politically correct, I guess I meant the way they portrayed women the way they really were back then. If you kmow what I mean.

  • When I said Politically correct, I guess I meant the way they portrayed women the way they really were back then. If you kmow what I mean.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    When I said Politically correct, I guess I meant the way they portrayed women the way they really were back then. If you kmow what I mean.

    politically correct or not, women haven't changed a bit.

    true detective stepped up a couple of notches tonite. gotta see it.

    will be off the chains next sunday.

    also the return of the walking dead. hate that friggin kid. get a haircut punk.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Just binge watched all three seasons of game of thrones whilst preparing for.the fourth. Game of thrones is the shit. Easily my favorite show with walking dead currently second.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    what is considered "Premium Cable" ?

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #19

    old school:

    Sopranos

    Six Feet Under

    Mad Men

    Breaking Bad

    The Shield

    The Wire

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #20

    My Wife likes those crime shows. She and her best friend worked as investigators with their

    aunt's criminal investigator agency way back in the day, in college.

    Their aunt was the first woman in Ohio to get her license as such. She also likes

    Criminal Intent, and Law and Order, and that's when I often get on the computer...

    We both love the NCIS shows, and I remember how I could have gone for months

    of training in OSI, cept I didn't want to re-enlist.

    Our favorite shows are:

    TCM - Turner Classic Movies, the old movies, often in b and w. So many of them had

    really terrific plots. I record the old Roy Rogers shows off the Western channel....

    NCIS

    NCIS, LA

    Duck Dynasty

    Survivor

    Swamp People

    American Restoration

    Browns football and Nascar

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #21

    My favorite show of all time, a movie.... I saw when I was a kid - "The Legend of the Scarecrow", on Disney.

    Next favorite all time show, was the old Carol Burnett shows with Tim Conway.

    The Scarecrow was the leader of a group of American rebels, during the Revolutionary War, and he wore a scarecrow mask.

    It was awesome. They never played it again. I actually asked someone at Disney one time about it,

    on a tour of their studios. He went off, and looked it up, and told me that they never plan to run it again.

    I imagine it's a copyright issue or something.

  • My favorite show of all time, a movie.... I saw when I was a kid - "The Legend of the Scarecrow", on Disney.

    Next favorite all time show, was the old Carol Burnett shows with Tim Conway.

    The Scarecrow was the leader of a group of American rebels, during the Revolutionary War, and he wore a scarecrow mask.

    It was awesome. They never played it again. I actually asked someone at Disney one time about it,

    on a tour of their studios. He went off, and looked it up, and told me that they never plan to run it again.

    I imagine it's a copyright issue or something.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @calfoxwc said:

    My favorite show of all time, a movie.... I saw when I was a kid - "The Legend of the Scarecrow", on Disney.

    Is this the show you speaketh of?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #23

    YES ! I loved that show. I don't remember the song being so annoying...

    but the show was really dramatic. And spooky.

    Reminded me of Zorro in a few ways.

    I also loved all the Daniel Boone shows.

    Also, I forgot about the "Swamp Fox" shows.

    Those -were- the Revolutionary War stories.

    Loved em both. I was an adventurous kid,

    patriotic when I was born.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #24

  • @calfoxwc said:

    My favorite show of all time, a movie.... I saw when I was a kid - "The Legend of the Scarecrow", on Disney.

    Is this the show you speaketh of?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Zombo said:

    Is this the show you speaketh of?

    I believe that the guy that portrayed The Scarecrow was Patrick McGoohan.....he of Secret Agent/Prisoner fame.

    He had a much better theme song in this role:

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I get a few months off HBO with the Direct TV installation so I've set it to record true detective. Everybody says it's great, we shall see. Also season 3 of Game of Thrones.

    I remember thinking the original the prisoner was pretty damn cool. I wonder if it will stand up to time?

    WSS

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Season 1-3 of game.of.thrones is on demand I believe. Might as well start at one or you'll have no.idea what the Hell is going on.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #28

    I already did one.

    I wish the fucker would get off his ass and write the last book...

    WSS

  • I already did one.

    I wish the fucker would get off his ass and write the last book...

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @westside-steve said:

    I already did one.

    I wish the fucker would get off his ass and write the last book...

    WSS

    If you are talking about Game of Thrones, there are two more books that he plans to write. See this:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #30

    The show is quickly going to run out of source material

  • Season 1-3 of game.of.thrones is on demand I believe. Might as well start at one or you'll have no.idea what the Hell is going on.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Season 1-3 of game.of.thrones is on demand I believe. Might as well start at one or you'll have no.idea what the Hell is going on.

    shits crazy. kill off a whole family and try and focus on other characters.

    true detective was a solid contender for major awards and i would say harrelson and mcconaghey's performances were emmy award winning............

    the Walking Dead still does the shivers for me.

    shit is off the hook.

  • @westside-steve said:

    I already did one.

    I wish the fucker would get off his ass and write the last book...

    WSS

    If you are talking about Game of Thrones, there are two more books that he plans to write. See this:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @the-gipper said:

    If you are talking about Game of Thrones, there are two more books that he plans to write. See this:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

    That's been promised for years.

    WSS

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by BadNewsBrowns
    #33

    Is season 4 of Walking Dead any good? I followed it through the first 2 seasons which I thought were decent but for me season 3 got worse and worse each episode to the point where I didn't even bother watching the finale. Horrible acting corny characters bad storyline..

    True Detectives was pretty bad ass... they're going to make a second season but with different actors, plot etc.. it'll be hard to live up to Harrelson & McConaughey will be interesting to see who they cast.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #34

    I watched the first few episodes of The Walking Dead back in the old days but could never get rolling with it.

    Downloading true detective as we speak.

    WSS