Skip to content

Seahawks likely to be a dynasty?

The Browns Board
19 12 863
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Well... if they do become a dynasty, then at least they cannot keep us from getting to the SB...

    ... so we have that going for us...

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I don't think that they've just "lucked out" and found players with inherent Pro Bowl talent in the later rounds. I think 95% of players drafted have the ability to play in the Pro Bowl, they just have to be in the right system.

    Seattle recognized that the attributes people claim as key for a position aren't necessarily important in their system. Size, stature and arm power aren't what makes a QB a QB. Olympic sprinters and undersized, quick twitch DB's won't fare well in their defense.

    Seattle moneyballed the NFL. They're changing the dynamics of what makes a prospect a great prospect.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Honestly, the way contracts and salary caps are it's hard to have a dynasty anymore. They're going to odds on to win again next for sure, but Sherman/Wilson/Chancellor etc are going to be one year closer to commanding huge contracts they'll get. Money talks and there's only so many players a franchise can pay. It'll come down to how well they draft which is always a crap shoot. It is possible though that's for sure.

    Yep, they have been fortunate to have a 2nd year, third round draft pick playing QB and a 3rd year, 5th round CB as their best defensive player. Paying them peanuts. Gives them a lot of latitude to fill the roster with veterans.

    Eventually Wilson will get a Flaccoesque contract and Sherman will become the highest paid corner to ever play the game. Then you have to let some of your starters go and lose depth.

    They will always be contenders though because they have Coach + Quarterback.

    Zombo

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Zombo said:

    Yep, they have been fortunate to have a 2nd year, third round draft pick playing QB and a 3rd year, 5th round CB as their best defensive player. Paying them peanuts. Gives them a lot of latitude to fill the roster with veterans.

    Eventually Wilson will get a Flaccoesque contract and Sherman will become the highest paid corner to ever play the game. Then you have to let some of your starters go and lose depth.

    They will always be contenders though because they have Coach + Quarterback.

    Zombo

    we will see about the contract. Wilson does not strike me as the type of guy that needs big money or demands it. Especially if things go very well in Texas this spring. Man I'm growing a man-crush on this kid. He is a winner in every sense of the word.

  • True and true, Z and jrb, but nothing says what they found once they cannot find again. They do have the advantage of knowing they are capable of assembling a Championship team.

    Plus they have the advantage of having a HC/ organization that players love to play for, and since they allegedly select/ sign players that love the game above all else, that means many players may well be willing to take less pay to continue in Seattle. Very reminiscent of the Pats of the 2000's... arguably that decade's Dynasty.

    Dynasty? If 2 more SB victories in the 2010's qualifies as a "Dynasty", I think they will be one. But one thing I know is that they will be relevant for some time to come.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tour2ma said:

    True and true, Z and jrb, but nothing says what they found once they cannot find again. They do have the advantage of knowing they are capable of assembling a Championship team.

    Plus they have the advantage of having a HC/ organization that players love to play for, and since they allegedly select/ sign players that love the game above all else, that means many players may well be willing to take less pay to continue in Seattle. Very reminiscent of the Pats of the 2000's... arguably that decade's Dynasty.

    Dynasty? If 2 more SB victories in the 2010's qualifies as a "Dynasty", I think they will be one. But one thing I know is that they will be relevant for some time to come.

    yep you're right on with that, solid veteran guys will take discounts to play there for a chance at a ring. In the end though it's going to come down to how well they draft, but the way they've drafted previously makes it hard to think they'll suddenly mess it all up. They could easily get there but will likely lose a guy like Thomas III or Chancellor paying other guys. It'll be interesting to watch, but my God they're gonna be tough to beat again next year barring injuries. I'm overall happy though, it least it's a fresh new team and not the Pats, Giants, Steelers and 49er's. They've won too much and it's sickening haha.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Personally I hope they suck next year. I'm tired of hearing about the fuckers already.

    WSS

  • Personally I hope they suck next year. I'm tired of hearing about the fuckers already.

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @westside-steve said:

    Personally I hope they suck next year. I'm tired of hearing about the fuckers already.

    WSS

    Keep some perspective....the fucking Ravens won last year......and we could be hearing about their sorry asses or the fucking Steelers.

    Hearing about the Seahawks is a lot better than those alternatives, to me anyway.

    But yea, sure, they won theirs. Now for some other fresh blood?:

    Can the Falcons rebound from their bad year?

    Can the Chiefs keep improving and go even farther?

    Can the Chargers get past the first round?

    Will the Lions actually play up to potential?

    Will the Bengals deliver on their recent promise?

    Will the Jets become more than just a blowhard team?

    Will the Texans stop being DumbAsses?

    Will the Panthers take additional steps?

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Perhaps I wasnt quite clear enough. Any professional football team with a logo on the helmet can blow me.

    😁

    WSS

  • @tour2ma said:

    True and true, Z and jrb, but nothing says what they found once they cannot find again. They do have the advantage of knowing they are capable of assembling a Championship team.

    Plus they have the advantage of having a HC/ organization that players love to play for, and since they allegedly select/ sign players that love the game above all else, that means many players may well be willing to take less pay to continue in Seattle. Very reminiscent of the Pats of the 2000's... arguably that decade's Dynasty.

    Dynasty? If 2 more SB victories in the 2010's qualifies as a "Dynasty", I think they will be one. But one thing I know is that they will be relevant for some time to come.

    yep you're right on with that, solid veteran guys will take discounts to play there for a chance at a ring. In the end though it's going to come down to how well they draft, but the way they've drafted previously makes it hard to think they'll suddenly mess it all up. They could easily get there but will likely lose a guy like Thomas III or Chancellor paying other guys. It'll be interesting to watch, but my God they're gonna be tough to beat again next year barring injuries. I'm overall happy though, it least it's a fresh new team and not the Pats, Giants, Steelers and 49er's. They've won too much and it's sickening haha.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @jrb12711 said:

    ...my God they're gonna be tough to beat again next year barring injuries.

    Yup... and in that stadium... what an awesome design for a noise machine...

    @westside-steve said:

    Any professional football team with a logo on the helmet can blow me.

    LMAO...

    In approaching three years here I have never seen a quote that captures the pulse of this place so succinctly that it deserves to be the official slogan of this site.

    While I cannot make that happen, I can put it in my sig...

    Well done, sir...

  • Perhaps I wasnt quite clear enough. Any professional football team with a logo on the helmet can blow me.

    😁

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @westside-steve said:

    Perhaps I wasnt quite clear enough. Any professional football team with a logo on the helmet can blow me.

    😁

    WSS

    All 53 members of the roster?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Perhaps I wasnt quite clear enough. Any professional football team with a logo on the helmet can blow me.

    😁

    WSS

    All 53 members of the roster?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @the-gipper said:

    All 53 members of the roster?

    Don't forget the coaching staff the front office and the cheerleaders. 0h and Kosar for president, says he recently came out of the closet....

    Looks like I will need to break out the neosporin...

    WSS