Skip to content

Sleepers in 2014 NFL Draft

The Browns Board
67 18 2.0k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #58

    I am posting what I think...

    Stick to facts, make a logical argument and so will I...

    Start name-calling, which I will not stoop to, and we're done...

    Your call...

  • J J0hnnybg00d wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Hoyer, Bridgewater, and Bortles are good... Manziel sucks. Why would anyone want a streetballer to play for the Browns? This is Manziel in the huddle " Ok guys i don't have any idea what the defense is doing...so snap me the ball and i'll run around till someone gets open or i'll just run it myself and drop my shoulder and run over linebackers". He's more clueless than Weedone but can run. I was once blinded by his legs/heart and thought he was the man,but as a Brownsfan i don't want clueless behind center anymore. Read the week 3 and 4 game impressions if you want to understand the Hoyer love. We went from "its over" to "hey we can win". We went from thinking the team sucked except for a couple guys to thinking that the team was good and only a smart QB away from having something. Seems like only the writers and bloggers put Hoyer down in order to show off their new college QB thats gunna take us to the promise land. At least name a QB thats smarter than he is fast.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @mike-h said:

    After hi-jacking this thread enough, which was a good discussion about draft sleepers, I'm going to say this before leaving:

    How many teams need quarterbacks this season? There is going to be a "run" on them early on, and I'm starting to lean in Bridgewater's direction as the best prospect available. I was liking Bortles after watching a couple of his games, but after watching a few more last night I think he's not great at any one thing. Average arm, good mobility, does make progressions, but he doesn't look like he sees the game as fast as TB or even JF.

    After watching 8+ games of each, I see it:

    1a. Bridgewater

    1b. Manziel

    2. Bortles

    Derek Carr would not be No. 3 unless others really fail to impress me. Am not a fan, but that's well-known I think.

    If both TB and Manziel are gone, I don't know if I'd take Bortles or anyone else with the No. 4 pick, and actually do it your way by taking a QB later. I could get behind a trade of some kind, but which direction do they go? If Clowney, Manziel and TB are all off the board, I would think about trading down or taking Watkins, I guess, because he will be a good-great NFL receiver--I don't doubt that.

    The only question I have now is whether I would trade up for either of those two quarterbacks.

    And I'm not sure. Good thing it's early February.

    This is one thing I can partially agree on. I think Teddy B is the best and most NFL ready QB prospect in this draft. Manziel is too risky IMO.

    Worth trading up for him? Too early to be seen. Right now I'm inclined to say no for what it'd probably cost. I don't believe the Manziel/Houston hype all that much. I think if they do end up taking Manziel then the Jags have a good chance of taking him or at least strongly considering taking him.

    That's why I'm on the Watkins/Clowney/Garappolo side of things 😎

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #61

    @mike-h said:

    If Clowney, Manziel and TB are all off the board, I would think about trading down or taking Watkins, I guess, because he will be a good-great NFL receiver--I don't doubt that.

    Good stuff... and nothing I can argue with... dammit...

    But only because as far as that analysis goes we end up in the same place... no QB drafted at #4, but maybe my precious...

    Now quit making me derail my own thread... 😉

    Meanwhile, ya gots any sleepers?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @mike-h said:

    Sorry for being a dick, but I'm kind of an asshole sometimes.

    Me, too...

    But at least we're two of the more literate assholes on the board...

  • @mike-h said:

    Sorry for being a dick, but I'm kind of an asshole sometimes.

    Me, too...

    But at least we're two of the more literate assholes on the board...

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @tour2ma said:

    Me, too...

    But at least we're two of the more literate assholes on the board...

    *literal

  • @tour2ma said:

    Me, too...

    But at least we're two of the more literate assholes on the board...

    *literal

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    *literal

    lol... and baby makes three...

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #65

    Had to do it. It was a good set up.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #66

    Taken in the spirit with which it was intended...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #67

    Playing with the draft sim has brought a couple more potential sleepers to my attention. If you've played it you know the situation...

    You're entering the middle rounds and the players you had pegged for next two picks are taken three and six spots ahead of you...

    Kinda expands your horizons in a hurry...

    Anyway here are some of those names I dug up. I've just started watching tape on them, but like what I see so far...



    Yawin Smallwood (ILB-UConn-R2/3) - Underclassman I was not paying attention to... I am now...


    Seantrel Henderson (OT-MIAMI-R4/5) - huge (6'7-331), but fast (5.06?) and looks agile... could be a zone scheme dream at a bargain basement price...


    Martavis Bryant (WR-CLEMSON-R2/3) - tall and fast, here is the "other" Clemson WR that those with a QB-Jones can land


    Ryan Grant (WR-TULANE-R4) - another slightly bigger, slightly slower possession WR alternative to Abbrederis, if Jared is not there...

    ... and last but not least...


    Kenny Lander (FS-VANDY-R4/5) - starting to make me forget my longer shot FS, KSU's Zimmerman... check out his Senior Year line: 5 FFs... 5 INTS... 87 tackles including 60 solos...