Skip to content

For My Fellow QB Naysayers... Gun to Head, Which One Do You Take?

The Browns Board
70 25 1.8k
  • Bridgewater. Been a hot topic for two years now. Manziel is just a flavor right now. And as far as Bortles goes he's everyones favorite qb no one was talking about 2months ago. I seen enough of Carr's brother.

    Although u want me to pick I may just have u pull the trigger before Im forced to pick from these C+ Qbs.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @cdl15 said:

    Bridgewater. Been a hot topic for two years now. Manziel is just a flavor right now. And as far as Bortles goes he's everyones favorite qb no one was talking about 2months ago. I seen enough of Carr's brother.

    Although u want me to pick I may just have u pull the trigger before Im forced to pick from these C+ Qbs.

    Manziel won the Heisman in 2012. The same year Teddy started his first full season.

    Brilliant analysis once again.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Bridgewater-(at least at this point) that clip in the Hoyer thread convinced me. Plenty mobile enough, quick release, decent accuracy, generally makes good decisions under pressure. Can stand to add 10 pounds- but that shouldn't be a problem when football is your full time job.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #12

    Manziel. could be great, could bust.

    Bortles comparisons to Roethlisberger without the rape charge

    Bilgewater. most overall acceptance by scouts and media guys who wind up being wrong but...

    Carr. he's the 4th one you listed.

    I would prefer to take a different player at number 4 an ad then see which one of these guys drops to the bottom of the first round. If they are all taken then I go with McCarron or Garappolo in the 2nd or 3rd round.

    by then I will have a top rated receiver, guard, linebacker or safety and running back

    WSS

  • Bridgewater. Been a hot topic for two years now. Manziel is just a flavor right now. And as far as Bortles goes he's everyones favorite qb no one was talking about 2months ago. I seen enough of Carr's brother.

    Although u want me to pick I may just have u pull the trigger before Im forced to pick from these C+ Qbs.

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @cdl15 said:

    Bridgewater. Been a hot topic for two years now. Manziel is just a flavor right now. And as far as Bortles goes he's everyones favorite qb no one was talking about 2months ago. I seen enough of Carr's brother.

    Although u want me to pick I may just have u pull the trigger before Im forced to pick from these C+ Qbs.

    yawwwn this guy again... Lol... Keep sitting on ur soapbox...maybe someday Ull be listened to..next troll please
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Derek Carr. He's the most mature QB in the group. Seems the most far along in the transition to the NFL. Maybe it's because his older brother has already been through it, both as a number one overall selection to an expansion team...and as a "bust". I think he understands what it takes to succeed in the NFL. He doesn't seem to have stars in his eyes as to what the NFL is. He wants to be the best, and I see him as a guy that will put in the work needed to do that. He may have the best arm out of the group, he can make all the throws. He's not a scrambler but he's not a statue either. Seems smart enough to manage a team and grounded enough to lead it to success over a long period of time. That's all I can think of right now...

  • B beare wrote on last edited by
    #15

    BRIDGEWATER- manziel i dont think will hold up- im not sold on bortles at all. I think bridgewater is the 1 most ready for the pros

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #16

    Drum roll, please...

    I take Bortles..

    I take Bortles because of the Big 4 prospects in the draft Blake has:

    • far and away has the best arm; and
    • both the athleticism and physique to survive the learning process that all the prospects will have to endure.

    In short, I see the biggest upside in Bortles.

  • Drum roll, please...

    I take Bortles..

    I take Bortles because of the Big 4 prospects in the draft Blake has:

    • far and away has the best arm; and
    • both the athleticism and physique to survive the learning process that all the prospects will have to endure.

    In short, I see the biggest upside in Bortles.

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tour2ma said:

    Drum roll, please...

    I take Bortles..

    I take Bortles because of the Big 4 prospects in the draft Blake has:

    • far and away has the best arm; and
    • both the athleticism and physic to survive the learning process that all the prospects will have to endure.
    In short, I see the biggest upside in Bortles.
    yea I like this too...

    Bridgewater for immediate results.

    Bortles for long term potential.

    Carr & John Football for selling home owners insurance.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I agree with CDL15, If we want someone to start game one 2014 season I go with Bridgewater. If we are ok starting Hoyer and letting our draft pick develop IF NEEDED I take Bortles for sure.

  • J jeffinwv wrote on last edited by jeffinwv
    #19

    Manziel...yea he is boom or bust I admit it.

    But when the team has lost so much for so long it cant be a bad thing to bring attention to the team. butts in seats ..yea I said it

    and get the browns on national TV. Everybody is gonna wanna watch him to see if he can pull the same magic he did in college.

    Lets face it America is not waiting on the edge of their seats to see if Blake Bortles is gonna be a good QB.

    But having a full stadium with a loud crowd cant hurt. Being on TV cant hurt. Having a buzz and excitement about the team and the future cant hurt.

    Honestly the three QBs are close.But Manziel brings these other things to the table as well.And if he has a great year...then players will wanna play with him....

    Yea I guess it all works in my dreams.. and butts in seats and being on TV doesn't equate to wins , But skills being equal among the three,this is something the other two do not have.

  • Manziel...yea he is boom or bust I admit it.

    But when the team has lost so much for so long it cant be a bad thing to bring attention to the team. butts in seats ..yea I said it

    and get the browns on national TV. Everybody is gonna wanna watch him to see if he can pull the same magic he did in college.

    Lets face it America is not waiting on the edge of their seats to see if Blake Bortles is gonna be a good QB.

    But having a full stadium with a loud crowd cant hurt. Being on TV cant hurt. Having a buzz and excitement about the team and the future cant hurt.

    Honestly the three QBs are close.But Manziel brings these other things to the table as well.And if he has a great year...then players will wanna play with him....

    Yea I guess it all works in my dreams.. and butts in seats and being on TV doesn't equate to wins , But skills being equal among the three,this is something the other two do not have.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #20

    @jeffinwv said:

    Manziel...yea he is boom or bust I admit it.

    But when the team has lost so much for so long it cant be a bad thing to bring attention to the team. butts in seats ..yea I said it

    and get the browns on national TV. Everybody is gonna wanna watch him to see if he can pull the same magic he did in college.

    Lets face it America is not waiting on the edge of their seats to see if Blake Bortles is gonna be a good QB.

    But having a full stadium with a loud crowd cant hurt. Being on TV cant hurt. Having a buzz and excitement about the team and the future cant hurt.

    Honestly the three QBs are close.But Manziel brings these other things to the table as well.And if he has a great year...then players will wanna play with him....

    Yea I guess it all works in my dreams.. and butts in seats and being on TV doesn't equate to wins , But skills being equal among the three,this is something the other two do not have.

    That hype will only last so long then it will be down to whether not he delivered on it. If he does then you are right. If he doesn't the only attention we get is talking about another badly broken pick. As far as butts in the seats amazingly enough I think we could start a dog at QB and the stadium would fill.

  • J jeffinwv wrote on last edited by jeffinwv
    #21

    But if he is doing great things the attention would be great! He and the Browns would be the talk of the league. And im not sure but I don't think the stadium was real full the last part of the year. Im sure someone can get attendance numbers

  • But if he is doing great things the attention would be great! He and the Browns would be the talk of the league. And im not sure but I don't think the stadium was real full the last part of the year. Im sure someone can get attendance numbers

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @jeffinwv said:

    But if he is doing great things the attention would be great! He and the Browns would be the talk of the league. And im not sure but I don't think the stadium was real full the last part of the year. Im sure someone can get attendance numbers

    If we become a contender who cares if we're featured on sports center every day.

    Winning will be good enough, with or without manziel. KC became the talk of the town anyway, without manziel.

  • J jeffinwv wrote on last edited by jeffinwv
    #23

    yea..id take KCs season next year.I just know Id be excited to see Manziel in Cleveland...the other two...meh

  • @jeffinwv said:

    Manziel...yea he is boom or bust I admit it.

    But when the team has lost so much for so long it cant be a bad thing to bring attention to the team. butts in seats ..yea I said it

    and get the browns on national TV. Everybody is gonna wanna watch him to see if he can pull the same magic he did in college.

    Lets face it America is not waiting on the edge of their seats to see if Blake Bortles is gonna be a good QB.

    But having a full stadium with a loud crowd cant hurt. Being on TV cant hurt. Having a buzz and excitement about the team and the future cant hurt.

    Honestly the three QBs are close.But Manziel brings these other things to the table as well.And if he has a great year...then players will wanna play with him....

    Yea I guess it all works in my dreams.. and butts in seats and being on TV doesn't equate to wins , But skills being equal among the three,this is something the other two do not have.

    That hype will only last so long then it will be down to whether not he delivered on it. If he does then you are right. If he doesn't the only attention we get is talking about another badly broken pick. As far as butts in the seats amazingly enough I think we could start a dog at QB and the stadium would fill.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @jcam222 said:

    ... I think we could start a dog at QB ...

    I'm pretty sure we have...

  • tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Gun to head....Bortles.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #26

    I think I like Bortles the most out of the class. Manziel and Bridgewater would be next. Aj mccarron or even Kenny guiton in the later rounds

  • b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Bortles in this situation, I have a feeling only carr will be left by the time they pick though.. Would rather give Hoyer weapons, see what he can do and take a qb later.. If he fails do whatever it takes to move up in next years draft and get Hundley, Mariotta, Miller or Winston..

  • Bortles in this situation, I have a feeling only carr will be left by the time they pick though.. Would rather give Hoyer weapons, see what he can do and take a qb later.. If he fails do whatever it takes to move up in next years draft and get Hundley, Mariotta, Miller or Winston..

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @b86b said:

    Bortles in this situation, I have a feeling only carr will be left by the time they pick though.. Would rather give Hoyer weapons, see what he can do and take a qb later.. If he fails do whatever it takes to move up in next years draft and get Hundley, Mariotta, Miller or Winston..

    I would bet a large sum of money that Bridgewater, Bortles and Manziel do not make up the top 3 picks. One of them will definitely be there at 4.

  • J jeffinwv wrote on last edited by
    #29

    and if they aren't clowney? And go with Hoyer.