For My Fellow QB Naysayers... Gun to Head, Which One Do You Take?
-
-
Drum roll, please...
I take Bortles..
I take Bortles because of the Big 4 prospects in the draft Blake has:
- far and away has the best arm; and
- both the athleticism and physique to survive the learning process that all the prospects will have to endure.
In short, I see the biggest upside in Bortles.
-
Drum roll, please...
I take Bortles..
I take Bortles because of the Big 4 prospects in the draft Blake has:
- far and away has the best arm; and
- both the athleticism and physique to survive the learning process that all the prospects will have to endure.
In short, I see the biggest upside in Bortles.
yea I like this too...Drum roll, please...
I take Bortles..
I take Bortles because of the Big 4 prospects in the draft Blake has:
- far and away has the best arm; and
- both the athleticism and physic to survive the learning process that all the prospects will have to endure.
Bridgewater for immediate results.
Bortles for long term potential.
Carr & John Football for selling home owners insurance.
-
-
Manziel...yea he is boom or bust I admit it.
But when the team has lost so much for so long it cant be a bad thing to bring attention to the team. butts in seats ..yea I said it
and get the browns on national TV. Everybody is gonna wanna watch him to see if he can pull the same magic he did in college.
Lets face it America is not waiting on the edge of their seats to see if Blake Bortles is gonna be a good QB.
But having a full stadium with a loud crowd cant hurt. Being on TV cant hurt. Having a buzz and excitement about the team and the future cant hurt.
Honestly the three QBs are close.But Manziel brings these other things to the table as well.And if he has a great year...then players will wanna play with him....
Yea I guess it all works in my dreams.. and butts in seats and being on TV doesn't equate to wins , But skills being equal among the three,this is something the other two do not have.
-
Manziel...yea he is boom or bust I admit it.
But when the team has lost so much for so long it cant be a bad thing to bring attention to the team. butts in seats ..yea I said it
and get the browns on national TV. Everybody is gonna wanna watch him to see if he can pull the same magic he did in college.
Lets face it America is not waiting on the edge of their seats to see if Blake Bortles is gonna be a good QB.
But having a full stadium with a loud crowd cant hurt. Being on TV cant hurt. Having a buzz and excitement about the team and the future cant hurt.
Honestly the three QBs are close.But Manziel brings these other things to the table as well.And if he has a great year...then players will wanna play with him....
Yea I guess it all works in my dreams.. and butts in seats and being on TV doesn't equate to wins , But skills being equal among the three,this is something the other two do not have.
Manziel...yea he is boom or bust I admit it.
But when the team has lost so much for so long it cant be a bad thing to bring attention to the team. butts in seats ..yea I said it
and get the browns on national TV. Everybody is gonna wanna watch him to see if he can pull the same magic he did in college.
Lets face it America is not waiting on the edge of their seats to see if Blake Bortles is gonna be a good QB.
But having a full stadium with a loud crowd cant hurt. Being on TV cant hurt. Having a buzz and excitement about the team and the future cant hurt.
Honestly the three QBs are close.But Manziel brings these other things to the table as well.And if he has a great year...then players will wanna play with him....
Yea I guess it all works in my dreams.. and butts in seats and being on TV doesn't equate to wins , But skills being equal among the three,this is something the other two do not have.
That hype will only last so long then it will be down to whether not he delivered on it. If he does then you are right. If he doesn't the only attention we get is talking about another badly broken pick. As far as butts in the seats amazingly enough I think we could start a dog at QB and the stadium would fill.
-
But if he is doing great things the attention would be great! He and the Browns would be the talk of the league. And im not sure but I don't think the stadium was real full the last part of the year. Im sure someone can get attendance numbers
-
But if he is doing great things the attention would be great! He and the Browns would be the talk of the league. And im not sure but I don't think the stadium was real full the last part of the year. Im sure someone can get attendance numbers
But if he is doing great things the attention would be great! He and the Browns would be the talk of the league. And im not sure but I don't think the stadium was real full the last part of the year. Im sure someone can get attendance numbers
If we become a contender who cares if we're featured on sports center every day.
Winning will be good enough, with or without manziel. KC became the talk of the town anyway, without manziel.
-
yea..id take KCs season next year.I just know Id be excited to see Manziel in Cleveland...the other two...meh
-
Manziel...yea he is boom or bust I admit it.
But when the team has lost so much for so long it cant be a bad thing to bring attention to the team. butts in seats ..yea I said it
and get the browns on national TV. Everybody is gonna wanna watch him to see if he can pull the same magic he did in college.
Lets face it America is not waiting on the edge of their seats to see if Blake Bortles is gonna be a good QB.
But having a full stadium with a loud crowd cant hurt. Being on TV cant hurt. Having a buzz and excitement about the team and the future cant hurt.
Honestly the three QBs are close.But Manziel brings these other things to the table as well.And if he has a great year...then players will wanna play with him....
Yea I guess it all works in my dreams.. and butts in seats and being on TV doesn't equate to wins , But skills being equal among the three,this is something the other two do not have.
That hype will only last so long then it will be down to whether not he delivered on it. If he does then you are right. If he doesn't the only attention we get is talking about another badly broken pick. As far as butts in the seats amazingly enough I think we could start a dog at QB and the stadium would fill.
-
-
I think I like Bortles the most out of the class. Manziel and Bridgewater would be next. Aj mccarron or even Kenny guiton in the later rounds
-
Bortles in this situation, I have a feeling only carr will be left by the time they pick though.. Would rather give Hoyer weapons, see what he can do and take a qb later.. If he fails do whatever it takes to move up in next years draft and get Hundley, Mariotta, Miller or Winston..
-
Bortles in this situation, I have a feeling only carr will be left by the time they pick though.. Would rather give Hoyer weapons, see what he can do and take a qb later.. If he fails do whatever it takes to move up in next years draft and get Hundley, Mariotta, Miller or Winston..
Bortles in this situation, I have a feeling only carr will be left by the time they pick though.. Would rather give Hoyer weapons, see what he can do and take a qb later.. If he fails do whatever it takes to move up in next years draft and get Hundley, Mariotta, Miller or Winston..
I would bet a large sum of money that Bridgewater, Bortles and Manziel do not make up the top 3 picks. One of them will definitely be there at 4.
-
and if they aren't clowney? And go with Hoyer.
-
-
You guys are really willing to bet next season on Hoyer? Havent we seen this story before? The QBs next year are not guaranteed to be any better than this years. Hell Winston has already came out and said he wants to play 2 more years at Florida St., and what are the chances were bad enough to pick #1? Mariota is a less skilled Manziel. Hundley has a Terrelle Pryor feel to him. Im sick of losing. Im sick of not having a QB. No more next years.
-
-
Top to bottom in order of availability
Bridgewater - most starting ability. If we draft this kid we better be patient as fans
Bortles - most upside. will be good with decent coaching
Carr - supposidly the best QB for a transition into the draft.
Johnny - to be honest with you. I totally pass or trade the pick if all above are gone.
-
You guys are really willing to bet next season on Hoyer? Havent we seen this story before? The QBs next year are not guaranteed to be any better than this years. Hell Winston has already came out and said he wants to play 2 more years at Florida St., and what are the chances were bad enough to pick #1? Mariota is a less skilled Manziel. Hundley has a Terrelle Pryor feel to him. Im sick of losing. Im sick of not having a QB. No more next years.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
You guys are really willing to bet next season on Hoyer? Havent we seen this story before? The QBs next year are not guaranteed to be any better than this years. Hell Winston has already came out and said he wants to play 2 more years at Florida St., and what are the chances were bad enough to pick #1? Mariota is a less skilled Manziel. Hundley has a Terrelle Pryor feel to him. Im sick of losing. Im sick of not having a QB. No more next years.
wait till 2015 okay?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login