Skip to content

For My Fellow QB Naysayers... Gun to Head, Which One Do You Take?

The Browns Board
70 25 1.8k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @mike-h said:

    There's a really good article on SI.com by Bedard that delves into his knowledge of the game and work habits, everyone should check it.

    Done... and it was a good read, but two things:

    1. Why did Bedard hedge?

    "No one’s saying Bridgewater is destined for greatness..." just seems like an odd insert near the start of an article that then proceeds to build a case for his greatness.

    2. If what he wrote is true, then there's no way Houston passes on him.

  • @tour2ma said:

    It's as if we focus extra hard on QBs, then it will make them extra better... 😡

    Almost every scout in America has 3 QBs in their top 20 players overall. How much better do they have to get?
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #55

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Almost every scout in America has 3 QBs in their top 20 players overall. How much better do they have to get?

    boy scouts? what do they get a merit badge for QB drafting if they are correct? and then get demoted to a webelo if they get it wrong?

    c'mon man!

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @mike-h said:

    β€œTeddy’s been taught from day one that I want him to be the coordinator at the line of scrimmage because he can be far better than me.” β€”Shawn Watson

    HERE WE GO AGAIN.

    HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED ANYTHING YET ABOUT THIS BOARD YOU FRIGGIN 3X MOLECULAR BRAIN SURGEON SCHOLAR?

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    I never once said Manziel was a "generational" player. I like Manziel the best of the three, but right now im not opposed to any of em. Lets say we draft Watkins. We get him for 4 years. If he lives up to the billing of the number 4 pick, how do we resign him? We cant pay him and Gordon number 1 money, which means we let one walk after their rookie deal, and were right back to needing a number 2. Id rather go OLine or LB if we decide to continue ignoring the QB position.

    then y draft one of these Qbs at all. Sorry bub u draft a guy at 4 he better be the real deal and seeing how 100% of almost every single analysist can not agree on which one is better than the other really makes me gun shy of all of them. Hell the way I see it Carr is 1 combine, a couple of interviews, and a solid team workout from being projected better than all of them. Are u gonna jump on poetics bandwagon if this happens??? Watkins will still be projected as best wr in draft. And No Gordon and this years draft picks free agency period will be no where near each other. Isn't Gordon a free agent after 2014 anyways? Signing free agents aint as hard as it used to be anyways. Again this franchise should not be taken the 2nd or 3rd qb off the board at #4. That's the Retarded shit we did last year.
    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @cdl15 said:

    then y draft one of these Qbs at all. Sorry bub u draft a guy at 4 he better be the real deal and seeing how 100% of almost every single analysist can not agree on which one is better than the other really makes me gun shy of all of them. Hell the way I see it Carr is 1 combine, a couple of interviews, and a solid team workout from being projected better than all of them. Are u gonna jump on poetics bandwagon if this happens??? Watkins will still be projected as best wr in draft. And No Gordon and this years draft picks free agency period will be no where near each other. Isn't Gordon a free agent after 2014 anyways? Signing free agents aint as hard as it used to be anyways. Again this franchise should not be taken the 2nd or 3rd qb off the board at #4. That's the Retarded shit we did last year.

    First off, most scouts have 3 QBs in the top 15 players overall. The fact that they cant decide which one they like the best shouldnt scare you away from all of em. Gordon is a free agent after 2015 right? Carr is actually my least favorite of the 4 but if we drafted him Id support him. We took the 4th QB off the board in 2012 at what 24? Not exactly what im proposing at 4. Most scouts also had Weeden in the second round, not top 15.
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @mike-h said:

    I think quotes from coaches are more relevant than your evaluation of the quality of QBs in this draft

    agree 100%. just like i'd take their evaluation over yours any day of the week.

    just opinions mike. not like i'm throwing darts at you.

  • @cdl15 said:

    then y draft one of these Qbs at all. Sorry bub u draft a guy at 4 he better be the real deal and seeing how 100% of almost every single analysist can not agree on which one is better than the other really makes me gun shy of all of them. Hell the way I see it Carr is 1 combine, a couple of interviews, and a solid team workout from being projected better than all of them. Are u gonna jump on poetics bandwagon if this happens??? Watkins will still be projected as best wr in draft. And No Gordon and this years draft picks free agency period will be no where near each other. Isn't Gordon a free agent after 2014 anyways? Signing free agents aint as hard as it used to be anyways. Again this franchise should not be taken the 2nd or 3rd qb off the board at #4. That's the Retarded shit we did last year.

    First off, most scouts have 3 QBs in the top 15 players overall. The fact that they cant decide which one they like the best shouldnt scare you away from all of em. Gordon is a free agent after 2015 right? Carr is actually my least favorite of the 4 but if we drafted him Id support him. We took the 4th QB off the board in 2012 at what 24? Not exactly what im proposing at 4. Most scouts also had Weeden in the second round, not top 15.
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #59

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    First off, most scouts have 3 QBs in the top 15 players overall. The fact that they cant decide which one they like the best shouldnt scare you away from all of em. Gordon is a free agent after 2015 right? Carr is actually my least favorite of the 4 but if we drafted him Id support him. We took the 4th QB off the board in 2012 at what 24? Not exactly what im proposing at 4. Most scouts also had Weeden in the second round, not top 15.

    i haven't liked half the picks the browns have made since '99. the last 4 years have been atrocious, except for a heckert pick here or there. weeden and mccoy made me physically ill. but i support anyone that wears the brown orange and white.

    hey let's pick up sams who just came out of the closet. at least we know he likes brown.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Almost every scout in America has 3 QBs in their top 20 players overall. How much better do they have to get?

    First, since we are at 4 and 26, what does top 20 have to do with it? Most of "almost every scout" have only one QB in the top 4 players.

    Then there's that other little problem... they can't seem to agree on which one is in the top 4. So it's not as much a matter of how much better "they have to get"; it's more a case of who is he?

    Apparently the scouts are just like us...

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @tour2ma said:

    First, since we are at 4 and 26, what does top 20 have to do with it? Most of "almost every scout" have only one QB in the top 4 players.

    Then there's that other little problem... they can't seem to agree on which one is in the top 4. So it's not as much a matter of how much better "they have to get"; it's more a case of who is he?

    Apparently the scouts are just like us...

    I dont consider it a bad thing to have competition to be the top QB in the draft. Its close. Everyone has their own opinion. Hell if we go through this process and wait till the second round to snag Garappolo, I wouldnt mind, if they came out and said he was their #1 QB on their board. We have the ammo to get their #1 guy, and thats all I want. Wouldnt surprise me in the least if our front office screws the pick up, but at least theyre doing everything they can to try and get a QB in here. And Tour honestly, I could care less exactly where they have these guys ranked. I was using those rankings as a reference point. The only thing that matters is, who is the favorite QB? Where is he projected, and what's the latest pick we can use on him. In most scenarios, if the favorite is one of the top 3, none will be available at 26. Now, do we have to use 4 on him? Or, can we possibly move up from 26 to the teens and snag him? All questions that im glad I dont have to figure out.
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #61

    Xx that is a very good reason for concern. Scouts prognosticators pundits sports aficionados are all divided on which of these guys is the real deal. Seems like we'd have some sort of consensus...

    WSS

  • Xx that is a very good reason for concern. Scouts prognosticators pundits sports aficionados are all divided on which of these guys is the real deal. Seems like we'd have some sort of consensus...

    WSS

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @westside-steve said:

    Xx that is a very good reason for concern. Scouts prognosticators pundits sports aficionados are all divided on which of these guys is the real deal. Seems like we'd have some sort of consensus...

    WSS

    it would definitely make it easier. But hell we had scouts saying theyd take RGIII over Luck, and Leaf over Manning. Maybe theyre all the real deal, maybe theyre all busts....
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #63

    Well RG 3 might have easily been a superstar had he not been hurt. Same with our possibly rose colored version of Brian Hoyer...

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Xx that is a very good reason for concern. Scouts prognosticators pundits sports aficionados are all divided on which of these guys is the real deal. Seems like we'd have some sort of consensus...

    WSS

    it would definitely make it easier. But hell we had scouts saying theyd take RGIII over Luck, and Leaf over Manning. Maybe theyre all the real deal, maybe theyre all busts....
    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #64

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    it would definitely make it easier. But hell we had scouts saying theyd take RGIII over Luck, and Leaf over Manning. Maybe theyre all the real deal, maybe theyre all busts....

    I think Luck was a bigger consensus #1 than Manning over Leaf though. I think some on the Colts staff wanted to take Leaf over Manning.

    Leaf is a guy that could have been good though. He signed that contract and basically said screw football. He just wanted to party and do drugs and be in the spot light. Another important thing to consider in player evaluations.

    I think RG3 could still be a good player, but I would have never taken him over Luck. I thought Luck should have won the heisman too that year.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    it would definitely make it easier. But hell we had scouts saying theyd take RGIII over Luck, and Leaf over Manning. Maybe theyre all the real deal, maybe theyre all busts....

    I think Luck was a bigger consensus #1 than Manning over Leaf though. I think some on the Colts staff wanted to take Leaf over Manning.

    Leaf is a guy that could have been good though. He signed that contract and basically said screw football. He just wanted to party and do drugs and be in the spot light. Another important thing to consider in player evaluations.

    I think RG3 could still be a good player, but I would have never taken him over Luck. I thought Luck should have won the heisman too that year.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @bbedward said:

    I think Luck was a bigger consensus #1 than Manning over Leaf though. I think some on the Colts staff wanted to take Leaf over Manning.

    Leaf is a guy that could have been good though. He signed that contract and basically said screw football. He just wanted to party and do drugs and be in the spot light. Another important thing to consider in player evaluations.

    I think RG3 could still be a good player, but I would have never taken him over Luck. I thought Luck should have won the heisman too that year.

    Billl Polian denies that they were ever considering Leaf. Manning was always the guy per him.

  • @bbedward said:

    I think Luck was a bigger consensus #1 than Manning over Leaf though. I think some on the Colts staff wanted to take Leaf over Manning.

    Leaf is a guy that could have been good though. He signed that contract and basically said screw football. He just wanted to party and do drugs and be in the spot light. Another important thing to consider in player evaluations.

    I think RG3 could still be a good player, but I would have never taken him over Luck. I thought Luck should have won the heisman too that year.

    Billl Polian denies that they were ever considering Leaf. Manning was always the guy per him.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @the-gipper said:

    Billl Polian denies that they were ever considering Leaf. Manning was always the guy per him.

    I heard an interview that Leaf didn't want to be in Indy, but Indy was doing their due-diligence and wanted to interview him because some of their scouts preferred him. Leaf skipped the interview.
  • @the-gipper said:

    Billl Polian denies that they were ever considering Leaf. Manning was always the guy per him.

    I heard an interview that Leaf didn't want to be in Indy, but Indy was doing their due-diligence and wanted to interview him because some of their scouts preferred him. Leaf skipped the interview.
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #67

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    I heard an interview that Leaf didn't want to be in Indy, but Indy was doing their due-diligence and wanted to interview him because some of their scouts preferred him. Leaf skipped the interview.

    Leigh Steinberg, Leaf's agent confirmed that they purposely ditched the Colts interview because he wanted to go to San Diego with the #2 pick.

    Polian said that action simply confirmed what they thought about Leaf's immaturity and confirmed that Manning was the choice to make.

    Did some Colt's scouts still like Leaf, perhaps. But I don't know about "preferred".

  • @bbedward said:

    I think Luck was a bigger consensus #1 than Manning over Leaf though. I think some on the Colts staff wanted to take Leaf over Manning.

    Leaf is a guy that could have been good though. He signed that contract and basically said screw football. He just wanted to party and do drugs and be in the spot light. Another important thing to consider in player evaluations.

    I think RG3 could still be a good player, but I would have never taken him over Luck. I thought Luck should have won the heisman too that year.

    Billl Polian denies that they were ever considering Leaf. Manning was always the guy per him.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #68

    @the-gipper said:

    Billl Polian denies that they were ever considering Leaf. Manning was always the guy per him.

    And Irsay said they never considered RG3 due to concerns that he'd get hurt... Luck was their guy all the way.

    Maybe we should ask Indy about this year's crop of QBs...

    In return we can advise them on RBs... πŸ™‚

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    All questions that im glad I dont have to figure out.

    And I wish they'd ask me... πŸ˜‰

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #69

    Thanks for the clarification.

    Seemed to me more scouts/blog scouts were a bit more split on Leaf/Manning than Luck/RG3 though.

    Hopefully Manziel doesn't turn into a Leaf type.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Billl Polian denies that they were ever considering Leaf. Manning was always the guy per him.

    And Irsay said they never considered RG3 due to concerns that he'd get hurt... Luck was their guy all the way.

    Maybe we should ask Indy about this year's crop of QBs...

    In return we can advise them on RBs... πŸ™‚

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    All questions that im glad I dont have to figure out.

    And I wish they'd ask me... πŸ˜‰

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @tour2ma said:

    And Irsay said they never considered RG3 due to concerns that he'd get hurt... Luck was their guy all the way.

    Maybe we should ask Indy about this year's crop of QBs...

    In return we can advise them on RBs... πŸ™‚

    I really dont think theyd trust us anymore lol.

    And I wish they'd ask me... πŸ˜‰

    At this point id trust u more than the stooges to get this right...so me too.