Skip to content

Browns should draft QBs...

The Browns Board
43 22 1.5k
  • ...so what you're saying is, nobody's got a problem with Hard Knocks?

    @poeticg said:

    ...so what you're saying is, nobody's got a problem with Hard Knocks?

    no Po it's not 'HARD COCKS'.

    so settle down.

  • @mike-h said:

    I've seen enough of Campbell and Weeden. Rookie(s) + Hoyer. Shed the dead weight.

    so you are with PoG and draft or gain QBs from draft or FA to fill a 3 man roster spot?

  • @mike-h said:

    I would roll with Hoyer and one of Manziel/Bridgewater/etc.

    i agree with the philosophy (hoyer starting) but maybe not so much with the players that you like in the draft. MAYBE one will fall to us @4, and in all chances one of them will. BUT does that mean THAT guy will fit OUR scheme?

    i say plug a player into the scheme not build one around one ala redskins.

    but who am i to say.

    time will tell.

  • Why don't we just change the game so that a team has 3 QBs on the field at the same time....with 3 footballs, and make the defense play with only 7 players.

    Jesus

    @the-gipper said:

    Why don't we just change the game so that a team has 3 QBs on the field at the same time....with 3 footballs, and make the defense play with only 7 players.

    Jesus

    You are too stupid to realize what you have just done.

    Someone post this video I can't.

  • ...so what you're saying is, nobody's got a problem with Hard Knocks?

    @poeticg said:

    ...so what you're saying is, nobody's got a problem with Hard Knocks?

    There's a program called hard knocks on the Playboy Channel?

  • @poeticg said:

    ...so what you're saying is, nobody's got a problem with Hard Knocks?

    There's a program called hard knocks on the Playboy Channel?

    @hoorta said:

    There's a program called hard knocks on the Playboy Channel?

    I believe you are thinking of "Hard Knockers: When Implants Go Wrong"...

  • PoG, I thought Carr was a sure thing? He should be the only QB we need right?

  • PoG, I thought Carr was a sure thing? He should be the only QB we need right?

    @bbedward said:

    PoG, I thought Carr was a sure thing? He should be the only QB we need right?

    He apparently needs no offensive coordinator.

  • I think we take Johnny Football, keep Hoyer and Campbell.

  • PoG, I thought Carr was a sure thing? He should be the only QB we need right?

    @bbedward said:

    PoG, I thought Carr was a sure thing? He should be the only QB we need right?

    lol... good memory...

  • ...it was a satire... and yes, I do believe that Carr is the only QB we need to draft.

    Hoyer and Carr is a greater combination than anything we've had here for a long time.

  • ...it was a satire... and yes, I do believe that Carr is the only QB we need to draft.

    Hoyer and Carr is a greater combination than anything we've had here for a long time.

    @poeticg said:

    ...it was a satire... and yes, I do believe that Carr is the only QB we need to draft.

    Hoyer and Carr is a greater combination than anything we've had here for a long time.

    If we're drafting based purely off of "better than we had", we're in trouble.

  • The Browns need to Draft -

    1st Round-
    6) Johnny Football, Teddy Twatwater, Blake Bortles or Derek Carr.
    26) The next pick they need to draft whichever of the QBs not selected above.

    2nd Round Pick-
    Cleveland needs a RB. Are we betting the future on Lewis or Baker? Yeah, they've got potential but I'm not gonna say I'm completely convinced that they are the answer at RB.
    We have to take Lake Seastrunk, he has that it factor when running the ball. He's got a burst that intrigues me as to what he can become as he develops at the next level..

    3rd Round Picks-
    They should take A.J. McCarron and Tajh Boyd.

    I already know there are gonna be people throwing up their arms and crying foul! We need OL and CBs, yada, yada... I know this. But, given the amount of years that we've needed a TRUE QB in this city, given that amount of time, would you trade all the picks of this draft to finally end the QB carousel for the long haul. IT'S FUCKING WORTH IT. This gives the Browns...

    Hoyer - heir apparent
    Campbell - Veteran with costly contract
    Weeden - young QB with veteran age
    Tanny - trick shot artist with amazing accuracy
    Bridgewater/Manziel - top prospects in this years crop of QBs
    Bortles/Carr - solid QBs but less talked about
    McCarron - came from championship caliber Alabama coached by Nick Saban
    Boyd - lots of intangibles here

    That's EIGHT QBs... There should be a Franchise QB in this mix, should. BUT, if you're still not convinced, take a shot at a couple late round QBs that might have slipped through the cracks like a Tom Brady.

    The Browns need closure to this QB quagmire that has plagued the city since Bernie Kosar was king. This has to stop, why not end it now. Take 10 QBs to camp. Invite Hard Knocks to come and document the QB Competition. Let us all see who has it and who doesn't. Quit hiding behind closed doors and trotting us out garbage QB's season after season.

    Personally, I wish we could just use one single pick and get the best one for us. But, if I had a track record like the Browns do, I'd take them all. You have to, just take them all and keep the best 3. End the Misery on Lake Erie. Shut down The Factory and invite HBO to the Greatest show since Otto.

    This would all tie in perfectly with the Draft Day movie and then the TV show. Bring the buzz back to Cleveland. Fire up them big screens and the new surround sound. Spruce up the uniforms and shine those helmets. It's showtime.

    ...And we got a Runningback. 😉

    @poeticg said:

    The Browns need to Draft -

    1st Round-

    6) Johnny Football, Teddy Twatwater, Blake Bortles or Derek Carr.

    26) The next pick they need to draft whichever of the QBs not selected above.

    2nd Round Pick-

    Cleveland needs a RB. Are we betting the future on Lewis or Baker? Yeah, they've got potential but I'm not gonna say I'm completely convinced that they are the answer at RB.

    We have to take Lake Seastrunk, he has that it factor when running the ball. He's got a burst that intrigues me as to what he can become as he develops at the next level..

    3rd Round Picks-

    They should take A.J. McCarron and Tajh Boyd.

    I already know there are gonna be people throwing up their arms and crying foul! We need OL and CBs, yada, yada... I know this. But, given the amount of years that we've needed a TRUE QB in this city, given that amount of time, would you trade all the picks of this draft to finally end the QB carousel for the long haul. IT'S FUCKING WORTH IT. This gives the Browns...

    Hoyer - heir apparent

    Campbell - Veteran with costly contract

    Weeden - young QB with veteran age

    Tanny - trick shot artist with amazing accuracy

    Bridgewater/Manziel - top prospects in this years crop of QBs

    Bortles/Carr - solid QBs but less talked about

    McCarron - came from championship caliber Alabama coached by Nick Saban

    Boyd - lots of intangibles here

    That's EIGHT QBs... There should be a Franchise QB in this mix, should. BUT, if you're still not convinced, take a shot at a couple late round QBs that might have slipped through the cracks like a Tom Brady.

    The Browns need closure to this QB quagmire that has plagued the city since Bernie Kosar was king. This has to stop, why not end it now. Take 10 QBs to camp. Invite Hard Knocks to come and document the QB Competition. Let us all see who has it and who doesn't. Quit hiding behind closed doors and trotting us out garbage QB's season after season.

    Personally, I wish we could just use one single pick and get the best one for us. But, if I had a track record like the Browns do, I'd take them all. You have to, just take them all and keep the best 3. End the Misery on Lake Erie. Shut down The Factory and invite HBO to the Greatest show since Otto.

    This would all tie in perfectly with the Draft Day movie and then the TV show. Bring the buzz back to Cleveland. Fire up them big screens and the new surround sound. Spruce up the uniforms and shine those helmets. It's showtime.

    ...And we got a Runningback. 😉

    Have a snickers, robin williams

  • Sounds a lot like what I've been saying 😁

  • You need 2 QB's on any given team, but you don't have to draft 5 of them lol. I like the approach of drafting Bortles, Bridgewater, or Manziel with the 4th pick and then follow that up by getting Jimmy Garoppolo in the 3 or 4th round.

  • You need 2 QB's on any given team, but you don't have to draft 5 of them lol. I like the approach of drafting Bortles, Bridgewater, or Manziel with the 4th pick and then follow that up by getting Jimmy Garoppolo in the 3 or 4th round.

    @browns616 said:

    You need 2 QB's on any given team, but you don't have to draft 5 of them lol. I like the approach of drafting Bortles, Bridgewater, or Manziel with the 4th pick and then follow that up by getting Jimmy Garoppolo in the 3 or 4th round.

    Yep that's what I've done in all my mock drafts and I hope the browns do that. You'll have a veteran insurance policy, the franchise QB of the future, and a developmental prospect.

  • @browns616 said:

    You need 2 QB's on any given team, but you don't have to draft 5 of them lol. I like the approach of drafting Bortles, Bridgewater, or Manziel with the 4th pick and then follow that up by getting Jimmy Garoppolo in the 3 or 4th round.

    Yep that's what I've done in all my mock drafts and I hope the browns do that. You'll have a veteran insurance policy, the franchise QB of the future, and a developmental prospect.

    @osiris said:

    Yep that's what I've done in all my mock drafts and I hope the browns do that. You'll have a veteran insurance policy, the franchise QB of the future, and a developmental prospect.

    I like getting Garopolo as well. I am guessing however that with a good Combine he won't be there in the 4th and perhaps not even the 3rd.

  • i like murray to as a later round pick even if take a qb high

  • ...it was a satire... and yes, I do believe that Carr is the only QB we need to draft.

    Hoyer and Carr is a greater combination than anything we've had here for a long time.

    @poeticg said:

    ...it was a satire... and yes, I do believe that Carr is the only QB we need to draft.

    Hoyer and Carr is a greater combination than anything we've had here for a long time.

    PG, I think you have a rare talent for hitching your wagon to the wrong horse. I was listening to ESPN on the way into work this afternoon, and Todd McShay was giving his early spiel on the 2014 draft. Funny point is- he happens to agree almost 100% (in all humility) with my vast football acumen. He doesn't see any qb in this draft with top 5 talent, and has Clowney as the #1 overall prospect.

    He has Brigwater Bortels as one-two in no particular order- and has the same questions I do. Bridgwater looks frail, and Bortles accuracy is in question. He has Manziel as a dropoff, for the same reasons I do- lack of ability to read a defense- he won't be able to scramble like a nut until someone breaks open, and if he takes off running- he's going to get killed.

    On the next level- he has AJ McCarron ahead of your current fave Carr- though I might debate that. There's disturbing reports regarding Carr that he can't stand the heat in the pocket- shades of the major knock of a current Browns qb had coming out of college, Brandon We-Done. .

  • i like murray to as a later round pick even if take a qb high

    @beare said:

    i like murray to as a later round pick even if take a qb high

    Yep, i picked Bridgewater and Murray in the 4th round in a fanspeak simulation I ran last night. I'd be very happy with that.