Rams fan talking draft
-
Yup. I'm old enough to have seen him play.
If Manziel turns out to be as good as Sir Francis, he'd be the best QB in Cleveland since Automatic Otto.
That's not worth a first round pick?
As Peter King said, Manziel won't get past Jax. He'd sell a lot of tickets there. And they are desperate for that.
As I said (somewhere) selling tickets is a piss poor reason to draft a guy. With the events today in Cleveland, I have hope Haslam's come to the realization WINNING sells tickets, not hype.
Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl. Dan Fouts never won a Super Bowl. Jim Kelly never won a Super Bowl. Warren Moon never won a Super Bowl.
All Hall of Famers.
LOL, now when did I ever say Tarkenton wasn't good? But I did say Tarkenton may be Manziel's ceiling. However I also did say his floor is Ki-Jana Carter or Ryan Leaf. Maybe both combined.
As I said (somewhere) selling tickets is a piss poor reason to draft a guy. With the events today in Cleveland, I have hope Haslam's come to the realization WINNING sells tickets, not hype.
LOL, now when did I ever say Tarkenton wasn't good? But I did say Tarkenton may be Manziel's ceiling. However I also did say his floor is Ki-Jana Carter or Ryan Leaf. Maybe both combined.
That's everybody's floor. You act like Ryan Leaf was some questionable prospect coming out of college. He was the same prospect as Luck for the most part.
Everyone has Leaf bust abilities.
-
As I said (somewhere) selling tickets is a piss poor reason to draft a guy. With the events today in Cleveland, I have hope Haslam's come to the realization WINNING sells tickets, not hype.
LOL, now when did I ever say Tarkenton wasn't good? But I did say Tarkenton may be Manziel's ceiling. However I also did say his floor is Ki-Jana Carter or Ryan Leaf. Maybe both combined.
That's everybody's floor. You act like Ryan Leaf was some questionable prospect coming out of college. He was the same prospect as Luck for the most part.
Everyone has Leaf bust abilities.
That's everybody's floor. You act like Ryan Leaf was some questionable prospect coming out of college. He was the same prospect as Luck for the most part.
Everyone has Leaf bust abilities.
True- but prospects are researched a lot more now than in 1998. You want to tell me there aren't some red character flags about Mr. Football? IIRC there were a few about Leaf too. See, ya got me started all over again.
-
That's everybody's floor. You act like Ryan Leaf was some questionable prospect coming out of college. He was the same prospect as Luck for the most part.
Everyone has Leaf bust abilities.
True- but prospects are researched a lot more now than in 1998. You want to tell me there aren't some red character flags about Mr. Football? IIRC there were a few about Leaf too. See, ya got me started all over again.
Scouts thought Rivers was too reckless and cocky. Cutler was thought to be lazy. Wilson was supposed to be too small.True- but prospects are researched a lot more now than in 1998. You want to tell me there aren't some red character flags about Mr. Football? IIRC there were a few about Leaf too. See, ya got me started all over again.
Russell was supposed to be a perfect prospect.
You're one of few making a big deal about his "character flaws". Most others have legitimate concerns about his game, not the fact that's he's acting like all of us did when we were 21.
I seem to recall Josh Gordon having a few character flaws as well.
-
Scouts thought Rivers was too reckless and cocky. Cutler was thought to be lazy. Wilson was supposed to be too small.True- but prospects are researched a lot more now than in 1998. You want to tell me there aren't some red character flags about Mr. Football? IIRC there were a few about Leaf too. See, ya got me started all over again.
Russell was supposed to be a perfect prospect.
You're one of few making a big deal about his "character flaws". Most others have legitimate concerns about his game, not the fact that's he's acting like all of us did when we were 21.
I seem to recall Josh Gordon having a few character flaws as well.
Scouts thought Rivers was too reckless and cocky. Cutler was thought to be lazy. Wilson was supposed to be too small.
Russell was supposed to be a perfect prospect.
You're one of few making a big deal about his "character flaws". Most others have legitimate concerns about his game, not the fact that's he's acting like all of us did when we were 21.
I seem to recall Josh Gordon having a few character flaws as well.
Most college qbs with NFL aspirations don't blow off the opportunity to hang out with Peyton Manning either. I don't remember ever having that opportunity when I was 20 to get real drunk at a football camp involving Jim Brown. You don't think some of those pics with him in bars with chicks hanging all over him isn't a Ben Studlisberger situation just waiting to happen? It's not just one issue TC. Like I just said- I'll let Farmer make the decision after he interviews him if Football is a true asshole- jerk or an immature asshole jerk remedial to correction, worth hanging the immediate- long term future of the Browns on. I won't be there- and neither will you. Farmer said in his presser "character counts" ya listening?
I don't necessarily want a choirboy for the Browns qb of the future- but I do want someone who can stay out of jail, and just maybe be a role model for kids- hmm sort of like Drew Breese?
-
pick clowney @4 and everyone can shut the fuck up.
if all these QBs are going to be gone so soon, i'll take clowney in a heartbeat.
we can always get carr later or even some other insurance policy<surprise guy.......but we still have hoyer.
which means we could try and get some action for next year and get a 'real' QB.
without evans, manziel wouldn't even be in this discussion.
-
We need to score points to win games. Hoyer is one hit away from being out. We need a QB.
-
We need to score points to win games. Hoyer is one hit away from being out. We need a QB.
We need to score points to win games. Hoyer is one hit away from being out. We need a QB.
so is manziel and bridgewater.
just saw on NFL network that farmer scouted mariota as his fave QB and was disappointed he didn't declare for the draft and will probably pick another position this year with their first pick. HA!!
as i've been saying all along.
-
Well it's February, Draft isn't until may so I wouldn't put any stock in any rumors.
-
We need to score points to win games. Hoyer is one hit away from being out. We need a QB.
so is manziel and bridgewater.
just saw on NFL network that farmer scouted mariota as his fave QB and was disappointed he didn't declare for the draft and will probably pick another position this year with their first pick. HA!!
as i've been saying all along.
I love mariota, but we'd have to suck to get him next year.so is manziel and bridgewater.
just saw on NFL network that farmer scouted mariota as his fave QB and was disappointed he didn't declare for the draft and will probably pick another position this year with their first pick. HA!!
as i've been saying all along.
I'm cool with Clowney and Garrapollo. I like Garrapolo more than Carr.
I like Watkins if clowneys gone, but this is a deep WR draft.
-
pick clowney @4 and everyone can shut the fuck up.
if all these QBs are going to be gone so soon, i'll take clowney in a heartbeat.
we can always get carr later or even some other insurance policy<surprise guy.......but we still have hoyer.
which means we could try and get some action for next year and get a 'real' QB.
without evans, manziel wouldn't even be in this discussion.
pick clowney @4 and everyone can shut the fuck up.
if all these QBs are going to be gone so soon, i'll take clowney in a heartbeat.
we can always get carr later or even some other insurance policy<surprise guy.......but we still have hoyer.
which means we could try and get some action for next year and get a 'real' QB.
without evans, manziel wouldn't even be in this discussion.
To be fair Mik, no doubt Clowney is the most talented athlete in this draft but he's not issue free either. Personally, I think he'll already be off the board when the Browns draft.
-
@mike-h said:
The Texans are following Johnny Manziel on Twitter.
it's a ruse mate. They're baiting. And all this talk about the Browns loving Manziel has me worried that we'll be the ones jumping and they get to pick at 4 and likely have our 26 too.....and still get exactly the guy they want. No trading up.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login